Clockwork Planet

New ep is out.
Best girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mom and Dad getting naked and make new gears together!

So they basically just gave each other the keys to unlocking their powers and ascended to gear gods?

>they don't know what to do
>naoto tells anchor to wait
>they start creating gears out of nothing
>anchor goes in anyway
>and starts off with self-destruct
What the fuck was up with this episode? I didn't sign up for anime with magic, I wanted clocks.

Hasn't she gone through the same character arc like 3 times now?

Most of the episode went over my head. Not enough RyuZU and AnchoR being cute.

>girl
obligatory

I didn't understand shit from this episode.

>mfw this episode

This shit went from nonsensical bullshit to batshit insane in one episode.

Can anyone who actually understood what happened this episode give a short rundown? Because I feel like a retard that I have literally no idea what happened other than Anchor trying to suicide and Naoto gave an inspirational speech.

Can someone remind me what they need the Pillar of Heaven for? Like, what they plan on doing with it?

I haven't watched the episode yet, but they were planning on using it to heat up the place in order to undo the magnetization.

>gramps shot tree and stopped nuke
>oh no we need that tree to beat gramps
>unlimited gear works
>suicide bomber loli cliffhanger

Damn, all 50 of us can't wait for the next episode

>50
That's pretty optimistic.

Last threads I've been checking have had 40+ unique IPs, so 50 actually is optimistic

Regardless I still like Clock Gods

>Most of the episode went over my head.
Honestly this.

I am not sure if I got this right, but I liked when Marie says that Naoto can build the "situation" from the "answer" and she can build an "answer" from the "situation". It's basically someone being able to understand what aminoacids create a specific protein based on how it folds (Naoto's skill) and knowing how it folds based on its aminoacids (Marie's skill). I am sorry if this is even more specific that the example used in the anime but I can't put it better.

So basically what it follows is that there is no no outside complexity or factor, there is only gears. Once you have this physical only existence in your mind, you can accept them becoming "gear gods", because this is not unusual magic, but something that was presented from the start, or "it's gears being so complex and so numerous they create life".

When Naoto talks about contradictions, he tells you that neither him or Marie understand what happens between the single gear and the final mechanism.
Naoto also tells you that the planet is a not clock, because a clock can't be alive, because life exists only when there is redundancy, allowing the planet to work even if a piece is broken.

Aside from your example, that's a good way to put it. Although, what did the king mean by Y?

Probably the male half of something, X and Y as chromosomes.

Y was the big smart guy that made the planet, was he not?

>you don't know the meaning of your name
Her name is anchoR she's meant to be the fucking anchor/closer.

unless they are going to claim she has a real name besides that that is some super ultra deeps hit

also why did the old man call naoto Y?

Also is Marie going to be the breeding Sow in the family?

Cause they're really similar or something right? Y and Naoto didn't give up and saved the world or something so old man see's them in the same light. Or Naoto is simply related to Y, that'd be easy to claim too.

Please crush me, Marie-sama.

I have no idea what this was about.

This episode separates it from the rest of the low intelligence shows.
The gear planet itself is contradictory lie for having broken parts but still functioning and Naoto's super hearing and situational analysis along with Marie's genius that transcends mankind's mental limit combine for a match up that breaks though beyond the understanding of the current outdated established teachings and principles into a new horizon of thought that's more than right or wrong but based on instinct and an opened mind not tied down by conventional thought and theories which creates new application and uses from the previous parts.

Reportin' in

They had brain sex.

Clocks on suicide watch.

>implying
He's motivating her so that he can protect his clocks.

I liek clocks

He still let his daughter allah akbar. He is a bad father.

Is Marie old enough to have all these PMS breakdowns?

>Best girl.
this

It was cute how they both motivated each other.

The OST this episode was great.

Naoto is a alpha harem king

Rife on da clockworld pranet

doujin
When?

>>there are people watching this shit

>Also is Marie going to be the breeding Sow in the family?
yep, Marie will be a surrogate and a sperm bank too

AnchoR's anchors

Don't forget that the OST is out, check your favorite nyaa for it.calle bonne

>Clockwork Newtypes

what the fuck is going on

So it turns out that the LN artist has been drawing a weekly pic for every episode.

How the fuck did the captcha get there

Merry christmas, son!
Now I know you really wanted that shiny new fad game everyone is talking about, but daddy is a filthy NEET and this is all he has. Go have fun.

Why is he so damn hot? Goddamn.

This is probably what Marie actually received as a child during birthdays and Christmas and she enjoyed it.

And the latest one.

Stupid sexy clock.

>Marie worst girl

I love this screen.

So are gears magic or something?

Fuck off, satan.

A few stitches.

people still watch this shit?

I don't even know what this show is about.

I just pretend to watch it and draw fake screencaps in paint. I think I've gotten pretty good.

Last one.

tomboy

What the fuck happened in today's episode?

Is this show any good?

nanogears

Don't think about it.

havent watched latest episode, honestly not sure if this is a screencap or an MS paint drawing

Marie with dem big tiddies.

The old samurai hates God because the world makes no sense. Naoto and Marie have conceded that the world makes no sense but that is precisely why can bring mechanical order to fathomless chaos using nothing but their own willpower and imagination to create UNLIMITED CLOCK WORKS.

Gears.

They really droped the animation in this one, then throwing contradictions to justify magic gears. At the end I bet Naoto and Marie are just some Adan and Eve from Y

The world itself is a huge contradiction because logically the world should have failed as soon as someone purged a grid because these kinds of things require all of the gears to work.

There's an old joke that says if you could show that 1+1=3, then you could use that to prove that you're the pope. More formally, this idea is called the Principle of Explosion. Simply put, given one contradiction, all else follows. For reference,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_explosion
In this episode, the main characters break the fourth wall. Not in the cheap "haha look at us characters saying that we're characters in a TV show, so funny" way that's so popular these days, but by looking at their setting and realizing that it just fundamentally fails to make sense. You cannot build a planet out of gears that will last for a thousand years. Gears simply don't work like that. And given one contradiction, all others follow. Nothing exists and everything exists, left is right, that whole sequence. For a brief interval, the show itself ceases to exist. It's just a bunch of nonsense on a TV screen, not a TV show about characters and events. The only way to fix this is to resolve the contradiction, so Naoto attaches an explicit fantasy element to the science fiction setting. The clockwork planet normally runs on science, but when things break that people can't repair, magic kicks in and replaces the broken bits. It solves the setting problem by making the planet able to last forever, but doesn't contradict anything elsse that's been shown onscreen because the system only kicks in when things break in a particular way. And since he's the one inventing the magic system, he can tailor it to make it perfectly convenient for also solving their immediate problem at hand. The contradiction gone, the new reality snaps into place and Marie wakes up, having forgotten everything that just happened, and they magic the shit out of some gears.

At least that's what I got out of it.

It's still magic, it's just an atemp to be "deep"

>An attempt
Nah, it made perfect sense given the situation that was presented. Sure it was silly and absurd but this is a planet that runs on fucking gears.

>it made perfect sense given the situation that was presented
I mean, sure, making logic through contradictions is the only way to justify true magic.