Cowboy Bebop

Can we discuss this show please? I just watched it and the ending broke my heart.

There's a lot of themes and amazing music and stuff. Did you find anything notable about it, or did it affect you in some way?

Loved it, I have the entire series on blu ray

Spork spagel is my favorite character in all the animes.

Is there any cool special features on the blu ray? I have the dvd boxset and it just has commentaries and an Ein little special.

Did he at least manage to kill that guy and his cat?

>you'll have to haul that load
>bye, marine florist

This show made me start smoking.

Entry level, etc etc.

But yeah, it's one of my all time favorites and I rewatch the dub every 6 years or so. The pacing, music, art, voice acting and direction are just so good. It feels like a masterclass on how to make a damn good television program, period.

>best episode
Jupiter Jazz

>worst episode
Mushroom Samba

Worst episode is definitely Boogie Woogie Feng Shui.

>Can we discuss this show please?
We've been discussing it for the last 15 years. It's time to move on.

t was good. We need more shows in space.

Generally our threads here about start off with "When did it become cool to hate Cowboy Bebop?" So yeah, that should tell you how it's usually discussed here. It is a great show though, one of the greatest anime series ever.

>we

What makes CB special? It think it's direction. Main story is rather cheesy. But it's directed so right that the melodrama feels just natural.

The ending was perfect, Spike did exactly what he needed to do, then it ended. Ended with a way to say, this is the end, there's no more story here. My only regret about the last episode is that Ed didnt show back up.

Honestly I prefer the sub, I realize why the dub is good, but prefer the japanese voice actors.

It's the fact that the characters are not a bunch of annoying and/or melodramatic high school kids hung up on bullshit that no one cares about. I finally realized how tired I am of high school shit while rewatching this, it's like a fucking oasis I swear.

it's babby's first animu

It made me realise that I'll never escape my past and suffering of existence, that I'll need to carry whatever weight life throws at me. Damn you, space cowboy, why were you so true to life? One of the most melancholic shows I ever watched during my childhood, together with Hey Arnold.

>mfw people who say Bebop is entry level are newshits who didn't even watch it

>Do I fit in yet, guys?

I doubt he got the cat. How the fuck would he track down a cat?

Saying Bebop is entry level is like saying Mozart is entry level. Sometimes entry level is the highest peak.

most reliable gun in space

I was lucky enough to watch it years ago, before Sup Forums was a thing, so there was no-one to spoil it for me. One of the two or three shows that hooked me on anime. I also played it for a friend - we marathoned it one weekend. I still remember him standing up at the end and shouting 'NO!' at the TV.

I forget that's part of the show sometimes.

Spacy Danny is pretty good.

>no slide safety
Not spess gun / 10 would not bang

Was it? Didn't bother with it cause it looked lame and the dudes hair is fuckin stupid. Might look into it later.

I rarely remember that it's part of the show

Thank god I'm not the only one this stupid

>Mushroom Samba
Fuck you, that one was amazing.

Well. Watched it about 15 years ago for the first time. I was 12 and altough finding it quite entertaining I never watched the whole series.

Time skip to two months ago, when I got Netflix (yeah bit late but whatever). Binge watched it in a couple of days. I can't get myself together since then. I can say it's the best anime I've ever seen and probably the best show. Almost cried when it ended and overall started feeling a huge melancholy I've never felt before. So now basically I have the whole OST downloaded and listen to it everyday and get very heavy bittersweet feels. I'll never be the same after CB.

Agree with you, even though that goodbye with Faye was way too heartbreaking (well the whole final scene from that point releases the manly tears). They know how to make you feel.

Regarding dubs vs subs, I think it depends on where you live. I live in Italy and can say that even though I don't dislike subs, voice actors here are real artists and make dubs very very enjoyable. At least they're better than japanese dubbers

Love it. Own it on DVD, blu-ray (both JP and US collector's edition), and even LaserDisc (for the awesome cover art on the sleeves).

One of my favourites, a great series to rewatch

only jetfags remember it

All the Jet episodes are fucking great. The worst episode if Mushroom Samba.

>Entry level, etc etc.
I hate people who say this. Especially since basically I've never heard anyone mention or discuss the show's deeper themes. If it's so basic and entry level why don't any of you fags get it?

Reminder that
Space Dandy>Cowboy Bebop
Space Dandy OST>Cowboy Bebop OST

One of the few anime you could even consider recommending to normies. that and ping pong. While the story is kinda cheesy they never overdo it or come across as pretentious.

I wish there were more good anime out there.

it IS entry level though.

If you want to get someone into anime you start by showing them something great. So you show them GitS, Akira, Bebop and whatever else you think they might like.
Entry level doesn't mean it's bad, it means it's so well made it can be enjoyed by almost everyone.

Space Dandy is great, but a lot of it is fucking boring. Bebop characters interact with each other less, yet they're still far more interesting to watch than Dandy's crew.

That episode fucked me up when I was young.

It's good and probably one of the most universally appealing shows ever made, but the overarching plot is overall the worst part. Spike's gf exists for the sole purpose of getting killed for him to have his lame revenge plot that I never found that satisfying. I love the music though.

Spike's arc was never that interesting on it's own, how they showed it was what made it entertaining

felt kinda boring most of the time