I can't even
we already did this with Retsu
the last line of this chapter is literally "That's Hanayama fer ya!"
stop

If Hanayama actually does die I'm fucking done riding this Musashi train

I, on the other hand, am basically fucking stuck here until Musashi dies

I miss arstavial

End chapter.

For some reason, a number of our Nip counterparts are saying that Hanayama has won. Fairly sure that they're being sarcastic. They mostly think that Hanayama's gonna die, though.

I am surprised Musashi s brain still works.He has been having a lot of strong traumas to the head, and lack of oxygen against memetobi shpuld have damaged it too.

Here what will happen.
Musashi kill hanayama and maybe oliva and doppo which will show baki his way.
He will also beat yuijro but not kill him which will set up a round 3 between them with yujiro having a midlife crises and a breakthrough getting even stronger.
Then baki ponders something.
End of Dou.

the fuck could Oliva possibly contribute
And Musashi's already fought/discarded Doppo

no... Baki will fight Musashi using swords, Yujiro gets cucked

bump, cus why not

>oliva
pls no

Dou is for baki's character growth, doppo dying will be huge for him.

This is probably the best Hanayama page since "Want Some More"

What the fuck are they doing
Motobe already protected them and they still expose themselves to this danger yet again.

Motobe shoudl've sealed the deal and kill Musashi then and there protect the characters from their death and protect us the readers of months and months of Musashi jerking off.

He didn't want to destroy a treasure.

Musashi went easy on him, he knew memetobe didn't want to kill him.

Jesus christ, that an ugly art

I missed a few chapters how'd Hayama even begin to start beating up Musashi?

The government asked for his help after Musashi killed a bunch of cops.

>strong
Dot see how could you expect hanayama to really beat musashi with just bruter force, when the guy was able to witstand pickles attacks.

Right, but how did he get to a position that pickle couldn't?

Hayama's basically inferior to pickle in every part.

What, not this?

That's a lie; fuck off. It says nothing like that in the raw text, no matter what Kevin tells you.

In the fight with Katsumi at the tournament, they made a point that Hanayama didn't hit his opponents while they were knocked down. It's ok if you pick them up first?

Musashi took his haymaker on purpose.

Musashi outright says that he's still good to go there. After that, Hanayama hits him again.

IT'S OVER, CÜCKSASHI IS FINISHED!

HOW WILL HE EVER RECOVER?

Oh so he's just being retarded on purpose again

Does anyone else really dislike the characterization of Musashi in this?

For a "sword saint", he surely comes off as a ruffian/greedy simpleton

Itagaki took that one sentence from the book of five rings about the spoils of the way of the sword being glory for oneself and one's daimyo and based his entire character off it

I also don't like how inconsistent his powerlevel has been. At one point he's Yuujiro levels (and even impressing Yuujiro), then he's taking multiple serious strikes from people objectively much worse than Yuujiro. Yuujiro would never be seriously struck by Hanayama. Or Retsu. Or have a scar left on his face by fucking Motobe of all people

>Thinking anyone but Baki or Yuujiro can kill him/decisively defeat him

>kill Doppo

Kek. Never

Itagaki's favorite character

Baki doesn't run on real physics, at least not for the important characters

They get hit by impacts that leave craters on concrete walls and don't instantly die

Name a more retarded manga.

Terra Formars?

Toriko

Except memtobe himself admitting musashi won.
>inb4 he pulled the sword out

Both of those are still better than this. And how dare you besmirch the name of Toriko. It was dumb but at least it was self aware or do I need to remind you that plot armor is edible in that series.

Musashi admitted Memetobe won, too.

> how dare you besmirch the name of Toriko
I sometimes forget Torikofags actually existed. That series was fucking terrible, get over it. The art was shit, the characters were shit, the fights were shit, the story was shit.

>t. I've only read 5 manga

He says while reading Baki?

It was dumb fun, I never said it was good.

I don't see a direct relationship between dumbness and quality, or lack thereof. I like Baki BECAUSE it's unashamedly dumb.

So what does this actually say, if the typeset version we have is inaccurate?

>it wasn't good, but it was fun!
I fucking hate this bullshit. You rush to defend the series while copping out of actually having to defend anything about it.

>He says while reading Baki?
Baki has much better art, characters, and fights than Toriko. Story's pretty weak but still better than Toriko's garbage on the whole. Dou is shit, though.

>I don't see a direct relationship between dumbness and quality
There isn't one. But baki is dumb in a way that has me coming back to watch just how bad things will be next. Toriko is dumb but in a way that keeps me coming back because it's awesome. You'd think that having a cloned swordman fight a caveman would be exciting but it wasn't. Toriko had the main group perform a mating dance for an ancient monkey and made it amusing.

I'll defend the art. The fights stayed hype even to the end. The series was legitimately good up until around the Gourmet Pyramid and then it started to get a little ridiculous. Once the fight between Toriko's mentor and his brother set in, and Minority world became a thing the series was pants on head retarded. I still stuck around because the author made it entertaining.

What gets me is that people will shit on something with simple reasons but demand that others put in more work. You said it was bad and left it at that. I'm within my reasons to say it's good with nothing more to qualify it. Unless you care to elaborate more about why you think it's bad that is beyond [blank] was shit. Speaking of which.

>Baki has much better art
>better art
If I wasn't sure you were trolling me I am now. Even Baki the Grappler had shit art but at least it wasn't as overblown bad as Dou is now. It also has the vintage excuse since it was from a time where that style of line art was more common.

>characters, and fights than Toriko
I respect your opinion but disagree. I found Toriko's fights to be more exciting and dramatic. Baki has them but not in the same quantity.

What the fuck happened? Last chapter i read Hanayama wasn't even fighting Musashi yet.

>What gets me is that people will shit on something with simple reasons but demand that others put in more work. You said it was bad and left it at that. I'm within my reasons to say it's good with nothing more to qualify it. Unless you care to elaborate more about why you think it's bad that is beyond [blank] was shit. Speaking of which.
You misunderstand. I'm not shitting on you for not giving in-depth reasons. If you just said "It's good," I wouldn't have given that response. I'm shitting on the stupid shield of "I never said it was good, I just said it was fun!" that you pulled out when the other dude didn't even mention "good" or "bad." He's criticizing you for praising the series, that's the long and short of it, and you're bringing meaningless semantic distinctions out of nowhere as though they were relevant at all.

>If I wasn't sure you were trolling me I am now.
You what? Baki's art is praised by almost everyone who follows it. The only way you could be surprised by that opinion is if you'd never actually interacted with a Baki fan before.

>If you just said "It's good," I wouldn't have given that response
But I would be lying if I said that. "It's enjoyable" is more accurate but the good parts of Toriko happened early on and after that it became a wild ride of getting cancelled and power levels.
That sounds like his problem than. If he can't stand someone not agreeing with him I could care less.

>I'm shitting on the stupid shield of "I never said it was good, I just said it was fun!" that you pulled out when the other dude didn't even mention "good" or "bad"
Technically the other dude never mentioned anything but a criticism on the amount of manga he thinks I have read.

>He's criticizing you for praising the series
Well in that case he can fuck off than. If he wanted to go to a site where nobody would disagree with him there are alternatives available.

Please, people have had mixed feeling about Itagaki's style and panelling for as long as I've been lurking here. Why are you trying to pretend otherwise? It's more accurate to say that people just don't bother bringing up the art at this point because its an old and worn out topic. We've gotten the occasional new reader who brings it up but aside from that nobody comments on the art and everyone has their own opinion of it.

Okay, you're right.

>people have had mixed feeling about Itagaki's style and panelling for as long as I've been lurking here
That's why I said "anyone who follows it." People who dislike it usually drop it (and I don't see much complaint about his paneling, really).

>That's why I said "anyone who follows it.
It might help if you didn't lead with "Baki's art is praised by"

>People who dislike it usually drop it
And some people stay because the weird anatomy isn't a complete deal breaker which is incidently why I'm still around. You don't read older manga (or in this case long running) without accepting that the art isn't always good.

>I don't see much complaint about his paneling
There is someone complaining about redundant panels every time is happens. Which for this particular series is every other chapter.

>You don't read older manga (or in this case long running) without accepting that the art isn't always good.
I don't think we're going to be able to agree on literally anything if this is your stance, frankly.

> There is someone complaining about redundant panels every time is happens
Fair enough, I forgot about that stuff. I was thinking more generally, but yes, those instances attract criticism.

>I don't think we're going to be able to agree on literally anything if this is your stance, frankly.
So you're telling me you read Saint Seiya, Early JoJo, or Kinnikuman and don't think the art looks janky?

No, I'm telling you I read Berserk, Nausicaa, Slam Dunk, Rokudenashi Blues, Bastard, Gon, Hanaotoko, and any number of other series that were running when Baki debuted, and I think "Wow, this looks fucking great."

Not him, but I don't see how there being series with good art contradicts that "the art isn't always good".

I'm assuming he meant that in a more exaggerated sense rather than literal, because the art obviously isn't always good in any era. There were lots of bad to mediocre artists, lots of decent to good ones, and a few great ones, just like now. He seems to be implying that you 'd have to lower your standards for art in order to read (much) old manga, and that's just not true at all (not for the Baki era, at least - obviously if you go way back to pre-war, for example, things are different).

DOPPO BEST BAKI

>He seems to be implying that you 'd have to lower your standards for art in order to read
Look at the list of series I posted and see what I was angling for. I will admit that I was very general with my statement because I knew what I meant in my head and didn't properly phrase that.

The series I listed are all vintage, but they are popular and often recommended even on this site (we just had a Saint Seiya dump last winter) Much in the same way Baki is. You want to get into a series like that, more often than not you'll have to accept that either the visuals haven't aged that well or aren't even that good when compared to their contemporaries.

Yes art is going to be bad no matter when you are, but there is a difference between what is condered "bad" for the 00s than what was bad in the 80s or 90s. And what is condiered "bad" in the 80s sense is a big reason why I see people not picking up stuff like Phantom Blood or Kinnikuman despite how good those series are if you can get past the art hurdle.