What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

something never explained I bet. Fucking Miura

By taking more pity on him he'll go apeshit.

The eclipse would've started regardless of Guts's actions

I thought his face uncovered by the helmet was severely mutilated and gorey to look at from his torture, yet you can see most of it right now and it looks fine

Griffith had to wish for it to happen first.

allegedly the shaded parts are where skin was removed

torturer-kun was really slacking though, should have at least cut off his nose/lips/eyelids

He'll probably never forgive Guts is the interpretation I got. From Griffith's perspective (probably), Guts belonged to Griffith, and Guts betrayed him - fought him, abandoned him when he conceivably wanted/needed him most (Griffith's pent-up homolust redirected towards the princess). Guts only returned after Griffith was a shattered and broken wreck, his dream destroyed. Then Guts "stole" Casca from Griffith, another person who conceivably "belonged" to him.

Casca's rape was, at least in part I should think, Griffith trying to prove the fact that he owned them both, in pretty much the worst way possible.

He is supposedly missing all his teeth and his tongue while most of his skin is festering. Skin care around the face is probably the least of their concern.

Someone posted a concept art of how he looks under the helmet, he's still handsome and even has hair.

"If you come closer and touch me I might actually regret the shit I'm about to pull"

I guess the pain and despair is visible in the quiver of the lips and when he involuntarily narrows his eyes. A good torturer needs to know the subtle changes to administer the most effective treatment.
The eye lids don't do anything if you are in the dark moist chamber anyway. An infection in the face region is life shortening and therefore irresponsible.

>I can only respect my equal or a greater man
>okay bye. btw i'm now better fighter than you
>Where did that come from? I hate you now.

Griffith was pretty dumb.

But so was Guts. He did leave the Hawks, but for what? I get it if he wanted to become a great leader and equal to Griffith, but he just chopped some wood and fight some weaklings in a boring tournaments.

He fucked everything up, because his ego was big as Griffith, but outside of his ego, he had no real goal or actual ambition . Corcus was right.

Saved this a long time ago.

I like this interpretation

If Guts had given him a bro-hug in time, Griffith would've been so overcome with gratitude that he wouldn't have been able to think of his friends as disposable pawns anymore, effectively killing his dreams of a better world forever.

Guts needed to travel and search for his own purpose. Staying with the hawks might not have cut it.

But it's also implied that Griffith assents to the God Hand and chooses to side with them. Like how they communicate with him in his dungeon and he seems to consciously choose to fuck all his "companions" over in the eclipse. From that perspective, he's merely showing a resistance to Guts because he has feelings for him and is scared that this will get in the way of his ambition. That seems a lot more likely.

Plus Griffith basically always was a monster, really. He has always been very sinister perfectionist and egotist, as Rickert outright states in a more recent chapter.

No, Femto is the same griffith, just he's been Mindbroken from being raped by Casca during the eclipse.

What if Griffith didn't want Guts to take control over him too?

How can such a monster be so cute?

>check my folder for this one
>realize I don't even have this page
what the fuck
anyways
>I'll never again forgive
is on the next page so
is wrong.

The reasoning might be that he'll never forgive guts for leaving him like that if Guts came back like he did and not as his rival. Basically angry at Guts for betraying a promise to never be part of the band of the hawk again. This coupled with the fact that he wants to be able to stand on his own and not depend on anyone, especially Guts.

Looks good.

>if you touch me now...
>if you put your hand on my shoulder now...
> I'll... I'll never...
>forgive you!
Reminder that Griffith hates Guts because he can't stand the power that Guts wields over his psyche (being the only person who caused Griffith to forget about his dream), and he blames Guts for everything bad that happened to him. Griffith ran away to the lake in the first place to be free of Guts' presence so he could kill himself in peace, but noooooo here comes fucking Guts, AGAIN, ruining his plans.

the eye area looks paper thin.

>He did leave the Hawks, but for what?

He wanted to find something more personal, something that'll matter to him, a dream of his own.

He's good at fighting so he can do that until he finishes traveling the world and finally settles down when he finally find the place he belongs, hell it's not like Griffith really needed him too much at that point.

All the wars have been won, they were all nobility and they were all getting their dicks wet in noble sluts. All Griffith had to do was wait out the King's death and then jump on the Princesses bones. Hell he's a cunning man, he could've used he pedo lust over his own daughter against him, but he just had to grief fuck something.

>I'll never forgive you

WRONG. Pic related is the official translation by Dark Horse.

>never again with you be friends

Forget that, what did this mean?

CAN MAKE ALL THIS WORLD SEEM RIGHT~

wash this shoulder again

He'd have not been able to go through with it. To become the monster that he became.
They'd be on their way to join another empire to take down midland then onto the fairy village where they cure him and leave him there to be happy and next in line to be king of the fae.

If only guts were a few steps faster.

Griffith felt like a piece of shit because he became a mute, broken man that had to be pitifully taken care of by a woman that loved him but that he himself never even cared for much.

Its a combination of his own ego and his own sense of morality, though that was probably the lesser of the two pains to him. His ego wouldn't allow himself to be reduced to such a state and his morality wouldn't let him break up his two friends.

He was going through cycles of hating and loving them throughout the arc, if you noticed. Watching Casca have to tell Guts she was needed by Griffith was the final straw, he couldn't take it anymore.

Its by far the best bit of characterization in the manga and an amazing lead up to an iconic scene.

Sort of. But it had nothing to do with that at the time, he had no way of knowing then that he could sacrifice his beloved band and get a redo. At that moment it was just about settling for less.

>He'd have not been able to go through with it.
This is essentially it.

Okay, here's the deal: Griffith was panicking here because he was afraid to resign himself to his fate; of never getting any further than he had and just going on with his shitty new life. Would he rather die in the ruins of his ambition or live on as an empty husk? Griffith was on the fence about that, and he was terrified because if Guts came and comforted him at that moment, he knew he'd give in and choose to live on in that state, and become one of those people that just stumbles through their existence with no great aim or ambition. Because Guts, above all, is the one that made him forget his dream before. And now Guts is about to finish the job and make Griffith forget his broken dreams FOREVER. Because that's who Guts had become to him. Guts represented his losing sight of the dream.

I feel like most people that post about Berserk never really process anything that happens in the manga. They just sleepwalk through it.

Yes. They'd been building up to that moment for a really long while. It was supposed to remind the reader of a lot of scenes that illustrate the difference between what Griffith said and how he really felt, and show how in his darkest hour he was extremely conflicted. But here Guts comes again to solve everything. But Griffith didn't want that. It's like Guts had taken over a part of his personality and Griffith wanted to be independent again.

Most of us read it 30 years ago when we were even littler girls.

I mean there are a bunch of important scenes leading up to that moment to put it into context. Someone would have to be paying almost no attention or not thinking AT ALL about what this means for the character in question to get to that scene and have no idea why Griffith is freaking out.

Right.

I think what he would say after "I'll never..." is sort of irrelevant. There are a multitude of things he could say to end that statement and they would all be true. The expression is ultimately intended for the reader to see Griffith can no longer accept his situation and thus choose to be Femto, essentially an abdication of his own self.

Now that Griffith has his castle and his basically king of the world, what's his end goal?

Haven't you been paying attention?

He'll keep going. He'll keep rising to greater and greater heights, because that is his nature. The castle was never the end. The castle represented 'aspiration' itself. Griffith must always reach higher. What lies beyond Falconia? The world. The other four angels of Godhand. Maybe even God itself. Even after rising above them all, Griffith still be seeking *something.*

Except when it comes to Guts. Guts was the only thing that made him feel satisfied, and Griffith both loved and resented the FUCK out of that.

>0:22
christ, it just comes to a hard stop

well what is it? Not the user but I'm stumped too. Guts said that he'll reach further heights but what are they?

Simply put, he's not done yet. His goal is to conquer every corner of the world, Falconia was merely the start, but it's a big step. But the real question is, WHOSE ambition is it, Griffith, or FEMTO?

If he would be touched, he wouldn't go for his dream.

There is only the manga. There is nothing else.

Right now he's only the equal to the likes of Slann, Conrad, Void and Ubiq, His next goal might be to conquer each of them and become the undisputed master of the Godhand. After all, with the barrier between planes gone, they all exist in the 'real' world now. Why should Griffith abide by having equals?

Beyond that, the Godhand clearly serve some sovereign force. It might be more of an abstract concept of desire, but what if it isn't?

Or perhaps Femto might endeavor to cheat fate. To get what he sacrificed back. That would go against everything that becoming a demon represents. The story has gone to great lengths to suggest he doesn't care about anything or anyone any more. He might try to deny that, deny even Femto, and become Griffith once more and take back what he gave up to get here. Have his cake and eat it to, so to speak.

There are plenty of possibilities. But I'm sure he won't be content to rest on his laurels.

Going for his dream wasn't an option anymore. This was before the Godhand gave him a way out.

He had resigned himself to his situation, the question was how he'd go on from there. He could either give up and find peace and solace in Guts, the one that makes him forget, or he could remain bitterly unsatisfied forever, or just commit suicide rather than be an empty shell.

>His next goal might be to conquer each of them and become the undisputed master of the Godhand
Void is much more powerful than him.

I'd fuck Slan all day and night, by the way.

Because Guts means bad luck.
Its like griffith is squidward and guts spongebob

Who wouldn't?

>Void is much more powerful than him.
??
What did I miss?

supposedly he would look like this

>Void is much more powerful than him.
We do not yet know what the limits of each member of the Godhand are. Void seems like the most powerful, but for all we know it could be Conrad or Ubik. The Godhand's full might has never been explicitly stated nor demonstrated that I recall.

But even if that were definitely true, and Void is decisively superior to Femto, that would only make Griffith aspire to overcome Godhand Void all the more. Even if Femto were by far the weakest of the five, if there's anything left of Griffith he won't be satisfied until he's surpassed all of them. That's my guess.

I always just assumed his face was way worse than it actually looked in the parts we could make out inside of the helmet.

>Being raped by casca
>Raped by

Real question, if Guts offered his ass to Griffith, would Griffith personally accept it?

Well, for me It's easy to assume that Void is the most powerful based on the manga and Skullknight.

oh yeah totally that guy is thirsty af for that butt

I assume he's the most powerful not based on that, but because he appears to be the Master of Ceremonies at the birth of each new apostle. It is always Void who conjures forth the Invocation of Doom, he does most of the talking, and his presence commands an authority that seems to surpass the others. Void is a pretty scary dude.

On the other hand, the others definitely don't seem to serve Void. They feel more like they are Void's coworkers rather than his subordinates.

the blood effect is so awful

What wouldve it been like if Griffith just understood the reasoning for Guts departure?

Nope. Guts already offered, Griffith wan't interested. He shipped him with Casca.

>implying she wouldn't be the one fucking you
those tentacles aren't just for show

Griffith would have tried to figure out some way to manipulate Guts into staying. If he'd succeeded, he may well have become King of Midland, and from that point he may have sought to expand Midland's influence over other lands. That would be my guess.

One thing I'm certain of: Griffith would NEVER have been satisfied with letting Guts go. He's too much of a hyper-possessive control freak narcissist to have given Guts the room he needed to grow. But he probably would have figured out a way to appeal to Guts besides a fight. But it would have been for the exact same reason that he fought him.

>>I can only respect my equal or a greater man
That was the exact same moment where Griffith fucked it up. It all was Griffith's fault.

Only guts made him forget about his dream.

why did they never remove Griffith's helmet? Even if it was sealed on, they have the tools to fix it up. Maybe without it he would have felt comfortable enough and sleep through the entire conversation Casca had with Guts.

He's also much more involved in the plot than the other Godhand members, as he's obviously the priest who sacrificed Skull knight's empire.

I think it's pretty obvious that he's the most powerful, Ubik and Conrad are probably small shrimps and Slan is the token slutty succubus. Void has the most badass design and representation overall.

On another unrelated note, i just saw Hellraiser again after so many years and holy shit Miura sure loved that movie didn't he?

Why can't Griffith just calm down?

autism

Void seems to be the oldest member too.

I wonder what the God Hand was like when he was indoctrinated?

Skullnight hates the Godhand but specially Void. And yeah, Miura has clearly shown us that Void is the most important member of the Godhand.

They didn't want the other members of the band to see the current state of Griffith. If I remmember correctly, not even Casca saw it without his helmet.

That's right. Griffith couldn't live up to that big talk. Everybody thought he was up on some pedestal, including himself, and nobody saw what happened coming. Casca had a vague notion of it, but no one else did, especially Guts and Griffith.

In the end, Griffith didn't know himself well enough, and fell under the weight of his own legend.

Casca was definitely the closest one to really understanding Griffith as a person. Much moreso than Guts or Griffith himself.

>Casca: I will now angrily explain the plot of future volumes!!

How does Japanese copyright work? They had to change Osomatsu-san's first episode because of the anime parodies, but Miura can ripoff the Clicker and the fat Cenobite from Hellraiser?

>Skullnight hates the Godhand but specially Void
Skull Knight having a beef with Void doesn't automatically mean that Void is the most powerful among the Godhand, although I agree it seems implied that he might be. And it definitely doesn't seem like he can just boss the others around, or even wants to.

God.

Casca's memories returning won't give Guts the happy end he wants. But at least she won't be some retard he has to protect all the time.

I hope the realization she no longer loves him doesn't break him.

Judeau and Guts opened the helmet, it was really really bad so they put it back on. I'm not sure if Casca saw his face or not. I don't think she or Pippin did.

Guts is still pretty important to Casca deep down if her subconscious is any indication.

But he's still a MAD DOG!!

The Behelit is also very similar to the cube used to summon the cenobites. A relic that is destined to be used by someone dictated by fate, able to open the doors to a realm of pure mindfuck and call forth the four angels.

How would they to handle Ganishka?
Assuming Griffith actually managed to become King without using the behelit, and Guts didn't go his own way to train in the mountains, neither would be able to handle an apostle of that level.

Speaking of Void, how would someone even be able to harm him? Any attack would just be thrown back at you

Use two swords and dodge the first reflect.
I assume Skullys sword should be able to cut through that shit but Griffith somehow made it miss.

Pretty sure no ones going to be killing god hand in their realm. Skull knight is just trying to keep them out of the physical world.

When they take on physical manifestations like Griffith and slut did they become much more vulnerable.

>How would they to handle Ganishka?
Knowing Griffith? With pro strats. Midland was getting its ass handed to it HARD by Chuder before Griffith came along. That wasn't supposed to be a war they could win, but Griffith was just that good.It could have been a similar situation.

Then again, Ganishka was a really powerful apostle with a super mega demon army with wizards and shit, so maybe The Band of the Hawk would finally get curb stomped. I dunno. They did sorta beat Wyald even with severely diminished numbers but its hard to imagine doing anything against Ganishka without magic.

I feel like with Griffith uniting all the neighboring lands (like Federico Vandimion did) it might have actually been doable. But it wouldn't have been the one sided curb stomp it was against Femto.

I imagine Void could open more than one void if you had another weapon to try and stab him with. Maybe if you caught him off guard and he didn't see your second weapon you could hurt him, but even then we don't know what his other abilities are in combat

So he still had teeth.

Or Miura forgot

I feel like we're focusing on the tiny bit we've seen Void do and somehow ignoring the fact that we don't know what he's fully capable of. This is a question that we have absolutely no way of answering until we actually see Void fight and at least struggle. The full range of his powers are completely unknown. There's more to the Godhand than many seem to think.

Shit like that is why I think Griffith looked a LOT WORSE than it would seem to us, the reader, looking at his face through the gaps of his helmet. It seems like it was done that way (his face is just shadowed and doesn't look all that bad from what we can see) for the reader's benefit, so the character would still be recognizable, and also easier to draw. But it feels heavily implied that his face was way, way, waaay worse than we're lead to believe looking at him.

Conquer Gut's boipussy

>try to stick him
>he opens a portal where that leads my own sword to my head
>grab another sword and stick it right into the newly opened portal

This is how void dies.

>Maybe if you caught him off guard and he didn't see your second weapon you could hurt him

Plot twist, Isidro kills him.

I think that's his gums.

They serve the idea of evil, it's still canon.
Guts, apparently

He just opens another portal in the portal.

The sword would still come your way but from void's side

femto is just Griffith without any emotions such as guilt or shame.

Reminder that Void's entire Godhand existence is one giant fedora tip to Skull Knight, considering he was likely a tortured sage in Gaeseric's kingdom.

>you can torture and mutilate me all you want
>you will never be as enlightened as I am
>tfw too smart for reality
>I wish I was at home polishing my behelit