Dunning-Kruger Effect

How can I know for sure whether or not I'm fucking retarded? Of course I tend to believe I'm not only not stupid, but that I'm actually above average IQ, but I don't know that for sure, and it could simply be a case of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

However, would someone who's actually "suffering" from this effect even doubt that they were intelligent? Does the fact that I question my own intelligence prove that I have some higher level of intelligence?

Or is this the exact logic a Dunning-Kruger retard would use to prove to himself that he's super intelligent? But again, by realizing this possibility, am I actually proving my intelligence again?

AND YET AGAIN IS THIS WHAT A DUNNING-KRUGER RETARD WOULD USE TO PROVE... FUCK IT NEVER ENDS!

Your questioning proves you are not relying on your own information and sticking with it which tends to be the dunning-kruger archtype. Think of know-it-all attitude but knows not much at all

if you have to ask...

Are you rightwing? Then you're unquestionably retarded. If you're anything else, that's the only time you need to work to figure it out.

If you weren't stupid you would have figured it out by now. Unless you are underage b&

Based on your post I would say that you are almost certainly stupid.

stop bully

just take an IQ test from a psychologist. They're like, $200 bucks.

But, if you find yourself in such a troubling loop, you're probably only mildly above average.

You're only getting bullied by me if you're a rightist. And if you're a rightist you deserve much more than bullying.

how would a truly high IQ person break out of the loop, then?

dunning kruger is just you not realizing how complicated a situation is because of lack of experience

peer review OP. i consider myself smart because my friends and family tell me i'm smart and can argue and hold my ground for what i believe in. i look at how others perceive me (i'm a very open person so this works as i don't conceal my personality or thoughts much) so it's a good way to determine how wise you are.

Jesus Christ you're asking this question on fucking Sup Forums what do you think you tremendous faggot

I just see DK mentioned a lot on Sup Forums as well as in other political spaces. I've especially noticed that since DK has become a more well known thing, it seems like stupid people are latching onto it and then using it as a weapon against people who are smarter than them.

"Yeah well you think you're so smart well actually DUNNING KRUGER BABY haha bam you're actually stupid as you can see here according to this Wikipedia article"

I get angry when I think about stupid people smugly "invoking" the Dunning-Kruger effect, but then thinking about it also makes me ponder my own intelligence, hence the OP.

Let me help you out OP. Stare at this pic for five seconds and tell me if you think what it says might work.

The

Answer

Is

Simple

Reddit

Spacing

Would you prefer I just put it all in a big giant block of text? Dummy.

>rightist
Lol sounds so unnatural compared to leftist as a negative

The rest of your post just sounds kinky as fuck

>I found a paradox, how do I figure it out?

It's difficult to step back and take a full accounting of your own limitations, especially in a culture that discourages you from doing that and assumes a sort of weakness if you do. Here's a good tip. If you're not in STEM and your brain can't handle the rigor and sheer logical relentlessness of the sciences, then you're probably not very smart. I've accepted that even though I suspect I possess high verbal intelligence, I'll never truly be 'smart' in any complete sense because so much of the world of truth is permanently locked away from me because my brain isn't capable of comprehending the math and complex abstractions that form its frameworks. It's like a VIP club my brain isn't wealthy enough to get into. But the same isn't true of mathfags. There is no realm of information that is closed to them, even in the areas of thought that verbalfags think are the citadels of their justification (e.g., philosophy). Mathfags may not be inclined to those areas of inquiry, but they're not excluded from them either. Whereas tons of verbalfags just do not have the brain processing power to indulge themselves fully in the sciences even if they were inclined to do it.

You know why? There is almost no actual leftwing in America and ergo on the internet. Propaganda on this planet is controlled by capitalists and their rightists. You're confusing what's common for what's "more natural".

Put it in a box with a cat. Then ask the cat. That's what that one smart guy did once right pol?

That you can conceive of the concept of being so retarded that you don't know you'r retarded thus thinking you're not retarded but worrying that maybe you are retarded but being retarded wouldn't know that you're retarded shows that you have the capacity for abstract thought and thus are not retarded. Might still be dumb though.

Who did you think would win the last election? Did you call people retards for thinking Trump would win? Have you still not accepted being wrong about the result?

Trump didn't win though. The electoral college chose him. Hillary won. And she was widely hated. The only reason repukelickans have any power in this country is because they literally do everything in their power to prevent their opponent's voting or their votes from mattering.

Riiiiiiiiiight

By reading/ studying and making peers if experts before opening their fucking mouth. Society has allowed for increasing specialization, to the benefit of all. Unfortunately, everyone wants to feel special and admitting your mechanic knows more about your car than you do is fucking hard. An interesting, but not completely related thing: people value what they do well. Smart people overvalue intelligence in all cases, even deadlift competitions. Strongmen value strength even when they play the piano.

i'll admit to being a dunning-kruger if the fisa memo turns out to be nothing kek

>I'll never truly be 'smart'
I'm a kid in the stem meme and I've been told I'm really smart for whatever that's worth.

Being smart is just exhausting, it has made me the most apathetic person in the world, but somehow that makes me...well not really happy but it almost feels good, to see the world through some sort of impersonal philosophical lens. It's the only way you can really tolerate and explain some of the absolutely stupid things that exist in this world.

I just look for simpler things in life when I can now, being smart doesn't make you happy, being stupid can you feel happy sometimes, but only if benevolent smart people take care of you, like your parents did when you were a child. There's really no way to get away from it in the end.

Or maybe I just have wicked ass burgers, what the hell do I know.

Apply your intellect to finding some happiness. Make a study of happiness. I don't think feeling happy is the end all be all, but I have certainly been able to increase happiness by being smart enough to avoid discomfort.

what if your friends and family are dumb as shit doe

Your ability to predict events. That ability is largely based on pattern recognition, if you're stupid you won't be good at pattern recognition, and thus won't be able to predict things consistently.

what do you parents do for a living? what are their incomes? what did you score on the SAT? do you go to college, and if so, is it a good college and do you study something worthwhile(certain humanities degrees apply here, philosophy may have terrible job prospects but at least its a subject that requires rigorous intellectual study).

if you think you might be retarded, you're retarded
if you don't think you're retarded, you might be retarded

I've been working on that lately, my biggest thing was that I was depressed for years; surrounded by shitty people, shitty school full of jigaboos etc.

Been doing better since college for the most part, trying to remember when things made me really happy, usually when i was younger, then trying to find the differences between now and then, has really gotten me pretty far. Though IOo will say, after being depressed for a decade it is very difficult and strange to crawl your way out of it, it's not so much that it's hard to do as it is that you just forget how to do it.
I remember getting pizza as a kid, that would make me happy for a bit, just to enjoy some good pizza, now it feels like a hassle just to go get it. I got a few thousand in the bank, a nice vehicle and great tunes to listen to on the way but it's just hard to get even a little bit excited over it, I'm working on fixing that sort of thing, life shouldn't feel like such a drag, little things should mean more, there's no reason they can't after all.

Psychology is such an annoyingly complex thing, you'd think we'd have more control over ourselves, I guess that would be too easy.

easy: converse with people about complicated topics. If your understanding is significantly deeper than the average person on a majority of subjects, congrats, you're not retarded.

There is an easy way to tell if you are successful in improving your intelligence... everyone else starts to look more dumb and ridiculous.
If this is the case, then you are doing the right thing with your life and should stay on track. It is the unfortunate burden of become intelligent... everyone else in the world becomes more ridiculous for some unknown reason.

checked and keked

If you can't outwit a mechanic with the slightest of effort, I've got bad news for you user. Cars aren't that complicated, and most mechanics have little idea how things actually work under the hood, the just follow the procedures they're given.
Try talking to one about the stoichiometry of the fuel mixture in relation to ethanol content, for instance, and watch the brainlet cogs grind

>converse with people about complicated topics
I feel like someone is going to call me a fedora or a Rick and Morty fan anytime I try to do that. It's not as easy as you think.

it's usually like:
>Hey, you ever wonder what the universe was made for?
>GOD'S NOT REAL MORTY
>****BUUUUUUURRRRRP*****
>ok nevermind then

To be fair, that conversation never goes anywhere anyway i guess.

Your accout balance is a great indicator of intelligence. Not Sup Forums sage thread

The fact that are smart enough to ask the question means you're not retarded. The fact that you can't tell whether you have high IQ or not just by everyday interactions with other people probably means you're not extremely high IQ.

But, honestly, I've worked around very high IQ people and many of them are socially inept and awkward as fuck so maybe you could be very high IQ and not realize it. Who knows, OP, you might in the tight grips of Dunning-Kruger or maybe you're a super genius IQ level social midget.

Basically if you can understand this subject and are actually thinking about it then you are above average. Congrats.

In my almost 30 years of living on this planet and being forced to interact with people from every walk of life, I can say that you don't sound "retarded" at all.

There are different types of intelligence, I've met people who are extremely emotionally intelligent and can navigate their way through sticky social situations like nothing, but they're dogshit worthless with anything requiring lateral thinking.

Likewise, I've seen some of the (otherwise) dumbest fucking people with genius-level problem solving abilities.

Personally, I'm goddamned worthless with anything involving math or numbers. And I'm not bad at math in the way that everyone is kind of bad at math, I mean that I can remember when I was in school, there were nights when I would look at my assignment and sincerely wonder if I went undiagnosed as having a learning disability or having below average intelligence as a child.

So, just because you lack intelligence in one area, that doesn't mean you're unintelligent on the whole. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, you sound normal enough.

Take this test
iqtest.dk
It's accurate enough, and stop whining like a bitch.

All humans are retarded, it's just a matter of scale.

Brainlet leftist detected.

you're sad

I'm afraid I might be retarded, but I don't know for sure. I was always under the impression I was smart. Thinking is a trainable skill too though.

lefties are the only actual brainlets.

Dunning Kruger is bullshit Reddit tier psychology. Never been reproduced but redditors eat it up.

Whiter than you, Mohammed

wrong thread sorry

I put my cat in a box and pushed a random button.
My mom was mad about the mess in the microwave.

Dunning Kruger effect is stupid. Therefore, you're smart.

The real redpill is:
"I think, therefore I am".

True if huge

Yes. Drumpft was blown out by 3 million dipshits that are too stupid to spread out.

Source: In my head

IQ isn't everything. I got 118 on the WAIS-IV and 116 on Raven's Progressive Matrices(both administered by a psychologist). However I have cognitive deficits in other areas to the point where I qualify for government benefits.

assume you are so you at least strive at improvement

in fact assume you're terrible at everything but try not to mindbreak yourself in the process. Da Vinci burned most of his work and Franz Kafka asked his friend to destroy all his work. smart people are debilitating self critical

Have you thought of taking an IQ test, Mr. Smarty Pants?