What's the main problem with geothermal?

What's the main problem with geothermal?

MUH OIL
MUH ECONOMY
MUH JEW BUX

Ya but what do "they" say about it that makes it seem (or actually is) impossible

You need there to be accessible geothermal vents. From there you need a way to store that energy or transport it. Its terrible on water consumption and the pumps need an external source to power them

Does it matter? If (((they))) don't want it then it's not possible. The moment oil magically vanishes and their monopoly on it watch how geothermal suddenly becomes the way of life.

Hydroelectric is better and now our power grid basically runs on liberal tears

If this turns into a Trump thread I swear to God...

Tends to be a trickle of power compared to conventional means as I understand it.

Also, often costly initial investment, lots of maintenance and thermal vents aren't exactly easily accessible a lot of the time.

can cause earth fissures (broken buildings) and even earthquakes - if they hit an underground river for example.

This guy fucks. Geothermal is okay where it can be accessed but it can't be used by the entire world.

What? You're telling me we have the power to cause earthquakes and fissures and we aren't doing it?

Iceland should give it a go

We are doing it a lot.
Wherever we are doing underground mining - especially fracking - this stuff happens.
For example Groningen in the Netherlands often suffers from Earthquakes whenever they pump natural gas.

Why would bringing up our glorious hydroelectric system turn this into a trump thread?

You can only build it in seismically active areas, near volcanoes for example.

Aside from that its great.

>What's the main problem with geothermal?
It prevents big oil jews from earning their money

In BC we have tonnes of geothermal vents with easy access to external power and lots of water. Enough to power the entire province.

The main problem why we don't bother is.....

we also have access to unlimited amounts of hydro power, and since we already damned the rivers building new dams doesn't really have any downsides (muh fertile valley in bc are retards)

Most geothermal is in the parks and would require frakking so liberals would object. Near vancouver the best locations are too risky to frak due to being an earthquake zone

They already have. ~25% of the electricity comes from geothermal.

Hey it's someone else from BC. Rare encounter right there to find two of us in a thread

I swear to fuck all the greenie "muh fertile valley" fags are opposed to any kind of energy. They haven't left the city and think we could just run BC on solar and unicorn farts. Hydro is still the absolute best source of power for BC and don't let the hippie fags tell you otherwise. If we still had the good party who built most of the dams in the first place in power it wouldn't cost as much either though what these faggots fail to tell you is we have the third lowest power bill. It actually used to be the lowest in North America in the SoCred era so that shows you what hydroelectric can really do

White countries use geothermal heating for houses

neat

I saw a really fast moving tiny stream next to the highway on the way to Tofino with a little turbine.

Apparently the guy just owns that tiny stream and makes bank. No environmental issues (fish can't swim up cliffs and sediment goes right through).

even with dams and stuff the small risks to fish are the least environmental concerns out of all power generating options

How does one sell power privately though? Didn't think one could really do that

It just pipes back into the grid and a little meter on the side of your house tells you how much has come in and gone out.

Had a geothermal system, it really wasn’t that great. Maybe if you have exact laboratory perfect conditions, but it’s not one size fits all. Mine was on the coast, maybe it works better in utopia