Mazinger Z anime movie trailer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEv1o6lJq6Q

Holy shit this was hype as fuck. I think Toei can pull this off.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/874991674178621441
m.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6dIwl2c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=DfSuy7ZmYtI
youtube.com/watch?v=MX8NtOiXTXg
m.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2esIcRhNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=i4jHEGYfFpk
imgur.com/gallery/JGBLe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Up

>pic
Is that mecha shibari?

What's with all of those lines on Mazinger? Why do that? It looks awful.

They wanted to modernise Mazinger. I agree they look terrible. But other than that, I really enjoyed the rest of it.

>cgi
>vlc
>no cel
>no two tone shading

no thanks

>vlc

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT HOLD THE FUCK UP!
>that design
>that blonde girl
>that one-eye visor thing
IS...IS THIS A SHIN MAZINGER ZERO PREQUEL?!?!
OP! I HAVE MY PENIS IN MY HAND RIGHT FUCKING NOW! TELL ME I'M RIGHT!

No, it's a new thing all together. Already has a tie-in manga for the events that happen after the events of the movie.

Damn, I love that pic. Any chance of Mazinger loosing control and destroying Tokyo like in the manga?

Two tie in manga, not just one.

Are you absolutely sure? I don't wanna get blueballed, I've been waiting too long, god damn it!

It apparently takes place 10 years after the original Mazinger Z anime. I don't know if that includes Great Mazinger and Grendizer.

There's a thread on /m/ for it.

twitter.com/Eldur_380/status/874991674178621441

Welp. Looks like I'll have to deal with the pain of no Shin Mazinger ZERO adaptation/related work.

Ah well, at least it looks promising. Lookin' forward to it.

Maybe in the future. Zero appeared in super robot wars v last time. Who knows?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7L6dIwl2c0U

Why do we need this?

We already got Shin by based Imagawa, they can't top that. They should put their effort into making something else instead of another rehash.

I love Shin but it didn't do well enough in Japan for Imagawa to continue the universe he built up.

>CGshit
Nah, Toei can eat a bag of dicks.

Yeah they should make Robot Girls Z s3 already

Toei CG is pretty good by anime standards though. Plus, only the mecha are 3D.

That's because Mazinger is a product of its time, it won't work in today's nip market and trying to update it will only ruin its appeal.
It's like what they've tried to with the Cyborg 009 remake movie.

The Shin Mazinger ZERO manga did well though.

Is this Robot Girls Z spinoff?

The character designs look bland as hell.

And the Cyborg 009 movie was just directionless. 009 was well received in the 60s, late 70s and early 00s. It's not the fault of the source material.

Well, at least the character designs look great.

>not enjoying milf sayaka

>Only the mechs are CG in the mech movie
>The garbage is good by garbage standards
No, they eat a bag of dicks.

This. I trust in what they're planning to do. obviously the CGI mixed in with 2D seems pretty iffy and stiff but they're doing some insane mathematical shit to perfect it. Imagine seeing sakuga animation permanently.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfSuy7ZmYtI
youtube.com/watch?v=MX8NtOiXTXg

The pseudo philosophy worked better in GiTS but Kamiyama couldn't help himself I guess.
Also it's not a question of being well received, it's a matter of sales. From what I remember Shin mazinger sold pretty badly, so did the 009 movie.

If the old fans aren't here to support the property anymore, it makes sense to target another demographic and we all know who's buying the BDs and what kind of anime they like to buy.

The sales weren't terrible. Shin sold more than a thousand copies per bd box, 9 episodes. That's way better than series that only sell a few hundreds.

Also I was talking s out shin Mazinger zero, the manga which did well overall. It even appeared in. Super Robot Wars V.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eE2esIcRhNQ

Also Mazin Emperor G. I'd like to see an ova made out of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=i4jHEGYfFpk

>CGshit
>Sakuga
U wot m8?

Read the entire thing again, retard. I'm saying it does look like shit now but it's in early stages. what they're attempting to do is perfect the 2D and 3D together. maybe I'm going out of tangent saying it'll be permanently sakuga, but I feel in the near future it'll just get better and better and your eyes won't tell the difference.

I wouldn't call these sales good though:

○真マジンガー 衝撃!Z編
DVD版 【全9巻】
巻数 初動 発売日
01巻 1,835 09.08.25
02巻 1,035 09.09.25
03巻 1,177 09.10.27
04巻 *,*** 09.11.25
05巻 *,*** 09.12.22
06巻 *,*** 10.01.27
07巻 *,*** 10.02.23
08巻 *,*** 10.03.26
09巻 *,*** 10.04.23

Old series seem to find more success as a manga, we now have Ultraman, Mazinger and the new Getter all doing well.

Speaking of which, how's the new Ultraman manga? I found it on VIZ the other day, and was wondering if it actually had a reader base.

God those CGI, this is like rebuilt all over again, and rebuilt isn't even over yet.

I've never been into Ultraman so can't tell you much about it. I was more interested in the Kuuga manga.
But judging from interviews the Ultraman manga is fairly popular I think.

It might get the Mazinkaiser treatment. After all, Mazinkaiser started as a SRW upgrade for Mazinger and got made into an OVA.

>Kuuga manga

You serious?

>unca guugl
Holy shit there's a Kuuga manga! Why did I not know about this?

>no scanlation
>no english publisher
I'm a saaaaaad panda

It's edgy and homoerotic just as you would expect from Inoue.

It's published in the same magazine as the Ultraman manga but doesn't seem to have caught on, even though Kuuga is pretty damn popular.

imgur.com/gallery/JGBLe

>Dynamic pro rapes again its own geriatric ips
I can't watch anymore.

>CGshit
>Sakuga
I read your post. You're just a fucking retard.

>did well
Does it have an anime?