Uchouten Kazoku

>The second book is about the succession of the tanukis, and the third book will most likely portray the succession of tengus and the tanuki brothers who are affected. -Morimi
The working title of the third part is Tengu Taisen. Not brand new info or anything, but I only now read it.

Uchouten thread

Other urls found in this thread:

natalie.mu/comic/pp/uchoten2/page/3
manga-zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Source: natalie.mu/comic/pp/uchoten2/page/3

Third book can't come soon enough です

>Book 3 will be about Tengu
>Book 3 will be more of based Nidaime blowing the fuck out of Benten
Can't fucking wait.

inb4 the climax is Soun trying to fuck with the Shimogamos AGAIN

See you fags next week and then 2 years later.

I want to cum on Nidaime's couch.

It's amazing how silly and at the same time dramatic and serious it can be at the same time durign certain scenes..

>2 years later

You wish.

Good interview, an interesting read. The part about Seiran made me wonder if Yajiro would eventually live with Seiran's family instead of her moving to Kyoto.

There's something that sounded like foreshadowing for it, mom says Soichirou was afraid to let Yajirou leave Kyoto, because he believed he might never come back.

I'd be fine with Yajiro leaving as long as it's after the trilogy ends. Though I'm not sure what a frog like him would do in the 3rd novel if it's about tengu.

>it's about Ben10 and 2daime slowly becoming allies and taking charge of the tengu world

JUSTICE FOR YODOGAWA

but that's Ponpoko Kamen, an ally of justice

Wrong pic.

Will this man's evil deeds ever come to a halt?

This season doesn't have enough of the best brother.

Will Benten finally submit to the big tengu cock?

Just finished episode 11, and I'm wondering if Kaisei was in on Soun faking his death and impersonating her brother?

Would her running away be a part of it as well to hide her involvement?

The music made that moment.

That sounds completely ridiculous.

Just my thoughts, user.

I'm really eager for next weeks episode now.

I hope next week's episode has more Gyokuran being best girl even for just a few more scenes.

How quickly she jumps to the aid of her husbando is something to be admired.

So am I the only one enjoying Season 2 much more than 1? The last thread people kept thrashing this season as a rehash for some reason.

I think most people enjoy season 2 more, I sure am

People are just made because the very very high level plot is the same. Execution and plot mechanics are completely different so I don't mind at all.

The plot doesn't need to be complicated or even original. The characters are what really makes the show. So whats important to me is that the plot is able to bring out and justify the emotions of the characters.

Thankyou. I thought I was going crazy from all the faggots last thread. Especially that Benten shitposter.

I'm enjoying the seasons about the same overall, but I do dislike the reuse of the Ebisugawa-trap-the-Shimogamos-and-trick-everyone-at-the-Nisemon-election structure, particularly after Soun's great "death".

It's still hard for me to believe Nidaime is voiced by Majima Junji of all people. Didn't know he had the range for this kind of character.

I enjoyed both. It's the kind of show that's so fun in the moment I always feel bad when the episode ends because I want more. The whimsical nature of all the characters makes it so even when the characters are in life and death situations it doesn't feel like the stakes are all that high, which is like the whole point of Yasaburo's outlook so it all fits together incredibly well.

I'm rambling probably but yeah, I liked both.

I definitely enjoyed season 2 more.

I'm not bothered by Soun being the bad guy again since there's so much going on apart from that.

I enjoyed the first more because of the subject matter, but I wouldn't have season 2 go any other way. It feels like a really natural progression and the characters' priorities have changed so of course the style is going to be different. I love both. Soun's death was the first time an anime has choked me up in years.

Are Tanuki,Tengu and Oni nthe only yokai in the novels/show? can't remeber exactly

Yajiro is only goodlooking in fanart.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

He's hot in the show too.

I want a tanuki

I want a tanuki wife

Stufu. Benten is clearly a furry and therefore will gobble up Yasaburo's fluffy balls and cock.

Is it a crime?

Is seiran small for her age or is she a child?

>Going right back to Shikoku for waifu he just met
Based Frogbro

Who cares?

Tanuki have shown no indication of actually having a legal system, so probably not.

Why is a hahaue of 4 allowed to be this cute?

How does the second season compare to the first?

Read the thread.

Yasaburou has been so smug this season, I don't think it particularly fits him.

Makes you wonder how that mixes with observable businesses like producing brandy. Like do humans demand tax

He's always been mischievous.

>nidaime and/or benten was actually soun all along

I only watched Season 1 a week or two ago, but it felt very incomplete to me. Season 2 has really filled in the show a lot, and feels like the missing second cour.

I'm honestly not sure why season 1 was so high rated on its own.

>Yasaburo was actually Soun all along

>I'm honestly not sure why season 1 was so high rated on its own.
It sold like crap.

I liked that for the most part, there didn't need to be more context than required. If I remember there wasn't any awkward exposition dumping. You were told enough to understand what was going on and could easily infer the rest. I never had the feeling of missing information. It felt natural and life-like.

Commercial success =/= critical acclaim

Went back to read the previous thread and I can't believe there are posters like who still think Yasaburou should have openly picked Benten.

If he had said he liked her better he knows it would just lead him into deeper shit because Benten would then go on to trap him with leading questions like "well if you like me better why did you ask Nidaime?" "If you like me better then go do __________ for me" and it'd be never ending. Answering that he respects both as tengu was not only the answer she should have expected in a public setting but the safest way for Yasaburou to keep his options open in the future if he has to do something against Benten's wishes.

>If he had said he liked her better he knows it would just lead him into deeper shit because Benten would then go on to trap him with leading questions like "well if you like me better why did you ask Nidaime?" "If you like me better then go do __________ for me" and it'd be never ending.
>If you like me better then go do __________ for me"
I'm and I'd like to point out that I did acknowledge that as a potential reason in my original post (, "Did he think committing to her side would get him wrapped up in shit further?"). My stance on "he knows..." is that, without any direct evidence of that thought process, it seems a lot to just assume, particularly coming from Yasaburo the serial flatterer, and the same guy who just a few episodes ago went on at length about how much he'd like to eat tanuki in front of a bunch of tanuki-eaters who very well could and did try to pull him into their shit. And my stance on what what he should have done is that (as you're probably tired of me repeating by now) the immediate situation was serious and would seem to me to take precedence over those later concerns, which he could try to deal with as they came. Yasaburou himself had acknowledged a few episodes back that Benten's anger regarding Nidaime was not the kind of anger he could play around with.

I still don't buy the "public setting" rationale, but I think we've clearly come to an impasse on that part. Actually, we're basically at an impasse on everything, we can't seem to agree at all and I think we just have fundamentally different views of Yasaburo and his dynamics with others.

That scene was great.

Everything in it made that moment,

>Soun was actually Soichiro all along
>Soun was actually yasaburo's dad all along

Soichirou is Yasaburo's dad, though. The true plot twist to end all plot twists would be "Kureichirou is Soun, and Soun-Kureichirou is actually Kureichirou."

We saw Soichirou go to heaven though

we actually saw soun go to heaven

I think what he's saying is that the "Soun" we see would then be Souichirou.

He couldn't transform anymore, that was the same Souichirou we saw in childhood, young adulthood, and late adulthood. He was acknowledged by Akadama. They would have to have completely switched at a time so early that the swap would be meaningless in the first place because their personalities have been unchanged. The only swap would be that they switched names as very young children, and maybe family inheritance, at birth, but that's meaningless since all of their achievements have been earned, not inherited.

Plastic surgery of the soul.

but we were joking

>now you repent, butts out
>now you scheme again, plant this gun

Man if I could also leave my hikki comfort zone and find myself a loli brown friend shortly after i'd do I

He wouldn't have needed plastic surgery by what I just said. Besides, giant tengu jew noses can pick up tanuki scents anyway, which would have tipped Akadama off to it at any point, not to mention his family and society.

Anything to bump the thread.

>2 years later
Third book isn't even out yet unfortunately.

> He wouldn't have needed plastic surgery by what I just said
Yes, I know. I'm giving an alternate explanation since yours makes the swap meaningless, like you just said.
>not to mention his family and society.
Society literally didn't notice the swap with Kureichirou, though. And his family didn't recognize his scent the last time they saw him, remember? What if that weren't because of the baths, but because it was Soun all along?

i'm gonna learn japanese and read the novels before the third one comes out!

The immediate situation being serious doesn't mean he should just not think about how his current answer could affect his future options. That's aho even for him. He knows how to play the long game with how he didn't cash on on the Nidaime favour immediately.

Watch the episode again and see how it's a public setting with all the tanuki elders still huddled in the background. He knows when he can get away with being a fool and when the situation calls for seriousness and propriety. He can clown the Friday Fellows about being a tanuki eater because he's not beholden to humans who don't know anything about who he really is or where he lives, he can make fun of Akadama too when he can read the mood and know he'll be able to cajole his way out of it.

Knowing that Benten's anger about Nidaime is serious is why he has to give a serious answer and respect both, as any tanuki should be doing. It's not a situation where he can side Benten and think that Benten will not hold him to it very seriously if she wants to a second time.

What is even Soun's agenda at this point? He fucked up every possibility that he had. Did he expect to remain as his son's impostor forever? What does him becoming Niseemon again even achieve? Power for powers sake? I know tanuki are retarded and petty but still, he and his brother seemed to be a bit better than the rest.
From both logical and narrative pov it'd be best to have this character fuck off somewhere forever.

He still wants to stop Kaisei and Yasaburou's marriage. Yaichirou speaks in favor of it and would have power as the magistrate.

His eyes and lethargic demeanor just make me think of sneezy the dwarf as an anime character.

are there any raws of Uchouten Kazoku manga?

Yes.
manga-zip net/archives/129136.html

thanks, i like the designs

I call those sexy bedroom eyes.
I find everything about him sexy, even his mullet.

He's extremely petty. His inferiority complex is so big that even now, years and years afterwards, even after being exposed of all his misdeeds, he still doesn't give a fuck about all that and all he keeps wanting is to for once outshine his brother, to take something that was his for himself for even the briefest moment, even if to do it he has to do it in the most roundabout way and that's guaranteed to be discovered sooner or later. That's how pathetic he is. He doesn't care anymore, he's completely lost it, he just want to be called "Soun the Niseemon" even if the title lasts for 5 minutes because in his crazy-ass full of inferiority mind being able to do that will FINALLY make him better than his brother that he envied so much.

He is completely and absolutely mental, even for Tanuki's standards.

Agreed mein freund

They'd call him Kureichiro the niseemon.

Ebisugawa-san.

Still makes a difference. He actually needs to put down his ego as Soun to besmirch his memory as much as he has as Kureichiro and gain the society's trust again.

The more I think about the last episode, the more I think that 90% of the tannuki literally deserve nothing more than being eaten.

You and me both user.

>implying he can cut their red string of fate

I finally catch one of these threads

What has been everyones favorite part of season 2?

Gyokuran being added to the main cast.

Friday Fellows meeting in 7.

frogbro going on the trip and discovering dad prepared a loli for him

The ending scene where Kaisei shows herself to Yasaburou

it was really fucking cute

>The immediate situation being serious doesn't mean he should just not think about how his current answer could affect his future options.
Of course not, but my argument is that the immediate danger of his answer overwhelmed the future danger of other possible answers.
> Watch the episode again and see how it's a public setting with all the tanuki elders still huddled in the background.
I already said last thread the reasons why I don't think that'd change things.

> He can clown the Friday Fellows about being a tanuki eater because he's not beholden to humans who don't know anything about who he really is or where he lives
Except Benten and Jurojin (or at least Tenmaya) do.

> Knowing that Benten's anger about Nidaime is serious is why he has to give a serious answer and respect both
>a serious answer
He didn't, though, he just dodged the question. She was asking a personal question (because to her the whole thing is personal; this isn't just a power play), and he demurred with "I respect you both," which clearly does not address the real point, and which he should/would have known was not going to pass muster. It was an extremely weak attempt at non-commitment and at changing the rules of a discussion when she clearly was not going to allow that (and as we saw with her pipe-throwing, it made her angrier and the situation was resolved only by the unexpected arrival of Nidaime). I don't see how that's a serious answer.

Soun's death and the buildup. Too bad they wasted it, though.

I hope Kaisei gets knocked up while in heat. Fucking slutty tanukis.

Truly a ride or die bitch.

Well looking back, Soun's words did mean "watch me die with your own two eyes."

This one.

>immediate danger of his answer overwhelmed the future danger of other possible answers.
No it doesn't. If he said he liked her better right there it'd turn into Benten trapping him with "Then why did you ask Nidaime?" and he wouldn't be able to give any satisfactory answer which gives her reason to really attack him. When he replied he respected both, what can she do? That's what a tanuki is supposed answer to tengu. She can throw a tantrum but she wasn't going to kill any tanuki there, she just said she'd eat them if they were in a hotpot.

>Except Benten and Jurojin (or at least Tenmaya) do.
He could clown them because Benten wasn't going to blow his cover. Jurojin doesn't know anything about him and I doubt Tenyama knew or else he would have told Jurojin instead of wipe Benten's mess up by making a deal with Soun to catch tanuki. Either way, he got away with lying to them and only got caught because of Soun which Yasaburou couldn't have helped whatever he did.

>She was asking a personal question
She was making it personal with Yasaburou but it wasn't at all personal for the tanuki, they just wanted Nidaime so they wouldn't have to be afraid of the hotpot during their ceremony. Since it wasn't personal for tanuki or Yasaburou, why should he have to placate her? I already mentioned above why answering yes would be a trap right there and in the future. She was clearly getting mad but I disagree she was going to kill him. She's still kind and not going to kill him herself. Only eat him if he's served in front of her.