One Piece

Why do we still bother reading along when we know that Oda will never surpass Water 7? The closest he got to that level of quality was with Marineford, and even then it wasn't close enough. Plus, the series has been on a constant downhill since the time-skip. Are we all just following it out of a sick sense of duty, wanting to finish what we started? Is this what Naruto and Bleach fans felt like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0b0GcioPlvM
youtube.com/watch?v=pJfdVUhiqt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably

Rereading One Piece has been a bit of a bummer now that I am redpilled
Just read through Fishman Island and all of its story basically amounts to being globalist propaganda

One Piece is still great. You just lost interest.

>Implying Water 7 was the best arc when Skypiea exists
This is how I can easily filter out plebs

This.

I'm loving Whole Cake Island.

WCI is just as good

The abundance of characters which means less screentime for the straw hats plus most of them losing what made them great pre-timeskip (Nami, Robin, Franky, Chopper..) doesn't help i guess...

>Carrot isn't that stro-
youtube.com/watch?v=0b0GcioPlvM

>Skypiea
>Not Alabasta

This is supposed to be the part where the Arlong Park fag comes in, but I just want you all to know that OP is right and Water 7 really is as good as One Piece's gotten

Dressrosa is a good story. I'm watching it though so it's kind of a chore
>that never ending block d fight
holy hell I don't give a shit about rebecca

Why is OroJackson so shit? I tried to post there cause the shipposting here was too much but jesus man, the people there are a bunch of FAGS and even there the mods seem like a bunch of SaNa fanboys.

Skypiea is the arc that suffers the most from being read the first time around, since it feels so separate from the rest of the story. It's much more enjoyable on rereads.

What happened to Kaizoku Fansubs?

Buildup to Skypiea was the best moment in the series for me. Knock up stream was FUCKING HYPE

I haven't kept up with One Piece fandom in years, whatever happened to Arlong Park (the community)?

my nigga

Hold up, we all know what the real best arc is

>Introduce new Shichibukai
>Reveal Blackbeard
>Show Whitebeard, the strongest man in the world
>Alright, now forget about all that and enjoy this adventure in the far remote sky island
16 year old me was pissed

Fangirls also ruin websites. I remember the rampant cat-fights on LiveJournal and Arlong Park Community over cosplay pairings. Chicks get nasty.

Water 7 dealt with the internal struggle of the crew and I loved it. Wish we had at least one more arc like that.

tsk tsk user. I'm a Sup Forums crossboarder too, and if you think about it, the fishmen were basically BLM fucking shit up unreasonably. I'm not going into it in greater detail because I'll get banned for politics talk.

Luffy VS Usopp was godlike

marines*

Trips of truth Carrot is stronk

I wonder if there's anyone that legitimately holds this opinion

>Skypiea
I thought the whole death battle thing was poorly worked out. There was no real sense of elimination. There were no real rounds. It was set up to have rounds and shit like your average YYH arc, but it didn't end up being a thing

>Alabasta
Muh politics fags
>Skypia
Muh adventure/lore fags
>Water 7/Enies Lobby
Muh evil government fags
>Marineford
Muh fight fags

God, you guys are fucking awful. But at least you guys aren't Dressrosa fags.

Trips.
Also, let's go through a play-by-play here:
>Foggy
>Zoro and Law are the only ones to sense anything's wrong
>Might be CoO, might be experience in combat
>Zoro says he has it
>Carrot leaps out at mach 2
>She floats, an ability never seen before
>he whiffs a slice
>he still has time to turn and block 1 handed
>her punch has sparks and lightning, something else rarely seen
>he's surprised
To be honest, they downplayed the effect of the lightning, not sure why but the manga looked like it was far more dangerous.
He would still win in a fight, she's strong though, no doubt about that.

Impel down was great

>Are we all just following it out of a sick sense of duty, wanting to finish what we started? Is this what Naruto and Bleach fans felt like?
Kinda. OP hasn´t turned to complete shit just yet tho, but it´s getting there.

>You just lost interest.
No. I´m just gonna say that timeskips are bad writing.

>One Piece
Muh adventure

Can we agree that Post-TS had some great moments? This is objectively the cutest shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=pJfdVUhiqt0

>bad writing
Bad how? I'm not saying you're wrong. But I like my trainwrecks

this is just fetish material done by a shit studio

post ts = pre ts

still skypiea best arc though

I think the way its headed now, WCI will be best arc and if Oda can keep up the momentum, the next 10 years of one piece will be the best by far.

Pirate Warriors 4 when?

And its cute as fuck, what else do you want?

A proper adaptation not done by Miyazaki

I feel like people are giving WCI too much credit. Its good but its not "best arc in years material.

I want Marineford babies to leave

Oh god no, there's too much material. Besides, we dont need a director, we need a studio that isn't stretching for time.

funnily enough, wci is by far my least favorite of post-ts so far.

It felt rushed at times to me, and just overall underwhelming for a yonko arc, even though big mom herself is great.

We do need a director. They could just remake old arcs into movies using new footage, and maybe one or two twists that didn't happen in the original manga.

Once we get further removed from it and people forget how much of a drag it was in real time to read there's going to be a ton of people who think Dressrossa was the best arc.

Time skips aren't automatically bad writing. The context here is that Luffy and co must prepare for the cruelest sea they're about to enter.

>tfw i dropped OP after Punk Hazard
I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't like a single arc post time-skip and when i got to the Gladiator thing i didn't want to deal with another Alabasta so i just dropped it.
From what i hear, Big Mom's arc is pretty much just Thriller Bark but with candy people instead of zombies, so i don't think i missed out.
But part of me wants to pick it up again for the obligation of finishing it.

Dressrosa being bad is a meme.

Were you reading weekly or in chunks?

Tell me what you want from 1P and we can tell you whether or not to finish it. Bonus points if you tell us your gender

Regarding Big Mom, you heard wrong. Different structure than Thriller Bark and Sanji is heavily focused on personal level in this arc.

Zou arc which is a mini arc before it the same way Jaya was before Skypiea is also an okay read.

I agree that Dressrosa was bloated.

Dressrosa isn't bad.

It's just too much Law and Doflamingo fanservice

I unironically think 1P's manga is too fast at many points and you can tell Oda is so used to writing/drawing specific things he starts skipping things

It's an accurate meme. It's long, borring and comletely pointless. The only good thing about it is Senior Pink's backstory.

Was this arc that bad? I forget.

>Water 7/Enies Lobby
>Good
Pick one and only one fags.
Asspulls with O MY 9 SWORD STYLE and O MY FLAMING LEGS.
Shitty power scaling. Sanji struggles against Blueno's tekkai yet can beat up Jabra the so called "master" at tekkai.
Muh boat is an inanimate object that can talk and sail by itself.
Bustercall was completely pointless when the fucking vice admirals did nothing to try and capture the SHs.
Usopp throws away everything and acts completely out of character just to force some drama. Like he really thinks Luffy didn't think hard about getting a new ship, or really doesn't value his friends after saving their fucking assess time and time again.
Muh Sogeking.
Only good thing was Robin's backstory.

Law basically polled ahead of Luffy on the popularity poll though it's exactly what the fanbase wanted from them.

I liked it at the beginning, but it bored me as the arc went along. And then the fact you can get rid of 90% of it and it wouldn't make much of a difference only makes it worse.

>Asspulls with O MY 9 SWORD STYLE and O MY FLAMING LEGS.
I think you're reading a comedy for the wrong reasons.

Honestly this. Most of the time when the anime drags parts out its awful but sometimes the extra buildup makes the scenes even better.

>Time skips aren't automatically bad writing
Nah. If it leads to a sequel, like Naruto>Boruto as a bad example it is acceptable.

>The context here is that Luffy and co must prepare for the cruelest sea they're about to enter.
Sure, but that´s pretty bad writing in my book and doesn´t require a timeskip. It´s pretty much like this:
>Guy isn´t strong enough to beat character x
>Okay let´s make him train for 2 years
>Beats character x one arc later

this was like a One Piece movie made it into the manga

Weekly
I'm a guy
Honestly, I don't even know. I just want enjoyable arcs.
For some reason, i didn't like any of the TS ones. Fishman island was a huge drag (especially considering that Hodie was just a guy on super drugs), Punk Hazard was also long as shit but i liked Shulolo-gasman. I fucking hated the dragon kid.
If you ask me what arcs i liked, i probably can't give you a straight up answer. I just liked the "feel" that OP had before.
Maybe i got too old

And the gears. Can't call foreshadowed 9 swords asspull unless gears are an asspull. I want to reread to see if muh firelegs are foreshadowed, but I've got no idea.
Also, tekkai was super inconsistent for all of them

>OP talks about Water 7
>Gets labeled a Marineford baby

Reread it in a chunk.

There is a page were Luffy says he wants to try out some new moves. It's sparse, but it's there.

Of course how could I forget the gears.
>Can't call foreshadowed 9 swords asspull
Am i a Spee D. Reader? When was this foreshadowed.

Every single one of your complaints applies specifically to Enies Lobby
Water 7 is different
>Usopp throws away everything and acts completely out of character just to force some drama. Like he really thinks Luffy didn't think hard about getting a new ship, or really doesn't value his friends after saving their fucking assess time and time again.
Humans aren't 100% logical everytime. The Go Merry meant a lot to him and he didn't believe it was worth abandoning it until it broke down before his eyes.

i thought this arc was filler for the longest time

i still liked it a lot though

That's the most perfect description I have ever read of it.

whole cake island is good, but let's not pretend people saying one piece went to shit after the timeskip are entirely wrong. Fishman island was hyped for so fucking long and it was trash. Hazard Punk was pretty garbage too, even when taking it as just a setup arc and comparing it to other setup arcs. Dressrosa COULD have been good and certainly had some hype as fuck moments, but it dragged on and on and could've been shortened a few month's worth of chapters.

but yes, Whole Cake Island is the shit.

All his attacks are demonic or animalistic in some way. Enbina Yonezu Oni Giri was used earlier in Enies Lobby against a bunch of guards too, that was an illusion that showed potential.

>a drag
I am of the opinion One Piece is too fast. I really wish it would slow down a bit

>The Go Merry meant a lot to him and he didn't believe it was worth abandoning it until it broke down before his eyes
So what. The GO Merry meant a lot to everyone. Oda made Usopp act out of character for forced drama.

Sorry but I don't count that as foreshadowing.

really?i kind of didnt like water 7 all that much

fights were not very interesting, and i really dont like franky as a crew member.

Chimney,Kokoro and Spandam were fun though.
Also Robin's backstory was nice but thats it.

really though,i feel like one piece's getting worse every arc since the beginning.East blue feels like the best saga while dressrosa feels like the worst.I still like it though,it gets worse by time but not too much.

Oda, where's my friend Zoro?

This. There's more, too - in Dressrosa and now, in Totland arc. The manga is, dare I say it, /ourpiece/

kek no

For SaNami

Please dont bring politics into this.

What would be considered foreshadowing? It's a fact that there has always been a spiritual nature to zoro as a swordsman

Zoro was on the back foot and look at Carrot's eyes in the clip.
Absolute determination. She would have continued her attack relentlessly and need I remind you that was far from her strongest attack.
Zoro got knocked out by the Yeti Cool bros. His durability is inconsistent. Zoro could easily have capitalized on that surprise and hit him with one over her various more powerful attacks we've seen her use since.

I did say I would stop, and I did.

Alabasta feels bit unfair since it was more of a culmination of everything that came before it.

Skypiea and Drum are probably the most satisfying self contained arcs.

Baroque works storyline in general was best one piece in every way.

Agree with everything you said!

I'd love to see a proper poll conducted on readers to see if they enjoyed Fishman Island or not. The most underwhelming factor for me was, Strawhats just super leveled up in the timeskip, and are now debuffed by being in water. I dont' exactly remember most of the details of what happened there, strangely enough.

The Vivre Card, forshawdowing Jinbe all the way back at Arlong Park, mention of Boa Hancock on Thriller Bark and Lola mentioning her mom is a big deal in the New world, shit like that. Some random attack that has "spiritual nature" doesn't mean Zoro should grow two more heads and four more arms. It's fucking stupid and contrived.

No, it wasn't. The Going Merry was given to them by Kaya, and for Usopp, Kaya meant more to him than any of the other crew members. Usopp wouldn't have bothered fixing the damn thing time and time again with his amateur skills if it didn't mean anything more to him.

>The Vivre Card, forshawdowing Jinbe all the way back at Arlong Park
What is this?

Just continuing our discussion with a couple of pictures for me to look at later.
Chapter 777 if curious.

Pica looks about 200-300 feet wide, i'd say judging for the buildings surrounding him.

Yeah no. The going merry was given to everybody not just Usopp. And for Usopp to throw away all of his friends and dreams just to clutch onto his childhood friend's gift is fucking stupid.
If Kaya meant so much to him, why did he leave the island in the first place?
Usopp fixed it because he had to so they wouldn't sink. Everybody loved the boat, but not everyone became a sudden retard, when they found out they were replacing it.

Looking at There are a few buildings that appear to be 5 or more storeys, they don't even come halfway up his feet, I think Oda has to have fucked up the scale or something there, what do you think?

enel is the strongest char.

What even were the Yeti Cool bros? I assumed they must have used sleeping gas or small pellets to instantly knock unconscious, because what would knock out without damaging?
And also, using "the look in someone's eyes" as a justification for strength isn't really relevant, check the manga for the panel with her eyes first too