Shingeki No Kyojin

Annie is the best
Name one reason why she isn't the best waifu in snk
(Pro Tip: You cant) :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HB_EOCWEF_4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wanna continue the oldfag discussion. So since Armin is narrating the anime is he the last of EMA?

And yet it still felt like he accomplished nothing. No matter how hard you hamfist your favorite character for whatever reason, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Isayama needs to recognize that and figure out a way to make Armin's role palpable and real. Otherwise it's just going to feel more and more like bullshit. I actually want him to feel real, because right now he just feels like Isayama's putting the attention on someone he knows no one cares about, and it's not working.

I'm 100% sure he's gonna have an important role in the new Paradis government we'll see in a few chapters. He was called a genius in the SL and now he has a titan power, there's no way he wouldn't climb up the ranks in SL leadership and government.

I don't think dictator Armin is a thing anymore but if it happens that would probably make him a more interesting character

LM soon.

>if it happens that would probably make him a more interesting character
It's the only way I can cope with the serumbowl, the hope that he eventually becomes something far more antagonist than his current haircut would imply.

I don't care if he's on the genocide side or let's not genocide side but the interest in his character is gonna come from disagreeing with Eren. Making him fight with someone he's bled and suffered alongside would do a shitload for his character.

More than likely he just wrote a series of journals documenting what happened.

>He's the one who gave the order for Eren to go full GRIM REMINDER on Marley.

Her nose is too big

>the interest in his character is gonna come from disagreeing with Eren
You're right on point. The only question is, what's the disagreement? I don't think we'll get the answer anytime soon, as long as hobo Eren stays in the background, but I want the mystery to build up so eventually all the energy we put into theorizing what happened outside the walls goes into theorizing what happened within them that made Eren go to the mainland alone.

I want to pet the Hisu.

She has been absent for more more than two thirds of the series.

This would also be acceptable. Armin knowing his best friend is completely /jaded/ and has no sense of purpose anymore. And him still being pragmatic and using him to the benefit of Paradis.

You are taking for granted the disagreement. For sure Eren doesnt have that much time at Marley. This makes clear this is a solo mission and he is taking orders.

I wonder since his voice doesn't sound older if it's just right after the basement reveal or something. Or if he's writing as he goes along.

She stinks.

I'm really glad I reopened the thread after I closed it because this is a 10/10 post. I'm certain as well that he had his conflict with Eren, which is why I've been so sure Eren's alone in Marley ever since that one panel from 93 was posted. And though he's been able to explain to readers the story some, the effects of it have been somewhat dull by the time RtS came around, it didn't help that he was getting wanked every other turn. People were calling that out from the get go, before Eren even started fighting Reiner. What I want from him is to be less of a plot device for figuring shit out, because we don't need any more shit figured out, what we need now is action. If he can put his plans into action like, for instance, telling the Paradisians that it would be far more productive to capture the battleships Marley sends them instead of destroying them, then using them as part of their own navy while they build up modern military force, that much would make me reconsider him. I don't really know, Armin's just a difficult-to-redeem character in the first place. I want him to do something to impact the story because I don't want to hate him so much, but I can't help but groan whenever the guy's on screen. His face makes me want to punch him.

What does Annie smell like?

>this is a solo mission
Of his own volition.
>he is taking orders
No way they'd let him go alone, he had a disagreement with Armin and that necessitated him to leave the island before things got out of hand.

how convenient reiner went crazy just before he was going to be being led underground

>/snk/ thread
>OP is Annie
>first post is about Armin, not a shitpost
>people are posting about Armin, and they're not shitposting

What year is it?

It's also very convenient that he managed to transfer his brain into his asshole during the Shinganshina arc, which is apparently a very difficult move. Even Bert was amazed.

It's just a convenient time of day. Late at night is when the best discussion gets done. Those who stick it out until now for talks like these are pleasant people.

Ketones and sulphur

>Experienced shifter with great stamina, hardening abilities, coordinate not so useful though and fast regeneration
>Experienced soldier. CQC, 3DM, etc mastered
>Has Marley memories
>Can easily recover from fatal or impairing wounds
>Easier to blend in because he can be a fake cripple
Tell me again why he isnt perfect for a solo mission.

>neets have better convo than normies
wow, who could have predicted that

I do think people are tough on Armin but it's not because he hasn't done things and more because the things he does don't seem "genius"-like to readers. They feel like common sense. Depriving other characters of common sense and giving it to one person doesn't make readers think he's a genius, it makes them think there's nothing special about him.

I like Armin but I want to see him in a leadership role, I don't think it'll be hard to develop his character once he's in that position. Isayama can choose between making him a dictator like some anons want and making him a diplomat like his encounters with Annie and Bert suggest. Either way it'll make his character much more interesting and believeable than it is right now.

I remember one of the first times people liked Armin was when he blew out the brains of that MP. It showed some development of his character and it was something that others characters couldn't seem to be able to do (kill humans). Isayama backed up on that but if he uses that and other instances to build up to Armin's developed persona I think he'll be a really great character.

He's perfect for it, which is why he can do everything on his own just fine. He doesn't need to be the SL's bitch boy for that, and it's one reason why he should be alone in the first place.

Meta hasn't been involved.

>was when he blew out the brains of that MP
Right? And just before that he was chastising the rest of the crew for not being ready for what's to come. He's ready to become far more impure than he would initially suggest, I'm sure Isayama's just waiting for the right moment, and the timeskip's the perfect opportunity for it. Even adds a shitton of tension to it all. Man, I can't wait.

Could this guy be the previous holder of the BT?

Then why insist him to be alone and going rogue? Zeke clearly knows there was 2 titans defending Paradis for 4 years and I dont think its Annie. Why would Eren suddenly break up totally with Paradis?

So uh

What's this about time loops

Fucking shit man this discussion is making me giddy over the possibility of >dictator Armin and I don't even think it's gonna happen anymore.

I fucking love threads like these.

No, Zeke is the first warrior who has it.

Oh, I see.

>Then why insist him to be alone and going rogue?
Adds tension to the story, for one, and mystery with it.
>Zeke clearly knows there was 2 titans defending Paradis for 4 years
3 years, and that was merely his assumption, how many times do I have to say that. Characters can be completely wrong. We know nothing yet, they could have just as easily captured the battleships they sent and used their own navy against them, or Armin became a Leviathan under the water and just sunk them all himself. It's not that hard to think of alternative solutions, especially when it's possibly a red herring by a character who doesn't himself know the whole truth of what happened on Paradis.
>Why would Eren suddenly break up totally with Paradis?
Not totally, he's still working in their favor but of his own accord. As it's been discussed, it's likely due to a difference with Armin, something that could have easily happened over the timeskip and is a mystery waiting to be revealed. Personally, I think it's that Armin either figured out they could Titanize Historia to use the
Coordinate, or Eren told him and then Armin spilled the beans to everyone else, which put the pressure on Historia to sacrifice her life for the betterment of everyone within the walls. Eren, knowing she would eventually crack under the pressure no matter how hard he urged everyone to find another solution, ran away to Marley, infiltrated their army on his own to get closer to Zeke, and eventually took some serious damage in the war and here we are now, waiting for him to be treated or whatever else is to come. It's all a waiting game now.

I dunno if that's true, he was talking about how the current warriors term was gonna end soon in the latest chapter.

SnK makes me giddy like a schoolgirl sometimes, I get you. Hobo Eren's appearance in 94 was enough to make me laugh until my sides hurt when the spoilers came out, even though the initial response of "he cut his own leg off to blend in" made less sense the more I thought about it, it was certainly exciting. This arc and the whole timeskip in general poses a lot of opportunities for Isayama to step up his game, and in fact I think this was the moment he was waiting for to turn things up to 11 with the series.

why do both countries or whatever call the titans same names? you would think there would be variation

What, no. Warrir program started 24-25 years ago, so he is the 2nd one most probably. Remember Marley is surprised because Zeke can command titans which is not seen in any previous holders of BT

> Zeke clearly knows
He doesn't, he was speculating based on very straight forward information and deduction.

He is still the first warrior fighting for Marley. The previous one before him was imprisoned and restrained somewhere together with the other shifters.

I can't wait, he actually manged to create another mystery that I'm eager to know the secrets behind.

Not only that, he shouldn't have even known that Eren had the Attack Titan in the first place. That was either a mistake by Isayama or something to take note of.

Wouldn't Reiner and Bert have told him that?

Zeke was clearly older than BRA when he got his shifter power, which we even saw in the current chapter, it wasn't right after he betrayed his parents.

Sounds like there was a beast titan before him fighting wars for Marley.

Reiner knows, Bert knows.
They could have told him

So betraying his parents wasn't enough to show how loyal he is?

Reiner and bert know that he's a shifter and that he has the coordinate, but that doesn't mean they know he's both the attack and founding titans. For all they know he's only the coordinate and that's why he can shift, he just can't freely use the psychic powers

>Depriving other characters of common sense and giving it to one person doesn't make readers think he's a genius, it makes them think there's nothing special about him.
This is the reason for me. He gets pushed as the one who solves problems far too often.
Why is Armin the one who finds the pot and cups? Why is he the one who figures out Reiner is inside the walls? Why was he even consulted on the Trost plan? He hadn't even graduated and chosen a branch at that point.
Why does he need to be the one to figure all of this out when there are soldiers with years of experience around?
I think the issue is that Isayama gave Eren protagonist superpowers to make him important, and Mikasa genetic superpowers to make her important (though she loses relevance to Levi), so he felt he needed to keep Armin relevant by having him be super smart all the time.
What this means in practice though is that Armin's intelligence seems unjustifiably superior to everyone around him.

They shouldn't have known it either. The very existence of Owl and the location of the Attack Titan should be a mystery to them like the location of the 9th Titan is to us as readers. We didn't even know Eren had a specialized Titan until Kruger showed up with it, and they definitely don't know Kruger exists.

Why not? Zeke knows what shifters are at Marley and which are missing.

Hopefully Isayama realizes that the way to make Armin special for real is to continue the development he's been doing with him into making him into an absolute pragmatic. Like I said he was liked a lot after he killed somebody.

If he makes his pragmatism his defining characteristic alongside his "genius", he'll make a decent character.

>destroy a resistance movement
>betray your own parents
>swear your life to Marley
>do anything and everything in service to them
>your grandparents are still ghetto trash

You tell me.

Marley definitely knows they themselves don't have the Attack Titan, but they definitely shouldn't know its exact whereabouts, much less that it resides in Eren. That was a complete mystery up until Eren himself read the books. Unless they somehow managed to figure out how Grisha attacked the Reiss and stole the Coordinate for himself by means of informants within the walls, but I don't think that's a likely excuse.

>I do think people are tough on Armin but it's not because he hasn't done things and more because the things he does don't seem "genius"-like to readers. They feel like common sense. Depriving other characters of common sense and giving it to one person doesn't make readers think he's a genius, it makes them think there's nothing special about him.
Readers will always have privileged perspective. What feels like common sense in our perspective might be insight and even ingeniousness considering the retrograde setting and the forced insularity of the walled nation. In many ways Armin goes against the grain, by being overly interested in taboo subjects when people with "common sense" in the setting would actually be bullying him or ostracizing him socially (lie it's been showed a number of times).

I mean, it's just such a lack of immersion the way some try to take away or devalue the wight of Armin's contribution and character. He's the guy responsible for Eren's impulse to be free after all.

That's why he's got the retard aura. Realistically if all he specializes at is plans that take advantage of other people and manipulating them to kill others, that'll be enough for me, and plus it'd be fitting since that's all the former Colossal Titan tried to do anyway.

>He's the guy responsible for Eren's impulse to be free after all.
People might revel in that more if it hadn't already been hammered into our skulls/wasn't the main flashback Isayama abuses to make Eren and Armin's friendship appear significant.

Fucking this. The first time I saw the ocean flashback, it was pretty endearing, the second time when Armin used it to wake Eren up from his Titan stupor it was invigorating and enthralling how something so simple that we as readers take for granted could motivate Eren that way, but every time after that it was pretty fucking trash. Eren and Armin's friendship pretty much flopped the moment Trost finished, Eren and Reiner and Annie feel way more real and believable than Eren and Armin's, and those two are his enemies. Does that mean all Isayama needs to do to make EAr's friendship more popular is to make them enemies? I wouldn't mind that.

Nothing.

These scenes still freak me out. Something about them seems so incredibly off it gives me shivers. Particularly that one of the melted soldier and the fireplace, and then the one where it has the windmill, then the Titans walking past it. So eerie.

Because Rico and her eyebrows exist.

About Armin, well, let's just say I would've given the shot to Erwin.

Who are they?

This man's story spinoff when

> For sure Eren doesnt have that much time at Marley
We don't know that. It's possible he's been doing battle for some time, while seeing the POV of the mainland eldians.

It's been hinted already in the manga one of the possible seeds of conflict between them (pic related). Eren was seeing Hanji (representing the SC) antagonistically, and both Hanji and Armin know Eren wasn't telling all the details and precious information about the situation.

Yeah, i think they figured it out. It's not that hard anyway.

>Eren becomes coordinate
>timeloop sequence starts
>up until he woke up near the tree he was living the lives of Eldians in different eras
>he experiences this again and again until he stops the looping

being Eren is suffering

His spinoff is now, silly.

Rico was always the best.

>It's not that hard anyway.
I'd say it is. The Owl himself is still a feared mystery to the Marleyan government, and they haven't yet figured his identity out. I think it's just a throwaway line by Isayama or an oversight, really, and it won't be explained. If it is, it better be by Zeke himself since I can't reason any way he would know where the Attacker lies, besides him having colluded with Eren beforehand, somehow.

That was before he'd had his shots. Frieda Reiss was still alive at that point.

Fuck I meant like he gets all 9 shifters not coordinate.

I want him to suffer hell over and over again just to see how far he can go.

Now that season 2 is over, can anyone explain what the fuck is up with the Beast Titan leading dinosaurs into some kind of silly charge at the end of the 3rd OP? It just feels incredibly goofy to me and ruins what's otherwise a great OP.

I'll probably get some spoilers on the manga and I'm fine with that, but please try to keep it to a minimum.

Everyone dedicates their hearts to something. Dinosaurs were hunters too.

senpai don't come to these threads if you haven't read the manga, this'll probably be your only warning. Leave desu,

We don't know exactly. It might just be symbolic.

Preach.

What's happening to Annie here?

There's a theory that the BT takes on different forms based on the holder. For instance, Falco who has an affinity for birds and flying might inherit a flying BT if he got it.

Zackley's newest invention.

On one hand I wanna see more Rico. On the other hand I'm afraid that she'll only show up to die at this point.

But that was pretty much their childhood. Marvelling at the mysteries and possibilites of the outside world, sharing and being united by an interest alien to many inside the walls, while covering their backs and helping each other.

If seeing it being mentioned a third time, or just being remembered in the story again makes you tthink it wasn't real friendship or whatever, then you likely actually never cared.

> Eren and Reiner and Annie feel way more real and believable than Eren and Armin's
This feels like what the cancerous BRA centered fags tend to think. I beg to disagree. As far as Reiner and Annie were concerned, not that there wasn't some nice interactions going on, but they were all in just for the military exams, and as we know now, for Marley's assault on the island. It's like having an interesting and productive good time with all those 'friends' you make at college, but truthfully everyone is there to pass their own exams and go on witht their own goals. Then you realize the people you're actually friends with have been the ones you've known (and they know you) for a much longer time.

Did anyone make a webm of when annie puts eren on his ass from S2E7?

that SWEET SWEET ANNIE BOOTY MY GOD

Reminder that Eren controlling Titans just made the typical move of making the MC the one of a kind special snowflake instead of an underdog climbing his way up.

youtube.com/watch?v=HB_EOCWEF_4

It's from this scene but >youtube quality

>like college friends

Exactly. Eren interacted with them a lot because they were in a similar skill bracket and likely trained together a lot because of it. But that doesn't mean his friendship with Armin isn't worth more.

I am just thinking all the ways Marley could connect the dots from Eren having the coordinate to them not having the attack titan. But then I realised Zeke is the only guy with a brain in the marleyan goverment.

Go read the manga

I should probably try harder with these but there's so little to pick at within all the shit/shipposting.

He even cried when Rod called him nothing special and not the chosen one.

This is probably the wrong thread to post this in since it's late and no one is shitposting really.

Where is "endgame right here, brothers"?

It's not about being mentioned again and again, well, it kind of is. It's the way it's the ONLY thing Isayama can put forth for Eren and Armin. Eren and Reiner had plenty going for them before and after the reveal, particularly the hand-to-hand training where Reiner taught him responsibility, and Eren's monologue as he fought him, and it feels so much more invigorating. I want to care about Eren and Armin but their friendship being built upon such cheap foundation -- despite it being Eren's very reason for trying so damn hard -- added to the fact that Armin is being hamfisted into the story hard when he's completely unnecessary and could be replaced by anyone else if his retard aura didn't accompany him everywhere, just makes everything regarding him cheap, regardless of how impacting on the story he's supposed to be.

>no >ARMONG
>no Endgame
>no Ymir
>no Kruger
>no "reveal was shit"
>no speedreaders

senpai pls

Yeah, I know. I just had all these tabs of paintings open and had the urge. There really isn't much SnK original shit anymore now that the threads are full of shipfaggotry, or at least it's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of these threads. I'm a little disappointed in myself, is right.

Using it requires others(royalties) to sacrifice themselves instead of just the mc