Popular than MC

despite having less screen time in the anime, how did he become more popular than MC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ljdSLWXlRyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he have a loli

He was cool as fuck.
But seriously, most of his popularity came from the female readers.

Fujos

He was a fuccboi? It's that simple.

I guess his design? As a rival type character he wasn't very interesting. They tried to act like he was on a parallel journey but I don't remember him doing much of interest.

>I don't remember him doing much of interest.
He killed Naraku, for one thing.

his goal was to kick his dad's ass.

he was depicted as the most powerful among the powerful.

Seijuro Hiko

Who else was sad when this qt died? I thought she'd join his crew.

Anti-heros/rivals are fun to watch when you can see them slowly converting to allies and being unable to control thier softer side. Inuyasha on the other hand really didn't change much as a character after he got the Tetsuiga.

His english voice actor made him stamd out too. Grizzled Canadian radio voice/movie trailer guy voicing a flamboyantly dressed demon god. Made for a fun character.

i'm hetero man and absolutely love him :3

She wasn't cute enough for his crew.

He actually had character development, unlike the MC.

he was fucking billion times cooler than that Red Monkey.

Kouga > Inuyasha

Quite. Not that that's hard.

You can say that about almost every character. Both Inuyasha and Kagome are boring, generic shonen stereotype MC's. It was only the side characters that made Inuyasha worth watching/reading.

Her final scene with Sesshy was one of the best in the show. Too bad for her that she never had a chance. Sesshomaru belonged to the loli. He probably got repeatedly raped by Rin as soon as she grew up.

this user knows

>edgy
>bishounen
>cooler than mc (both in style and temperament)
Just like Sasuke was more popular than Naruto, add to that the fact that the fanbase had a big female following and make this question: who would a woman prefer to get fucked by, Inuyasha or Seshoumaru? And you get your answer.

He was actually competent and "cool" and the majority of the fanbase happened to be kids and women so.
I mean I still love him. The whole tenseiga-tessaiga-bakusaiga thing towards the end made him more awesome.

I WANT TO CHAAAANGE THE WORLD

I lost interest in this show when naraku escaped for the billionth time it was like megatron or aku but at least they were enjoyable, I had a slight interest when inuyasha first love came back but she was barely alive. and how does that even work? if kagome is supposed be the reincarnation of her?

Inuyasha and Kagome were both flat, uninspired characters who never had any meaningful character development and constantly went out of their way to be unlikable.

Also, Sesshomaru wasn't literally named "dog bitch".

he had a loli AND a shota

living the dream

Captain Okita

Kikyo>Kagome

Kagome wearing Inuyashas top as a dress was hot as fuck.

Jaken>Everyone else

Inuyasha would be dead about 10 times over without his big brother bailing him out. Of course, he was just "passing through". Also good luck killing Naraku or even his last minion without Sesshomaru.

Because despite trying his hardest to be edgelord incarnate, at the end of the day Sesshomaru was just a lonely kuudere.

We can agree that this is the best isekai, right?

No, thankfully I'm not completely retarded yet.

Inuyasha > Sesshomaru

Dogs should be brash.

did he undergo any character development?

I remember when his name was Fluffy

Where did all the magical beings go to in the modern era? Did the nukes scare them off for good?

The mom was pretty cool too.

I assumed they went extinct due to the low birth rate and high amount of death (wars among them, demon hunters, etc).
Maybe some survived, but they probably camouflaged among humans to avoid issues.

There is zero need to even post this, it's completely self-evident. No one on earth would disagree.

You just showed that you are

He was shitty as a villain (Naraku was worse though), but when he became an anti-hero he was based as fuck.

>literally the strongest demon in the story
>has a cute loli that worships him
>daddy won't let him have tessaiga so he just asspulls himself an even more powerful sword
>basically kills the main villain

The better question is is there ever an instance where the aloof and edgy "rival" character is not more popular than the cliche shonen protagonist?

It's mostly horny fangirls preferring the bad boy or edgy teenage boys wanting to be the bad guy.

The witch who brought Kikyo back had originally taken the soul from Kagome's body. Most of the soul returned to Kagome but Kikyo had enough soul left to escape and then she started sustaining herself by stealing the souls of other dead young women with those things that fly around her. Also her body is just made of clay and bones apparently.

Accelerator

Everyone kept saying how Kagome looks like Kikyo but I never saw it. Kikyo actually looks beautiful whereas Kagome looked like a generic background character.

Accelerator is really popular though, enough to have his story with the clones retold like 3 times already.

In the anime its hard to tell because of how her design was adapted and also the different styles each animation director had, Kagome being the most hit by the variety of styles, but manga Kagome is beautiful in a childish way, in contrast with Kikyo, who is more of a mature beauty.

":3"

Faggot and spic.

When she wears the Miko outfit she looks more like Kikyo.

Inuyasha is kind of bland so it isn't surprising for sesshomaru to be more popular than him.

When with the miko outfit, Kikyo is still 2 or 3 tiers abouve her.

>1000>99

I forgot how disgusting that thing was.

>Kagome abandoned her family and stayed in the past forever
I always thought that was messed up. Hope she enjoys the lack of modern comforts.

Every month she will.

dog dicking

I never liked her school uniform in the anime. It's cuter in the manga because everyone in general is drawn in a cuter style. Kagome looked too mature and the outfit was too skimpy for a 15 year old.

I liked it for all the midriff service we got.

This.

Hell, by the eighth time they failed at killing Naraku he was the only one who still had an ongoing character arc up until the very end.

Because Inuyasha was a fucking idiot not to mention his friends

He looked great in comparison

>demon god

You may want to reread the synopsis before posting again.

Same dude. No wonder every time kikyo came around inuyasha dumped kagome like a sack of rocks.

>Sesshy

Back to fanfiction.net with you.

I once read a fanfic where inuyasha had a daughter and "sesshy" raped her, then she fell in love with him and they lived happily ever after.

Inuyasha was a fucking dork. He had his moments and became more likable towards the end, but 90% he was just a thick headed hired goon.

Having a pet loli sure did help

For anyone whose seen Devil Hunter Yoko, you might know what I'm talking about, there was an episode where Yoko was talking about her ancestors and one of the girls who appears on screen looks shockingly like Sango. I like to think that two series take place in the same universe and Yoko is the descendant of Sango and Miroku.

>but Sango didn't get to transform into a sexy China dress, durr

My headcanon is that the ring which allows Yoko to transform is an heirloom of the demon hunters village thats handed down to the chieftains first daughter. Obviously the village was destroyed and the ring presumed lost but by happenstance Sango finds it and hands it down to her children and so on.

So thats my personal fanfiction that I'll never write because I'm not a good writer.

Pretty much this

literally anyone in naruto

Raoh

The fact that there's no spin off about Sesshoumarou shows the difference in ethics from the author/publisher.

I do remember playing the PS2 game that had a Sesshoumarou "romantic" route. Much like the anime, you only saw him two or three times in cut scenes. And the ending was your character looking at the sky and remembering him.

She's going to use modern knowledge to invent a lot of shit and permanently ruin the timeline, preventing her own birth and causing a time paradox that will be the jumping off point for the soft reboot Inuyasha 2: Sengoku Boogaloo

Friendly reminder that Kikyo popped Inuyasha's cherry

Kagome is fucking shit.

Fuck. I remember blowing so many loads to that episode. I even recorded so I could watch it whenever, over and over again.

It's her hair that's the problem. Kagome has that puffy '80's hair that was medium length. Kikyo had super long straight hair. Also Kikyo had tsurime eyes and Kagome had tareme.

Also she's human living without modern medicine. She will probably die in her 30's. Inuyasha probably has a longer life span too.

>split souls
>take it back
>its ok there was a little left
I swear
but did inuyasha and her resolve thier fight from when she arrowed him? thats all I actually care about.

> preventing her own birth
she was already born and she's the reincarnation. so unless she's knows exactly where the family tree begins after the miko(her ansector) theres no worry there.

but the family will prob ably think she either ran away, got kidnapped or killed. and what kind of message is that sending? leave everything behind for your man, why couldnt inuyasha come to the present?

They learned the truth about that day and how Naraku pitted them against each other.

Their feelings hadn't changed, both InuYasha and Kikyo still loved eachother but Kikyo distanced herself from InuYasha and Kagome to find Naraku on her own. There was early tension between the two of them about when she sealed him, but once she learned the truth things calmed between them.

The only reason Kagome was able to get together with InuYasha was because Kikyo eventually did die for good. Because of that InuYasha was finally able to move on from her and commit himself to Kagome properly without hesitating due to his feelings for Kikyo.

OH FLAME BURNING BRIGHT

I only glanced over a summary of the last few manga chapters but I think she finished high school and then let them know she was gonna peace out to the past.

I'm pretty sure there was an official drama CD where Sesshoumaru finally proposes to his loli a little while back.

Do you know which one it is? I need to listen to this.

Was she still a loli at the time or did he wait for her to grow up?

youtube.com/watch?v=ljdSLWXlRyI

Can't find the whole thing, but Sesshomaru goes to his dad's grave to "ask" for advice on how he asked Inuyasha's mom to be with him since she's a human and he ends up whispering something in Rin's ear that only she can understand for some reason as he says it very quickly. Kagome recorded it somehow and they play it really slow to hear what he says to her. He pretty much tells her to take her time with discovering her finding her feelings for him as he doesn't want to rush her etc. so it's like a proposal as Kagome thinks. I think Rin is around 16 or so here?

Also the premise is basically since Rin is older now it's "time" for her to make her decision to stay in the village living as a human or leave and be with Sesshomaru.

Thank you, I'm glad this exists.

Age gap couples are the sweetest.

Biggest plothole is Kagome's family not jumping into the past as well.

Come one, a young middle school boy not jumping at the chance to travel back in time into the past and meet famous Japanese historical figures?

And how about Kagome's mother? She has nobody else to live for besides her own son after Kagome jumps back into the past.

Might as well go back in time with her daughter while taking her son as well.

After all, there is nothing keeping her in modern Japan should Kagome leave her. She won't get to see Kagome's children aka her grandchildren.

Living out her remaining years in modern Japan without her daughter seems so miserable.

Kagome's brother would also jump at the chance to be an Isekai Protagonist by going back in time with his sister as well.

>Kagome's children aka her grandchildren.
What if they don't have any children?

What if her children are also her ancestors?

This is retarded and wouldn't work in the universe lore anyway, Kagome having the slightest faints of youkai blood would mean she had youki or how was it named, thus she couldn't have miko powers. Beside the fact that there are no hints of this being the case.

His fucking masochistic moans were godly.

This is great

They didn't have anyone to ship him with tho?

This was a bullshit ending.

Miroku should have dipped the moment he knocked her up.

Miroku has always wanted to have a lot of kids.

the reality of child rearing is terrifying though.