Why do they build mobile suits with heads?

Why do they build mobile suits with heads?

Its where the vision shit is in.

G Gundam and IBO are the only series where it makes sense to have a head since in G the pilots sync up their movement with it and in IBO they have a neural link.

With this logic should they just be innocuous cylinders with weapons attached, a la some shitty show?

Because it looks cool.

Why do they even need hands and legs? Why not fixed guns and threads?

To kiss them.

You forgot the picture.

You haven't spent a lot of time around engineers.
If they could reasonably justify a dick canon to the company, they'd put it on everything.

It's more familiar to the human pilot

Yes?

In UC, AC and CE they're anti-aircraft turrets

In IBO I guess it's because of the neural link thing, which would make it feel super fucking weird to pilot something that doesn't have a head.

Intimidation. Giant robot i the shape of a person looks really scary to civilians and enemies; without a head it'd lose intimidation points

I would think a giant robot with a missing head would be pretty fucking scary. Imagine some one armed headless heavily damaged robot just walking towards you, like some freak of nature that can't be stopped.

Barbie or rather all mechs in IBO deserved better.

Cameras

Like this?

sensor suites

cute

>mobile suit
>suit
>something to wear
Basically the robot is supposed to have or is close to a human anatomy so that the pilot can move properly. If you don't want a head on it then just ride a fucking mobile armor.

>mobile suits for work
>mobile armor for battle

Every single giant robot should have guns in their heads, it just makes so much sense and its cool as shit.

get out of here, Gunther

>shitty show

This. I mean, it might not make sense based on the enemy power level (see Demonbane), but head guns just look cool.

Cameras and vulcans

>cylinder
>that
Do you need to repeat preschool?

IBO is cancer

Not to mention the V fins serve as communications antennae, and with those things you'd want them to be as high up as possible.

How do you explain the Ball?

Hey guy, all I'm saying is that the block made it through the hole, I ain't making any promises if it's the right shape or not.

Gundams are originally based on Samurai Armor and the helmets are too iconic to just cut them.

Also:

Camera
Vulcans
Cool factor

Mechashit is fucking cancer. Literally the dumbest anime genre even below haremshit.

Even then putting all your sensors in one obvious place is completely retarded. Head is the most vulnerable part of human body. It's like giving your weapon an incredibly obvious weak point.

I will forever be mad that that shitty blonde bitch didn't suffer and die.

Because the coolest looking one always wins

>tfw you think this looks cooler than most mecha

It really does. HO really has the least retarded giant robots and that alone makes them cooler than oversized plastic toys the likes of Gundams are.

Does it have enough guns?

Not all the sensors are there. If the UC is anything to go by, the head only has the "main camera".
You can still operate the mobile suit without it.

Making heads is for communication antenna, targeting sensors, Identification friend or foe, Radar, Close in weapon system against missiles.

For me, I like either super robot, where all logic is discarded and it's just fun to be fun, or as practical looking as possible. No heads, sturdy legs and body, little resemblance to humanoids.

How many examples of mechas continuing to fight without head exist? Because every single time I remember destroying the head stops it.

Pretty much this. If your humanoid mecha is more than a 3m tall battlesuit it already throws all logic and sense out of the window so it's pointless to pretend it's a feasible weapon.

The original Mobile Suit Gundam, for example. Last shooting is a pretty iconic scene and has been copied in a few other shows.

The Zeta did for a bit I think in ZZ? I just remember it losing it's head and ending up with a Zaku one.

Budget working suit.

Yeah but it's nowhere near the "close to a human anatomy" thing that user was suggesting. It's only a ball torso, has no head, no legs, it's hands are just claws instead of full blown hands with fingers. Nothing about it is remotely close.

Because where else would they put the V fins?

Heh, can confirm