Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all.

Does he love her?

>Toriyama: Vegeta, whose pride had been deeply wounded, sought help from Bulma, and little by little, his ruthless personality changed. Nowadays, you certainly might be able to say that [Vegeta holds his family and wife dear]. On the other hand, Goku might not have a sense of family members like Gohan and Chi-Chi except as one of his companions.

He did in dragon ball og

As much as his brain-damaged self could.

Pretty much this. He loves her as much as an asexual fight-autist can love a wife. Which is to say, he probably loves her more for her home-cooking than anything else.

They've never kissed on the lips according to super manga.

In DBZ they throw some romantic scenes for the sake of it but all in all Goku just doesn't give a f*ck , heck even vegeta kissed his wife

Exactly. Ask him what's one thing you love about your wife. First thing he'll come to is the food, he'll get stumped on the rest.

>asexual

He at least had sex twice though

This.

Love is a strong word
He doesn't LOVE anyone
He's so simple that its probably
He just cares for her, Gohan, and maybe Goten more than he cares about anyone else, but love, probably not.
On a scale his CARE for his family is a 10, but his care for Krillin and Bulma is probably a 9.

He only considered her a friend. She, and everyone else probably forced him to marry her, and he thought "oh i guess this is what people are supposed to do". So now he thinks of her as a friend he lives with, like Gohan.

>love
He cares for Chichi because he is supposed to, after that she just became a part of his life. Goku is too stupid to feel romantic love.

Goku loves to fight, food and Chichi's food. That's it. For the rest he only cares.

>Let's settle this once and for all.
>Does he love her?
Not sure if Kakaroto can understand this much.

tl;dr:
Toriyama says: Vegeta is our hero.

I think that his character has been made to retroactively not.

Back when he was just a strange kid with a tail, sure. But as soon as the concept of aliens got introduced to the series that went out the window.

Didn't help that Toriyama didn't know what to do with/didn't like Chi-Chi.

He does get pissed when Black tells him how he killed her and Goten. So he does love his family, In his own dumb way

This is true, but it's the same kind of reaction that he had for Krillin's deaths.

>Kid Goku used to love Chichi
What the fuck is this meme? This isn't true at all.

as much as a brain damaged, alien weapon of mass destruction can, i guess

Goku loves fighting and foot. ChiChi cooks and they are fighting all the time, so I guess.

Yeah but he's never kissed her.

He does love his family.

But he loves a good fight much, much more.

It's truly horrifying that the major protagonist we're supposed to root for is an actually brain-damaged lunatic that cannot feel love. Shit the guy has two sons and he's never kissed his wife. What the fuck man.

Goku's a footfag?

My headcannon is Goku is actually just legally retarded, so the money that comes from Ox King is really just from government disability payments.

He loved her like you love a cool drinking buddy. She probably sleep assaulted him to concieve.
He was litteraly tricked into marrying her.

/ourguy/

>My headcannon

What the fuck else can I call it? I could say "my statistical analysis Chi-chi should be in jail for fucking a retard" but that's a bit crass

Headcanons are a children thing dude.

We're talking about Dragonball right?

No, you are talking about your imagination.

At this rate it seems that he values Krillin higher than the rest of his friends and families.

The only time(s) Goku got super mad was when Krillin died (twice).

When Gohan (his own fucking son) got beat up by Nappa, he's not even that mad (gave him one punch each for killing and hurting his friends, which is pretty tame, instead of outright destroying him).
He wasn't even mad when Gohan got beaten up close to death by Reecome.
Didn't even get mad after learning the androids killed his son in the future.
Again, same thing when he let Gohan fight Cell on his own.

Even Vegeta got super mad when his future son, present son or his wife got beaten.

Feet are stronger than hands, it checks out.

You are comparing battle defeats with seeing someone exploding while screaming your name in front of you? come on.

Goku legit has autism, they didnt die in his timeline so it didnt happen yet. Vegeta is a normie so he can understand the implication of his family being killed in another timeline but goku doesnt have the emotional intelligence to attach alt universe chi-chi to his chi-chi as being the same person in essence.

Better question. Where is Goku on the spectrum?

Yeah he didn't love her back then. P sure he thought of her as a friend back then.

I don't know man, I'd be fucking pissed if I learned my son got beaten up by a bigger guy. And I'm sure that's a normal reaction.

It might be more understandable if Gohan got beaten up as an adult and Goku didn't get mad, he'd probably think Gohan didn't do enough training or something, but back then he was still a kid and the people who beat him up are adults which isn't exactly fair.

Goku fought lots of adults

Goku intelligence is strongly correlated with the power level of the people surounding him compared to his.
Hence why he never acted like a retard in front of the main vilains or more generally people he thrills to fight with.

>the people who beat him up are adults which isn't exactly fair
Goku has been fighting adults and even armies since he was a kid. For him, that is normal

Probably why he thinks it's okay to let his kid fight adults (who are most of the time way stronger than Gohan could handle).

It's totally fucked up, not even Vegeta with his warrior mentality is this bad with raising his kid.

Reminder that Goku got platinum mad when Black told him he killed Chi-Chi and Goten. Goku not loving his family is a meme that got out of control and it's not spouted by idiots who don't even watch the series anymore.

Didn't he end up like breaking the nappas back?

Are you guys fucking retarded or what? Or did you forget the haha I killed your wife and son in another timeline and Goku went ballistic on Black because of that?

>the major protagonist we're supposed to root for
Most of us don't root for Goku, I can assure that.

No.

>Le Goku is a bad dad meme
I wish everyone who kept perpetuating this shit would die slowly and painfully.

But in DBZS he went super mad when Black told him how AU chichi and goten died

Everyone shits on Goku but I bet none of you would love your wife either if she were such a massive cunt like Chi-chi is. You'd have divorced her in less than a year.

>Vegeta is a normie so he can understand the implication of his family being killed in another timeline

Yet he does nothing to fucking help his alternate timeline son. If he actually gave a fuck he would try to win the shitty tournament of power and use the Super Dragon Balls to bring back Future Trunks original timeline.

So nice head canon that anyone cares about alternate timeline faggots, only Goku gave a fuck, and only slightly.

But it's okay to bring it up when it gives examples of Goku supposedly not loving his family? Don't be an hypocrite.

He is a terrible dad and has always been though, this isn't a meme, it's a theme that's present in dragonball.
Only part that's a meme is him not loving his family.

Yeah, no kiss, not teaching the meaning of love, that bitch only wanted kids and money.

>Using your imagination is bad nowadays
Humanity has fallen.

He actually tells him to stop being a fucking jobber faggot who relies on help to solve his problems.

He is though, especially if you compare him between Piccolo and Vegeta.

Though to be fair, Goku had no father figure for most of his life (real father died when he was a baby, adopted grandpa died while he was a kid), and he isn't even properly educated beside the basic grade school education Roshi taught him while training with him.

>Does nothing to help
>goes to his dimension to fight a god for him and avenge his wife
sure

>He actually tells him to stop being a fucking jobber faggot who relies on help to solve his problems.

Trunks should have never went back in time. He should have let those ungrateful faggots die.

>bring back Future Trunks original timeline
I don't think those can undo something Zeno deleted. Besides, that could also bring back Zamasu in his universe override form, making the whole thing pointless

I remember a video about this where a interview involving Tori confirming that Goku doesn't really know what having a family entails. He cares about his wife and sons the same way he cares about Krillin. Tori even admitted that Goku is a terrible father and husband because of his Saiyan lineage. Saiyans usually aren't romantic or are expected to take care of their children. Ironically enough, Vegeta, the prince of a dead world and extinct people, actually understands the role of a husband and father better than Goku despite Goku being raised as an Earthling most of his life.

If you need it to call some bullshit to explain something that doesn't need it, yes it's bad.

>Besides, that could also bring back Zamasu in his universe override form, making the whole thing pointless

Just fucking do what Whis did, sans alternative timeline.
But yeah we don't know if you can redo something Zeno did. So moot point.

Goku has been as good as a dad can be whenever circumstances allow it. Look at how between the end of DB and Raditz he spent 4 years holed up in the mountains with Chichi and Gohan living the good hick life.

Then Raditz happens, then Saiyans happen, then Namek happens, then Frieza happens, then Androids happens, then Cell happens and Goku decides to stay dead to avoid more bullshit not just for him but for everyone on Earth and then Buu happens the exact fucking day he comes back to Earth proving him completely right. Where's time left for proper parenting between this? There's none.

The only time you can say Goku did not truly understood Gohan was during Cell when Piccolo called him out of not realizing Gohan was not a battle junkie like he is. And afterwards Goku always supported Gohan on his dream of becoming a fucking nerd, he actually understood him afterwards.

>B-But Vegeta is a good dad unlike Goku!
Do you people forget that Vegeta did not even hug Trunks even once until he was 8? How about all the times Bulma and Trunks nearly got killed during Androids and Vegeta did not give a fuck and had to be saved by Future Trunks? Vegeta mellowed out afterwards, for sure, but he had the luxury of peace-time instead of bullshit coming one after the other, which is the reason why Gohan kept being forced to fight. Because it was fight or earth is fucked and your friends are dead.

Vegeta seems like he would be a top tier father.

Strict, yet hands off. That scene where goku teleports into his bedroom and Bulma thinks its Vegeta shows that they obviously talk about regular parent shit, so he must engage in that sort of thing.

Bulma is a better wife than chi-chi. Bulma has better motherhood stats, higher ranks in pussy whipping, and a higher int stat. Also she has a better fashion sense, is a better pilot and has a gun.

Vegeta being nobility probably explains why he's more "cultured" and aware of personal relationships than Goku. Apparently, the Saiyan nobility were expected to care about their blood ties, had a concept of familial love, and even married other strong noble families to consolidate their power and confirm their status.

I was told that after I finish watching Dragon Ball, and move onto Z that there's an arc which after finishing, I can just stop with the series as it feels conclusive as a whole. Does anyone know which one that might be?

>And afterwards Goku always supported Gohan on his dream of becoming a fucking nerd, he actually understood him afterwards.
He understood Gohan was a failure

>headcannon
The only cannon.

>He understood Gohan was a failure

Vegeta wasn't exactly a great dad, it just stands out that even him was better than Goku

if he can get a waifu there is still hope for us

nah, chichi and gohan are a 9. 10 is fighting

genderfluid monkeykin

I like how sayans are depicted as literal niggers.

>Ay yo bruh, heard ya son is fckn uncle tom n' sheit

>Yeah bruh, all he do now is bein a busta

It makes the manga more interesting honestly. Instead of a classic hero you have a brain damaged lunatic that mostly cares about fighting.

Chi chi is Goku's handler, Goku's real love is challenging strong opponents even if it means getting others in danger

she is fucking rich too while chichi always bitches around so goku goes and gets some cash

Truly Vegeta is best boy even if he is a jobber

Vegeta and Goku are suppose to be together, but Toriyama is too afraid to do what is the logical conclusions.

but that makes me even feel bad for him. all he wants to do is have a good all out fight with someone to test strength, improve himself, and have some fun. yet the only chance he gets for this is when him losing means he and everyone he "loves" dies and his planet or entire universe gets destroyed. this goes so far that he even hires a hitman on himself, simply because he seemed strong enough and himself dying is a lot less worrysome than what usually happens when he loses. shit, even when there isnt someone out there trying to kill everyone there is chichi bitching around to make him get money or something keeping him from training or finding another good fighter to have fun with. sad

How the fuck did these two get married without kissing and with no on objecting to that?

A kiss on a cheek works...

nope, saiyans are warrior race much like modern mudslimes just more for themselves and less
>god wills it

But that would be gay

according to the manga

but how did they have sex?

>proving the point you're trying to argue against
wew

With a turkey baster

Picollo has that look of 'this is why I fuck your wife everyday you dumb unappreciative idiot'

You're overthinking things. Also Super fucking sucks and isn't worth your time.

>hey goku, i show you this new technique i learned. just trust me, strip naked and lay down.

P0n0s to vag00 and jamming it in.
Kisses are not needed for the process

Chichi literally raped him.