Psycho-Pass

Was she actually smoking? We see her with lit cigarettes multiple times but we never see her actually take a drag.

Other urls found in this thread:

webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference#
elitedaily.com/envision/heres-happens-get-caught-weed-japan/1434132/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know, I actually kinda liked S2.

It wasn't as good as S1 by any means, but seeing Akane and Gino's character growth was cool.

Wut

Akane went from "unwaveringly sane" to "unbreakable punching bag" and Gino was just his dad but without any of the charm. And neither showed any character change through the season. They were the same people in e11 they were in e1.

there was a scene where she literally said she doesn't smoke, she just likes the smell

But the smell is the worst part of smoking. What the fuck.

>We see her with lit cigarettes multiple times but we never see her actually take a drag.
In the movie too. I guess holding a lit cigarette reminds her of Kogami every time she face a problem. Like "what would he do in this situation?" thing.

Why do people like this show again?
I just finished the first season, but it was a few notches above "meh."

By the way this show was shoved in my face, I thought this was going to blow my expectations or something, but as far as I can tell, this is pretty average.

I mean, always temper your expectations. Usually if you go into something expecting it to be the greatest thing ever, you'll be disappointed.

I'd say S1 was about an 8, S2 was a 7 for me personally.

S1 she didn't smoke, Kougami did.
S2 she didn't smoke yet either, but had lit cigarettes around since it reminded her of Kougami
And then in S2's post ending credits scene you see she actually started smoking.
And in the Psycho Pass movie you see her smoke.

I
WOULD LIKE TO SHOW YOU

You have to inhale to light the cig but it looks like she doesn't smoke.

Hey does Akane not opting to shoot Shogo with a revolver and Akane not opting to shoot Shogo with a dominator mean that perhaps Shogo had her completely wrong?

Hey Akane has conspicious bandages around her head at the end of the series does that mean anything in a series with brains that can be implanted into lifelike android people?

The smell reminds her of Kogami. Come on user, it was the most obvious thing ever.

YAMERO

I mean she basically experienced a carwreck with no seatbelt and no actual seat, the fact all she needed was bandages is surprising.

Hey Shogo was looking for someone different, but isn't Kogami the same as him?

Say if Shogo had gotten bored of the same old, same old, wouldn't the person he was looking for catch him by surprise?

By say, a fire extinguisher- er, helmet to the head?

No you don't. It certainly helps it catch quicker but straight cigarettes will start burning without inhalation. Maybe hey add different fire prevention chemicals for your country though.

The smell reminds her of Kougami.

She actually starts smoking after Season 2, pic related is from Episode 2, note the cigarettes being upward to just stay lit up and give off the smell.

And end of S2, post-credits scene, she puts out a mostly finished one implying she just smoked it.

You don't need to tell me things I already know, user.

Even at the end he didn't really respect Akane. He was planning to execute her for getting in the way of his game with Kougami after she blew the tire out on the truck he was trying to get away in

Akane is the same as Shogo, the main difference is that she accepts the system's flaws while he doesn't.

Kougami does things according to his own sense of justice, so when he's chasing after Shogo he does so earnestly not just to appease the system. It wouldn't stop until one of them kills the other.

Word of god is that Kougami is a 2nd rate Shogo, he has the charisma to lead but lacks the vision. He's too preoccupied with his own personal code of ethics.

They aren't really the same. They both have low coefficients, but Shogo does because hes a sociopath and Akane does because she just cares about justice too much or something.

My friend actually thinks season 2 was better then season 1.

He also hates Steins;Gate

Well Kougami starts leading that militia in cambodia in the movie

If you accept the theory that Akane is criminally asymptomatic, then she's even closer to Shogo than Kogami, the difference being that she has no interest in being criminal.

>He also hates Steins;Gate
As everyone should. Time travel is always trash. Only time it's acceptable is when it shamelessly doesn't even try to make sense, a trap Steins;Gate falls flat on its face into.

Of course, that's the shit I care about. But that's not what Sup Forums cares about is it? Sup Forums wants to fantasize about the trap and the stupid girl in the memorable outfit and laugh at everyone's ridiculous distinctly non-human behaviour... but I digress...

S;G is fantastic fuck off

I guess Sybil DID offer Akane membership into the system

>capitalized greentext
>...
>the garbage you posted in general
How about you go back to your own shitty board.

Did he execute her?

DUDE

JUSTICE

LMAO

In essence a sociopath and a empathetic person are the same. They understand the emotions of others on almost an intuitive level.

It's what they choose to do that makes them what they are.

The smell of it reminded her of her detective husbando and helped her think.

What's fantastic about it? It's fucking shallow chuuni shit.

Should I even watch s2? I liked DtB s2 more than s1, for the record.

Kougami is the justice guy. He can't let a crime go unpunished. Akane's morals are much more transcendent than that, that's the whole point of the show.

Isn't that more like, vengeance?

>lead character of s2 and the movie
Take a wild guesd

Sociopaths don't have empathy, same as psychopaths. It's just that sociopaths have some vestiges of humanity while psychopaths are basically robots.

webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference#

Justice and vengeance are the same thing. It's why Urobuchi has a hateboner for it.

I share the same opinion. I'm still sad about this fucker though

Akane stepping up as a leader was the only thing I sort of liked about season two. Everything else felt kind of watered down.

I wish he had gotten a backstory episode like Yayoi.

Him and the redhead NEET both needed backstory episodes, at least the neet didn't die.

When do we get to see Mika die painfully?

I feel like my biggest problem with season two was that the conflict was pretty much the same, except the most interesting characters all lost their interesting counterpart.

Akane didn't have Shinya to play off of. Gino didn't have his father. And the villain felt like Makishima lite.

>capitalized greentext
You know greentext is used to quote too, right? Fucking retard, try harder.

So what's next for Psycho-Pass? What can they do for S3?

DUDE

SYBIL SYSTEM

LMAO

His backstory would have been hard. He says he's been a latent criminal since he was 5.

Pretty sure its over

I would've liked a glimpse of what it was like seeing him deal with the system as a child though.

Who /Yayoi/ here. I wanted more of her.

Is there a name for what Akane has then?

We'd call Shogo a psycopath but what's in Akane's head that makes her asymptomatic but have a sense of morals and ethics?

Who?

It probably looked like a grey wall but i get you

The lesbian who got an entire ep to herself

There is one good episode of S2, and that's the one where Gino punches a robot. Rest is either boring or unintentionally hilarious.

In real language, no. The issue is that "criminal" in the Psycho-Pass universe is defined by a certain psychological diagnostic criteria that does not correspond to any real life disorder. Essentially, a criminal in Psycho-Pass isn't defined by the fact that they commit crime, but rather it's an invented mental illness. As such, Akane is still criminally asymptomatic, in that she shows no symptoms of the "criminal mental disorder."

I dropped S2 in the episode where the enforcers killed every hostage escaping from the store and Akane got pissed at them.

It made decent money, the staff all want to continue making more. The problem is probably the butcher being too busy.

cigarettes are illegal in japan so no

Well I certainly wouldnt say no

What in the world are you talking about

cigarettes are illegal in japan

...no they aren't.
Japan smokes more than many if not most countries on earth.

No.
No they are not.

yes, cigarettes are illegal in japan. you get like 5 years in jail for it.

elitedaily.com/envision/heres-happens-get-caught-weed-japan/1434132/

I can't tell if your an idiot or a very strange clickbait shill.

>cigarettes
>weed
DUDE LMAO

Are you for real right now

I honestly cant tell

>Japan smokes more than many if not most countries on earth.
not really. stop letting japan pop culture twist your perception of japan.

go to japan and try to vape a cigarette. youll go to jail.

Ok, you got me. Consider me trolled. You win.

>mostly finished

Wasn't it shown that Akane just lights them for the smell of Kogami? She doesn't actually smoke them.

Someone said by the movie she is actually smoking them

What the fuck, this sounds worse than I feared

I feel like they had potential with Mika, to have Akane play off her, but for whatever reason, they just decided to have Akane ignore her antics.

Honestly, I thought Mika was a lot of wasted potential. I thought her character arc could have been neat, basically Akane without a spine who eventually just completely submits to Sybil instead of vowing to destroy it eventually. But in the end it didn't really go anywhere and nothing was resolved. The worst she got was the girl she had a crush on vowed she would never forgive the one who caused Akane's grandma's death with Mika knowing she was that person.

Akane is cute.

I need that webm of Akane's boob bounce in the movie. Now

It wasn't bad. It just didn't improve on the original, and most of the characters got a bit worse. It was pretty good IMO, but it'll always be overshadowed by S1.
I also liked the movie

why do i not see best girl yayoi?

Anal sex with Yayoi.

No, Shogo is a psychopath but that has nothing to do with his hue. Criminally asymptomatic has no real world analog, and basically only applies to the Sybil system. It means the system cant classify you. There are other psychopaths with black hues, and I believe Akane is just a good person who happens to be criminally asymptomatic.

>except the most interesting characters all lost their interesting counterpart.
The first season didn't have interesting characters a lot of them were just as dull and irrelevant

>Why do people like this show again?
Butcher. Literally that's it. Second season is EXACTLY like the first beat to beat including the incredibly stupid tweest and villains and bad animation but because Butcher wasn't behind it its okay to call it complete shit

Yeah, I think Mika should have been given a more prominent character arc than the obvious Shinya stand-in.

Well, theres always season 3.

If we get a season 3, an user in this thread said the team wants to do more.

I'm honestly really glad Sup Forums is talking about this series.

Did anyone else here really hate Texhnolyze?

>Second season is EXACTLY like the first beat to beat
But that's what a lot of people critique about it though. It's just recycling the conflict that we had in the first season without really doing enough new things with it.

Makishima's shtick is that he embodied what made the system flawed and he flaunted it to people who had built their lives around it, and the new villain is just basically more of that.

Best boy was dead so s2 sucked regardless.

Only character I gave a shit about. And professor.

nice

Did nobody complain about Kougami missing in S2 because he was a shit character or was it something else? It sure as shit isn't that the new characters were so great we forgot about him.

I liked it too although it was boring at times.

The villain was pretty decent but what bothered me was that at the end when he could've destroyed Sibyl he instead killed himself for no reason whatsoever. It made no sense why he didn't just destroy Sibyl and get it over with.

It felt like they needed to write some crap to make sure he doesn't win.

Well it was impossible for him to appear considering he had to go on the run at the end of S1.

And I believe the movie was already in the works while S2 was being made, so they couldn't use him for it.

>And professor.
Not gonna lie, the way he's supposedly able to tell that Akane has a close relationship with her grandmother just by looking at her makes me irrationally angry.