The disappearance of motorcyclists ?

Where did the bikers go?

When I was 16 you got a 50cc, then you built your way up until you got a larger bike like a 750cc +.
I only see few bike riders now & they are more than often way over 30+

Riding a bike was once a bit rebellious
Why are bikes sales falling, younger people are not interested?

Other urls found in this thread:

motofire.com/2017/09/news/every-single-category-uk-motorcycle-sales/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bikes just got faster.

You don't see them.

i'll run you the fuck down and you can shit through a tube and watch the View until someone turns you off

Where I live (909) there's a lot of kids that have dirtbikes they take out to the desert every weekend.

Young people don't have the fucking money to be splurging on a screaming metal death trap. Gotta student debt to pay off with our tiny annual income.

Bike sales are growing, not falling

thats about it now, we get kids riding illegal dirtbikes round the streets.

im olderfag, but I'm buying a WR250R dual sport. It's only a little 250, but it gets 70 mpg and can go pretty much anywhere on or off road.

Not if you're Harley Davidson

motofire.com/2017/09/news/every-single-category-uk-motorcycle-sales/

n total the number of new bike registrations (and we are explicitly talking about new motorcycle purchases here) for August within the UK was 6,200. That’s a figure that’s down by over 13.8% compared to the same month in 2016.

And the drop is the same for mopeds and scooters too; with a whopping 26.1% fall in scooter sales from 2,686 in 2016 to 1,820 last month. Mopeds and all other things sat at just 5,036 – down 9.9% on the equivalent 2016 figure.

falling here

This as well, we have a shrinking middle class that can't afford a bike. When the millenials hit mid life crisis they're just gonna buy a Vive and a voice changer and become anime girls.
Is there a motorcycle culture in the UK? Whenever I think motorcycles I think America or Australia

I've got bikes. Truth is living in a city like Sydney or Melbourne.. you are constantly being cut off and trying not to die, it takes the fun out of it completely.

I've been in a couple of big stacks because other people take my stopping distance for granted. I ride a t100 Bonnie at the moment.. it's not a fast bike. Drivers just fuck me sideways every time I try and enjoy it.

muh 4 wheels

>Is there a motorcycle culture in the UK? Whenever I think motorcycles I think America or Australia

Yes, biking was a big thing here. bitd

Triumph.Norton,BSA,Vincent, etc

Motorcyclists are cunts who don't respect the rules of the road.
They think they're so slick but they literally die if you even slightly bump them with your car

Fuck motocacos

muh shit tube

I stand corrected. I see a ton of bikes on the road now that traffic is so fucked

Trends change. What was cool then may not be cool now, like racism and smoking cigars. We grew up with video games so you may see in your generation more bars catering to the arcade crowds, no more golf clubs or boomer sports. E sports may be trending even more so. Radio shows are now internet podcasts. Car racing, collecting, or truck obsession may die out if public transportation becomes more available. Pc building is obsolete if console takes up new releases.

So? Let the shitty ones die. Don't hate us all.

If you're going to invest in wheels but can only afford the one vehicle, are you gonna buy a motorbike that can carry you and a girl, or a car that can carry you and a girl as well as everything you need to move?

>Harley Davidson

Gee, maybe they should stop making their shit over priced then. Don't get me wrong, I like some of their models, but, like Apple products, the final price does not often live up to the actual quality.

>PC will always dominate console.

Fpbp

Tfw 6’3 and most bikes are made for 5’9 manlets. Why live

Bikes and bikers are faggots though seriously

Harley is shit. They rode that company into the ground.

People realized it's a tard machine useful only for suicide and future disabilities, following the inevitable accidents. Driving one of those is the most laughably stupid things a guy can do. Not a single damn person I know who dealt with the tard machine remained unhurt.

I came from /o/ to laugh at you.
>t. /dbt/

>pre ban mags.
>now illegal in California.
>Along with order ammo online.
>next year you'll need a background check to buy ammo.

I'm 33 and ride motorcycles.

Are sales actually falling?

Cancerous fan base drives a lot of people away.

Bikers come in two flavors: Absolute cunts you hope die in a crash and people you didn't know owned a bike.

put on some gloves man.

Bike niggers drive between lanes when it's convenient to them, always fucking blocking me from switching lanes, but they will also take up an entire lane with their shitty slow poverty-vehicle and won't have the decency to make way for an actual motor vehicle
Bike niggers make my blood boil they are the vehicular equivalent to mosquitoes

The dangers of motorcycles are more well understood. It's reckless to drive one, especially considering how prevalaent car accidents are. It was mostly a boomer thing due to the association with outlaw biker culture. Federal crackdowns have mostly brought an end to that so it never translated to the newer generations. Just another thing millennials are killing - like napkins.

Consider a DRZ (or even a DR350 if you can find a good one); even the WR (the best of the 250s) is pretty gutless at speed.

I want a motorcycle so bad but I'm extremely scared of it. In fact, I don't even have a regular license and I'm 24. I'm fucking horrified of moving vehicles. I have no idea what to do

Sure things Mr. Officer.

Get a 50cc scooter (preferably a 2-stroke). You can build confidence on that and then get a motorbike license and a real bike.

tl1000r zxr14 mt10 sv1000

As an outsider looking in, your problem with a shrinking and displaced middle class looks worse than ours just by what I've seen with housing prices and all that. If you can barely afford a shitty flat you ain't gonna buy a bike.
I know, it's bad. There's no saving this state.

Yeah, im not really concerned with speed. The WR is the perfect all around bike for my needs.

Are you the Boer that smacks around darkies with his bike helmet

It used to be that you could buy a bike if you couldn't afford a car.
New (Larger engined)bikes now cost the same as a cheap car.

I have a motorcycle license. Dont have a bike right now. Harleys are popular in my state but I detest them as slow cumbersome hogs. I prefer dual sport.

>Boer
>Bike Helmet
I have only ever beaten people with my fists and a baton. A Helmet is expensive and can be damage by impacts.

Go on your local craigslist/kijiji/gumtree. You can get a good working bike for under $2k anywhere.

thats such a great story. thank you for sharing, you stupid cunt.

Bikes are unsafe and we live in a world of cucks. Do the math.

Must've misremembered, I remember that vid and the one where you're chasing the dude down the road lmao. Stay safe homie.

Too many cars, too many regulations, too many woman drivers, too many trucks, too many cops, too expensive.

Having a bike isn't freedom anymore

I want a bike
But I know to many people who have died on them
I would rather just ride a dirt bike on my farm

>doesn't take less gas than a car
>doesn't go faster than a car
>less chance of walking away from accidents than in a car

I'm with black shadow. Factory team.

This one? The stone thrower?

nice try Santiago. Now go hang you ass out your "kitchen: window and shit into the gutter, you disgusting sub human fuck bag

Depends on the car/bike of course, but you're certainly getting more performance and fuel economy for less money.

you one of them insecure harley riders?

Ye. Is there one where you kicked in a shitty gate or something too, I saw them months ago

So is your father.

I've been riding on the street since I got my license at 17, I'm 23 now and I'm pretty over it at this point. I hate other motorcyclists. I don't like talking to them and hearing their stupid shitty opinions, whether it's boomers or kids my age who watch YouTube motorcycle faggots. Living in California is good cause of lane splitting but I nearly get nailed most of the time on my commute. Wish I could go back and relive the joy of riding for the first time again.

This true, we used to ride to the coast at weekends, no speed cameras, not half the amount of traffic.
the fun has gone out of a lot of stuff with overegulation

Don't ever reply to me again you stupid bitch

now this is a real man's bike

That's because you are a fag

thats rude. maybe if harley riders waved at other motorcyclists they wouldn't be hated so much

California is motorcycle nirvana. Great weather for riding, and you get to (legally) fly past all the cagers stuck in traffic.

Motorcycles used to be far cheaper than cars, but that's not the case anymore, at least not in this country anyway.

bikers are pieces of shits especially the crotch rocket fucks

If they stopped spending all their money on avacodo toast, maybe they could afford to live their life.

fuck bikies/motorcycles fucking noisy attention seeking faggots. bring in laws/regulations to significantly quieten the things and I mightn't hate em anymore.

I'm planning to get a 125 this year just to get on the road, shitting it slightly about getting killed though with the way people drive. Just going to be as defensive as possible I suppose

baww millenials didnt like our junk buells POS why do they think our brand is the junk it is

I've noticed this too. When I was 15 everyone had a moped (50cc), and upgraded to 125cc at 16 and then the bigger machines at 18. In the early 2000 everyone switched to automatic vespas, the past 5 years I cam count the amount of 2-wheelers I've seen on my hands, including adult motorcycles.

>Implying you'll catch me with your 4 wheeled cuck box

>increasingly urbanized populations
>wonder why millenials don't have cars
>or motorcycles

Are you serious? You fags are really out there waving to each other while riding?

>muh full body leathers and tassels prevent me from making hand gestures

Grom a shit
Get a tnt135

> Not a single damn person I know who dealt with the tard machine remained unhurt.

Thats not because of the bikes, it's because you and your friends are mentally retarded. Tell a Croatian to stand in puddle and he'll still find a way to drown.

Fucking kek.

Yeah, at least in the US/Canada they all do pic related. I just nod in response since the 'wave' is so cringe.

t. bike nigger

Its winter

Motorcyclist here. Everyone stopped riding because its simply too dangerous. Every idiot is driving in their SUV watching youtube and talking to their cousin in mexico. Too much traffic increases the likely hood of being cutoff due to cuck-commuters road-raging. Cops trying to bust your balls if you even go 5mph over the speed limit. It was fun back when I was a young mad lad but these days the only place you can ride safely is on the race track but that takes an entire day and the costs add up.

Its simply no longer possible to just hop on your bike and ride anywhere without dealing with a bunch of bullshit... oh and dont even get me started on insurance prices.

Because they, as most American companies, overprice their shitty product and focus more on marketing and product look than quality.

This

Sure man. It's nice but when you don't care about bikes anymore its a chore.

Most bikes are useless luxurie items.
And they serve for not much, besides having some fun on the road with a girl on your back feeling the raw wind.
Great for take weekends on the beach, but even then any car is better overall.

If you want to cross the country just buy a van.
If you want to work as a courier inner city, just ride an elite bicycle.
If you want to travel very far and set a nice camp outdoors, just buy a fucing jeep.

Theres literally no point to have a stupid high CC bike 200cc+.

we dont respect the rules because thats how you get hit. the spectacle thats noticed is offensive driving.

Because bikes are dangerous and noisy pieces of shit.
Fuck bikes and fuck bikers, always cutting people off and crossing lanes and zig zagging on the highway like rules don't apply to them.

It's like Jeep people

My Jeep buddy waves at every Jeep he sees and they do the same

Yeah, I hate this shit. I cant leave my house and go enjoy a ride without having to wave and nod at a bunch of faggots who think we share some common bond because we both ride bicycles or motorcycles. Fuck those niggers.

>bicycle waving
This is a lie, and you known it. All cyclist are egoist competitive rude apes. Don't mix us with suicidal "this may be my last day, so I better say goodbye to my faggy mateys" bikers

My bike uses 3l per 100km, way less than a car..., true, it doesn't have higher top speed than a car but it has much better acceleration up to 100km/h. And let's be real, around the city you mostly drive in the 40-70km/h range anyway, even slower in traffic. And with bike you can skip that traffic. I bought mine to ride to college, it saved me tons of hours commuting throughout the years and money as well. I'd spend around 20$ monthly on gas and 0$ on parking since I can park a bike anywhere. No need to waste time looking for a parking in an overcrowded parking lot either.

Bikes are fucking gay

I had a Harley from 18-20. Didn’t even really like it. Just ended up selling it.

People look and act like faggots when they ride them, besides good gas mileage they are completely retarded. Total death traps too

>you can skip that traffic
Depends on where you live tho.
Driving between lanes is illegal in most of the civilized world

the test got stupidly complex with mutiple theory, hazard, practicals, expensive and difficult to pass while cars got a lot better in speed handling and cost.
Secondhand motorcycles are stupidly expensive now while you can get a fiat 500 for £130 a month no deposit.

>Implying any motorcyclist does any better than 5 under the speed limit

Too many women and idiots on the road.
I dont want to die because so dumb fuck was texting or taking a selfie. That things didnt exists back then.

Drivers have become completely insane

If you drive a motorcycle in the current year, you have nothing to live for