Gintama 639

>(probably) final character poll
Huh, the end is near, bros. How many chapters do you think it remains?

Fug. It still need to get a proper final battle. Probably four months. And five chapters for a proper close for the main characters. Plus a special two chapters of time skip. At least half year more in total.

Dumping the chapter
Use this thread to talk everything Gintama related please and don't hesitate to bump it ,even though I think this one ain't gonna last for long, but let's try anyway

Why isn't Gintama more popular? It's so good

Ikr, user? It's very popular in Japan but not so much in the West, I think the reason is due to its references of the Japanese pop culture and its jokes somehow hard to translate, and some anons hate simply for being overhyped by MaL and for its scatological humor and dick jokes, they don't know what they miss...

I know about Sup Forums autists, been here since forever, fuck them
The japanese references being the problem makes a lot of sense, I should thought about that

Well, I have nothing against guys who don't especially appreciate the humor of Gintama, it's their opinion, after all. It's those who clearly offended by this type of comedy I bet there is a lot, they make me laugh.

Done

It annoys me the anons that complain about not understanding outside cultures and references, like everything should be referenced from Murricah. I bet they would complain about Quixote, Ulyses or Shakespeare's work for being too obscure.

This. And some anons seem to not understand that Gintama references as well some Western cultures, such as Zura being Will Smith and Obama (Yes we Can), that Rocky reference and heck, IRC they're even a Ginpachi-Sensei segment where Gin mentions Home Alone!

Dead threads are still better than cancerous generals, be glad.

I'm not him but I kinda agree with you, Gintama threads don't deserve to be cancerous generals, weekly threads are largely enough. The threads of the last season were very great, some of them hit the bump limit and there was minimal shitposting and good contribution , of course there was shipfaggotry and waifufaggotry but they weren't so awful and had good vibes. Keeping manga threads alive isn't a piece of cake, maybe the new season will fix that.

What do you guys think so far of the live-action movie?

Gintama references are often obscure even for the Japanese.

Yeah, some nips can't understand Gintama jokes

I think they mentioned this, "We are going to destroy a cute actress career by making her portray Kagura's manners, don't we?" or something like that

Maybe, but at least they're keeping the spirit of the show
+ Kanna is pretty good as Kagura

Bump

I think it might end in September

Please be repaired, Tama ;_;

RIP

She's desactivated, I really hope Gengai repairs her

I like how Kyuubei has bigger tits than Otae

i like tits too

God-tier.

Matako has an outfit pretty similar to the manga's one

Man, I think it remains less than 4 months, it might ends on mid-September and the new season airing in October

Kagura is so cute in kimono.

How will Matako be saved now ?
Will Takasugi jump out and save her and it will be left ambiguous if he survived or not, until the point where the students reunite and fight Utsuro, or will someone else important like Bansai jump in and die a hero's death ?

I still don't understand this anime and it's hype. Can someone explain to me what it's charm? If I happen to like One Punch Man for example, will I like this?

It's anime Family Guy.

It's a longrunning anime with likable characters which managed to keep its good quality for 250+ episodes, at least that's I love it. I like OPM too, but I don't think their humour is similar. This has some excellent serious stories too which doesn't feel out of place. Check out a few episodes, and if you don't like those, you won't like the rest.
And if you do, you can skip the first 2 episodes, those are anime original, not that good and spoils every single character who will appear in the first 25 episodes.

Bump

Yikes...I haven't found family guy funny for the past 4 years so I may not like it.
If the humor isn't like One punch man but the anime is 50% humor, I may not enjoy it. OPM is one of the few anime I can relate to as a comedy due to some of it's sardonic and sarcastic elements, especially in regards to the whole cape shit meme.

Well, I definitely hope that she has nothing, but one thing is sure Gorilla love to plant death flags these last chapters

I love this meme

Cute

Gintama is one of the most sarcastic, borderline sadistic manga/anime out there. Yet it has heartwarming stories and lessons about human life, don't worry about references they are not show stopping like in Family Guy. If a reference is called upon it's for a very quick visual gag or incorporated into their conversations, it's more or less a big manzai routine between most of the characters until the current stand-alone episode or arc ends. You will laugh, then you will cry, then laugh again

Plus some fights are sprinkled here and there but they don't take 20 episodes to conclude, they only happen when a serious arc is at hand

Probably around 20-25 chapters or less.

She'd probably end up getting saved. Though I honestly don't care if she dies since I never really cared about Matako and she never left an impression on me other than being Takasugi's fangirl.

Abuto is best bro

you'd think western fujos would like it since to drunken gay sex?

Gintama may be somehow "overrated", but not so hyped than you think I mean look at this thread

Well, I think any fujo around the world could enjoy this show

>dat 5+1 wives arc
Kekking

>these legs

I wonder who is Mitsuba's actress

Predictions:
Takatsugi will save Matako and will vanish in space. Its an excuse not to include Takatsugi on final fight against the suicidal maniac. Dont worry, they will be alive. The others will be handicapped in space, and the wont get to earth for the fight since they are too busy. The homicidal maniac (Enshou) will try to destroy Earth for the funckin nth time and Barkas will finally stop this motherfucker. Well, Barkas and Enshou should die, leaving Hata the responsibility ruling the kingdom.

Im not sure about the earth. Hopefully it won't be generic 1vs many as possible. I still believe Sorachi could pull a one or two trick to make the battle hype. Also I don't know what's next for Kamui.

The best conclusion should be a Beam Saber Arc style, where Gintoki should die and his grave should be with Otae's father (Wine), Hajime(Gasoline) and Gintoki(Strawberry Milk)

You think there's a possibility for Gin to die ?

Who will win the Gintokibowl?

Takasugi

More like fujotama