Chief Wahoo is gone. The Cleveland Baseball mascot didn’t live long enough to see a hundred...

Chief Wahoo is gone. The Cleveland Baseball mascot didn’t live long enough to see a hundred. (((Indians))) are celebrating the decision to remove the racist moniker on Social Media and the Mainstream Media alike. Up next the Washington Redskins

I wish they would get rid of the sport altogether tbqh

Baseball is the only sport that even decent anymore
Delete this post

Bullshit.
Hockey is the only sport the white man has left.

Maybe nascar if you're into that sort of thing.

Auto sports are good too, but NASCAR is for toothless rural retards
Ice skating is gay af

I'm sure all of our native American brothers and sisters will be able to sleep more easily tonight knowing that the scourge of chief wahoo has been vanquished.

What is the mascot now? A pepsi can? A smiling pharmaceutical capsule?

My school at one time had the nickname "Marauders" which was changed because some local Arabs were offended because it meant the same historically as "Crusaders"

They need to address the much larger issue of the Cleveland Indians being the most JUST franchise in baseball.

Does this mean my Indians sweater will gain value?

Fuck you hockey (only queers say ice skating) is the best sport today hands down. There are only like a hand full of niggers in the league. 98% white

Baseball is one of the few major sports that actually emphasizes skill and technique rather than just raw, reckless nigger strength.

There is no one with more Indian blood than Liz Warren protesting the Redskins.

t. Navajo

because lets not be inclusive of everyone?

So what's new mascot?

Baseball, NASCAR, and Hockey are all awesome sports, fuck that football and basketball shit.

Absolutely terrible that Wahoo is gone; the Indians fans should have at least been able to vote on whether to keep him or not. unfortunately, our society just loves to cater to the loud vocal minority.

Wahoo is racist AF, I can't describe it any other way.

welp guess I'm not going to any more indians games
>tfw my pro sports teams are down to the blue jackets

Yes but give it a few decades

As a sports fan, one of the things that scares me about this is that they'll start targeting other, potentially "offensive" mascots, take the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, which is arguably more offensive than Chief Wahoo, as the Fighting Irish leprechaun conjures up images of Irish rebellion, and, in turn, Irish "terrorism." When are people going to realize that, although these mascots can be interpreted as "cultural appropriation" and potentially "mocking" the heritage, that it's nothing more than a celebration of said culture? Why not just embrace what you are? I'm half Irish, half Welsh, and I embrace the St. Mary Gaels, Iona Gaels, Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and Boston Celtics. What's the problem?

can someone explain whats offensive here?

>Wahoo is racist AF
Why, what's so offensive about it?

Is this logo offensive?

>green
>gold
>ready to fight
Absolutely not. I don't know about you, but seeing this logo makes me ready to overthrow Proddy oppressors.

No it’s very accurate and should be kept as a warning against potato niggers

Here's your (((You))). Remember that there's one Western culture standing against Israel.

How long until they go for the Blackhawks? You can't change the original six....

Yes it's antieiretic.

Libs have their panties in a wad because we named our team the indians and used an indian as a mascot. All to honor the first indian in the MLB.

Yeah Micks don’t do anything of value except produce beautiful red haired women. Get back to your whiskey and Guinness and leave the rest to the adults.

Lol. I live near a lot of natives out in New Mexico, and not one gives a shit about this. They have the rampant poverty and drug abuse to deal with first. Liberals are such a fucking joke.

how is it 'racist'?

It's cause of how red the mascot is. I think back in the day the aboriginals were called red's as a derogatory insult

>don’t do anything of value except
Yet Gaelic homeland continually has a large percentage (in some circumstances, a majority) of their population continuing their native tongue. And, whether or not some gaels want to admit it, the meme that white people can't fight is immediately discarded when you realize that modern rebellion, which is still practiced to this day, originated in Ireland.

But these points are irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that the outrage over "controversial" mascots are being driven by people who are either a minority of their own ethnic group, or not even from the ethnic group that should be offended. An example I'd use to demonstrate this would be Chief Illiniwek from Illinois, when the charge against the mascot was by an Asian-American.

>Get back to your whiskey and Guinness
Thanks, I will. Cheers, faggot.

Dial back the color, put a dot on the forehead, and a turban on him. They will become the most recognized brand in the world.

how dare they

they literaly have red skin. also its a logo ffs, the best in the league imo. this is just sad

Here’s their new mascot

>Spicball
>Decent
Pick one.
Hockey is the white mans sport.

The Irish made that for their own college. No Indian made Wahoo for themselves.

Notre Dame is French Catholic, not Irish Catholic.

Kys

Also, when the football team adopted the moniker, the "Fighting Irish" during the 20s, most of the team was Eastern European. They were told to go out there and fight like the Irish.

Stop watching spectator sports. It's just the modern colosseum where people go to lose themselves in something instead of paying attention to what's going on. You like sports? Play them. Stop living vicariously. Live directly. Stop paying money to watch someone perform physical things you wish you could do yourself. Read that line again. Are you now realizing just how pathetic that is? To pay lots of money to someone to live vicariously through their employees? Well, now you do.

'm going to buy some Injuns gear before its all gone

It turns that proud chief into a cartoon goofball.