Well pol, why didnt they fish?

Well pol, why didnt they fish?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1b407g/why_did_the_irish_not_think_of_fishing_during_the/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinocardium_cordatum
astronomy-to-zoology.tumblr.com/post/81033372410/are-sea-potatoes-edible
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why not do a simple google search, you ignorant faggot?
The idea that the Irish starved because they were stupid is asinine.

Bretty sure England owns all the seas in that area?

No such thing as water potatoes you dummy

People in old times were fucking useless. They could grow a potato and eat a potato. Anything else was too complicated.
Here in Finland there were also famines in 19th century. Our forests and lakes were full of all kinds of edible things but stupid peasants knew only wheat and rye. When they run out of them, they started roaming countryside begging food from other farmers.
Those fucking losers absolutely deserved to die.

no such thing as a potatofish, moron

They weren't allowed.

You have to have money to buy a boat.

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1b407g/why_did_the_irish_not_think_of_fishing_during_the/

Because the Irish are the niggers of Europe and they couldn't even fish for fuck's sake.

Akchually, there is
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echinocardium_cordatum
No clue wether it’s edible though.

cause irish are dumb

It's just a lot easier to hunt potatoes. The Irish didn't evolve the intellect required to hunt anything else, such as berries for example.

they were probably too poor to afford a fishing rod... also back then not everyone had a car so everyone would have to give up their shelter and move near the sea.

All the smart Irish left.

>nip on point
from nippon?

->hunt potatoes

jew got to be kidding me!

you wouldn't believe how many people nowadays wouldn't be able to survive in the wilderness. Thatkfully I grew up on a campground and RV park... lol

The Irish seriously aren't fucking white

>literal trailer trash

at least you wouldnt have issues with not bathing

The English prohibited the Irish from fishing

Because they were drunk

GIVE ME POTATO OR GIVE ME DEATH

The Irish starved because England was forcing them to turn over all of their food. The only thing they were allowed to keep were a portion of potatoes, which got scarce with the potato famine. England didn’t want their free workforce to all die off, but they also didn’t want to make the point that the Irish were under their heels. So, the fucking bastards used taxation to purchase food from America to feed them - keeping them reliant on their masters and not their own ability to grow food and hunt.

if you put a bunch of african niggers on an island surrounded by an ocean full of fried chicken would they starve

>We had to run your western society into the ground with muh democratic party because we're jackholes from way back.

Ah lovely link, I took a glance. More excuses for their stupidity and lack of ingenuity it would seem.

You know what to do lads, see you on the other side.

ireland had a net food surplus during the famine
it was genocide

How about the lack of brain power and a penchant for back stabbing each other that got them there in the first place?

You know how surströmming became a thing? Swedish sailors tricked finns to buy their useless rotten fish, but they liked it so much that they later asked for more. Thats funny as hell.

Why didn't they just eat each other? works for all the other niggers in the world

astronomy-to-zoology.tumblr.com/post/81033372410/are-sea-potatoes-edible

Uuhhhhhhhh.......

You've grown up were city niggers come to "enjoy the outdoors"? Fuck, I'll let a leaf take this one.... Fucking lel

t buttflustered "irish" americuck

Vittu jätkä on tyhmä. Kannattaisi vähän tutustua asioihin ennen kuin lausuu noinkin typerää paskaa.

I have one known Irish ancestor. He managed to saw his own leg so badly it had to be cut the rest of the way off. Not kidding. Drunk fucker.

The irish were literally fucking retarded as far as europeans go. They were one of the only ethnic groups that had almost zero farming techniques, or agricultural knowledge. Its one of the main reasons the Irish flocked to the cities when they were being driven off Ireland to America, and the Anglos/Scots preferred rural areas. Irish also have basically zero history of centralized government before 1922. The Irish relied on potatoes because its the most fucking easy thing to grow in the world. Then imported fish from English ships couple times a month, (no fishing rights in the sea and didn't know how to fish large scale anyway), throw in a couple cabbages, and that was basically it.

>urchin
Nope.

And before the famine, Ireland had 8 million people. If they actually knew how to farm and fish, Ireland would probably have 30-40 million people right now, but instead that compounded growth came to America and Canada, which now have about 50 million people of Irish heritage, 10x that of Ireland itself today.

For comparison, England (excluding wales and scotland) had around 27 million in 1950.

1850*

you're underestimating just how insane Brits are. It was literally illegal for Catholics to own land within five miles of the sea.

People today are all of that too except they can’t grow a potato. Everyone is 100% dependent on supermarkets

Maybe they don't like fish?

>reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/1b407g/why_did_the_irish_not_think_of_fishing_during_the/

Indigenous were not allowed to own property. The British use of labour force in Ireland is more alike to Spains use of the natives in Latin America.

They couldnt own anything, so they could build anything. The forests belonged to the conquer, cut them down illegally - get punished. Have a nice fishing business? Pay taxes, or get punished.

But most importatnyl, the British simply wanted them to starve. If you look at the statistics, half the popu;ation died or fled. BUT, if you look deeper, of those half, 80% were the true, unadulterated Irish (not Norman, nor viking, Irish speaking). Today's Irish, are a mixture of Irish,Viking,Random North Spain, and British/Norman. Brit's genocidesd or encouraged to leave the most rebellious ones.

Hey man can I score some ahhhhh crack and a oz of bud?

This, as well

Are the Irish even human?

>People today are all of that too except they can’t grow a potato.
>cut potato in half
>throw in hole and cover with dirt
>get more fucking potatoes
You're joking, right?

>The British wanted them to starve.

THIS. If you look closely, you will find that there was in fact no famine in Ireland. The British forced the Irish onto the poorest diet possible and kept them to it (99% potatos) during the blight, even tho there were tons of other food crops being grown and harvested. Food meant for the British, as the Irish were meant simply to die.

You can't get drunk off fish

>knew how to farm
yes user all this prime agricultural land in the West of Ireland was just bursting with wheat and barley. 200 years beforehand, the Parliamentary army came over from Britain and forced huge numbers of Catholics off decent land in the south and east of Ireland and chased them out to the west, where the land is shit. The only thing that would grow there was a shit variety of potato that was vulnerable to a fungal disease that eventually wiped it out 3 years in a row. During this time Ireland was a net exporter of food because the better land was being used to grow other things, which were then sold to France to replace the potatoes lost there at the same time, due to the same disease.
Come over some time and take a look, we love tourists and we'll tell you the whole story from 9000 BC to now.

why would you believe such a story? Surströmming comes before air-tight packaging, so how should they "trick" somebody into buying stinking rotten fish?

The dish comes about purely as a survival mechanism. Before the advent of machine power and cheap fertilizer, all of northern europe was one of the hardest places to live in, hands down. Cold weather, short growing season, poor crops.

Starvation was on of the driving factors for scandinavian migration to the USA, and this was in the early 1900s.

The more you know.

Its also physically addictive in some people.

Its insane how hard weening myself and quitting was. 3 days straight insomnia and a host of others.

Make ur reality better. False realities from substance are not the state of a man.

Brits deserve everything that happens to them.

>You can't get drunk off fish
/thread

Actually before I get all mad at the Brits, can anybody link to a good source about how much of the famine was British caused?

Bump FOR SCIENCE!11!!!

>Good Points: Many irish are dead.

I always wondered why heavily man old-time sailing Naval vessels didn't try to supplant their food with some fish back then when fish were just jumping they wouldn't undergo long spells with lots of crew with nothing much to do on station not really sailing anywhere and there cultures all seem to be 20 fish friendly at home

Because the anglo ruled the waves.

We did. The ones who didn't either died or went to America, so the Americabs are the brainletd not us.

But the average IQ for Irishmen in 2018 is 92, and for Irish-Americans it's the same as Anglo Americans

Gypsies and migrants.

But that's the national IQ... I wish it weren't true.

Growing a potato is fairly easy. I’m sorry nature the reason for the famine of 200 years ago, but sprouting a spud is simple.

EU fishing quotas.

There’s a shitload of dead Egyptians, too.

Any update on why the cranberry chick croaked?

I believe the english had the boats on lockdown. It's partly why the IRA used to eat the english.

They got her...

With their tanks, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their guns

now she's a....

Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie
What's in your head, in your head
Zombie, zombie, zombie-ie-ie, oh

>Any update on why the cranberry chick croaked?
Too much cock, or too few potatoes.
She was sporting a dyke cut for the past 3 decades, so I'm guessing the latter.

They were too busy squeezing out litters of sub-65-IQ redheaded bastard children outside of wedlock to fish, give them a break

Sea urchin are fucking delicious user, especially fresh out of the sea when you crack them open and spoon out the salty goodness while the poor thing still tries to march away from your hand on its spikes.

>no fishing rights in the sea
Or any rights for that matter. Catholics weren't allowed near villages.

>hunt potatoes
>American education

nigga you nasty

>cock

and coke

> I don't like fish so I rather starve to death instead of eating it
makes sense

You must be pretty new.
The rule is lurk for two years before posting kid.