/k/ do you really think civilians should be allowed to own a Barret 50 cal? Seems a bit overkill don't you think?

/k/ do you really think civilians should be allowed to own a Barret 50 cal? Seems a bit overkill don't you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Bradley
youtu.be/YaQI8g4NJoI?t=41s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If I want to buy a fucking nuke from my local fast food joint its my choice and my money you fucking commie

In terms of legal big boy rounds the .50 is fucking nothing. 20mm is bae.

Sure it's overkill, but so are monster trucks and 5 pound burgers.

Now get the fuck out of here you dirty commie.

Yes they should, now stop being a faggot

>he doesn't hunt engine blocks
Stay pleb.

No, I think we should buy anything we fucking like, if you're not a criminal.

If we lived in a recreational ancap world we would probably have antimatter chrono bombs or someshit given the power of hyper capitalism.

And half of the earth would be ashes but humanity would have colonies in space so it would be okay.

I just don't think military hardware should fall into civillian hands, just because a bunch of spoiled white guys want to go out and play soldier with their BMG's and Punisher stickers.

We might as well be Somalia while we're at it.

Are you the same faggot who started Sage and gay. Stop gaslighting

Try killing yourself, then all these worries will go away.

Why should the government be allowed to have it?

at close range someone unprotected is just as dead if hit by a 223. It also isnt a high explosive. I dont get the "too powerful" argument.

and if you have a backstop, which you should always have, .50 cal is only more dangerous to your savings(and maybe shoulder)

Fuck off commie.

Why do you hate fun?

user, can you tell me what .30-06 (arguably the most popular hunting round just in front of .308) is? Might as well tell me about .308 while you're at it.

Are you the same faggot who made the "hurrrrrr why buy ARs they aren't practical" thread earlier today? Neck yourself.

>military hardware
so I guess rip GPS'

>b-but muh scary black fully auto assault rifle.
private companies should have every right to sell to civilians the same tech that they sell to militaries, unless its obvious shit like CCI.
If HK wants to sell a civilian 416 better than what most 416 other militaries have, then thats their choice. Its a civilian model so its not "military hardware"

You make good points civilians probably shouldn't have guns at all if the argument is just "Well these smaller calibers can also kill people so...."

The type of people that can afford to buy and feed a Barrett typically aren't the type of people to be violent criminals.

Cool, petition congress to void the Bill of Rights. Good luck.

There is no such thing as overkill, only open fire and reload.

If the US army can spend a trillion dollars in a plane, i can have a Barret 50.cal

>overkill
git out

Why do they let Brady campaign faggots shitpost here in the first place?

SHALL

It's getting closer everyday so I don't really need to write a letter haha

I don't remember saying anything like that so...I'm just gonna say not an argument

imagine drive-by shootings and gas station robberies with the barret. Would be epic to witness

>I just don't think military hardware should fall into civillian hands
How about military software? Do you think we shouldn't have access to the internet too?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_Bradley

New patrol car to "keep you safe"

>stop doing stuff I personally don't approve of
Not an argument either, try again

>getting closer everyday
hundreds of people at a concert got shot and what happened?
shouldn't you try baiting Sup Forums with this weak shit

You're a good troll, but why aren't you using your intelligence to make the board a better place.

Are you kidding? You'd be a FAR less effective person trying to lug that behemoth around. It's a range toy, or very stationary position toy.
A heavy 50cal only makes sense in certain military or pure fun applications.

>lmao your days are numbered, give it up rednecks!
>I never said "give it up rednecks!" Not an argument!
Man, the Sup Forums falseflagging and libshit invasion sure has gotten blatent lately.

Fuck off.

Shit trip.

friendly reminder that pic related is banned in Sweden because its a military rifle.

In spite of Sandy Hook and Vegas, gun freedoms have managed to improve in America. There's never going to be another AWB short of something ridiculous happening.

I think you're lost. David Brock pays you to troll Sup Forums not /k/

As if criminals, by their nature, are law abiding

Never said redneck, and I don't think the 2nd amendment is just for hunting, what's up with the strawmaning, or am I getting trolled?

nigga B like "civilians" an sheet. Read the Constitution; Nigga!

or maybe stop babysitting and let people have fun with whatever they want to as long as its safe to themselves and their surroundings

which firearms certainly are, more so than say badminton or ice fishing

Poor showing

Bull shit

>obvious bait dumb nig nogs actually reply to
how depressing.
saged and reported.

So your saying you've read it, and you still want to ignore it?

Then why does /k/ flip it's shit when people ask for gun reform when "It'll never happen"?

Seems like these kinds of responses only pop up to deflect

Concealed carry is mostly shall issue now, CC reciprocity is going to get passed, suppressors are getting taken off the NFA, scary black rifles are cheap and plentiful, and gun ownership is at an all time high.

So we should just lay back and say, "Yeah, okay, whatever"?

Seems like a good way to lose your rights, buddy.

HA HA HA

I have plans to buy one kike.

the answer to any "do you really think civilians should be allowed to own X?" question is "doesnt the US military have something to which this is a counter"

So we should just sit quietly while others push for more gun control? That's a good way to allow more gun control to easily pass

No I just think making fun of black people is a pretty weak response as an argument

So then you both agree it's a strong possibility?

No. It's never going to happen because the support for gun rights is so high, you fucking retard. Of course once people stop caring, the Dems will push whatever they can through.

FUCK OFF OP

Mmmmmmm....I think gun control has been a pretty huge issue and will stay a huge issue. Also I hardly think shitposting on /k/ counts as "Standing up for gun owners rights"

>the only place a person on /k/ can voice their support for less gun control is on /k/
i want some of what you're smoking

I’ve long wanted a recreational anti material rifle. Why shouldn’t I have one you fucking fascist?

You're right user. Thank you for taking the time to come to a weapons board and changing my mind. No one should have any guns at all

SHALL

If the concern is reducing needless deaths overall then I would look to pools and privately owned motor vehicles first.

What if he is black you racist fuck?

I just said guns like Anti-Material Rifles, people treated it like I was say >all gunz and said "Well all guns can kill what's the difference!?"

I dunno about you but I find that a pretty flimsy arguement, if you want a firearm to protect yourself, your home and family, hunt, or competition shooting, yeah sure more powet to you but I think using the 2nd amendment as an excuse to own what ultimately ends up as a toy to whip out for your buddies and youtube videos is pretty shameful.

So the concern is less so the perceived danger of anti material rifles and more so that you don’t like how other people spend their free time, ergo ban that shit.

Underrated

Fuck you, I'll buy whatever range toys I want you filthy communist. Eat shit.

They are dangerous and also unnecessary, I just bring up those points because that is the only arguement I get for why civies should have them. "Just to have fun!" Isn't a very good arguement, when I bring that up I only get "You just hate fun!" or "You just want to ban all guns you libcuck!"

It just seems I dunno juvenile or petty maybe a bit of both, oh well.

None of it is overkill. Civilians need to be able to easily own the equivalent of what their military is equipped with.

Again, why are you not going after cars and pools first since they statistically are responsible for way more injury and death annually? If anti material rifles were an actual problem like you say they are, the statistics would reflect that, yet they don't. I personally think that motorcycles are dangerous and unnecessary, should I be pushing for those to be banned too?

Where's my predator drones Trump!!!!?

we've been having this exact same thread again and again for over a decade

What if my family is threatened by a hostile bulldozer?

>Allowed
Get out you fucking commie pinko fagaroni

>Are you the same faggot
My very thought. And I actually posted a thoughtful, serious response to that thread. Fuck me, I guess.

If you think thats a good idea I support you right to, like I said just because other things are just as dangerous doesnt mean thats a good argument for why anti-material rifles should be legal.

It is a good argument as to why they should be legal, because they're verifiably not a problem. Legislation is supposed to be made off of actual problems, not people's irrational fears. I could ask why people are allowed to own sports cars when they go too fast and can cause greater injury. I could ask why people are allowed to own TVs above a certain size when there's the possibility that they could fall on someone and crush them. I could even demand that peanuts be banned because their very existence is a threat to those with peanut allergies, but these are all non-issues and therefore there is no legislation against them. If the basis for banning things was "why not?" instead of "why should we?" then most things would be illegal and we would already be living in padded cells because everything is on some level dangerous and someone is undoubtedly going to be afraid of it. It's called being a rational human being and leaving people to their devices because they're not affecting you.

Jumping in here...

You've got this backwards, the question isn't, "why should anti-material rifles and motorcycles be legal?" the question is, "why should anti-material rifles and motorcycles be ILLEGAL?"

And the only answer to that, that I can think of, is some variation of, "For the Greater Good!" ie, nanny-statism. Which, personally, I don't believe has a moral, ethical or legal leg to stand on.

tl;dr banning things because they're spooky makes life not fun.

Allowed? I guess but the price should remain high enough to prevent any random hick or nog from owning one.

Exactly hard drugs should be legal as well let's just all have a good time right? Don't let the goverment coddle us!

I know you're trying to be sarcastic but yes. They should be legal for precisely that reason.

It's weird how pro gunz people start becoming libertarians when bringing up arguments for guns, just saying.

You realize that in the day you could order cocaine, opium, morphine, cannabis, and just about any other chemical compound you can imagine shipped to your door from the Sears & Roebuck catalog, right? This would have coincided with one of the most productive periods in our history.

I'm a straight sober guy, by the way, I'm not trying to justify some bad habit of mine and I'm not a fan of recreational drug use, I just don't see any ethical grounds for using a state monopoly on martial power to enforce my idea of what's right and best for people.

>hear purring
What a wonderful thread that must have been

youtu.be/YaQI8g4NJoI?t=41s

U wot m8?

I'm libertarian through and through. Shit, son, /k/ practically taught me libertarianism.

I was always libertarian. Being in favor of gun rights while simultaneously being in favor of authoritarian tendencies seems contradictory to me.

Why, to quite literally annihilate the machinery of oppression. Have a problem with that, Sup Forums?

>Exactly hard drugs should be legal as well let's just all have a good time right? Don't let the goverment coddle us!
I'd be okay with that only if we got rid of all welfare programs at the same time

Has anyone made a 30mm rifle?

>suppressors off NFA
Literally dead.

>military hardware

it would be in your best interest to not use "military grade" as a selling point

inb4 behoove

>pic related is banned in Sweden

What law is that?

Fuck the mods

why are legit k posts being moved to pol

Hey you're a psyop nigger aren't you? Some nigger is picking helicopters out of the sky over on the West Coast with .50 BMG and kablam! You're here talking shit about 22mm jr.

I think most americans should register their guns, did you know they litterally have to look at a microfilm to find the gun owners, and they can only trace people if it a bankrupt store? They have to litterally ask walmarts and shit if they shoot bought a gun there cause they got no record if the gun shop is open. Even if the gun shop has record digitally, they have to print them out and put in a microfilm to search them