What's worse?

What's worse?
>Good story, shitty art
>Shitty story, good art
>Good story and good art, but you have to wait at least one month per chapter
Decide.

Caring about art style is something children do.

We are reading comic books for children.

The five most important aspects of anime:
1. Story
2. Story
3. Story
4. Sound (acting, music, FX)
5. Visuals (design and animation)

>Good story, shitty art
Should just be a novel
>Shitty story, good art
Perfectly suited for comics

bullshit desu. Acting > everything else put together. Applies to live-action film too

Waiting doesn't bother me since there's tons of good stuff out there and story is more important than art, so shitty story and good art is the worst.
Case in point, OPM.

Is this Dezaki?

I'm a drawfag so I require both. I don't mind waiting for it.

>Good story, shitty art
An artist can improve their drawing skills as they go, but a shitty story will be shitty until the end.

I kind of agree with the novel bit. Anime and manga is a visual format so people saying the art isn't important is fucking stupid. It's a bad reason to make shitty artwork to house a good story. That is what I call a huge fucking waste.

Characters > Art > Story

A good set of characters can carry the whole show, the art is just secondary and it would just complement the characters, the story can be anything and it will be good as long the characters are "strong" enough.

>Good story, shitty art
This one. I'd be reading an actual book if I didn't care about the art.

This is true but the quality of characterization in anime and manga comes mostly from the voice acting and the character expressions, not the script

A good story can carry bland characters too, see Shinsekai yori.

No matter how good the writing is, the art has to work on some level. I can forgive shitty art if it complements the writing's tone somehow, but generally bad art makes everything unreadable. If the strenght of a series is text boxes then it's in the wrong medium. The only sane choice is the third option.

if you want good art so much, then go look at a painting you faggot

>story
who cares xd
it's like reading a book for the plot, pants on head
interesting visual presentation is way more important

Is there any influential classic that didn't have good visuals? At least relative to the skill in the field at the time.

legend of the galactic heroes

Macross
Mahoutsukai Sally

lmao epic