GTFO

GTFO
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/amp/virginia-tech-student-arrested-after-trying-5-000-rounds-ammo-n842951?__twitter_impression=true

>Virginia Tech
>Asians
Hmmm I'm seeing a pattern

>Court documents say he had an assault rifle and attempted to buy 5,000 round of ammunition. The arrest report says that Zhao possessed or transported an assault firearm while not being a citizen of the United States. The documents say he has family in China and had been in the area for six months as a Virginia Tech student.

slants really don't like v-tech for some reason.

So why dont they do that in LA? Every other gang banger us an illegal with a gun?

crater face insectoid

If he had been a citizen, it would’ve been kosher. Stupid rich kids of chink officials. This ain’t Chyna.

V-tech just kicked in yo

>/amp/
Why don't you take your own advice, phonefag?

so its illegal to buy ammo now?

Another Virginia Tech Asian shooter?

Yeah I thought it was just Commifornia that was making laws for ammo.

More like virgin tech am I right

He's not a fucking citizen and he's buying more rounds at once than all but preppers with disposable income buy; read more thoroughly.

if you're a slant eyed non citizen

Only US citizens can buy firearms and ammo. He was a Chinese citizen

For him, yes. Read the article.

Those motors will pull a premium before race war.

underrated

When you buy $5000 worth of ammo it's probably standard to be put on some ATF list. Just like the bank is required to notify the IRS of anyone withdrawing more than $10k from their bank account at one time

That's actually not true. Permanent residents can buy firearms as well.

>When you don't win the Robotics competition

its in blackburg, which is a relatively isolated and desolate (apart from the college) town in the west mountain region of Virginia. Not sure about the general atmosphere of the school per se but I am familiar with the region. The people I know who went there were generally either (1) dedicated nerds who couldn't afford out-of-state; (2) beltway bandits who went there because they couldn't get into UVA. The area is redneck lite (although the folk from there will claim otherwise because when you have nothing going for you but the whole "where's my country gone?/concrete jungle", yu got to play up the cards you have). In any event I imagine it be a tough place for a non-virginian (let alone a non-american student) to go. You'd be stuck between an entitled class of students (rigid frat/soro social scene) that you cannot engage socially, and a group of wana-be-hillbillies who would undoubtedly view your presence as merely indicative of a negative progression that sits at the center of their general identity/ideology. Apart from that, the only other social scene would be type-a folk who don't care about socializing. Foreign students would be better off at a school near a metropolis.

He was neither.

No shit. What a dumbass. If anyone tried to buy that much ammo in one shot, any respectable gun or ammo dealer should notify the cops, particularly someone that looks as shady as that. Having said that, is it illegal to buy bulk ammo in VA?

Gun shops can and will discriminate for any reason.

That's way less than $5000 worth of ammo. Tula is like 200 for 1000 rounds.So he spent probably about a grand to $1200.

Poor guy. I would've spent all my time playing vidya and become socially isolated

Yea, that's my take as well. The gun shops where I've bought weapons don't fuck around, and take their responsibility seriously.

>Better off in a metropolis?

Not in NoVA. NOONE is better off in NOVA. Everybody wants to commit suicide in that god awful place

dumb desu. this guy could have had a good time with his ar and 5000 rounds of 556 and gone back to china and told his friends how great freedom is. now the opposite will happen.

Yeah Virginia is a pretty weird state - I attribute it to social cues that are uncommon implicit.

I agree that NOVA would not be particularly well suited for foreign students, but it would be considerably better than the western region. Its true that most Virginian's complain about the region outside of dc. So much so that revealing that your from there can be a social taboo in certain circles. Grew up there, used to be pretty country-like but heavily old money (very land n' gentry). New money families began moving in around the 98 mark. From there its become considerably more urbanized and progressive.

I spent my college/graduate school years trying to find a new place to live (particularly in the south). After graduate school I return (primarily due to the fact that a job opportunity fell through). When I returned, I realized that despite the shortcomings of my community, I still feel at home in the area. Have long standing friends who I grew up with around here, family, landed a nice job. I can understand why people don't like the area, but I think a lot of the negative publicity is overdone. I've lived in every part of Virginia (barring the far west past Roanoak), at the end of the day each region has its negatives.