Wtf I hate Shinji now

Wtf I hate Shinji now

Wtf I'm gay now

When did Shinji ever hurt Asuka outside of that gross dumb-ass hospital stunt.

She views his successes as her failures.

And when she tried to submit to him and become his woman he wouldn't even hold her. Some people view passiveness not as person being slow on the uptake or cowardice or feeling like you aren't worthy, but arrogance, she felt like by neglecting her he was saying she's trash.

>the coffee mugs are next to each other same as shinji & asuka

>tears him down every time he semi-attempts to stand up for himself
>acts offended when he doesn't make any romantic gestures towards her later on

>spreads her legs wide open
>doesn't fuck the tsun out of her

It's ""realistic""

maybe asuka wants shinji to actually fight back

sounds like one of the most realistic female characters in all of fiction

He did. It ended up with him getting swallowed by an angel for a week.

yeah but at least shinji grew a pair

Asuka, like the rest of the cast is really unstable.
She convinced herself that she is a big shot, that she is important, loved mature girl.

Then she has a massive reality shock when she meets shinji. The most coward, pathetic boy she ever met, and does he do? He is the only boy on school who isnt attracted to her. He continously keep overshadowing her in both Eva tests and practical results. When she tried to get any emotional response from him with the kiss, he did nothing. She sees that as rejection. Asuka then realizes that she never had anything, she never was anything.

Shinji isnt directly attacking her, or even doing that on purpose, but it doesnt mean it doesnt hurt her.

But thats his behavior from episode 1 to 22. Afterwards, he have another layer of hurting her, and OP pic is the peak of it all.
Shinji starts ignoring Rei and Misato because he is too afraid to work their friendships up after a crisis. Then he goes after asuka, only to continue the cycle. She realizes it, and hate it above all else.

That's all completely on her though. And people barely ever call her out on it.

shinji should have and then fucked her when she comes crawling to him

As expected from a mediocre girl who got thrown away by her parents, thinking herself some kind of big shot when even some pathetic brat with daddy issues can ace her scores.
Asuka should just kill herself, a dog could pilot her even and have better results.

Not the very last part.

>Implying it didnt already happen.

"anta baka shinji kiss me"
"ewww baka why did you kiss me?"
She was a cunt

>"ewww baka why did you kiss me?"
She wasnt mad because he kissed her. All an act.

She was pissed because she interpreted Shinji needing to take a breath as rejecting her.

She was supposedly an actual child prodigy, she was in college or a ranked officer in the german military or something. It's just that piloting the eva required something she didn't have.

It's on both of them for failing to communicate, which was the biggest message of nge. Every single person in the cast hurt everyone around them regardless of their intentions because they were too insecure and afraid to communicate. The final scene in eoe where Shinji strangles Asuka and she responds with empathy and compassion was what the whole series was building up to.

wtf everyone loves shinji now

She was also pissed she had to make the first move after half a dozen times inviting him, because she was too busy thinking of her own problems to ever begin to imagine someone else's. The same goes for Shinji.

I guess my issue with that was that the series felt like it was built around acknowledging Shinji's flaws and giving him Hell for it every step of the way, while Asuka doesn't really get any flak for it until her bad luck at the very end.

Things user told me that i didn't really appreciate when watching

>Shoves boobs in Shinji's face wearing a two-piece and is completely comfortable wearing light indoor clothes when living with him
>dresses conservatively in a long-sleeve dress when on an actual date

>Says a barrier is a the Wall of Jericho
>Those walls came down

though that latter one might have just been translator artistic license

>bad luck
bad luck in having a passive suicide attempt into medical coma into getting brutally murdered while experiencing less character development than Rei

It is impossible to watch Evangelion and don't hate Shinji.

Well he's the main character. It can come off as that to first time watchers, but other characters like Misato Ritsuko and Rei also had plenty of moments showing their problems. I think Kaji was the closest thing to normal in the entire cast but he fucked with both Misato and Asuka without even meaning to. I really liked Gendo's death scene in eoe with him being afraid of his own son, but I think that one could have had a bit more foreshadowing to it.

Someone also said that the walls came down with horns aka talking for even more symbolism, but I'm not a biblefag so I don't know.

She had development in the series it was just mostly negative which is fine for a show like nge. Her positive moment came in her eoe battle then she died alone before anyone showed up, then it showed again after tang.

>now

I hate Misato more than I could ever hate Shinji

>tfw best boy got the least amount of screen time
It's not fair

why?

Forgot image

Why Misato? She was one of the character's who at least tried to talk to others even if she wasn't any good at it. If there's any character to hate it's Ritsuko for the secrets she kept from the pilots and her selfishness in the whole thing with Gendo and her mother. At least Gendo was had redeeming moments like the manual launching of 01 after the power went out and his death in eoe.

This might be the one time where a forgotten pic actually meant something between the intended message and what was assumed

Perhaps I'm just interpreting her wrong, but she came off as really manipulative and ignorant to Shinji's feelings. The kiss in EoE felt like the biggest example of this, where she constantly switches between "motherly figure" and "totally hot girl you live with that's open", ultimately confusing Shinji
Again, perhaps I'm just interpreting it wrong

>NGE
I came here to laugh at you

Sasuga Anno-nymous

We discussed this anime a thousand times already. Their relationship was fleshed out by numerous posters, and yet you people still ask questions. Why are there so many newfags?

Anal sex with Asuka

It was half attempt to manipulate and half not knowing how to talk to other people. She didn't understand what she meant to Shinji as a caretaker/someone who actually gave a fuck about him. The kiss was something in a desperate moment and it was because she didn't know any other way, like when Shinji was alone in his room and she offered to come in. Her history of going silent after the impact for several years and then talking more than ever reflects all of this.

>his death in EoE
I forget, what was revealed in that scene about his character? Wasn't it that he was afraid of building a relationship with Shinji, so that's why he pushed him away so much?

Shinji is the main character, so of course he gets more attention, but asukas life goes to complete shit midway through the series.
She did got enough suffering.

Pretty much. It also applies to Shinji, everyone around him, and the series as a whole.

Yes, he is pretty much grown up shinji, afraid of real relationships, manipulative, obsessed with the only person who seem to have showed him love, actually realizes how much he fucked up, albeit too late, and accept his "retribution"

Wtf i comprehend both their characters now

>"If no one will care about me, they can all just DIE"
>Yui is the only one that ever cared about me. The rest of them can just die.

they just need more bonding activities

They dancing together was the cutest moment of the series. Too bad everything afterwards goes TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN.

On his defense, shinji DOES realize he fucked up afterwards, and try to fix it. He cant fix it 100%, but thats a start.
I wonder if he will have a guilty consciousness in 30 years

I got nothing on this, I hated that part of his character. Maybe he thought tang was inevitable eventually so might as well do it under his conditions. Maybe he didn't know instrumentality meant worldwide tang.
It sucks his motivations and relationships couldn't have been given more depth because he was supposed to be the mysterious plotting character for like 90% of the series.

I dont think he was actively wanting people to be tanged, i think he just wanted people to die and that is the most "natural" way for lilith to do it. (Plus the only reversible method, so maybe rei wanted things to work out in the end).
His motivations to kill everyone might not be really good, but pretty much everyone who is severely depressed already had thoughts akin to "i wish i could press a button to destroy the world".

Shinji happened to have one.

underrated

Kaworu x Asuka

Cute and rapey (therefore even more cute).
But not supported by anything, really.

Kaworu Nagisa: Humans constantly feel pain in their hearts. Because the heart is so sensitive to pain, humans also feel that to live is to suffer. You are delicate, like glass. Especially your heart.
Asuka Soryu: Me?
Kaworu Nagisa: Yes, and you have my sympathies.
Asuka Soryu: Sympathy?
Kaworu Nagisa: In other words, I love you.

Unfortunately, if there is anyone who will have to withstand kaworus autism for the rest of eternity, its Rei, thanks to the whole forbidden union bullshit.

a shit

this