ITT: Modern parenting

Share your parental stories and advice so that other anons may benifits from your successes and failures. There may be new parent anons, or shitty parent anons out there that need it.
My advice for any new parent is to never belittle your child. If you destroy their confidence by screaming and yelling at them they will grow up angry and lash out. Always encourage them to to do the right thing and reward them with praise for doing so.
My sisters all scream at their kids and they are insane. They only respond if you are at an 11. Mine will be terrified if I even raise my voice because I am always so calm around them. If you maintain your cool at all times around your children they will generally remain pretty calm. (Obviously toddlers are toddlers though and are extremely emotional little things)
Any other advice, stories, etc are encouraged.

Bump for constructive thread

Maintain the balance between strictness and allowing freedom. Keep them away from the narcissistic culture of facebook and instagram. Teach them that hard work will bring success and a sense of accomplishment.

this

No TV. It will destroy them.

Good advice.

also teaching them about taking responsibility for their own actions.

When should they be allowed to have a mobile phone and free access to the internet? I'm thinking 18, once they get to that age their pretty much free to fuck up.

Send the boys outside as much as possible. Avoid TV

Picture the type of man you would be proud to call your son, and every morning ask if you're proud enough to call yourself that type of man.
When you answer "not yet", get to work.

Homeschool
Breastfeed
Modern TV for kids is absolute garbage, total ban (so are many books, for that matter)

Of you are too restrictive they will resent you. There has to be some trust that your children will make the right choices when the time comes based on the values you instilled in them early on. Ideally if you do it right by the time they have a phone and and some freedom they will make smart choices.

If they start a lemonade stand charge them rent and for the supplies to teach them about (((commerce)))

Do not fucking baby your kid

Be extremely careful in your choice of mate. You can ruin your kid before they are born if you fuck up

I don't know if it's good or bad. I don't censor art or language. But I do let them know there is a time and place for colorful language and boobies and gore. I don't spank much. Instead I hand out pushups and wall sits. Always hug

>leaf
>good advice
Are you on vacation there or something?

The best thing you can do for your children is keep them away from society at large. Because it doesn't matter what you do they'll get corrupted during their developmental stages by shitty schools, friends, internet etc.

Let them play outside, run around and have freedom. Freedom doesn’t mean shoving them in front of a screen with free internet reign, it means letting them explore the real world and make real friends.

1. Be the adult. That's what you should be anyway. As the adult, you are in charge.

2. Corporal punishment is fine with a few caveats. First, three or four hard swats is enough. ALWAYS on the buttocks. Never spank a kid in anger. Only spank the kid for breaking one of your rules and never when you are mad. If your kid knocks over a can of paint and you didn't tell them to stay away from it, or not go near it, then it was an accident. If you did, and the paint gets knocked over, spank the kid for disobeying, not knocking over the paint.

3. For fuck's sake, teach your kid to read books.

4. No television. No Sesame Street, no whatever is popular. And no cartoons. They don't make cartoons any more. They make propaganda. Keep your kids away from it.

5. I get the appeal of video games. One hour at the most, then send the little bastards outside to play for two hours. Fresh air, sunshine. No bottled water - thirsty, drink from the water hose. Boys piss outside.

6. Boys - sports. Period. No faggoty everyone gets a trophy sports either. Teach your sons how to fight.

7. Girls - make sure you are honest with them about themselves. Be kind, be nice, but never tell a girl her bullshit is true. And if you are a dad, in an obviously non sexual way, hug her every day and tell you love her.

8. Boys - Dads, punch them in the arm every once in a while, rough them up. Don't "let them win, ever. Let them "almost win" and tell them to keep trying.

9. Screw the fedora wearing, asshole, internet atheists and take the kids to church and let them know God exists. Insist that they understand your value system. Red pill them at an early age.

10. Prepare them to leave home and prepare yourself for when they leave. Teach them to cook and clean and do laundry and all the things normal adult human beings know how to do plus whatever you are good at doing. (Not video games you assclowns).

All good points

God damn, this should be stickied at the top of Sup Forums.

I'll preface this by saying I'm fairly sure I have Asperger's. It took me nearly 30 years to realise, but it explains a lot. Can pass for a normie, but find it exhausting.

As a small child, I could be difficult and I was frequently told I was a "brat" by my mother, and her friends. In my mind I was simply sticking to a set of principles that seemed fair. Adults displayed a lot of hypocrisy, and that didn't seem fair.

The neighbours' 21 year old son used to sell my mum weed. If my mother needed me to behave, she'd announce that she was "calling for backup", and the burn out dudeweed kid would come over to verbally abuse & hit me (?!)

I'm in my early 30s now and looking back on it all leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Discipline is important, but don't leave it to a jumped up kid on a power trip who will destroy any sense of self the child has.