Mai Ball!

I don't like where this is going.

Will be she princess-carried?
;_;

The pacing for this match is kind of really bad isn't it? I mean the match against Franklin was long, but at the least it made sense seeing all the shit that was included, here it's a bit too much.

>tfw your hatred for football is so big it's making reading this series straight up impossible

They're playing soccer tho

NO GOAL!

>The pacing for this match is kind of really bad isn't it?
It is, and it's not only the pacing.
It's a really bad arc in an otherwise good manga.

ded

It's a fucking soccer manga, it's going to be nothing but training and tournament arcs.

>It's a fucking soccer manga, it's going to be nothing but training and tournament arcs.
I know I shouldn't reply to an obvious bait, but even a manga that is only tournaments and training can have a bad pacing/story.
Hell, you can say pacing it's the most important thing in a spokon.

The Franklin match was 14 chapters long and we've had only 8 so far for this one. You probably just think it's long because it was right before this match that translations caught up with the RAWs.
I don't see how this arc is "bad" either.

I saw a chapter's number wrong. We've had 12 chapters for this match.

Chidori has been carrying the team in all their matches so far, to a ridiculous degree. She is by a wide margin the MVP, fitting for best girl.

Problem is that half the girls seem like dead weight because the author keeps giving all the glory to a select few of them. Don't know why I complain though since the girls that are getting the focus are all the best ones anyway (Mai, Reika, Chidori, Mitsu, Kiiro, Rinka)

>Don't know why I complain though
Because that we have 5 dead weights on our main team.

One of the girls has no stamina and becomes dead weight during the second halves of all their games, the obvious way to write such a character would be to compensate for that by having her shine during the first half but the author never lets her do anything impressive even when she isn't tired, so she never stands out. And she's actually one of the better treated characters since she has a rivalry with one of the prominent girls and her gag is still regularly used by the author.

The twins, the tall girl, and the glasses girl with a muscle fetish are completely superfluous, even their gags are rarely used anymore. Even Mai's generic best friend gets more spotlight than them.

The problem is we can't move on from this match until we get diving bitch's forced sad backstory.

They really should get few more girls so they could actually cycle out Chidori or others who die on 2nd half.

Yeah, I really like the art style and the girls, but I just couldn't give a fuck about a sports manga.

Stop trying so hard Chidori. You are already best girl.

As far as I'm concerned the match can go as long as it wants if it means I get to keep seeing the brown soccer goddess.

AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, SHE IS BROKEN IN HALF

One big problem is that the author always lets the enemy score. The defense would consequently look bad because of that decision.

Yeah, it's kind of ridiculous how much effort she puts into the games - easily more than anyone else. On the other hand, it's clearly been building for awhile and it wouldn't be a surprise if she ended up getting hurt and had to stop playing for a little while.

Bet Mitsu's gonna choke on the free shot but maybe they'll score on the rebound.