How do we fix the Magical Girl genre?

How do we fix the Magical Girl genre?

We kill idols.

By translating Minky Momo

Make them kill each other.

there's nothing wrong with it. twin angel is AotS. people are just confused because they didn't watch season one.

>edgy shounenshit with a mahou shoujo paintjob

By turning me into a magical girl.

Cut down on the stock footage.

You don't like nearly third of the episode being stock footage?

Where's Madoka? Where's YuYuYu? Where's Raising Project? Where's Nanoha?

This list seems awfully sparse considering all the new IPs in the post-Madoka world.

>no symphogear
>no macros

not OP but it says "for girls". yuyuyu and nanoha are otakushit, madoka and raising project are shounen.

Combine it with the idol genre, obviously.

And yet all those shows are better than crap for preschool girls.

those ones specifically no because cardcaptor sakura exists, but there is an otakushit pinnacle of the genre in existence.

OP you're an adult now, there's no fucking way you will ever be able to enjoy stuff like SM or CCS or Rayheart without getting bored.
Those were shows made to be watched once per day/week in your free time and you really didn't care about the plot to begin with so any flaw just flew off your head.

>sailor moon
>sakura
>rayhearth
>boring
>flaws
crawl back into your jojo thread, hideous creature.

Raising Project and Yuyuyu are really bad. I really don't have any words for it. Nanoha is passable at best.

I enjoyed CCS despite being an adult because it's good. Sailor Moon is neither good nor has a good adaptation.

madoka has a weaker plot and worse character writing than all three. kiddies really love that edge though.

I was able to enjoy sailor moon and didn't start it until I was twenty five. it's got nothing on CCS though, but that goes for almost everything.

Stop using little girls and use 20 year olds instead.

More loli and fanservice

>madoka has weaker plot / worse character writing than yuyuyu or raising project
When you have to specify character writing instead of just writing who do you think you're fooling? What do you have against Madoka? Madoka is just really well written and directed, it has production values. Shockingly people enjoy production values.

>Madoka shounen

>old used up hags will fix what isn't broken!!

>muh time loop paradoxes
>feel sorry for this immortal character
>shoehorned plot devices everywhere
homura is the same character as subaru. no wonder both series are so popular with the children

>non-anime reaction images
this is madoka fans in a nutshell.

If you make a comparison to Yuyuyu and Raising Project. Include them in your analysis. Don't exclude them from your comparison otherwise it just seems like you're namedropping titles for baiting sake

>not having anime reactions meems is being a madoka fan in a nutshell

I specified those bad qualities in contrast to the other series that lack them, obviously. basic contextual reading comprehension. you're just pretending your random standards somehow make how badly I just thrashed your favorite edgy series void.

it means you're a crossboarder who doesn't know the rules here.

Pleb: Madoka
Patrician: Unsubbed 70's mahou shoujo

Sauce. Nao.

We fix it the same way we fix any other basic premise.

Experiment. Don't be afraid to do something new. Not all edgy magical girls have to be Madoka clones. Not everything has to be Precure.

>implying shit because lulz
I know the rules and btw subaru is a shit character that shouldnt be compared to the objectively better character Homura.

>tfw nobody is watching anime of the season

Do you want more "traditional" magical girls? Couldn't it be that the genre itself changed and you don't like it anymore?

70s shoujo look like shit.

seems like you're not actually willing to go in a discussion and just call me names for no reason. This is my last (You)

>both have time loop powers
>both are immortal because of these powers
>both are obsessed with a female character
>both are emotionally immature and cry and bitch about their juvenile problems
>both don't grasp the ramifications of their immortality
>you are expected to feel empathy for both characters
same shit.

But according to Sup Forums any mahou shoujo that isn't precure-tier is a madoka ripoff, even if it only has surface-level similarities to it.

I want an overarching plot with a perfect mix of serious and comedy. A unique premise and characters wouldn't hurt.

>go into detail about why madoka is bad
>get nothing but meta-discussion responses
>"hurr I totally want to be on subject though I wish you would discuss it with me except I'm totally not talking anymore"

see watch season one first.

If you consider that
>going into detail
That says more about you than it does about me

Do I skip the 2008 OVA?

why are me and you relevant? I'm talking about madoka and why it's bad, you're the one that refuses to approach that subject.

You're just setting the conditions. Opinions are opinions. If you can't make a comparative analysis then by no means do I give a shit about you 'going into detail'. Tell me why Yuyuyu and Raising Project are actually good.

I loved the 08 OVA, though it's not a strict prequel as tokimeki is. I recommend it.

the series definitely has a lot of parodic elements to it, but will probably surprise you with how dark it can get. we all shat a brick a couple episodes ago this season, villain did maybe the coldest thing from any anime currently airing. definitely has that good mix of comedy, serious tone and originality.

lack of pretentiousness in presenting plots that don't have gaping holes or rely on empathy for juvenile characters which in comparison madoka has.

Yes, but I don't really have any arguments, but I still think that Madoka is better than you're favorite anime, so why don't you go back to plebbit?

>lack of pretentiousness means its good
See. Here's where the flaw in your logic lies.
You haven't told me why it's actually good. You haven't explained why you think Madoka is pretentious. You haven't explained why you think something being pretentious means it is automatically worse than anything that isn't pretentious. You haven't actually told me why either Raising Project or Yuyuyu is good.
>rely on empathy for juvenile characters
If you can't feel empathy for a character just because they're literally hitler I advise you to start thinking for yourself instead. Since this just comes of as virtue signalling. It's a doggy dog world out there you know.

flip flappers already saved it

But homura isnt immortal, I mean if she is immortal is because madoka is, she got so powerful because of madoka.
To be able to protect something powerful you must become more powerful to be able to protect it.
I like to think Homura will give a normal life to Madoka, but the thing is after she dies of old age or natural causes, What happens to Homura? Or madoka just cant die because she is still a godess and the next movie is going to be about the conflict between homura and madoka?

as pointless as talking to re:zero fags

I would agree with you but the last four episodes of that show exist unfortunately.

Reminder that YuYuYu has a second season coming out this fall and Muhdoka has nothing. Stay salty, cucks.

>no arguments
As expected

>Reminder that YuYuYu
How do they continue after that epic conclusion of 'it was all a dream'? I'm genuinely curious to see that play out.

as much of an argument as moving goalposts or ad hominem which is all you have.

I just finished Flipflap the other day. What exactly was wrong with the last 4 episodes?

read >

>it was all a dream
What the fuck are you talking about

I wrote an extra "to be able", i hope that doesnt trigger someone.

>the argument isn't about madoka, it's about these animes!
moving goalposts.
>it's because you are virtue signaling and you should think for yourself!
ad hominem.

yawn.

Tell me how Yuyuyu's conclusion wasn't basically jsut that

read >

I can't if you didn't even watch the anime.

Read the novels you pleb.

I did, and explained how your argument is fallacious.

>just read the poorly translated novels
The novels are irrelevant.

So you forgot about it already?

Maybe you should kill yourself then, you uncultured swine.

read >

I think you got confused with the ending to Madoka, because that was all Homura's dream.

no I'm talking about yuyuyu alright

great argument

No, seriously, you're the one who claimed the ending was "it was all a dream", and there's nothing in the last episode that could even hint towards that. Why would you even think that?

Holy shit, you're as dumb as a brick. Remove yourself from the gene pool already.

>madocuck intellectuals

>nothing to hint at
It's not about hinting. It's about reverting any character progression.

great argument

Anti-YuYuYu fags, everyone.

>It's about reverting any character progression.
Why are you lying about the show to back up your bullshit claim?

I'm not anti anything.

>Why are you lying about the show
Those two pictures aren't enough proof to you or what?

where is Pleiades faggot?

Neither of those pictures support your claims that "it was a dream" or "character progression got reverted". You're just brainlessly shitposting, which is all you madokafag losers can do.

DELET

In the trash.

>these pictures don't prove
Then you are literally not looking at the pictures. And since I've taken them myself it also proves I've seen the show

YuYuYu
>Girls become crippled due to fighting as magical girls, God decides to uncripple and retire them from duty as they pose a risk to the world

t. hasn't read the novels

Lmao

>since I've taken them myself
Irrelevant, but also wrong, since you obviously saved them off Sup Forums.
And I looked at them, but they don't at all correlate to your rambling. If anything it shows how Tougou developed as a character.

The novels don't even have anything to do with it, this fag clearly never even watched the anime.

More suffering.

I'm not talking about the novels here. I'm talking about the anime. We're on Sup Forums

>irrelevant but wrong
No it's not wrong. I've taken them myself.
>they don't corelate to your rambling
Okay buddy.

Shitty cop-out writing. Lower than fanfiction.net

great argument

We return to a pre- Sailor Moon era: no monster of the week, no big bad, simply a SoL about a little with magical powers.

>We're on Sup Forums
Great argument

You're the only one that brought up novels. Not me.

Give them boyfriends.

>Sup Forums can only discuss the anime adaptation and not the franchise as a whole

Also, LNs are allowed on Sup Forums.

fuck off cancer

Great argument.

It's not about what is and isn't allowed. It's about what is and isn't on topic. You are the only one that brought up the novels on an anime board.