Pluto Anime Confirmed at Annecy

Animated by MAPPA, in 8 long episodes, one for each book.
Maruyama will be producing, Urasawa wil be overseeing the pilot episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

japanator.com/masao-maruyama-wants-to-make-pluto-anime-doesn-t-have-the-cash-32480.phtml
twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/874970789942087680
akiba-souken.com/article/27618/?page=1
twitter.com/makitaro1997/status/875001438719660032
animationbusiness.info/archives/3112
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Could be interesting.

HOLY SHIT ANIME KINO RIGHT HERE

Master Keaton best Urusawa work

The episodes would have to be at least 60-90 minutes long for it to be paced properly.

The manga was fucking trash though.

Oh nice, time to rape another 10/10 manga with a shitty anime adaptation

Time to continue reading this manga.

He wasn't the writer.

Pretty sure long episodes mean one hour long ones as they discussed before in an interview.

Normally it means 45 minutes, as in double-length episodes.

Could be "hour" as in 45 minutes + ads.

Not for Maruyama:
japanator.com/masao-maruyama-wants-to-make-pluto-anime-doesn-t-have-the-cash-32480.phtml

Oh so it's finally confirmed?

Based MAPPA.

Hopefully it's more than just a boring panel-for-panel adaptation.

They'll at least have to shrink the noses a bit.

Fucking nice. I'm not a huge fan of Urasawa but I loved Pluto.

I'm not just talking about the designs. They shouldn't be afraid to change up things like pacing and presentation if it suits the anime format better.

Considering Urasawa will be supervising the anime just like he did for monster, I don't have much hope.

>Maruyama will be producing

Didn't he leave and start a new studio?

How would they release the 8 episodes? Weekly? I hope it's not like the garbage Digimon Tri movie series.

Get out, pleb

Anime is saved

Anime will be in 2020 twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/874970789942087680

He stepped down as president, but he has the position of chairman (会長) at MAPPA now.

M2 a pre-production studio
akiba-souken.com/article/27618/?page=1
>それで、スタジオM2という、プリ・プロダクションのみの企画会社をつくりました。企画会社のつもりだったんですけど、他にもいろいろやらなきゃいけなくなってしまって。そうなってしまうのは、この業界の常なんです。

It was never meant to animate anything. Picking up Onihei was probably just a last resource to keep the project from dying outright (hence it being entirely subcontracted) but his plan was always to just do the planning part and then pass it on to a real studio.

twitter.com/makitaro1997/status/875001438719660032

Official confirmation by the Genco producer.
Also says the poster is provisory.

So? There's no way he wouldn't have some say or input on plot,pacing,etc. It's still one of his works even if he isn't the writer.

Only bakas think like this. The manga is still great even if the adaptation doesn't turn out well.

Sticky when?

Oh man. This is great. I remember the first time reading Pluto in one day because I couldn't put it down. I hope they do it justice.

Fucking never

Not MAPPA, but Studio M2 (Onihei)
animationbusiness.info/archives/3112

It was only supposed to be a pre-production studio, but it didn't work out in the end. That's why they had to produce Onihei, and are doing Pluto in the near future.

I'm so fucking EXCITED. 3 more years until we get anime of the decade.

Mods are fucking stupid.

MAPPA

FINDS

A

WAY (AGAIN)

Trips confirmed.

Why do you want a sticky?

Sup Forums has moderation for half the day. We are currently experiencing the other half. Wait until the mods are done sorting their boxers by their dirtiness.

To basically ruin the thread and have hundreds of inane post all variations of "I'm posting in a sticky!"

Nice. I don't even remember the ending but still, nice.

Because Pluto deserves it. Unlike a lot of the garbage that gets stickied.

Isn't it getting adapted by M2?

I think it'll be a co-production, especially since M2 literally can not produce anime on its own. Onihei was entirely outsourced.

ITT: Overrated shit

>MAPPA
Nice.

WTF I love MAPPA now.

Go back to Sup Forumseddit with your shitty maymays.