Negima/UQ Holder

Where were you when the boring tsundere won the Negibowl?

Eh, who cares after so many years, I'm more interested who Konoka and Setsuna married to get such clone grandkids.

That's a Red Herring, I'm 101% sure.

He obviously liked Asuna.

are you a brainlet?

they were an obvious yuri-pairing.

Been so long since I've read negima.

She was the one with the computer skill, correct?

Best girl

Yeah. She's also the one that stayed with Negi when he acquired Evangeline's dark art.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Negima almost literally beat you over the head with the fact that Asuna is his spiritual onee-san.
He even tells Asuna which girl he likes and her reaction makes it plain as day its not her.

It's bad enough their disturbing bastard child Touta exists at all.

Oh did she win the bowl? Nice.

not confirmed yet. could be confirmed (or not) in the next chapter.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first page in the next chapter is like

>Chisame-san, have you seen X?

It was confirmed in an interview in the Negima Box booklet.

However, Chamo does say Negi's crush "at this time," so either Chisame will turn him down because she can't be honest to save her life, or it won't last.

really? chisame confirmed?

my, that's a true surprise.

>or it won't last.
I mean considering he's fucking dead

Its been so long since I read Negima, but what reasoning makes it so that he likes her over the tons of other girls?

He spent lots of time with her on Mars and she supported him during really important times. She's also the one who slaps Negi out of his demonic form if you recall.

Well Akamatsu revealed it like half a year ago, so I can't remember where I was.

No, Asuna, like Nodoka and Yue was on the clear list of "it wasn't her" at the end of Negima.

Chisame was the girl he liked at the end of Negima. But having said that, it doesn't mean they got together.

Because Ken can't contain his violent tsundere boner.

I will never not be furious that Nodoka didn't win, but Ken is an insectoid-race faggot that gets aroused by women violently repulsed by him since its all he's ever known.

WHY WORST GIRL ALWAYS WINS

WHY

I mean the guy is married so presumably he's known more than tsun

>Will never see the story of how Natsumi prevailed over other girls and won the Kotarobowl

I was kind of hoping it would be Yotsuba that Negi had a one-sided crush on, seeing how she helped him through some big decisions.

Didn't he speak to her literally once

Isn't because she followed Kotarou to the magic world in the ending?

Wasn't Chisame the one who constantly posted nudes online?

Just a friendly reminder that Negimaru is canon.

It makes perfect sense really. It's the standard "fantastic person chooses the normal one" shtick only even stronger.
>Negi(The Fantasy)
>Most of the class(The Normal)
>Chisame(The One Who Rejects the Fantasy)

>Will never see the story of how Natsumi prevailed over other girls and won the Kotarobowl
We will never get a story how Setsuna and Konoka travelled all over the Earth and magical world in a spaceship to make the world better place and have crazy adventures while being stalked by crazy girl who wants to bang Setsuna, and all of that ended in England when they married in 2017, and after long years of scientific and magical cloning they finally got their own kids at their later stage in life but they made them their grandkids due to massive age difference and we see them now in UQ Holder as Touta Konoe siblings.

Best yuri adventure manga happened off-screen.

How could it be canon if the character design is based on the shitty Shaft anime?

They went on an adventure larger than the one in the summer.

>Larger than the destruction of the magic world

What the fuck did they get involved in?

Narutaki Sluts

They were the worst out of the whole class.

They weren't anything at all other than essentially non-existent.

They married Negi.

>All of the slice-of-life shit that was completely skipped

I will never not be mad.

She also stabbed and killed him but- oh

>Negi literally had the chance at a harem ending with two cute girls who would have been absolutely okay with sharing him and each other.
>He turned them down

I realize that there are lots of great girls, many of which were top tier but Nodoka and Yue were both definitely top tier, and at a certain point Quantity + Quality should beat out Quality alone.

>Implying he didn't get the Chachamaru/Chisame harem instead

and he picks that boring tsundere of all people over them

How did we go from this to did someone lop off her tits?

Chisame did not win, she will reject Negi or tell him to grow older.

is still her true ending.

This patched botch job is a shitshow, Ken should have just swerved everyone and let Konoka win.

>Kotaro gets the shittiest Mahora
>when he has Chizuru, Ayaka and the cheerleaders after his knot
(lol he fucked up

You can be a neet and a housewife at the same time.

The flashback is in middle school.
is from the epilogue 7 years later.

Fuck it, I'm going to read Negima again. I love this series too much.

When's the next UQ chapter?

In UQ Holder timeline they didn't. Seeing that picture in Negima, they too rather didn't, it would be quite OOC to make Setsuna first rejecting Negi and go for Konoka and Konoka fightning with that blonde glasses girl for Setsuna just to give up on that and marry Negi in some pseudo triangle, where negi clearly knows they don't love him like that.

In UQ Holder Negi became infertile overusing his power and his only 'kid' is Touta which is just clone of combining Negi cell with some of Negima girls for better power up. Creator of Touta was a Konoe woman(pretty much judging by timeline slot KonoSetsu daughter who also had KonoSetsu twins as Touta siblings.

>Negi ignored Ayaka

What a bum

Isn't Negi infertile in the Good End timeline as well? He became a vampire before the timeline split.

Considering the character development and everything before the short end it got she was the most likely choice.

Still I love how casually the end dropped that Eva was a planeswalker and that her final form is literally unbeatable.

Then the garbage that is UQ Holder released!

Did this finaly get good or is it still unbearable?
I stopped reading some time after they met Fate.

They speculate about it, but it's never confirmed or denied.

>Vampire
Don't. The term gives me headaches. Even now, 50 retcons later Ken seems to be unable to decide what a fucking vampire in this setting is.

They only said that he might have become something similar to Eva, but that only time will tell if this is true.

Well, he differentiated between stages.
Eva was not just a vampire, but a shinso.
Which apparently negated most weakness or reduced the to a mere bother or a simple idslike instead of a fatality.
Also Eva from Negima might have been a special case.
Adult Eva looked strangely similar to most females that were of the MotB bloodline.
Also the MotB had influence and family in the old world.
The founding story the new world kingdom and Amatera his daughter is basically the same as the one of the imperial family of Japan and Amaterasu.
Not Konoka's family was even related to imperial family which would explain Konoka's power.

It might very well have been that Eva's family was another bloodline the MotB created and that they became his test subjects for true immortality as they as his descandents held high potential.
He was still kinda body switching like a kitsune or so to prolong his life, that is why he tried to create one truly immortal body for himself.

Neither can I, the more I'm separated from old 'n trusty the worse the withdrawal syndrome gets

Touta is a clone of a clone. That's why he's Negi's "grandchild". Also Cutlass exists as another copy.

He exists because of SCIENCE. It's not disturbing at all and neither of them hate him.

After just catching up, I'm a bit confused. There are two timelines? Or more than two? The Touta timeline is where Asuna slept, and the ending of Negima timeline is the one where Asuna came back? Or is there another timeline for Chao and Eva?

This, Negi has shit taste

Yue has the best blushes. Too cute.

Timeline A is where the magic world got destroyed and Chao was originally born. Her traveling back in time and interfering with events caused the creation and divergence of Timeline B.

Timeline B is the main timeline for the majority of Negima and UQ Holder. At the end of Negima, Asuna goes to sleep for 130 years to maintain the magical world while Negi works to fix everything. UQ Holder takes place during this time, having to deal with the remaining plot threads like the Mage of Beginning, Nagi, and Negi himself. At the very end of Timeline B, Asuna wakes up after everyone is dead. Chao and Eva take her back in time, causing the creation and divergence of Timeline C.

Timeline C is is the happy ending/epilogue sequence in Negima. Asuna traveling back in time allows them to utilize her powers to quickly solve all remaining plot threads.

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you.

Chisame always felt like Naru done right. More so than Asuna. For once I'm glad that archetype won.

Mutsumi Otohime from Love Hina was based on his wife. IIRC she's an ex small-time idol.

>More so than Asuna

I'm not sure she ever was intended to be this archetype in the first place.
The beginning would have you believe she was, but she actually let go of it very quickly, and never slips back into for the rest of the story.

chii isn't a tsundere you dumb fuck. if anything she's a kuudere. asuna is more tsun than chii

True. Some people in this thread and others have called Chisame a "violent tsundere", but IIRC she didn't hit him nearly as often as Asuna did.

Ken should have swerved everyone and let Motoko marry Negi.

>Adult Eva looked strangely similar to most females that were of the MotB bloodline.
Do you mean the royal family? Or just Ialda? The royal family is the only bloodline there is, the MotB is otherwise a body hopper and as far as I recall it was never stated Eva looked like either one. You might be thinking of the time where Ialda called Eva her "daughter".

She starts Kuudere but I think she sort of melts into Tsundere by the Mars arc

>Spends an entire chapter getting increasingly agitated over Negi not talking to her and then blows up on him when he didn't immediately give her the response she wanted

Chisamefags are truly delusional.

Chachamaru is cute

The royal family is the only blood line for the MotB we know about.
Considering his experiments it is not unlikely he might have created more.
I could mean there was a double meaning behind him calling Eva his daughter.

She does seem to have a sort of begrudging respect for humans.
Evangeline's full name also includes Athanasia, which means immortality. And McDowell is derived from Mac Dubhghaill, meaning son/descendant of a black stranger."

There might be something, or it could just be a reference to Ialda turning her into whatever she is in the first place. I don't think either would be all that important and there's 5000 other mysteries I'd rather they shed some light on.

>Naru-clone winning

Akamatsu has shit taste in women.

Nah, only one of the cheerleaders were, and both Ayaka and Chizuru only looked at him as a little brother.

His harem was relatively small, with only Natsumi, Madoka, and Mei.

How many times have we had this thread this week?

We are becoming increasingly proficient at it.

I really don't understand. How is it possible for a mangaka to create multiple best girls yet favor the worst one every time?