Guess what today is

Guess what today is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wg-hjzFYgIE
youtu.be/QEOy4zEVFoU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

NIPAA~ day?

Oh crap, is it 1983?

I've wanted to watch this since way back when but never got around to it. I know it's based on a vn but do I have to watch all of the animated series or just the first one?

Nipah~

June 19th.

mii~
I didn't see you at the festival user. Is everything okay nano desu?

Why would you watch the anime when you could read the VN?

Because the VN has a really good start, which makes the last two installments all that much more disappointing.

I suppose getting to see the animated flipout scene with the chair is what does it for me.

Who was best girl?
Pic related.

The reveal amazing and the XYZ solution is very well done.
Minagoroshi is the most loved chapter from what I hear. And I think Matsuribayashi is great as well.
And even if they were terrible they're going to be that much worse in the anime. Very bad advice.
You can watch that after. It's in the OVA. The point of the novel isn't random freakouts and gore, it's about the emotions and thoughts that go behind them, and unraveling the mystery.

>When she sees your dick

Rika>>>>Satoko>Mion>Rena>Shion

>Satoko anything other than last place
How anyone can tolerate that annoying brat is beyond me.

Nipaah

Rena is strongest girl tb h

Uki... uki... uki...

>the cops and the whole club had to team up to beat her
>trashtalks the culprit seconds before she gets horribly executed
>knows whats she wants and will go the whole way for it

Yes. Rena is the best.

The reveal in Minagoroshi was great, but it didn't make up for most of it being a repetitive slog.
On the other hand, outside of flipping through the shards to find available ones, Matsuribayashi is mostly interesting, but the ending is just miracles.

I'll be fine if I watch the anime then? I do sometimes find it amusing I'm finally watching all sorts of things I didn't get around to from years ago, but admittedly Higurashi got mentioned often in the same sentence as Elfen Lied.

>tb h
Fuck off.

>Matsuribayashi is mostly interesting, but the ending is just miracles
Just the last part of the fight, the rest was tense af

Please just read the VN.
The anime isn't a very good adaption that focuses in too much on gore.
When the story is about the mystery and the horror of the unknown, and the feeling of betrayal.

The anime skims over the actual theme of series, which gives a big mood whiplash in the second season.

Not that user, but
>avoiding word filters is now somehow wrong
Sure, ok, whatever, right, gotcha.

>read
Why would I waste my time reading when I can just watch it?

It's typing like a twitter nigger that's wrong.

So how about you tell us the "correct" way to avoid the t b h (desu) filter that changes it to desu?

>I'll be fine if I watch the anime then?
No you won't. Great VN with interesting characters, plot and horror, bad cheap gorebait anime.

Don't use normalfag slang. That's the "correct" way.

>the ending is just miracles.
That's what I really love about the ending.
Miracles are when something impossible is accomplished. How does one acomplish the impossible?
Rika thought at first that given enough rolls of the dice "probability" would lead to something considered impossible.
But someone with a strong will can win over possibility. That's the secret of the miracle, the will to win.

You just posted her. Though, all of the girls in Higurashi are top tier.

Miracles don't exist kihihihihi

This so much. Even Satoko, who I hated at first, I came to like by the end

fuck off Maria you're DEAD

>Kills over half the townspeople before finally taking a hit

B E S T

We don't talk about the OVA, user.

I don't remember this

thats not Mion

Good for you, trust me.

The only objectively correct answer and the only objectively correct ship

Sequel never.

Good taste, user. I can already hear the Mioncucks.

Stop stop stop! Can we just agree to disagree? I feel like Rena won in 1/6, while Mion won in 2/5, but really cicadas isn't about shipping and everyone can share K1 equally.

Say what you will, but the best part of the entire OVA was the fact that it was 55 minutes of Rena

Yeah. Really, best girl is entirely dependent on which arc you're reading.

Though, I'd argue Rena is still best girl in 2. She's a smart cookie, and a better detective than the other red haired "no naku koro ni" character who solves mysteries.

A fucking potato would be a better detective than Battler

>everyone can share K1 equally

Sounds good to me.

Tell me about Mion, why does she open carry?

Man I haven't seen Casey and Friends in years

>youtube.com/watch?v=wg-hjzFYgIE
Unironically best OP

Who do you prefer? Rachel or Milly? And will Casey ever get to go to the fiesta?

Why does she care so much about Satoshi when she has an objectively superior male with her 24/7?

Because she's not superior Mion

Kasai is too good for Shion

Shion is too good for all of you, fuck you guys man

Shion is fucking insane bro

I want to BREED with ~ara ara

They found a burned corpse in the next town over. Who could it be?

She's incredible and so is her VN chapter. I want to steal her away from Satoshi.

I don't understand what's so special about Satoshi anyways

Eh she's spunky I can see the appeal.
It's kind of like Jessica and Kanon, Shion just wanted someone to relate to her. And there was no other boy her age. It was an innocent kind of love. One that turned into obsession after Satoshi disappeared and she was sure it was her fault, and that she had a duty to rescue him.

He's the first "normal" guy that ever showed Shion kindness enough to pat her head.

I always loved how when K1 tries to pat her head and does it so roughly, she compares it to Satoshi's gentle touch.

I want to eat Chie sensei's chocolate cake.

Read the manga, it's beefier than the anime and more detailed than the VN (in some scenes). Read the manga in release order, you can skip the Beyond Midnight arc, it's just a published fanfiction.

I want to play with Rika's feet.

But only he if plays the anime and VN OSTs in the background.

>more detailed than the VN (in some scenes)
Like what?

This

R07 actually had some input in WTC manga. For example, he clarified the ending in seacats 8

IIRC in minagoroshi the VN just shows a black screen when takano shoots everyone, the manga shows it

They're way too lewd.

According to Umineko, Miracles are possible as long as probability allows it. That's exactly what Lambdadelta and Bernkastel represent. Even Lambda says it at some point: even if there's a 99.99% of probability, as long as there's at least 0.01% there is a chance for a miracle.

Also, miracles are just things that happen despite the low probability, not against a nonexistent probability. And that doesn't necessarily mean they're good news. Umineko Prime is all about this.

In some sense, Umineko is great because it actively defies everything Higurashi established, providing a more depressing but also down-to-earth reflections on Higurashi's lessons.

>Umineko is great because it actively defies everything Higurashi established, providing a more depressing but also down-to-earth reflections on Higurashi's lessons.
You serious? The final answer was "just deny all truth and enable your stupid miracle delusions until bro somehow comes back 60 years later".
Higurashi was about actually solving problems rather than denying they happened at all.

To be fair, Higurashi was all about believing in your friends and miracles will happen! While Umineko says fuck that all your relatives are dead also you don't have a dick

They didn't just believe, they gathered a bunch of people and took every opportunity they had. Sure they were lucky, but they had to earn it.

Wasn't Higurashi more about trust and communication?

And the Miracles are about having as much people gather together to create a miracle, at which point stuff becomes more and more feasible.

I know that much.
Miracles are generally thought of as making the impossible into possible. Rika's philosophy, as taught to her by Hanyuu is that everything is a matter of probability. A miracle will occur if you keep rolling the dice. This way of thinking is what leads to her despair, and what creates Bernkastel. Rika throws away that way of thinking for a more forceful way at the end, and it leads to her victory.

I don't think it actively defies anything in Higurashi. Bernkastel sees it as a matter of probability because she can actively go in and out of worlds at will and seek out the 000.1% chance world. Rika learned to do the same thing, seek out victory instead of waiting for it to occur. Except it has a different connotation because she's not a witch. She's a human that finds her ideal world. Bern is just cynical because she sees that for every good world there are 100 bad ones. Rika sees the same thing, but has a reason to seek out the good one and discard the bad ones.

The "miracles", they're just thought of and presented differently.

>deny all truth
The truth was that you have no truth.
You're the one denying the possibility that "someone might have survived" just because it's easier for you.
Because Ange knew nothing she had to have faith, either in Battler's death or Battler's life.

>The final answer was "just deny all truth and enable your stupid miracle delusions until bro somehow comes back 60 years later".
I agree what Battler was trying to do was stupid, but in all honestly, they were trying to protect Ange's memories of her family because in all truth, her life was already pretty shit. Finding out that her family were a bunch of horrible psychopaths wouldn't have helped her, much less do something productive for her present.

And remember, Ange didn't want the truth to gain resolution for her family's death. She wanted the truth to have a legitimate reason to hate Eva and validate her suffering. Battler tried to stop her to help her move on and live her life, She had the right to know, that's true. But people forget she wanted the truth for all the wrong reasons, and she herself broke down when it wasn't what she expected. Everyone told her it wasn't worth it and she should move on, but she wouldn't listen.

The message was never to ignore the truth, it was to not let the truth, no matter how horrible it is, to taint your happiness. Battler tried to show Ange that her family had good times despite all, and the truth shouldn't ruin her happy memories, much less her future.

Also the girl wanted to kill herself after all that shit for crying out loud. She really wasn't in her right mind during the whole thing, just full of resentment. Even Amakuza told her she was just looking to destroy herself with her quest.

>Higurashi was all about believing in your friends and miracles will happen
Since the world kept repeating it was only a matter of time before the right pieces fell into place

"J-just believe the Earth is flat so your feefees don't get hurt, Ange. M-maybe Battler is alive because the author's self-insert perfectly hid him all these years"

this is pants-on-head retarded

>not one sextoko post in the whole thread
Plebs

They were also on a time limit though; Hanyuu that bitch could only redo so many times before she would just reset to the same thing

youtu.be/QEOy4zEVFoU

It wasn't just that she was running out of redos but also the amount of time she could go back. Even so as the second to last arc showed it was really just a matter of all the pieces being in the right place.
Yo why couldn't hanyuu remember who killed rika?

I want Satoko to tease me with her legs.

> telling a suicidal, depressed 18 year old girl her family is dead because they killed each other over money
Great plan m8.

We can observe the curvature of the Earth and make judgements based on that.
We can also make judgements on Battler's life or death based on Eva's testimony and the state of the island, the bottle message, etc.
But we don't have a body.
Now answer me this you shitty detective, why did you believe 100% without a doubt that Battler was dead? When you have two opposing "truths" you have to make a choice between the two. All that Ryukishi is saying is that when faced with two opposing truths, pick the one that will satisfy you. Like you just did, you picked "Battler is dead" because it satisfies your smug cynicism.

>wanting Teppei's majong prize
nah brah

Tattoos are disgusting

Hanyuu is a useless fuck and gave up basically. Also it was something something related to Rika's memories, don't recall exactly

It's fine as long as you bash his head in with a bat. Right?

Then unspoiled Sextoko feet.

>implying hanyuu isn't a stand-in for the viewer, in that they keep watching a repeat of things to see who gets killed this time
Boys I've solved the mystery

Statistically speaking, every inch of satoko is used up.

>Evil Alicia