What does Sup Forums think of the first season of this?

What does Sup Forums think of the first season of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=--OVwwZ3PAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

It's okay. With how much Sup Forums shits on it, I went into it expecting less but ended up enjoying it. It's still pretty overwhelmingly edgy at times and obviously gets too hyped by casuals, but at the very least it was enjoyable.

A rushed mess. Still better than root A.

A decent adaptation.

The first season was actually pretty fun and the last episode was 10/10. The second season was underwhelming, both with how it ended and the opening.

First episode was alright, after that it quickly turned retarded

First season is fine. Second is a mess but seeing some of the fights animated is still great.

On the off chance that anyone remembers: in Root A, episode 3, at the very end we see Eto taking off her bandages and saying Kaneki's name. Where the fuck did she hear that? Ayato and Naki are the only ones that talked to him and they just call him "eyepatch"

I just hate that faggot cop kid.

Is shit but i really like the ed
Also the ending art in both seasons is top tier
youtube.com/watch?v=--OVwwZ3PAE

I'll never understand comments like this. While season 2 went absolutely full retard with anime original shit, season 1 was already an awful adaptation on its own and actively sabotaged the characters (especially Kaneki) and rushed through so much things. The direction was good for the most part but that doesn't save it.

>beautiful art
>shitty edgelord storyline with unlikeable characters

What a waste of an artist. Give this bitch a writer, they're pretty much like that guy who draws air gear.

The only character I can stand. And best friend guy who gets zero screentime.

The first and last episode was solid but everything in between is a mess. Overall it's a rushed mess, 3/10. I feel bad for the director to have to direct such a shitshow. And don't even get me started on Root A.

Had promise conceptually but badly written. Juvenile edgefest for kids. Character development goes nowhere, plot takes a shit, second season just gets worse.

Barely watchable, if that. Honestly not worth the effort to get. Just listen to the OST

It's so bad. It just throws in like three or four more characters every episode and doesn't care to develop any of them. By the end of the season there are like 900 subplots left dangling.
The OP is amazing though.

I recently read the manga. It's a character that becomes likeable because of his shitty past. By the way how is smashing a young boy's balls going to stop him from becoming a man?
I thought only testosterone exists there,
not Growth Hormone

Lack of testosterone hinders growth hormone produciton. old italy you cut of a opera singers balls as a boy so theyd keep a light voice, called a castrado

Undisputed top tier ending themes imo

Rushed as fuck and therefore trash but at least it tried to adapt the source material unlike the absolute abomination that is the second season.

holy shit that's terrible

The first and the last episode are 10/10
the rest is meh

I swear this thread is created every tuesday

>tfw read Tokyo Ghoul in 3 days
>tfw I can't for the life of me binge through :Re, stuck at ch30 because it's so goddamn boring, despite knowing what happens in the current chapters thanks to Sup Forums retard who can't spoiler when making a thread

It's decent. Just don't bother with Root A.