ITT Gateway Drugs

What was the first anime you ever saw?

What was the first manga you read?

How deep into your addiction are you (figurines, 100s of mangas, loss of friends, etc.)?

Weed is a gateway drug of the worst kind.

>first animu
Naruto I'm sorry

>first manga
See above

>how deep
Currently trying to learn nihon

>weed
>gateway drug

D.A.R.E pls spread lies elsewhere

>What was the first anime you ever saw?

Dragonball Z

>What was the first manga you read?

Naruto

>How deep into your addiction are you (figurines, 100s of mangas, loss of friends, etc.)?

I'm this close to watching moeshit unironically

Not quite there yet though

>3d image as op
you are fucking retarded

Guyver OVAs

Chobits

Smoke weed nigga.

My first manga was either Super Taboo or Bondage Fairies.
Don't remember which was my first anime.

I'm a wizard.

maginzer
ranma 1/2

What was the first anime you ever saw?

Sailor Moon

What was the first manga you read?

Bleach

How deep into your addiction are you (figurines, 100s of mangas, loss of friends, etc.)?

I've got figurines and a few manga but I've never lost a friend over anime. I try to consume in moderation.

>first anime
Yu-Gi-Oh VHS, 4kids dub of the duelist kingdom
>first manga
see above
>ive got figurines, mangas, and have lost friends.

>First anime
Cowboy Bebop
>first Manga
K-on
>How deep
First thing I do when I watch a new series is look up the canon heights of each female character and mark them on my wall

>First thing I do when I watch a new series is look up the canon heights of each female character and mark them on my wall

w-why?

So I can better visualize hugging them.
It's kind of weird, I started getting really nitpick about heights because I wanted to see what my dick would look like in comparison to some girls face but now it's been so long since I've talked to anyone but the guy at Hardee's that I just want a hug

im done with this board

I would start doing this but I'm afraid all it would do is make me realize how little attention animators pay to official character heights

>first anime
Zenki or Daimos

>first manga
Negima Rip OneManga ;___;

>depth
backlog of torrents, small collection of doujins (just under 6gb), 2 detolfs worth of figures, and am already planning next year's chain of cons to attend

>First anime
Dragon ball

>First manga
Midori no hibi

>How deep.
Into cars. Learning the language. Go conventions.
A decent collection of Merch, figs and art books.
Friends lots. Hand full who like the hobby.

It may have not been my first exposure, but it was Robot Carnival back when the SciFi Channel used to show JAPANIMATION overnight. It started this sickening downward spiral.

First Manga was Ranma 1/2. I marathoned all the copies my friend had at his house, and it was a fucking ton.

Pokemon.

Thanks for reminding me of where we are

>anime
Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon or something. Whatever was first in the original Toonami timeslot

>manga
First experience was with American Shonen Jump's 9th issue. I think YYH was first. It was with Yusuke's return to the living world, and the anime wasn't airing yet, so I had no idea why it was so shocking for people to see him

>how far into addiction
Pretty decent, since I have /lit/ shit as a primary focus to reign in my weebshit, but I just transitioned from casually collecting Power Ranger and Kamen Rider figures to buying plastic butts. Was about to order a Galko-chan figure, but got interrupted by seeing Amiami has what looks to be a re-release of a NGNL Shiro figure coming in November. I own plenty of physical manga that I sometimes even buy at retail price at BAM, and I just now got into owning Monster Musume. I also own physical copies of fairly lewd yuri series

>first anime
DBZ
>First manga
Naruto

Robotech, back in 95.

Once you reach 500 you stop counting.

>Japanimation
oldfag as fuck
>starts with Power Rangers, ends with plastic butts and custom onaholes
you'll never escape

>anime
Toss up in a night of Akira, Vampire Hunter D, and Otomo's Memories. i jumped in hard.

>manga
Blade of the Immortal. i was lucky to land issue 1 of the US version

>addiction
not really. modern Japanese culture is kinda soft and wierd, so i gravitate toward hot blood and metal. or, the historical.
--call me insane: i prefer Imperial Japan.

The Military Anime that aren't hiddenSoL/mechamusume wierdness tend to be my field of choice.

>No faggots here

>OH SHIT, IT'S OP

Oh, and I haven't technically lost friends over weebshit, but I have stopped actively meeting new people years ago. That's more e/lit/ism than anything, or otherwise Sup Forums "patrishun" memeing. I do talk about shonenshit with Puerto Ricans at work, because I always feel like other people would be uncomfortable working alongside a silent me, so I pretend to like things other people like. It helps that I do enjoy DBS for shitposting reasons and I unironically find BnHA to be a very fun battle series

>custom onaholes
Didn't say onaholes f.am. I feel like I'd be neglectful in my cleaning. And I've always enjoyed the feel of my dry hand over anything else. Even 3dpd pusi

>Anime

Pokemon/Digimon, but the first one I watched conscious of its japanese origins was probably naruto.

>first manga

Can't remember, probably hunter x hunter in the eighth grade.

I have no merch, no friends either.

Samurai champloo on adult swim

Freesia, i got interested in manga when i started lurking on Sup Forums like 6 years ago, really bad choice for first manga to ever read

>How deep into your addiction are you?
I started paying for everything i watch or read

>first anime
dragonball when I was like 4 or something
though I guess the first that I knew was anime was cowboy bebop or trigun. I don't remember
>first manga
Naruto
>how deep
Today I received a figure of my waifu in the mail. I haven't taken it out of the box, but I have two more figures (of different characters) coming in oct/nov. They're all nendoroid-type figures though so people probably won't think I hot glue them or anything. I don't actually watch that much anime, but the ones I've been watching lately would probably turn off normalfags.

Never change Sup Forums

Probably Speed Racer when I was in elementary school, it wasn't until years later I realized it was anime

Go drive for Uber for a bit. A few shallow conversations with cunty dudes and chicks will probably fill the lonely void in your heart with hate.

>first anime
Lucky Star
>first manga
SGT Frog
>how deep are you
Learning Japanese, collecting multiple series of manga and anime, known as the otaku of my group of friends when we're all otaku.

I don't regret a single moment.

First anime:
Dragón ball. But The anime that triggered my anime autismo was Ranma 1/2

First manga: Ranma 1/2 but the manga that triggered my manga autismo was vídeo girl ai.

I dont like to collect figurines. But I have bikini Nami because I wanted oda signature. Also I have a Sakura card captor figure, it is my most shamed posetion.

>First anime
Pokémon S1
>first manga
Naruto
>how deep
Fifteen years, 1000+ volumes of manga, three figures, one gf.

This fucking guy

First anime:
>be 3
>eastern ukraine born and raised
Sailor Moon, RU dub.
>itty bitty boners were probably had

Or possibly Pokemon, RU dub. Kept watching when I moved state-side.

First manga:
Naruto

>but I just transitioned from casually collecting Power Ranger and Kamen Rider figures to buying plastic butts
>plastic butts
P O S T T H E M
O
S
T

T
H
E
M

>First Anime ever
Probably Speed Racer or Astro Boy (I'm not even that old, I don't know how this came to be)

>First Manga ever
Evangelion

>How Deep

I've just started a manga / ln collection, I have
The Book of Human Insects, Ayako, Black Jack, and Punpun right now, I have about 10 figurines, I've lost some friends because they tried to ridicule me for liking anime, I spent a summer watching upwards of 60 shows through, almost never leaving the house.

It's deep I guess

>Punpun
I've heard so many good things about it, but the book store near me never has the first volume.

>60 shows
>deep
You haven't even watched enough anime to post here.

>first anime
don't remember the actual first since there were tons airing on jetix and toon disney but in middle school i rewatched all of digimon subbed on some anime website (which is where i started actually getting into anime)

>first manga
i'm halfway through the manga of my favorite anime (bokurano)

>how deep
i have like 3 figurines

Shinchan and medabots when I was 8.

The censored version of shinchan though.

Amagami Schutzstaffel
Tsurezure Children
>How deep into your addiction are you (figurines, 100s of mangas, loss of friends, etc.)?
I have spent no money on this and I have no intention of ever spending any money on it. Fuck you.

I spent a single summer.
Can you read at all? I swear this board has gone to shit.
Don't buy it at a store, it's more expensive. Just order it on Amazon. The only brick and mortar I buy manga at is Kinokuniya.

Either DBZ or Gundam Wing. I don't remember what came first.

Probably Uzumaki.

>How Deep
I regularly buy a bunch of weeb/doujin music. I've got hundreds of Japanese CDs now.

I live in Canada. Everything is expensive everywhere.

Well then buy the less expensive one or kill yourself

Leaf here that lives 50km from the middle of buttfuck nowhere Amazon is the only answer.

Probably Pokemon, but it was just another cartoon to me. The first anime I sought out on my own was Trigun, after watching an AMV.

No clue.

I watch SoL and 2deep4u stuff unironically.
Four detolfs of figures.
Go to conventions.
I'm currently planning a 2 hour trip to go see Kizu part 3 at the only theater near me that's playing it.
None of my friends care.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Yu Gi Oh! I think.
>How deep into your addiction are you?
Not that deep. I only own one Bluray a few mangas, and a GITS shirt. My friends make fun of me for watching anime, but eh, whatever.

My Neighbor Totoro

Pet Shop of Horrors

>How deep into your addiction are you
Still a basic bitch for the most part. Still have the same friends I've always had (all two of them), not really into physical merchandise, still a lot of classics I have yet to watch.

>thought Pet Shop of Horrors was a manga adaptation of Little Shop of Horrors at first
>mfw it's not even close to that

It is either Gundam Wing or Blue Submarine No. 6 as the first anime that I truly enjoyed when it was airing on Toonami way back when.

I'm not into manga really, however I did enjoy Blame! and Beserk

I hide my addiction damn well.

>first anime
either one piece or dragon ball z i dont really remember
>first manga
Inuyasha because my school library had them for some reason
>how deep
i read alot of manga and i used to watch alot of anime but nowadays i read manga more than i watch anime

>I hide my addiction damn well
Same, except for when I have to take days off work. There are only so many times you can list "Family issues" before they start to catch on. Now I just tell them the truth and say I'm going to the anime convention in town, but just leave it at that and say nothing further. I thought it'd make me go into super autism mode at work, but nobody treats me differently, and I even got a coworker into Naruto.

Technically, the first I watched knowing it was anime was Akira, back in about 1990, but as a kid, there was stuff like Mysterious Cities of Gold on TV that I loved.

First manga would be Appleseed or Akira.

As for how deep I'm in... 27 years of weebdom and counting is pretty deep, right?

kek I regularly talk about anime movies at work by just calling them "foreign films" and never mentioning that they're animated. I watch a ton of movies in general though, so no one bats an eye.

I was probably way younger than I should have been when I started reading that shit. I used to read them to my younger sister when I was a kid because they were ostensibly "hers" (she liked the covers and got our mom to buy them) and we both got pretty spooked sometimes.

The first and last time I took an Uber was around Christmas, where the driver was a war veteran from Iraq with a degree in bioengineering. Everything was mostly okay until he talked about being redeployed in some arid shithole the following year and how "you never really come back from the war".