Storage

What do you do after you finish a series, keep it or delete it after watching to save space? How much space have you guys used?

no streamfags

I delete at least 95% of the shows I download when I'm done watching them because they simply aren't that amazing and I know I'll never watch them again.

Depends on series, i delete tv version and stuff i dont like.
Only have about 4tb between OST, artbooks,games and anime at the moment.
Slowly buying HDDs and keeping stuff.

This. Only keep the 10/10 shit.

I usually delete seasonal shows, mostly because I probably won't watch them again. I'll re-download the BDs of good shows later. I'm not sure how much space I've used since I've got some on my laptop, desktop and an external, but it's probably close to 2.5 TBs.

Store it if it was a show I could rewatch easily, later replace it with the BD version.

Keep everything but the worst 10%

If I liked it I keep it and replace it with a BD version. If no BD version is released, I make my own. If no BD source is released I keep the TV rip. 15 TB.

I'm a shameless leech. I delete everything.

Depends on if I need the BD version or not and whether or not a show is good enough to my archival purpose.

I only keep series I really enjoyed.

I watch 40 anime per season, I'm not keeping all that shit.

>40 anime a season
So everything? I barely watch about 7-8 anime each season. Once in a while i do check old stuff i didnt watch tough.

Delete TV shit and redownload BDs

I keep it and store highest quality BD always.

depends if it was good

I keep everything in preparation for when that happens

The great internet purge?

This. I even keep bad anime I want to watch just for a laugh what if Over Logging becomes real?

I stream stuff to see if I like it then DL it if I want to keep watching and delete shows I don't plan on rewatching. My storage is mostly stuff I can pop on randomly like KMB or stuff I might watch once a year like Gundam

Sudoku.

If I liked the show I keep it, also later I add BDs even though I'm probably not gonna watch it again like says. I also hoard manga.

So you are the reason why BD groups keep using FLAC

Get the fuck out.

yes, I personally email them with requests to use FLAC and they do it because one person matters more to them than anyone else. what are you on about anyway?

I pretty much save everything I don't explicitly drop.

It's not hard since I don't watch that much anime. around 10 per season max.

>hoarding series and movies

Nah, fuck you. Most pointless thing ever.

I keep it, because I have an ample amount of space.

* Watching: 914 GB
* Rewatchable: 2.4 TB
* On hold: 628 GB
* Unlikely to rewatch: 545 GB
* Unwatched: 1.2 TB
* Uncategorised: 313 GB

I only keep the series I'm sure I'll rewatch.

That's pretty fucked up. How difficult is it to go through one season?

I just download 3 or 4 shows at the end of each season and usually finish them up very quickly, so they don't have much impact. The bulk of this is random shows from the last ~15 years, and a lot of rewatches.

i folder them, move them to flash drives, and store them in a drawer with labels.

you know flash drives corrupt the data over time and removes it?

It depends on how good it was, I end up deleating most of the animes i download because they're not special enough to be kept

Why bother categorising them like that?
>Uncategorised
What the fuck is in this?
I don't understand why you don't just keep it all in an anime folder, are you not able to know what you have and haven't watched?
Why would you categorise a folder for "Rewatchable"? This serves no purpose in ease of access or deciding whether you want to re-watch a series.
Do you have legitimate OCD?

This, I only keep VNs on my hard drive. I have about 10-15 GB of anime and 1TB of VNs right now.

My humble collection. I haven't downloaded anything since last december though.

>keeping the backup running in the same pc and not offsite

There's no difference

Have fun when your house burns down.

I hoard shit. It's not like I have other things to store in that storage space.

When I didn't have that much to store, I did just keep everything in the same folder. But it got huge and annoying. When I want to watch something, I either want to continue something, start something new, or go back to something old. The categorisation ensures I don't have to look through way more titles than necessary or get distracted by irrelevant ones.

Uncategorised is just stuff in my torrent partition that I haven't bothered to move yet, but it's not all unwatched so I didn't include it in that section.

I stream

The only things I keep on my external HD are series I haven't watched (or in the middle of watching) and things that I know I will definitely rewatch later.
I usually don't keep completed series that I don't plan on rewatching saved for more than a month or two, and the only reason I keep them that long is to let them seed to 1:1 or greater.

Keep it. I use to delete shows I cared less about but I have over 7TB to use, so if I like a show I'll keep it.

Left is airing/to be watched. Right is archive.

Me to pal
Since I'm too poor to afford and a bigger 60GB HDD

Jesus christ man , put those inside your folders

Delete all, Its not even an issue of space, just when I use to keep them around I'd never re-watch them and it feels weird when you have a huge backlog to re-watch things anyhow.

I put them in folders after I watch them. They're all seeding atm so I don't want to move them.

I'm running out of space

>seeding HS episodes