Why arent you reading this?

Actually realistic depiction about medieval morals and warfare. Why arent there any threads up?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Szigetvár
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Güns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vukovar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maritsa
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Vinland Saga?

>defeats an army of 100000 with just 2000
>realistic

uh huh

>50 to 1 odds victory
>actual realistic depiction
I also already read Wolfsmund

realistic medieval warfare sucks

sieges take forever, battles rarely become pitched battles, shitty logistics, disease everywhere, long marches, etc etc

Tactics are everything, i forgot who it was but someone defended a fortress with around 300 men against 30k invaders, i havent read the manga so dont know the context but 2k fighting 100k could be done if you have an incredible tactition

>That all
>Sucks
What are you, a faggot?

user, army doesnt just consist of combatants. The number is still off by few ten thousands though

>what is alexander the great
>what is genghis khan
>what is nobunaga oda

>what is Austrlia vs Emu

the fuck is it called?

>examples that prove I am talking out of my ass

2k vs 100k is an insurmountable advantage unless there's a big tech advantage

First major use of gunpowder in europe user

t eri

>he doesn't know Toyota War

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Szigetvár

The Hussites really were a menace. They defeated five crusades, found time to invade neighboring countries, and were the first army to use guns extensively.

this is good,but too sad, waifus get hurt and die ;-; that girl who got burnt alive

What's your point, turks won that one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Güns
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vukovar

Slavs have the best units killed per head ratio.

The Hungarians were once a huge menace too.

That's a siege and it took over a month for those 2-3k defenders to grind down the Ottomans. I'm not sure what manga OP is referencing but it probably wasn't a drawn out siege, but a pitched battle.

That's because Slavs are bloodthirsty and clearly insane.

>That's a siege and it took over a month for those 2-3k defenders to grind down the Ottomans

According to my extensive Mount and Blade: Warband experience you typically need minimum a 3:1 size advantage to be able to successfully siege a settlement and even then you need to account for heavy casualties.

Slav here, authentic Haplogroup I one too, I can confirm we're like hungry dogs out for blood.

But Siget was not a 3:1, it was a 1000:1

Scarily enough both commanders died there, I wonder what really happened, turk got a heart attack from losing so much men to 2000 people in a small fort before even reaching Vienna?

hax defenses

That doesn't look very optimal, it's like a lot of defenders were left unused.

There's only so much people that can fit onto the walls before they're disrupting others.
Now if this were high walls with multiple canons per floor, then kebabs would probably have been all dead.

Hard to believe this could actually defend against so many people.
Either it was built like a tank, or turk cannoneers were as blind as bats.

It's actually pretty optimal

Fighting took place at bottlenecks where difference in numbers was minimized. Your garrison had troops that could rest and switch. There was never any relief forces sent from Vienna to replenish their ranks so eventually as they got whittled down the turkroaches were able to mine their way below the walls and blow it all to shit.

The Hungarians did end up also blowing up their gunpowder magazine which obliterated a few thousand turks at once.

Pyrrhic victory through and through. 10:1 K/D and fuckall left of the settlement.

recent one

Read the OP. It specifically states medieval warfare.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maritsa

2014 is 1435 in muslim calendar

>American bring 20K unit to kill VC 2 mil
>Not talk about North and South war.

uh huh.

Sup Forums- History & Humanities

Serbs are shit at war, that doesn't count.

>that unreliable inflated medieval chronicles number so the the chronicler's side looks badass

Hussites are damn good, but 100000 is a bullshit number

Otome Sensou

I'd rather read something about the Byzantines screeching autistically over their chariot races.

>sieges take forever

This massively depends actually. Richard the lionheart sieged and took something like 12 castles in a single 6 month time frame. While going full blast to cut someone off.

It is entirely possible. Morale is a bitch.

This lost its translator for a while after just a few chapters, as I recall, and it dropped off my radar as a result.

I suppose I should pick it back up.

Which of the new angel chore is a cutie?

Give me a reason

Too edgy, and not in a good way like wolfsmund

This is just super edgy garbage.

Author is just a guro fag.

Cathlocucks BTFO!

You got my curiousity.

It's boring and I don't give one single shit if something is "realistic." And there is nothing I hate more than medieval settings.

Extremely early firearms are most definitely incapable of defeating a 100,000 man army unless you somehow manage to kill the generals and even then its fairly likely that the army would still surround and eradicate you.

Remember the martyrs

;_;

How is it edgy?

A manga about people that did nothing but to be white and self-insert into anglo achievements

Remember she's used, psychologically damaged goods. The latter is fine.

Did you read the manga?

christian jihad, the manga

I have no idea which battle you're talking about, but 2k vs 100k isn't impossible.

You realize that a small force of under 3k Greek soliders held off 50k-1million Persians for days. It's possible a small force of well trained soliders to face off and win against vastly larger forces with tactics, well picked battlefields, and as mentioned superior tech. Medieval armies often had conscription of peasants with little to no experience in war. They had shitty morale and would break formations often without even having contact with the enemy. That 100k army would mostly consist of shitty peasants with little to shit gear. Especially if the 2k has any cavalry they could definitely inflict some major losses and possibly break the morale and a bunch of formations of the bigger army, which snowballs. Also one section of the battle might be holding out great for one side but in large scale battles at the time, a break in another section can often domino without anyone realizing it or being able to communicate.

100k peasants vs 2k armored trained soliders. You'll never guess who'll win.

People want to live and unless they're used to war they'll usually try to run away. Combine with the loud noises and explosion/pellets flying the fear of early firearms is pretty big shock to the peasant army

Peasant levies are a myth. Or at most vastly overestimated by old authors that believed in the "dark ages".

Ok. You're right, there were armies of 100k+ of highly trained and well discipline soldiers all over back then. Why there wasn't another Roman Empire remains a mystery. You don't really believe all those men are battle harden and trained troops do you?

Well, armies of 100k soldiers didn't happen in the first place in medieval times...

The Taborites were the ISIS of their time, yes. Only they were considerably more successful as an army.