Sup Forums would call this ugly

>Sup Forums would call this ugly

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/67405769
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it looked much better towards the end, can't knock on them for trying something different

>wide lipless mouths and flat nostril-slits

Compared to the manga it really is

It's ugly as shit, yes. Is defending Aku no Hana the new contrarian meme?

>user finds this gorgeous beauty "ugly"
Apologize

>It's ugly as shit, yes.
Objectively incorrect

It's uncanny valley as fuck

Why am I not surprised Sup Forums didn't like Flowers of Evil?

>new contrarian meme?
For a good year now. Yes.

>doesn't understand what the uncanny valley is
Not surprised
Because they hate anything different

Rotoscope has been done far better

>7 posters
>11 replies
why am i not surprised

That's literally what the uncanny valley is.

How can something this adorable be "uncanny". It makes no sense, user.

I really enjoyed the rotoscoping in this. It lended itself to the discomfort and unease of.

I disagree.

dumb frogposter

Don't talk to me or my beautiful wife ever again

>aku no hana contrarians are frogposters
Huh

>Mixing up Sup Forumsyp Pepe posters with Easter posters
Pathetic, and I'm no contrarian, friend

I would stick my dick in the crazy, yes I would.

Easter posting was alright but Sup Forums is too shitty now.

fr*gposting is against the rules on Sup Forums. see you in thee days

>People like cute stuff
What a fucking surprise

Can we please get back on topic?

A normal anime art style would've been 10x better in my opinion.

Exactly, that's why it confuses me when Sup Forums hates on Aku No Hana

Only pretentiousfags think Aku no Hana is not ugly.
They ruined best girl.

Even 3D is prettier than that, user

The rotoscoping made them look fat.

It looks retarded user. Every time I see her face I want to punch it. She looks like she almost got down syndrome, but just about dodged the aesthetics.

If I was to guess how she acted based on her hideous appearance, I'd say she acted like a stuck up, know it all cunt with a dry ass personality no one could love.

Wrong

I'm afraid it is. It looks fluid but they look formless. I'm not going into the ugliness argument but it could be done to thin their faces up a little more.

Fuck off

That's the uncanny valley feeling

But that is how Japanese people look, friend, can you not appreciate realistic features?

Her face looks flat against what looks like a 3d body, it's unsettling

If japanese people look like pancakes I'm afraid we are lost.

Like the plot, the characters might be good but if you don't see the fault in this I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm not even blaming the rotoscoping.

You have autism

We'll yeah BECAUSE ITS RODOSCOPED
They are objectively good looking, anime has rooted your perception, friend.

*rotted

A Scanner Darkly is rotoscoped and it doesn't look so uncanny valley

>17 posters
>40 replies
WEW
E
W

Neither is Aku No Hana you big bully. why do you hate cute girls?

Even the 3d version looks unironically better than this shit

Fuck off with your 3DPD bullshit.

YEAH WELL I disagree, friend

That is filtered to fuck.

>objective opinions
Alright I'm outta here. Enjoy your pancakes.

I will

Lighten up, will you?

I won't. Get out.

The manga art wasn't that hot in the earlier volumes, honestly.

in terms of composition the pottery is off the charts though.

What a horrible story.

>pushover beta becomes obsessed with cluster-B psycho girl

Rotoscoping is incredibly hard to pull off yet rewarding in terms in animation, so kudos to them for trying.
The fact that the end result is atrocious due to laziness and inexperience is why people hate this anime.

Oshimi is a true bro for the Dark Souls cameos in Inside Mari alone.

Real Japanese girls are ugly. What more do you need to know OP?

I like Asian facial features, to be honest. I don't know why Sup Forums disliked the show so much when the average Jap has the same looking face as the characters in the show.

Yes it has.

Nakamura-san unf unf

Kinda been backlogging rewatching this high and interpolated, seems like a cool experience.

so is the show shit or not? I never bothered to look at it purely because the rotoscoping looked laughably bad, but I realized I'm judging a book by the cover

2chan called it ugly too.

It's literally perfect. Don't listen to Sup Forums and their lies

You are the first step on the path towards enlightenment. Being pretty is not desirable, let alone beneficial, to this story except in specific instances.

The mangaka (who is a god amongst men) and the director had no interest in a typical kawaii moe typical anime like you wanted. The evil bastard expressly strove to make sure kids didn't just get a cute Nakamura that they wanted to "unf unf" as he put it.

Frankly I don't have time to explain all this again but this show did what it wanted. There is already pasta spelling this out.

Sorry it's not a sparkling shiny array of cute girls being zany or self-insert power trips. We already had those. Aku no Hana is a slice of actual life i.e. not pleasant a lot of the time. You'll get it when you're older. I do not say that as an insult. It's not a shonen series and it's not meant to be pretty. It FLAWLESSLY portrays its subject matter in all its glory, grossness, and overwrought ridiculousness.

It's one of the worst tragedies of the decade that they didn't get to finish out the first half of the story but then again they knew it was never going to fly with teenagers or focus groups, hence the previews for a second season (which they said in interviews that they knew would almost definitely not happen).

It's one of the most real anime ever made and no frequently used anime art style could hack it for portraying the mood or theme of this thing.

Sorry that Sawa didn't have pink hair. So many edgy teens out there who don't know that this show is about them and knocked it out of the park. It's like someone took a fantasy and acted it out in real life.

I sure as hell wouldn't want this kind of dark and unpleasant anime to become a standard thing but there is far more than enough other stuff out there and THANK GOD these guys had the balls and the vision to kick all that in the dick and do something else. Obligatory favorite stuff incoming.

Jesus christ that's unsettling.

>there are people who don't think that shit is ugly
>OP being a shitposter is a more plausible possibility than him just being honest

Mah negro!

Mandatory anime-parallel shot people didn't notice but will pretend they did. Even Sawa-sama knows she's more moe in SOL fan's heads and is imagining herself like that rather than the shitty-bug, real world self she's stuck with.

I love the series with a passion OP, and yes it's ugly. That's what makes it so good
Either you're legitimately being autistic or falseflagging to further diminish any reputation it had on this board. Stop it

>show starts with MC stealing the cutest girl's gym clothes
>said cutest girl is as cute as a newborn potato
>tumblr gif
I bet you suggest reading some Buddhist books before watching Nichijou.

I genuinely find Nakamura cute

It's weird how often she fluctuates from cute to ugly actually

But she IS cute! CUTE!!

It moves and looks almost like a human but it plainly isn't one. That's the uncanny valley. It's like watching androids.

Why are you saying these things? Are you deliberately trying to hurt me?

What gives you the impression that she's cutest girl? Some jerkoff middle school kids think so through their hormone haze and unreliable narration. You are the butt of that joke, user-san. The dipshit main character literally idolizes her and makes her more than a real person (he "animes" her, pretty much). He has goddamn visions where she is an actual angel.

No, sir, she is just an awkward teenage girl and in a lineup of 100 other girls, you wouldn't pick her out. She is probably not even the best looking girl in her grade. But teenager idolize who's right in front of them, it's part of what makes them immature.

Once things start to really kick in, we see more and more of the sheen rub off and the fact that even the "perfect" girl is just another fuckup becomes apparent. Pick super related.

Then being as the mangaka is the devil personified he cranks it all up to borderline unrealism for effect to really turn the screws. I see a lot of people rubbed raw by this, and a lot of people who felt that coming on, backed away from it, and try oh so hard to convince other people they are just too erudite to have been affected. People hating on this eries are still the ones trying to pretend to understand Baudelaire.

You know you're grown up and also honest with your self when you can look back at teenage crushes and dreams and fanatically-held beliefs and realize what a little pile of crap you were, laugh at it, maybe have a little warmth in your heart for your former, embarrassing self.

Aku no Hana is being 30 and looking back at your middle school yearbook. *wince*

>You see, whether you can draw like this or not, being able to think up this kind of design, it depends on whether or not you can say to yourself, ‘Oh, yeah, girls like this exist in real life. If you don’t spend time watching real people, you can’t do this, because you’ve never seen it. Some people spend their lives interested only in themselves. Almost all Japanese animation is produced with hardly any basis taken from observing real people, you know. It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!.
>implying nips wouldn't call it ugly because it hits too close to home

Now I see why Miyazaki said that above.

Why does anything Nobunaga related ever get a season 2?

As intended. Like real people. user I have met a few famous and pretty people (Neve Campbell being the noteworthy one that comes to mind most often when this comes up). I was an extra in a couple of films, made $150, so cash. Anyway she looks great in person and is definitley a head-turner but when you talk to her up close, she still looks meh or even a little offputting. Everyone is like this, you just don't notice because it's real life, not an actress or anime character in an inherently warped "reality" of film. Point being, Nakamura looking ugly, creepy, cute, charming, gut-wrenchingly sypmathetic...not a lot of characters in anime pull off that range.

And when they do, it's the voice acting that sells it.

vimeo.com/67405769

I'm really glad Sup Forums finally started to truly appreciate Aku no Hana. The shitstorm of potato face threads really made me think this board was braindead.

Is Nakamura the new queen of Sup Forums?

So close to quints...but close enough to be truth. It took a while for all the moe-is-mandatory kids and shonen trolls to piss off but after a year or so, they did. Since then it comes up fairly regularly and there is a solid core of people who appreciate it. It's got a smallish but dedicated cult following.

No, I'm pretty sure people say it's ugly because it actually is ugly.

Except people on here liked the manga.

People hate the anime for good reason.

Such as?

You are too attached to prettiness.

Whats the point in rotoscoping? Fuck the girl looks better in 3D then the rotoscoping version, its just an unnecessary effort.

There is a taboo in animation, mixing real characters with animation, it's a stupid idea, in the 60s to 80s they tried, they all failed miserably, the only one that got anything reasonable was Disney with Snow White, but it was bizarre and they never They tried that shit again.

Wut

Great Music.

the fact that it was such a shock reveal when this first episode aired though, is what really made me hate this artstyle

i hated the anime but not because of how it looked, because i found the mc to be the most insufferable cockgoblin in the history of animation

maybe ill read the manga, seems like everyone likes that better

>3DCG anime looks better than Aku no Potato