Has this show aged well? I've never seen it but back in 2005 all my close friends were creaming about it

Has this show aged well? I've never seen it but back in 2005 all my close friends were creaming about it.

yes and I cant wait for 4th season that was announced...

Fumufuflu and Second Raid both are superior, but the original is still worth it. Sagaras autism never gets old.

Gonzo hasn't age that well at all, in terms of visuals. But Kyoani's adaption has, and probably has better animation than everything airing this season.
It all holds up in terms of story though, I was very enthralled by it.

kyoani's magnum opus

It's worth watching, it's fun. And not in the sense that it requires you to turn your brain off, it's coherent.

>Has this show aged well?
Not really and anyone who says otherwise is a nostalgiafaggot. Fumoffu hold up well though and The Second Raid wasn't really good to begin with.

it's fine if you can get past the horrible dated character designs

The Gonzo season shows its age in terms of animation, character designs and writing its a very early 00s show through and through but largely inoffensive as far as LN adaptations go.

Fumoffu is legitimately one of the best anime comedies ever, very fast paced and some very clever direction and comedy, its almost too good for this franchise really.

Visually and direction wise The Second Raid is superior to the Gonzo season but its writing is pretty weak as a whole it also has the worst pacing. Almost feels like a filler season for the next installment where the story starts because nothing of importance really happens other than an obvious answer to a question from the 2nd episode.

Wtf what sort of shitty taste is this
The character designs are great, and you just reminded me that one of my favourite parts of the show was Kaname's hair.
Character designs don't age, and FMP was especially good.
You have a terrible taste

KONOOOO SEKAIIII NIIIIIIII
UUUUUUUMARETAAAAAAA
SONO IIIIMI WO

Just read the manga. The first season looks terrible.

gonzo has been Sup Forums's punching bag for over a decade, they're just awful at putting together something that looks good and isn't overly slow
I was really sad when they died and really excited to see them come back with vampire kitty and their new revival works

aged,i don't understand this fucking term this shit literally never changes only the viewer does

One of the first show I watched and I'm awfully attached to it.
I firmly believe than Sagara and Chidori's love is the greatest ever told, and every time I think about them I feel like literal shit because I will probably never experience something like that in my life.

No it's garbage, it's the most generic mecha elements mixed with the most generic harem elements.

Gonzo > Kyoto Animation

>FMP
>harem
are you retarded?

hell, it's not even the most generic mecha elements, we have a constantly shellshocked child soldier as the mc instead of some random 16 year old who just happened to be near a suit during an attack
he probably didn't watch it though

Agreed

>we have a constantly shellshocked child soldier as the mc instead of some random 16 year old who just happened to be near a suit during an attack

Jesus fuck I knew FMPfags were cancerous but this takes the fucking cake

>it's not even the most generic mecha elements
>we have a constantly shellshocked child soldier as the mc
WOW SO INNOVATIVE!

First series is a bit heavy with the 00s vibe. You should watch for nothing more than to setup for the superior Fumoffu and that would be well worth it.

It's shining point is in the main characters. They are simply more delightful and worth rooting for than most MCs and similar set ups.