Is it a deconstruction?

Is it a deconstruction?

If by deconstruction, you mean being way darker, then yes.

was this season so empty you have to resort to this

Is this thread deconstructing analysis?

>deconstruction

This word is cancer. And no it's not. The reason people don't like Madoka is because the autistic fanbase keeps overrating and overhyping it to the point that anyone who watches it will be disappointed.

No. Pic related is what an actual deconstruction looks like

A deconstruction of Magical Girls would have to deal with serious issues related to the genre and its watchers. For example, exploring the image of a heroine who always talked about hope, future, and who would never forget her friends, in the context of 30 years after the series ended and her legacy is a bunch of washed out plastic figures.

I feel like Madoka was just dark (at times getting laughable, QB's cattle speech, Not-Anne Frank in the montage about hope, made me cringe.) and due to the fact Urobochi never saw a Magical Girl show before it, it does not explore the genre outside of a superficial level. You could take away all the magical girl aesthetic and change it to normal magic and nothing of value would be lost.

I'd like to deconstruct Madoka.

>he reason people don't like Madoka is because the autistic fanbase keeps overrating and overhyping it to the point that anyone who watches it will be disappointed.
That never happened to someone user.

MadoKyou

Why does it even matter
Why did deconstruction became a meme of sorts where people believe it must be SO SMART if it happens when its the easiest shit to do
I could write a deconstruction of an harem right now

We need to give that word a bad connotation again

How do you even deconstruct a genre that is ankle deep? There is nothing there to deconstruct. It's all fluff.

Yeah. You can tell because the magical girl transformation, which is supposed to be the most promising moment in a magical girl series is actually played as tragedy in the Homu-Homu episode.

Ah, so everyone else is catching on.

Well, I said "everyone else" like that means something.

Or maybe we need to go one step further and reconstruct everything as a whole.

No, it's parody

Nope, but it's still a great show

Why does Madoka bully her friends?

A deconstruction is not an artistic work you dumbass.

More a realistic look at the dangers and problems being a Magical Girl would entail. More grounded than most others, more realistic if you will. It's the Dark Knight next to Adam West's Batman. A darker take on the same story.

>2017
>Sup Forums is still autistic towards the word "deconstruction"

No it's a subversion

why? and they're absolutely goddamn right

this

Do Kyousaya shippers feel silly yet?

nani

Deconstruction is a way of looking at things, not a thing itself. its post-structuralist framing that uses the same rationales that 3rd wave femenism uses to justify man-hating and other irrational garbage like that. If by deconstruction you mean that it denies objectivity within the mahou shoujo genre, then fucking moetan would qualify.
tl;dr its only a deconstruction if you are an uneducated feminazi-tier retard who can't into objective truths about the world

people have been like this towards deconstruction since the hippies and pseudo-intellectuals in university english departments got post-structuralism as a whole wrong. Derrida would be spinning in his grave if he saw what became of the movement.

I doubt it's ever going to stop being a loaded phrase, since people intentionally use it to try to get others riled up. Example is this thread, OP is obviously not an innocent academic question.

Soul Gems are the true forms of Magical Girls.

The bodies are just bodies. Say, who rescued Homura from Danger in Rebellion?

Say, who refused to make a wish and actually put herself in harms way when faced with the prospect of danger?

Say, whose Soul Gem was it that Homura FREAKED THE FUCK OUT about when it was thrown off a bridge?

Say, we all agree Homura is acting the part of a devil, pretending to be evil for the sake of the one she loves - and she bullied Sayaka, not Madoka, right?

Say... what Sayaka's wish?

Say, why was Sayaka so fucking disgusted by Madoka?

No. For some reason people think taking something innocent and making it darker and edgier is a deconstruction, but when it's otherwise a straight up example of the genre actually just being dark and edgy.

The most "deconstructing" thing Madoka did was make QB a lying piece of shit with his own self interests, but that alone isn't enough.

I'm not going to dignify that with a response, except for this

Her mind was clouded by despair.

Nice ribbon, Sayaka-chan.

What would a magical girl deconstruction show be like, then?

Most people just use the mainstream definition and moved on.

no one respects post-modernists enough to care anyway.

Well, the best deconstruction is a work which features details that completely go over everyones head.

It'd be even funnier if the third entry - which has the villain properly punished and at least the chance of a happy ending - was viewed as a "fanfic."

probably like Re:creators where giving unlimited magical powers to a little girl is probably a bad idea

I didn't understand what Madoka actually was at first when I was watching, even after it ended for a few years I was debating with myself and reading Sup Forums trying to figure it out.
Then I saw Brandon Sanderson's lectures on youtube about how to write a story. One time, he talks about how you have to be the "chef", you decide what the troupe is worth and why it matters in your story. It's your job as a writer to present the story in a familiar way to people, but to rethink why the story has to be that way and add something clever that makes "sense".
It didn't occur to me until I watched Thunderbolt Fantasy, another work written by urobuchi. It's a complete re-thinking of why martial arts stories work, what they should be like, why this character acts like this and another one acts like that, and it's all executed so your expectations are pleasantly subverted. You're surprised because someone actually thought through what the story means to the characters and how it affects your emotions.
Madoka is a "chef" story, and I think that's why people get so confused by what it is because we've come to accept anime doesn't think things through, bashes us with cliche after cliche, and concentrates on visuals over making an interesting story.
Madoka was able to pull together excellent talent to make a cohesively great work, and that's why it's remembered. This is also the reason why I think people like EVA, I don't think Anno understood what he was doing when he wrote it but I took it as him translating his adolescent experience into a mecha show, instead of starting with a mecha show then adding in kids.
Which is why I think people don't like modern mecha like IBO or they feel as if something is off, the characters are adults in kids bodies and it makes them hard to relate to, almost inhuman. Though there were parts were they tried, in the end it wasn't enough, Madoka was definitely enough.

Even the second entry is already viewed that way.