WA state committee set to approve major gun control bills

SB 5441, which bans anyone who's been put under a 72 hour hold from owning guns.

SB 5444 which requires a yearly license to own "assault weapons" (SAFE act definition), with a $50 yearly fee per weapon.

The committee has 4 dems and 3 repubs. Two of the dems are a sponsor of the former, and three are a sponsor of the latter. In the former, the deciding votes are Pendersen and Dhingra, in the latter the sole deciding vote is Dhingra.

Any washington residents, call her office. She's the big key here. After that call Pendersen but if we can get Dhingra to vote our way, we can get both bills shot down early

Other urls found in this thread:

sultanknish.blogspot.com/2018/01/this-civil-war-my-south-carolina-tea.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do your part, maybe we can slow down the seattleites for another term

We really need federal preemption of this bullshit. It's the only permanent fix.

bump

SB 5444 is what worries me.
It makes a registry of assault rifle owners.
It's a backdoor to that List they wanted.

5441 is just as bad. A 72 hour old can be ordered by literally anyone, no judge or anything, it effectively gives psyches or anyone who can convince a psyche where they couldn't convince a judge legal power to revoke your gun rights.

No you can't.

Sorry to keep being a party pooper, but your state is doomed to become North California. They will do this EVERY YEAR, and every year get something, until you are utterly boxed in and fucked over -- and not just with regards to guns.

>yearly license to own "assault weapons" (SAFE act definition), with a $50 yearly fee per weapon.

I thought you yanks had precedent against this? That licensing and taxation were 'barriers' agains ownerhip and thus violated the 2nd?

>yearly license to own "assault weapons" (SAFE act definition), with a $50 yearly fee per weapon.
is it possible to lose a license in a boating accident?

Not if we can flip it back red. Remember, elections are determined by turnout.

it'll immediately get taken to court and enforcement will be 0 or officially put on hold until there's a ruling.

so even if it passes its doomed to nothingness

I don't think we do but even if we did, it doesn;t matter. 9th circuit upholds everything anti-gun, and the supreme court doesn't take 2A often

I wonder at what point it becomes saner to just start shooting shitskins than to try fighting this in the courts. The feds are really falling down on the job on that whole shall not be infringed thing.

Feinstein's a psycho

9th circuit's gonna uphold it

You can quit shitposting in the WA threads anytime, Californian.

What are Pendersen and Dhingra's track records on voting for gun legislation?

Has a state flipped red in recent years?
I feel like I've only ever seen states turn more blue.

Yes, several did last election

Was that just for the federal election or did it affect them internally too?

Internally too. GOP has a majority in both houses and governorships.

Not to create FUD, but these are going to pass and there is nothing you can do about it. They are ramming through as much stuff as they can in order to cement their power.

Good luck trying to convince Dhingra to withdraw support. She campaigned on getting gun control bills pushed through.

see

Trump isn't pushing to fill the 9th circuit's vacancies.

You would think he would with how often they're sticking their noses into his policies.

Just think of me as Gandalf and your state as Rohan and it'll go a lot easier.

Never saw lord of the rings so thats a whole lotta gibberish to me
But no

>inb4 the flood of people who have never been anywhere near Washington posting "LOL WEED" because they still think 2A and cannabis legalization are related

>Dhingra to vote our way
hahaha no. Dude she's a super normie mom, prosecutor, and violence against women awareness champion. Nah man she's a cosponser of these bills

>$50 fee per weapon
Fug that's gunna be expensive

Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa to name a few.

>Not if we can flip it back red.

There's delusion, and then there's just being deluded.

Washington is not flipping red.

It's a tax on gun ownership. Just not called that specifically. Just like the obamacare bullshit was a tax on poor people who couldn't afford insurance in the first place. They just called it something else so it was AOK

>move from California 2 years ago to escape stupid fucking bullet button low cap mag legislature
>2 years later now WA is becoming just as bad

Arizona looking p good right about now. Wheres a good southern state I can move to so I dont have to keep moving due to libs taking over?

Tenneessee

Dude weed lmao

Tenneessee

If you can get a good job, Kentucky is fine too, but I'll warn you that not even black people like living there.

Don't fucking run.

>be insane
>"hell, maybe I need help"
>oh wait, might lose guns
>don't seek help
>lose it
>use a gun
>???

>bans anyone who's been put under a 72 hour hold from owning guns.
A 72 hour hold doesn't even require a judge to sign off on it. That's literally taking away your constitutional right without adjudication. It won't stand in court.

How about you go BACK to your shithole state instead of constantly infecting others? You fuckin parasite. Thats why WA is the way it is, we had a mass immigration from California and they provided the support the gun grabbers have been lacking.

If only we could get pro-gunners to move to anti-fun states and change them. That's what anti-funners always do to us.

exactly.
as per usual idiot politicians and govt. officials actions only exacerbate any given problem.

There's an easier way than that check it out NRA is the biggest Grassroots organization in the country it's only got five million members. There are anywhere from 80 to 120 million gun owners in this country. If even just a quarter of those, 25 million gun owners, all joined NRA in the next week we would be building short barrel rifles and belt-fed machine guns in the middle of San Francisco in 3 months

Eh, I don't like the NRA but I agree with you. At this point, they're our best bet

Please stick with the NRA if we didn't have them we wouldn't be where we are today with carry rights and all other good gun rights

I said I agree with you. It's better to stick with them cause they do more good than bad overall

Clearly that user isn't part of the gun grabber demographic and you should want in your state if you want to figjt tje grabbers.

I dont like the NRA either, i really dont, but they are the most powerful ally we have hands down.

Did this stuff pass?

Not yet. The senate committee is going to vote to bring it to the floor on Thursday, but it looks like one or both will make it to the floor and receive a vote.

What's with the anti-NRA shit?

>72 hour old can be ordered by literally anyone, no judge or anything,
Not really how it works. In WA State, police place a 72 hour hold in most cases so the patient can be evaluated by a DMHP to determine if they need to be treated at a mental health facility or be released.

NRA supported the passage of the 1968 GCA, and they were OK with the Hughes Amendment being included into the 1986 FOPA on the basis they would fight it in the courts later, they never did.

NRA is also partially responsible for the instant background checks we have today. Originally the Brady bill was just a three day wait for handguns, but NRA included an amendment that mandated the set-up of an instant background check system by 1998. The whole basis was that they thought it'd be impossible to have that become a reality and thought they could get the courts to throw out the entire law. But they underestimated how fast technology grows and their poison bill amendment became a reality.

That's what I always worry about. This webwork of interconnected laws and policies creates a very hostile environment for the average citizen. Lawmakers and politicians seem to be, ignorantly or willingly, creating a system of intrusions into private affairs that make seeking healthcare, careers, and any interaction with governmental or psuedo-governmental entities a treacherous chore. You would think the citizenry would be crying out to replace the broken systems we are burdened by, but the current system is so deeply entrenched in every day business and so many checks and balances are constantly regulating our courses that it seems impossible that we can ever defeat this bureaucracy by diplomatic means. Violence is too rash. There is only one way to win this game. The non-participation clause. Opt out of society, guys. Let's whittle away at our chains until we're free. Cut the cord, get off the grid, get out of dodge. It's all burning down.

More like Grima Wormtongue you filthy trip

You're spot on about what's happening, and it is no accident. It is being done deliberately, and in a spirit of ideological malice.

But running won't work. There are Somalis in North Dakota and Syrians in Helena and a megamosque in Boise. Nowhere is safe. Fight. Beat a fighting retreat to a decent area in a decent state is you must, but fight like a motherfucker.

sultanknish.blogspot.com/2018/01/this-civil-war-my-south-carolina-tea.html

Fucking nerd

Fuck, just read that WA banned bumpstocks.

Not yet. Still has to pass the House.

Well yeah I'm gonna fight. But only once I have something to fight for. First I must make my position more stable. I'll do this by lessening my involvement in these systems which I disagree with. I'll foster strong relationships with my allies. I'll systematically increase my position while making it so far removed from the hands of the enemy that I cannot be shaken. I'll put my faith in righteousness and justice, and scorn evildoers. This is is how I will fight. I will fight for what's mine with the others around me who must follow suit. This is the way of non-participation. The system needs you to survive. It will collapse without us.

Okay Lee Boyd Malvo.

F

The problem is while gun rights are pretty safe federally now- and would remain so even with a small Democrat majority- what if that changes? All of a sudden that preemption could fuck us with big federal changes.

I feel for the good people of the shitty states, but I don't think they have a great alternative until it's time to start shooting commies.

They did with the safe act

get cucked washingtonfaggots

Why do you hate us.

>"Not yet. Still has to pass the House."
>Get excited
>Look up the state's house break down
>Republican Party (48)
>Democratic Party (50)

That's only two votes they have. Way better chance than it had in the Senate.

Why do the dems hate civilian gun ownership so much?

Makes us easier to control.

SHALL

You're a fucking moron hahahaha

Emailed the whole fuckin commitee, anyone have dinghras phone?

in wa you cant divide it in to parties a plainly as that, looking at the bump stocks bill there were republicans that voted for it and dems who voted against it. Wa is one of the few places we have pro gun democrats in the legislature.

>t.socal faggot

my prediction is we will see the "fixed" bump stock ban and possibly some sort of safe storage this session. I know a couple of the dems are for laws like that but are against AWBs and mag bans if it stays that way we might make it a couple sessions with everything ok. Just vote and call reps that is all we can really do.

the VA is fighting this, mainly because veterans typically have training with and will cling to their guns, so reporting them as potential risks would mean they could literally have nothing else to live for and push them over the edge

Because Democrats are an urban party in terms of demographics, and firearms are viewed as a safety issue in urban areas.

Democrats want a monopoly on violence.

>Any washington residents, call her office. She's the big key here.
Good luck. She's also a hyper leftist who ran on and won on a platform that included gun control.

>Was going to move to the heaven of the rainy dreary north to get out of the hell that is the Arizona desert
>Now this
kill me

>/k/ is finally realizing Cali laws will spread regardless of them crying to their useless reps

>the NRA would get the NFA repealed if only we give them more money goy!
Yeah, I'd believe you if they didn't fucking wimp out at every opportunity.

t. Lifetime NRA member

This. Humans don't care who rules over them as long as the get to eat. Rights aren't real. Safety > freedom.

>Implying it's not fact

I wish she'd just kick the damn bucket already

>Leaving Arizona

Arizona is the most based state

I like the AZ desert, will trade you

assassinate the bitch

The gun laws here are excellent. The desert, not so much.

What in the hell is wrong with you? Ideal weather is cloudy, rainy and 60 degrees.

>registering a firearm in 2018
It's like you want them to confiscate your firearms when they eventually become illegal. The more weapons are registered, the more they can claim the law is "working".

This is never going to stop. They lose and then circle like sharks. These people like their semite masters never take no for an answer. Your shitskin streetshitter isn't going to vote no because this is a fucking invasion. Its never going to stop until we stop them. Why do we tolerate these terrible people? Why don't we ever find a fucking spine?

Jamie Pedersen's contact info:
(360) 786-7628
[email protected]

Is this what it feels like, /k/?
To watch your homeland fall?
It's egregious. Northwestern lands and culture don't belong to leftists.

I want the foreign invaders to go.

If you do not engage by legal means you become are the character your enemies paint you as, while simultaneously hampering the progress of pro-2A culture in the U.S.

Welp so much for moving there. The unfortunate thing is that if it doesnt become law (which I dont think it will), they just try again over and over until it passes.