No Gods or Kings, Only Man

>No Gods or Kings, Only Man

So I don't get it, was Andrew Ryan meant to be a libertarian or a communist?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Citizens-Guide-American-Ideology-Conservatism/dp/0415899001
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

(((Extreme libertarian)))

Randian objectivist. Like an ancap who read too much Nietzsche.

below a big gold statue of himself lol.

did you even play the fucking game?

Libertarian. He talks about how he despises the communists in his audio logs

Andrew Ryan is a God.

Definitely not communist. He strongly believes that if you don't bring anything to the table you don't get a fucking seat.

Not when it comes to golf

He was meant to be a bastardization of Ayn Rand because leftists can't do anything more than read Wikipedia pages

A weird combination of authoritarian libertarian

How is this a thing?

He was talking about a consensus algorithm known as Proof of Work. Stick around, its going to be a really big deal in the next decade.

Just read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead if you want to understand the objectivism parallels.

Or just drive an ice pick into your temple. Same thing.

I think it was pretty obvious that he was a self appointed God-King of his own libertarian utopia gone mad.

Too much Ayn Rand fucked with his mind and became a full blown nazi.

Read the booklet...

amazon.com/Citizens-Guide-American-Ideology-Conservatism/dp/0415899001

It does a good job a giving you a basic working of the American left and right. Randian objectivism, in the context of the framework of the book, is 2 of the four "pillars" of conservatism. Actually it juxtaposes quite well with Bioshock 2, as that game reflects the two unused pillars. Each of them represent the moral/economic failings of the right when divorced from the other necessary pillars.

Andrew Ryan was a meme

The point was that he was a fraud.

>AHAH guies i said it again with a proxy!

lol same

"He who steals from me gets murdered" -Me

ANCAP. Which is a good enough reason that his project went to shit. They summarized it well enough in game: everyone expects to be a captain of industry, but someone has to scrub the toilets.

Libertarianism is based on non-aggression agreements of some sort. They come with corresponding obligations and repercussions. This wasn't the case in his city. People who did violent acts against others weren't robbed of power and social status there

Except holodomor, they just don't get to eat period

This

same dude i am also a different poster supporting you like a normal poster on a forum also supports an idea he agrees with while also communicating like a completely normal human being

objectivism

>the genius Jew dominatrix man rapist Ayn Rand

Well shit

very generally anti-authoritarian.

It's a gamedev stance against libertarians, without understanding of libertariansim itself. I'm not a fan of libertarians, but they have some good key points that were completely misrepresented in this portrayal

Anarchist

You don’t need roads if you’re underwater.

Looks like someone didn't listen to the tapes that showed him suppressing the bad guy's superior tech so he could remain at the top of the pyramid.

>This wasn't the case in his city.

It absolutely was. Everyone just went crazy due to heroin magic. And the idea of the NAP isn’t some magic thing that makes people obey it always. It’s juvenile to think that it would be enforced when you got an army rallied behind you and suped up junkies ready to catch you lacking.

You are confusing libertarianism with anarcho capitalism.

>Was he a communist
>Opening monologue rants against communists
Are you retarded?

When is was young I used to believe in monsters at night I used to dream about them never did I ever doubt them when I was young I used to believe in monsters
>
Then one day I found out there's no monsters they're just lies to my surprise no there's no monsters they're just made up to help sell stories of graveyards crypts and laboratories damn the I found out there's no monsters
>
Absent for a while were the monsters I always frowned until I found the monsters I found that they're still here to grace us now they're wearing people's faces people are more hideous than monsters

A man chooses, a slave obeys

Look, I know, that libertarians are idealists and it won't work in practice. The thing is that it will go out of control in a bit different manner
I'm not, we have libertarian party in Russia and that's exactly their principles

jones is hilarious

Biggest mindfuck I ever experienced.

It's not denouncing libertarianism per se, but the problem is with the human nature. The state exists because people are naturally led to exploit each other in harmful ways in order to succeed. A basic central state enforces the rule of the community for the well being of everyone.
Andrew ryan didn't want a state and things went quickly out of control when the ADAM was synthesized.

There is no need for NAP when you have a minarchist state.

That's a good point

Why? (genuine question)

he maintained rapture through his own Money to buy steel from...well iron from the Surface, unless mined them underground.

whats most important is this:where people bought raw material to sell their Products thats a good question, they lived in fish and fruits and vegetables but didnt buy cows(while it would take some time to make models for animals they could just stated that "they held animals in X Place) also when all turned to shit, libertarians have a choice, either use that mind controlling gas to turn against atlas or let your whole libertarian society go to shit. go against libertarian principals or Watch it all die.

either way it shows libertarinism cant work when other Groups organise against it since libertarianism is against collective organising.

second game was about communism, the whole entity that was a collective of people joined toghether as one was a test that failed and left forgotten, the other was forced introduction of mind Control via not the gas but the would you kindly system.

it would have worked since nobody could be immoral, WOULD YOU KINDLY NOT STEAL ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE ANYMORE
and so forth.

it goes against free will but you will get a peaceful society

>he thinks PoW will be the dominant hashing algo in the future

State handles security so there is no need for any principles.

OK, then. I thought you mean a somewhat powerless state that has very small chance to impose it's will or police whole population

Ryan did value personal freedom above all, but he didn't want anarchy (after all he had propaganda machine, centralized structured R&D, state owned business to make him rich, etc). So if there is not enough police and state regulations, only some sort of NAP will be an option to run such society

Srsly?
Andrew Ryan = Ayn Rand