Another anime ruined by idolshit

>another anime ruined by idolshit

Idolshit didn't ruin Delta
The fujoshit bait windmerians did

>bait
>responding to bait

>ruined

>windmerians
This race was so shitty, I wish they had been eradicated.

If you wanted a (You) all you had to do was ask

Is Macross ded?

That's every Macross except Plus, though. Kawamori doesn't know how to do anything else except pander his own perversions to an audience as in-universe mechanics.

>Windies
>fujobait
Found the retard. There was literally zero fujoshi appeal in that show, as evidenced by the lack of fujo fanart. Unless you're one of those retards who doesn't know what fujoshi mean.

And yes, idolshit ruined Delta. Wasting so much screentime on Walkure when only Freyja and Kaname were great was a mistake. Mikumo was a one dimensional plot device and the yuri bait girls were cardboard cutouts. Show should have focused on the pilots.

That's less idolshit ruining Delta and more like wasted characters which would apply to the majority of that entire cast.

I wish that too much idolshit was the problem with Delta but we don't even get that. The problem with Delta is that it's boring af. It sets up a lot of things in the first half and then spends the second half with way too little fights, songs or really much of anything for exposition, a complete bullshit triangle and if you're lucky, 3 minutes of a dogfight with plenty of reused footage

Yep

>macross
>not idolshit from the start
Lel

>Giving a fuck about the anime
The albums are where it's at newfriend

Apparently, unless they do something -- like actually something -- with the storyline instead of rehashing past glory

Actually she was the one to kill Delta, the show became the Freyja show and no one got any kind of development at all but her.

Literally the only reason this is still on my backlog is because of this girl

How much disappointment am I in for?

I agree and disagree. I don't watch idol shit. However Freyja was a good girl and the show committed to idol shit then pulled the rug under her and went grim.
If they were going to do idol shit they should have done it properly.

But I liked the idols. I even pirated their live BD's

Worse than IBO.

Why hasn't anyone made isekai idolshit yet?

Not worse than IBO. Cour 1 was good. Cour 2 was a joke. It's not exactly very macross-y but it's okay. If you're watching ti for Freyja then Freyja is pretty worth.

The girl is cute, has good songs, and makes funny faces.

As you can see from it's fine and mostly just the usual circlejerk. It just suffers from a weak second half. If you haven't seen the other Macross stuff watch that instead first.

But Delta was ruined by the Windemere or whatever focus in the 2nd half. They were mostly pilots and politicians, not idols.

>. It just suffers from a weak second half.
A bad start can be salvaged by a good ending, but a bad ending is complete un-salvageable.

3 YEARS OLD

Why are you on an anime board if you can't deal with weak endings?

Literally worse than IBO

Fuck off cunt, it's not even worse than G Reco (though in my opinion G reco is Captain Earth level of bad)

>tfw I enjoyed watching Basara and LISTEN TO MY SONG for 52 episodes and ovas over the Delta

Delta was so fucking boring. Not even Mikumo could have carried the show.

iktfb
>Not loving idolshit

Instead of watching the 5 anime a year featuring idols

Why dont you just

I dunno

Watch the other 100s of anime??

Yeah the big problem was that there were too many characters, to the point where primary characters like Mirage had practically zero development and were kind of just there. You could have demoted Mirage to being an incidental character and practically nothing would change, which is bizarre for a key poster character who was supposed to be part of the love triangle. Having an entire faction of enemy pilots contributed to the problem, along with a five-person idol group. I feel like we got a bunch of half baked characters because all the development was spread out over so many individuals it prevented any character from being satisfyingly complete. They really just needed to demote more people to background extras or something so the character development could be focused on a few key people with some extra side plots for the secondary characters.

The dogfights also needed to be better. You have transforming robot jet planes, and yet they spend nearly all their time in fighter mode as opposed to shifting around to make full use of a staple gimmick of the series. Hayate's "dance" style highlights this: he does this in the first episode and then never really gets an opportunity to do it again. If you're going to establish a tactic like that make use of it for more than one scene, and then use it to supplement the development of Hayate as a character and a pilot.

But those aren't Macross.

>Kawamori waited until the last minute to tell Kaname's VA that Messer was kill

In that case Macross was already a shit there was nothing to ruin.

A series based on those two would have been actually good, at least romance-wise.

The only thing i liked about delta's thread is the buddy posting. Yo buddy

Just for the perfect emotional impact even for the seiyuus so their performance will be god tier.

I was looking through my phone the other day and saw the first Walkure album. I forgot it was there. It was the first OST for anything I ever downloaded. I listened to it for old times sake and I got mad because it made me remember when I loved the shit out of this show. I could remember "oh this is when that part happened"

Man, I really really liked this show in the beginning. Despite it looking like Macross went too far to the moe side, there was just so much potential to the story and I was defending it like crazy. But that second half was just so fucking shit. It was just so bad. Not even the main OTP I was supporting from episode 1 was enough to save it because the road it took to get there was terrible.

When it was airing, I was really against the idea because it would have seemed repetitive but now I think the main love triangle should have been Mikumo and Freyja and Mirage should have been the mentor. I mean, at least I think I could have believed that love triangle and not the one we got

If you watch it solely for Freyja, maybe you'll get a bit of enjoyment out of it since she's my favorite character in it too but the problem is that it becomes way way too much about her.

My favorite part of Delta threads was the slow realization of Miragefags that the show really really did not care about her at all. I'm so sorry, seriously. It was fucked up. She didn't deserve any of that but it was so goddamn funny

They should just have dropped the pretense of a love triangle. It was never really one, it barely tried.

It was as hamfisted as it gets because macross mainline needs one.
At least in frontier it was actually fun to see who would win, until Sheryl and Alto fucked.

Buddy posting was sort of a reaction to that, I think. They were trying to find relevance for the character, and claiming she would pull some solo-wing pixy shit would be one way to make her relevant again. Not that any of that panned out, or anything of note for her character at all over the course of the show. Seriously what was the point of Mirage other than ticking off the "Jenius bloodline" box? Should have been billed as/demoted to "support pilot #3" with "Jenius descendant" as her one quirk to make her notable background character.

But Macross having an obviously forced love triangle that the people behind the show blatantly hate has been a tradition since M7.

They used to give a shit about it though.

>be an indecisive whore, fucking over the one guy who actually likes you
>lose when you are the center of the triangle
She deserved it so much.

This is a joke right? Macross has always been idolshit.

I mean Mylene's treatment in the OVAs should tell you how much they cared about her character.

This, desu. You're a retard if you think otherwise.

She was punished for not choosing, which is appropiate enough, both guys simply moved on and Basara went to sing with and ignore superior Jenius sister.

It's worse than that. Basara was so turned off by her that he turned down fucking a giant hot woman purely because they were related

Macross (the original) was popular because of its balance, 1/3 each of cute girls, robots, and songs. But now they say mecha won't sell, robots won't sell, so they turn it into an idloshit anime and they're targeting only idolfags.