Mahotsukai no Yome

So is she a Sleigh Beggy or Slay Vega?

Other urls found in this thread:

asmanxasthehills.com/names-for-manx-fairies-isle-of-man-folklore/
youtu.be/V5GbcVIKLIQ?t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=yufqwX8AwDg
youtube.com/watch?v=02pmPMCWHGo
youtube.com/watch?v=IxtfP3m5XGI
sevenseasentertainment.tumblr.com/post/120370462795/hello-on-the-account-of-the-sleigh-beggy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think it's "sleih beggey".

asmanxasthehills.com/names-for-manx-fairies-isle-of-man-folklore/

Manx? WTF is this, a /bant/ thread?

But the manga gives it as スレイ・ベガ, surei bega.

I don't know how it's pronounced, maybe it's close. I guess writing a manx term in japanese, some things will get lost.

Slay Vega might not be the most accurate translation, but Sleigh Beggy or whatever sounds just awful.

Ah shit, this isn't yuri is it?

user...

What?

Considering there's a katakana for the "Ve" phoneme, it seems like Bega is actually what they were going for?

The main romance is a the red head and the spooky skeleton.

The one in the pink dress is their housekeeper/mother figure.

You couldn't be any more wrong.

Forgot my pic.

If it can even be called romance.
Most of the time it's just snuggling and cute father daughter adventures.

>finally a decent series getting an anime adaptation where the female MC isn't actual garbage
And retards like are what the threads will be filled with. Can't fucking win.

>In regards to your questions, we should clarify that “sleigh beggy” is a type of fairy in our world, which is to say that the same does not apply to the fictional world of The Ancient Magus’ Bride. In these fictional settings, terminology can definitely be tricky, though many stories will use actual folklore and words while applying their own unique characteristics or meanings to them, while still being loosely grounded in the terms origin.

For Chise, this term is used to describe her being a type of extraordinary individual, and not being an actual fairy. So while the scanlator’s intended meaning for “Slay Vega” may have been “dearest child of the night,” it’s actual meaning to English speakers is “to kill a star.”

To this extent, we are of one mind in that the usage of Sleigh Beggy is in line with the manga-ka’s intended vision for this amazing series. Hopefully this clears up any confusion or misconceptions our readers had. –CC

>Manx, also known as Manx Gaelic, and also historically spelled Manks, is a Goidelic Celtic language of the Indo-European language family, historically spoken by the Manx people.
How is "beggy/beggey" pronounced?

I get their reasoning, and yes taken literally, Slay Vega is "to kill a star", but if they (scanlators/subbers/whatever) say Slay Vega means "dearest child of night", the audience usually accepts that sort of thing.

I'm glad they went with sleigh beggy. Slay vega sounds like some chuuni bullshit.

Wait, what chapter is this from? I automatically assumed the anime's key visual meant it might go in the direction of an original story but I guess it was just based off a random page?

I see, I'm just retarded. That's all good then.

From the very first chapter.

Most of the trailers and visuals we've seen so far stick very close to events that occur in the manga.

The OVAs did follow an original story, but the upcoming anime looks to be faithful.

youtu.be/V5GbcVIKLIQ?t=4

Makes sense. I suppose the illustration might just be foreshadowing then.

>a glimpse of Titania and Oberon
I'm happy

I dunno I kind of think the author was just playing around with costumes for Chise in the first few chapters, but they are very very good at crafting a story, so it's possible they might have some relevance later.

Waiting for the releases is so painful.

Spriggan is such an elitist prick, but he's adorable anyway.

Theres so many pairing in this series, no Yuri at all iirc.

That's the pilot PV for the manga.

Here's the actual TV anime PV: youtube.com/watch?v=yufqwX8AwDg

Spriggan in Silky's backstory was a pretty good dude, he just seems to hate humans and Elias.

Elias sounds wrong. Objectively shit show.

Fuck you, his VA is perfect for him.

No.

Should of sounded like Skeletor right?
Personally I wanted a more hollow voice.

I would've liked something spookier.

>I just wish Titania had stepped on me herself
Same.

Yes, bitch.

>Personally I wanted a more hollow voice.
The same. He's supposed to be this almost-autistic non-human and that full, fake-deep voice just doesn't fit it. Sounds like fucking Momonga.

Please take your bad taste and leave this board. It's contaminating the thread.

Yeah I wanted his VA to be a bit deeper and mature. The one they chose sounds like a normal guy trying to make a deep voice.

>was worried that Magus Bride production schedule is in danger because of Shingeki no Kyojin
>it's actually the other way around
3 episodes done in May with the show's release in October, glad Wit knows its priorities.

His voice actor is literally perfection, kill yourself. He sounds very noble and calm, exactly like he's supposed to.

>He sounds very noble and calm
He sounds like someone trying to fake a deep voice. It's fucking awful.

>Elias should have a spooky voice
Underage opinion.

Please get off the court if your little bitch legs are too weak to stand on it.

His current sound is TRYING to sound like some spooky skeleton overlord. Only, it's clearly outside the VA's natural range so it sounds awful.

>>Elias should have a spooky voice
>Underage opinion.
Yeah no, fuck off.

All of you who don't think Elias's voice is perfect need to seriously kill yourselves.

This is the kind of pleb taste that thinks Christian Bale's Batman voice was in any way, shape, or form good. You jackasses need to pull your heads out of your asses and read the fucking manga, where you might have noted that NO ONE has mentioned Elias's voice as being abnormal-sounding in any regard. Only his physical form is markedly inhuman.

Except that his voice, right now, sounds odd and inhuman. It's the awful goddamn stereotypical deep-voice overlord bullshit. Just listen to everyone else in the PV and compare their voices to Elias' and tell me his doesn't stand out like a sore thumb.

youtube.com/watch?v=02pmPMCWHGo

I knew you were faggots, but not the type of faggots that dislike Elias and his perfect voice.

>sounds odd and inhuman
I'd say it's on point retard, he isn't even human.

>sounds odd and inhuman
Gee, it's as if he wasn't a mystical being.

Can you retards read the thread?
>NO ONE has mentioned Elias's voice as being abnormal-sounding in any regard. Only his physical form is markedly inhuman.

There's nothing wrong with abnormal voices. That's just one of those pretentious pseudo-intellectual opinions.

It doesn't, it sounds like the voice of a large man of adult age. There shouldn't be anything otherworldly-sounding about his voice, and so there isn't. Had there been mention of such in the source material, it would have been taken into consideration, but since there wasn't, it wasn't. Stop headcanoning because of what your cow-eyes perceive.

>Except that his voice, right now, sounds odd and inhuman.
You need to kill yourself.

Why a comfy series like Magus Bride has a shit thread like this one?

Because retards flock to comfy threads to shitpost their cancerous stupidity. We'd ward them off with mistletoe if we could.

It sounds like a small Nip trying to sound like a large deep-voiced fellow, which to me sounds wrong every single time they do it.
This is what the VA sounds like youtube.com/watch?v=IxtfP3m5XGI and I would much have preferred Elias to sound as natural as Takeuchi sounds in this.

Because people actually like the series, are interested and excited for an anime and want to discuss the series with passion, instead of just being "comfy"?

I mean it's just a few dudes arguing about Elias' voice.

It's not nearly as bad as the shitflinging in other threads, and there's nothing else to talk about since the chapter releases are slow and the anime is still months away.

Which was a reply to earlier user stating that Elias' voice has never been stated to be abnormal. You'll need to elaborate beyond insults if you want me to understand you.

Ms. Redcurrant is hot.

She's one of my favorite side characters.

This series had my all time favorite art, the into scene where he first shows her his home is amazing.

Elias sounds fine you retard

>but they are very very good at crafting a story

Then why does it feel so aimless? I predict it's going to go full Berserkville and end in an indefinite hiatus once the author gets bored

The art's just amazing to me anyway.

I also love that this doesn't take place in Japan.

>once the author gets bored
She loves the subject matter too much to get bored.

I would disagree with it being aimless, but I do sort of understand where you're coming from.

The "main" story threads do progress pretty slowly, but at least all the filler bits are enjoyable.

I think the only one I didn't really care for was the little girl and her brother.

Then it probably just goes on and on until it's her health that fails.

The 'raise your own wife' trope is so 19th c.

The other characters address Chise's reliance on Elias as a problem in the story.

One of the MahoYome Twitter accounts has been posting pictures from their UK trip for a while now.

Comfy.

What about Chise herself? Daddy issues?

The windows, holy shit. It's as unlivable as it can get.

Parental issues. Insane mother, who, if I recall correctly tried to strangle Chise, then killed herself. Father I think died when she was really young and she had been ostracized for seeing the fey folk and their ilk.
She then got picked up and sold to slavery, from where Elias bought her and told her she is now her bride.

>her
His* naturally.

Best ship

sevenseasentertainment.tumblr.com/post/120370462795/hello-on-the-account-of-the-sleigh-beggy

2edgy2Bcomfy

What a cancerous term

>decent series
>not another wasted potential
Japs are quite good at writing a decent plot and completely fucking it up. I'm not expecting anything from this otaku wish fulfillment shit-tier child bride SoL garbage.

I want to fuck Silkie!

It's just the backstory. Things turn good in the very first chapter and the past is mostly just flashbacks.

Comfy?

It's not 'just the backstory' if Chise's past drives her behaviour in the present.

Father and mother both had the Sight, which she inherited from them. Father grabbed little brother during the night and bailed, no explanation. Mother couldn't withstand the sight of all the oni and tengu and shit and went crazy out of guilt that she wasn't strong enough to protect her daughter from the spookies, tried to strangle Chise as a mercy killing, couldn't bring herself to do it, and jumped off a balcony in shame, orphaning Chise in the process. Shady relatives played pass-around with her for years, but since none of them had the Sight, they couldn't understand why she was terrified all the time (because every fucking spirit in Japan was haunting her, drawn to her Sleigh Beggy-ness like metal to a magnet) so they thought she was batshit and a troublemaker. She was about to follow Mommy off the rooftop plunge jubilee special when Seth met her and offered to sell her to someone "who would value her", but didn't really explain shit. Then she's in chains at an auction for magical stuffs and a dude no one ever expected to see at a public auction showed up, marched on stage in front of everyone, said he bid 5 million pounds (not yen) right then and there for her (a mammoth sum of money for a wizard or alchemist to even have, according to Alice later), then t-ported out with his new apprentice/bride.

Stop. You're giving me warzone-tier flashbacks.

I look forward to more of this cute doggo getting animated.

The point is, people don't want to see a decent plot anymore. That's the whole premise of anime nowadays. Let's make a comfy SoL without adding any depth into it, they'll just consume it.

So you have no argument.

Ruth is best church grim.

>the backstory isn't just the backstory if it functions as a backstory
I think we may have a different understanding of just what entails a backstory.

Well, the picture you posted certainly isn't comfy.