Evangelion

Why was Asuka playing on a Sega Saturn in 2015?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.com/1387819
youtube.com/watch?v=Sjlhp9j0c4k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because there was an apocalypse and no new games consoles were being made.

For the same reason Shinji got a walkman in the same period; shows can never accurately predict what will be the standard technology and fashion in the future.

Dreamcast came out before the Second Impact. Explain why they didn't show a Dreamcast.

The class rep has good /vr/ taste. Saturn's the best gen 5 console.

>anyone buying a dreamcast

>2015 was 2 years ago
JUST

When did Evangelion jump the shark? I'd say it's in the episode the sphere angel absorbed shinji into that shadow dimension

What ever do you mean "jump the shark?"

>picking up on this and not the fact Nerv uses floppy disks

Cause Sega doesn't make consoles.

a term to describe a moment when somethin that was once great has reached a point where it will now decline in quality

The precise moment when you know a program, band, actor, politician, or other public figure has taken a turn for the worse, gone downhill, become irreversibly bad, is unredeemable, etc.; the moment you realize decay has set in.

The beginning of the end. Something is said to have "jumped the shark" when it has reached its peak and begun a downhill slide to mediocrity or oblivion. It's said to have been coined by Jon Hein, who has a web site, jumptheshark.com, and now a book detailing examples, especially as applied to TV shows. It supposedly refers to an episode of the TV show "Happy Days" in which Fonzie jumps over a shark on water skis, which Hein believes was the point at which the series had lost its touch and was beginning to grasp at straws.

I thought that jumping the shark meant when something or someone does something they should not have done or did something too soon. I was wondering how that pertained to the sphere angel.

Were you expecting her to play Shinji's dick instead?

I'm annoyed they changed it in the rebuilds

is it true that Sup Forums prefers Rei over Asuka? what a shit taste

strawpoll.com/1387819

It never happened

>implying this is a bad thing

>shows can never accurately predict what will be the standard technology and fashion in the future.
which is why I'm glad they didn't even bother to try.

are you kidding me. the final eps they ran out of budget so half the time they resorted to voiceovers over still images or awkward angles to reduce to cut back on the need to animate

I still play the Sega Saturn in 2017...

>When did Evangelion jump the shark?
A first run series can't jump the shark, especially one that's under 50 episodes. What you're asking is "what episode did Evangelion peak at?"

But shinji uses a pretty fucking expensive Digital tape walkman, its implied that Gendo left it to him since disk based portable players and better and cheaper walkmans already existed when the show was being made

If live gives you lemons, you make lemonade
And its pretty much what Anno did, 24-25 are great and really show how mindfucked shinji was by the end of the series and its even more impressive when you learn that they had no fucking budget for those episodes, having Anno animate and edit most of it and Yoshinari doing a really well made and animated scene for free just to drive a point

They could have made up a futuristic console, but they chose a console the viewers in 1995 would recognize as some sort of cameo/fanservice/Sega advertising.

If Iincho had a Dreamcast with Jet Set Radio I could bet Asuka would never go emo on everyone

because playstation has no gaems

Sega was one of Eva's sponsors, so they had to use a real console.

That is clearly a SECA Saturn, OP. It's not the same thing at all.

If Sega was the sponsor why was Asuka playing Winning Fighter on a SECA?

To attempt a serious answer. Probably because most resources were being pooled to deal with the damage from Second Impact. Infrastructure, food, medical supplies, etc. Technological development had a higher priority than video games. Hell, maybe there aren't video games being made anymore and that's an old Saturn from before Second Impact.

>Poyo Poyo
Kirby's Avalanche?

Until recently commercial aircraft used floppy discs

dreamcast came out in 1998

second impact was in 2000

Product placement

Dreamcast sucks

and so did Saturn

if it were product placement they would have used the real names

>and so did Saturn

It fared much better in Japan.

Shinji is best girl. I want to fuck her boypucci so bad

She's a retro gamer

Because science fiction isn't really about predicting the future, but about analysis of present society

because of the impacts the human history was alterated

just think of how much better this series would be without that obnoxious cunt

Why will nothing ever top Evangelion?

The world jumped the shark in 2007.

what is cowboy bebop

Shark's in episode 8. Member?

>evangelion characters are half my age

Just 3d impact my shit up, senpai.

Complete this sentence:
I want to ______ Shinji.

she has shit taste. we all know the best gen 5 console is the gameboy color

I think he meant "Drop the shark", a term that was coined during the airing of Samurai Jack S5 ep8 that marks the moment a show going downhill passed the point of no return and can never go back.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sjlhp9j0c4k
Rate this dub

pet

I want to fondle her penis.

NTR

because she's a patrician that knows consoles peaked with the Saturn

Evangelion was made in 95/96

Also, Sega helped fund Evangelion, so the Saturn was put in because that was the current Sega console at the time.

If they went back and digitally replaced the Saturn with a Dreamcast, that's be like George Lucas levels of putting neon rims on a Mona Lisa.

>that's

#That'd

>shinji has a sentimental attraction to his dad's old walkman that was passed down to him because gendo is too cheap to buy an MP3 player
>Asuka is just way into /vr/ because current games are so easy to the point where she plays a Saturn for a challenge.

You got it wrong, the shark jumped the Evangelion

It's says Saturn2 on the case

She's a connoisseur of gaming and knows Japanese, so she can play all the good unreleased Saturn games.

like Evangelion the game

Problem?

Because Asuka knows whick console is the best.

Worst console worst girl. Like poetry

I agree with that.

I don't see Rei playing an Xbox there. What are you talking about?

But you can see the worst girl playing on the worst console!

most summer post of all time

im officially to old to be here now

Sad thing is I've probably been here longer than you.

Those are zip disks. You inbreed.

Asukafags are disgusting

Who the hell bought a dreamcast?

2015 was a terrible year for gaming tbqh. So I can't blame Asuka for going back to revisit some classics.

>Those are zip disks
>unzips disks

This tbqh

Abuse