Non standard protagonist

Im sick of all the generic shonen heroes and and beta male cucks that seem so common in anime and manga these days.What are some manga with main characters who break the mold?

Natsuo of Teppu is a great example, shes tall, strong, naturally talented to an absurd degree and shes a bitter spiteful bitch who gets off on demonstrating her superiority to other and whose sole motivation is humiliating her rival.

Kanba from Fujiyama-san.

wonder why its so common to have these beta protags? i mean i'd be cool for them to develop into these competent badasses but usually they stay the same, i think the authors confuse being humble with being a beta cuck

>I'm Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor

>wonder why its so common to have these beta protags?
Because it's easier to self-insert for readers.
AKA, it sells well.

Fuck off to /wsr/, newfag cancer.

Reminder to rage and seport request threads.
If you're too lazy to search for yourself, you don't belong here.

>it's easier to self-insert for readers
And why is that relevant? Hokuto no Ken pushed fighting manga into popularity, and I doubt many people could relate to Kenshiro

>He doesn't punch bikers so hard that they explode.

I really fucking liked teppuu
shame it had to end early
it was less sports because it was incredibly unrealistic but godamn were the characters good

Having a MC like that doesn't mean anything. With that criteria, you should read Death Note.

>incredibly unrealistic
It wasn't.

Truly one of the most underrated MC's of all time. It's to believe that an MC this good came from Cuckrea. Too bad the ending was shit, so were the author/artist other series. Except Island, Island is pretty fucking good .

>starts the series as an intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor beta
>develops over the course of the series into an intelligent and inspiring optimist, while still retaining a sharp tongue and a serious attitude

the best

Savage.

Sounds like Ichigo. You know, from that great manga called Bleach? And Luffy from the magnificent one piece, in fact Luffy is so unique he can enlarge himself.

Regardless of how you feel about deathnote, Light is clearly a very unique protagonist, especially by shonen MC standards.

>sick of generic protagonists
>likes edgelord sue protagonist

Try out Boku no Pico. It'll blow your mind.

>What are some manga with main characters who break the mold?

what mangu?

HOLY FUCK LUNG CANCER IS SO COOL

He pisses me off by the sole fact that he hasn't pumped Levy's womb full of semen by now. Like, wtf is he waiting for? She has been waiting since the first chapter.

> Man I really wish I was a spineless coward like that MC

Said no-one ever

He was great. Truly a shame he wasn't the "real" mc.

Kill yourself.

Mx0

Why do you think so? It's heavily implied that they've fucked at least at some point in the past, if not regularly.
They are a bit too comfortable with each other when she is walking around half-naked.

brainless monkeys like you should just get some rope. he didn't say only manga with self insert characters are popular, only that there are more popular ones with them, and that it's much easier to get popular with them

I think it's more that she knows that Rock doesn't have the guts to touch her. At least in the manga It is confirmed that they haven't had sex. There's a shit ton of sexual tension as the scene that you mentioned. I like the way you think though, it would make me dislike Rock a bit less.

>Instead of using the power to give Eve another chance, he turns best boy into a girl.
>Doesn't even try to revive best boy's sister so they can run off and incest each other.
I hate Adam.

You know I don't necessarily think they have to turn into huge badass alpha leads but for fuck's sake can they at least stop being spineless pussies. Be normal! Humble is fine you don't have to look down on people or go looking for shit but after however many fights you should at least have some modicum of self confidence

legit autist

>Brainless fools who don't understand the characters

Revy likes rock because hes a good boy (though shes mostly just telling herself that now). Defiling him ruins it.

And rock just isnt really interested in Revy outside of her usage as a tool.

as expected from a superior intellectual

You need to understand the mood of that scene. It wasn't comfort.

But if he came onto her I doubt she would object for even a second.

Normal reader is a spineless beta. Fact!

I don't remember Adam turning himself into a girl.

Funnily enough, he does turn into a girl in the manga. I wish I was making this shit up

>didn't provide evidence
Please tell me female Adam's a shotacon.

That's from an actual serialized manga? Always seen it posted and thought it was from a ero doujinshi.

I don't know if its real or not. Honestly it could be either.

It's 100% real. Adam's that based.

Adam just can't help but be sexy. Was hoping he'd be a muscle girl tho.

You gotta look at Seinen for that.

This? Turned from pussy into badass by the second manga (dear god not the anime).

Also Vash the Stampede from Trigun, and maybe to a lesser extent Kaneki from TG:re.

she's the generic as fuck edgy guy but a female
fuck off with that trash meme manga
waste of time reading it

more of a psychopath

Ippo is the same, the dude is his country champion, has defended his title several times, has beat other champions too and still get scared shitless when he has to fight a newbie with a 1-0 record.

This, to a degree

I'm sure when we read those manga or watch that anime with the """"humble"""" beta male who'd rather stare his adversary down(who is literally stomping him in the head) than put up a fight, I'm sure most of us are pulling our hair out because of his inaction. This is of course, assuming both him and the asshole antagonist are equal. I hate it when the protag just stands there all shocked at the villain, who takes the moment to monologue and cackle, usually with that good ol' shit eating evil grin, who then proceeds to wail on our protag-not because he's weaker, but usually because he's to beta to do anything.

Yasaburou is THE most unorthodox protagonist I have ever fucking seen in an anime. He has no notable agenda other than to make his immediate surroundings interesting. He's the kind of character that more often than not would show up occasionally and hint that he orchestrates the calamities going on around the protagonist, all for the sake of his own amusement. But he himself is the protagonist, doing all that, while being incredibly smart while also equally stupid.

Despite this his portrayal makes him highly relatable and genuine as a person, who balances his responsibilities and obligations to his family with his own personal mission to make his life as interesting as possible.

>neither shonen or beta male

This is who you're looking for.

Came here to post this. I'm amazed to see it mentioned.

I thought the MCs in this one were a bit different than most protags in vigilante stories

reverse search yielded nothing, pause for sauce?

I think it was more of him being a fucking sociopath and nobody ever noticed. Dude would probably drag home a dying kid and treat them similarly if he had the chance.

Needless

t you
t. me

>gets scared and cried when having sex for the first time with a woman
>gets NTRed so hard that his seed is overwritten by his boss's
>not beta

I guess Aiyoku no Eustia counts since it has a manga adaptation.

My nigga
>Likes girl
>Asks her out in the first fucking chapter instead of pussyfooting around for 100+
>Goes lewd from time to time

How could we forget about Harima?

President is absolutely based and every mc should aspire to be like him.

also best girl won

t. gold digger

>HariMAN

>Harimanly

>What are some manga with main characters who break the mold?
Not manga, but Subaru from Re:Zero is non-standard.

Gash Bell

No game no life contain 2 interesting protagonist

Gintama is a special protagonist too

must be nice to be a loser who works no job and doesnt go to school

in Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer the protagonist unhesitatingly agrees to destroy the world at the behest of the damsel in destress

And then fucking doesn't. Look I liked it and all but the way it turned out being was disappointing.

I was OK with it because he brought the cop-out home when she survived her surgery

The mechanics behind the actual grappling, weight advantage, how some are naturally talented, different types of fighters and the stand up fighting plus the mentality of certain fighters were all actually pretty spot on. The only one that was exaggerated was the protag herself.

Wasn't that even more of a cop-out? I mean, I wanted them to end up together, but as the destroyers of earth, not normalfags with diluted personalities. And so what if it's fucking edgy? People are too scared to be edgy now, and things have become stale and boring.

1986 was a different time. Not everyone was a giant beta pussy, and men still romanticized fighting, since it was an era of semi-peace. But with excessive peace, comes hikikomoris and declining birthrates.

It was a story about growing up. This is consistent and the "I'll die with you" replacement was fitting enough. It's not as fun/shocking as MCs destroying the world but It made a better manga

>bitch who gets off on demonstrating her superiority to other and whose sole motivation is humiliating her rival
Are there other examples of this character type? I suddenly feel like I need that.

>It was a story about growing up
So every generic shonen ever?
>It's not as fun/shocking as MCs destroying the world but It made a better manga
Yeah no not really. I'm sick of this shit where endings are always cliche as possible, give me something with an unconventional ending for once. Have the protagonists or lose, or the MC not just go along with whatever ideals the other hero characters try to coax him into despite being the most stubborn person in existence. I don't consider a cliche, predictable and disappointing ending "a better manga". That's pretty much the worst outcome possible actually.

>walk in newsummerfag thread
>Im sick of all the generic shonen heroes and and beta male cucks that seem so common in anime and manga these days.

>walk in isekai thread
>Im sick of all the generic chuuny edgy alpha male bulls that that seem so common in in WN and manga these days.
>All praise shield cuck and re:cuck Subaru!

Shit is hilarious.

the ending surprised me, I liked it

especially after multiple well-liked characters were pretty brutally killed off I was ready for a bad end here or a cliffhanger

>newfags/summerfags
>not being the biggest spouters of the HURR DURR EDGY meme

I could tell they were gonna go for the cliche ending around the time he starting eating ramen with those guys. The way his character acted had devolved.

>So every generic shonen ever?
Generic shonen usually dont tackle the subject like that. Instead of powerlevel shit, everything in Samidare was about characters gaining wisdom and mental empowering through various means including digging holes on a mountain.

>m-muh unconventional
That's retarded. Trying too hard to be a special snowflake only makes your story worse. Not every story has to subvert your expectations and even in stories that want to, there needs to be a balance for that to work.

he was depressed by having no people he considered equals as peers and by a lack of purpose in life, so when he was given a mission and a purpose it was only natural for him to become happier

oldfag here, go back to 9gag with these low quality posts

>oldfag here
It's sad when something doesn't improve with time.

He stopped being a self-hating NEET and went for the Chad route instead. Of course he wouldn't be suicidal by the end

I think you are mistaking newfags and normalfags, though in no way its mutually exclusive.

I know a whole bunch but Im not telling. Get fucked op and lurk moar

>That's retarded. Trying too hard to be a special snowflake only makes your story worse.
No, not really. Only if you suck at writing and can only hack out generic shit anyway. Which a lot of writers are, but that's just them being shit.

An unconventional and for unconventional ending's sake is shit. The ending has to make sense in-story, be cinsistent with it, feel right, and Samidare's definitely did.

>an unconventional ending
Is what I meant to say. Also
>consistent
Fuck my fingers.

Only if they didn't write the story with that kind of ending in mind, and making sense in-story doesn't make a cliche ending any less predictable and boring. It wouldn't have been inconsistent in-story even for it to have ended differently. Which just makes the ending all the more disappointing because you know it could have pulled off them destroying earth and they went for the generic route anyway.

10/10 bait though, the beginning had me really excited to see what would happen.