Why you guys hate english dub user?

why you guys hate english dub user?
it's not bad.

Other urls found in this thread:

track3.mixtape.moe/etsfbt.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=T8SRCRuIQvM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I speak three languages and english dubs are consistently the worst I've heard. Only when they unironically try sounding as amateur as possible is when it fits, like with Cromartie High or Ghost Stories.

>watching Dubs
>ever

There's only like few exceptions and it's usually for ironic quality

English dub of Maid Dragon is good. I won't deny it.

Black lives matter jokes

>can't properly speak english
>thinks english dubs are good
What a shocker.

>hey let'stake the soft-spoken loli that everyone loves and have her sound like a stuck-up brat that swears
Yeah, sure buddy

baccano
cowbody bebop
kill la kill

These 3 are all unironically decent dubs

No

I just don't understand how professionals can sit in a studio and be happy with the results.
English dubs are consistently bad in most cases.
Maybe I should get a job as a VA. I bet I could start my career working for ATLUS considering the shit they eat up.

2/3 wrong.
>Stand Alone Complex
>Black Lagoon
>Cowboy Bebop

This is why
track3.mixtape.moe/etsfbt.webm

High quality bait.
>498 Replies and 87 Images are omitted

Are you a cosplayer willing to suck dick? If not then you aren't gonna make it into the murrican dub industry

>VAs are amateur as fuck
>voices/inflection don't fit the characters at all
>references to current events that date the episodes immediately

KLK is a great Dub. I don't get why people don't agree

The final Sup Forums "redpill" as it were is that Japanese and English dubs, in the current era, are of comparable quality.
Also Japanese female voice actors can be so fucking horribly screechy.

Wrong. People with stupid opinions like yours do not belong here. Please fuck off.

Because dubs are consistently bad, with the exception of Yu Yu Hakusho and Cowboy Bebop

Yeah but the psychology behind it is we don't know how it should sound like so it ends up not mattering to the non natives unless it's really bad or you're hyper autistic

I don't understand the autistic rage people fly into here when discussing English dubs. Most of them are fine, with one standout performance.
Similarly, Japanese casts are the same, consistently fine with a standout performance.

Maybe it's due to the fact that English isn't my main language, but I don't dislike English dubs in general; of course, there are times when I prefer Japanese to English (Elfen Lied, Higurashi etc.) but most of the time I prefer English dubs.

Multilingual here.

Japanese original > Spanish(Mexican) dub > French dub > Shit > English dub

along with some english VA's sounding robotic and one dimensional this right here is the problem with most english dubs.

This is the worst post that I've read in about a month. Congratulations.

I mostly agree
However:
>"Hey now, don't slut shame me."
>mfw

thanks senpai

I don't hate them, just not my go-to.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8SRCRuIQvM
Don't slut shame me

WHy the hell does Kanna sound like a bitchy teenager?

Some shounen shit has pretty good dubs. YuYu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin TV (Tsuioku-hen is significantly better in Japanese), Naruto (JP is good too though, mostly because of Sasuke's VA). HxH 2011 has a pretty good dub, I prefer Hisoka's English VA over Daisuke Namikawa and I say this as someone who loved Namikawa as Oikawa and Waver Velvet.

Mainstream and popular shows that aired in the early to mid 2000s generally had good dubs, like TTGL, GITS SAC and Baccano. There's also lots of classic dubs like Bebop and old Miyazaki movies, especially Mononoke-hime which I will always favor the dub since that is what I grew up on.

The state of English dubs has been pretty abysmal for the last few years or so with every big main male role being given to Bryce Papenbrook, whose voice is just absolutely grating to my ears (Kirito, Shirou, Eren Jaeger, Rin Okumura, Sorey from Tales of Zestiria the X) or are being given to VAs who were known for their supporting roles but when given the main role can't really carry the show, like Christopher Sabat (Vegeta/Piccolo, and more recently the MC from Dimension W). Actually good English VAs like Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman and Troy Baker have either been phased out of MC roles or just stopped doing anime. I haven't really paid attention to female VAs but there's a few good ones, but more of the recent ones just end up unironically sounding like those two girls from that Lucky Star fandub.

I'll always try to go for the original JP audio when I watch stuff for the first time though, unless the seiyuu are people I don't like or are just straight up unknown and the English VAs are people I do like.

t. Faggot who has been watching Toonami every Saturday since its revival a few years ago and listens to all the dubbed anime they air

I don't care what people enjoy, but Ghost Stories dubfags are wearing on my nerves. Their posting style is cancerous and their threads are circlejerks that consist of people just meaninglessly spouting quotes from the dub while bumping the thread repeatedly for days with nonsense instead of letting it die naturally. It's barely a half-step above Sup Forums-level posting. And their autism rivals any seiyuufag, because they get inexplicably defensive any time anyone says something bad about their Family Guy-tier dub. It's honestly bizarre seeing how defensive they get at any perceived criticism. I guess being a dubfag is okay when it's "ironic" and you can pretend that you're not wasting your time by watching a shitty show if you do so ironically because hurr jokedub. And then cite this literal jokedub as one of the ten "good" dubs is just pathetic.

Finally someone says what we've all been thinking.

I don't. Here's my list of decent to good dubs.

>Baccano
>GTO
>Golden Boy
>Cowboy Bebop
>Samurai Champloo
>Afro Samurai
>Space Dandy
>Mushishi
>Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
>Black Lagoon
>Abenobashi Magical Shopping Arcade
>Beck
>Full Metal Panic!
>Anything by Studio Ghibli (But fuck the different names in Arrietty)
>Summer Wars
>The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
>Steam Boy
>Memories
>Evangelion (Rebuild)
>Ouran Host Club
>Shuffle!
>Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
>Wolf Children
>The Boy and the Beast
>Digimon: The Movie
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
>Ghost in the Shell
>Gunslinger Girl
>Black Cat
>Death Not
>Ghost Stories
>Monster
>Blue Exorcist
>Deadman Wonderland
>Irresponsible Captain Tylor
>Redline
>Cromartie High School
>A Letter to Momo
>Spice and Wolf
>Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
>Expelled from Paradise
>Ajin
>Blame!
>Knights of Sidonia
>Heavy object
>Your Name.

Am I too late to post before the comments that say "But Family Guy Stories though"

Above post proving my point about the defensiveness.