Extreme poverty in America: read the UN special monitor's report

>Philp Alston, the UN’s special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights, has spent 10 days touring America. This is the introduction to his report
I have spent the past two weeks visiting the United States, at the invitation of the federal government, to look at whether the persistence of extreme poverty in America undermines the enjoyment of human rights by its citizens. In my travels through California, Alabama, Georgia, Puerto Rico, West Virginia, and Washington DC I have spoken with dozens of experts and civil society groups, met with senior state and federal government officials and talked with many people who are homeless or living in deep poverty. I am grateful to the Trump administration for facilitating my visit and for its continuing cooperation with the UN Human Rights Council’s accountability mechanisms that apply to all states.
My visit coincides with a dramatic change of direction in US policies relating to inequality and extreme poverty. The proposed tax reform package stakes out America’s bid to become the most unequal society in the world, and will greatly increase the already high levels of wealth and income inequality between the richest 1% and the poorest 50% of Americans. The dramatic cuts in welfare, foreshadowed by Donald Trump and speaker Ryan, and already beginning to be implemented by the administration, will essentially shred crucial dimensions of a safety net that is already full of holes. It is against this background that my report is presented.

The United States is one of the world’s richest and most powerful and technologically innovative countries; but neither its wealth nor its power nor its technology is being harnessed to address the situation in which 40 million people continue to live in poverty.

By most indicators, the US is one of the world’s wealthiest countries. It spends more on national defense than China, Saudi Arabia, Russia, the United Kingdom, India, France and Japan combined.
US healthcare expenditures per capita are double the OECD average and much higher than in all other countries. But there are many fewer doctors and hospital beds per person than the OECD average.
US infant mortality rates in 2013 were the highest in the developed world.
Americans can expect to live shorter and sicker lives, compared to people living in any other rich democracy, and the “health gap” between the US and its peer countries continues to grow.
US inequality levels are far higher than those in most European countries
Neglected tropical diseases, including Zika, are increasingly common in the USA. It has been estimated that 12 million Americans live with a neglected parasitic infection. A 2017 report documents the prevalence of hookworm in Lowndes County, Alabama.
The US has the highest prevalence of obesity in the developed world.
In terms of access to water and sanitation the US ranks 36th in the world.
America has the highest incarceration rate in the world, ahead of Turkmenistan, El Salvador, Cuba, Thailand and the Russian Federation. Its rate is nearly five times the OECD average.
The youth poverty rate in the United States is the highest across the OECD with one quarter of youth living in poverty compared to less than 14% across the OECD.

People are poor because facebook/samsung/Verizon/at&t/comcast/tmobild

Are selling their metadata

Anyone notice how good Trump looked.
Pretty sure he lost some weight

USA has a degenerative brain. No hope

we didn't suddenly become a shit hole after trump was elected. we've been like this for decades now

The Stanford Center on Inequality and Poverty ranks the most well-off countries in terms of labor markets, poverty, safety net, wealth inequality, and economic mobility. The US comes in last of the top 10 most well-off countries, and 18th amongst the top 21.
In the OECD the US ranks 35th out of 37 in terms of poverty and inequality.
According to the World Income Inequality Database, the US has the highest Gini rate (measuring inequality) of all Western Countries
The Stanford Center on Poverty and Inequality characterizes the US as “a clear and constant outlier in the child poverty league”. US child poverty rates are the highest amongst the six richest countries – Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden and Norway.

Now imagine how shitty Israel is when most Israelis dream of a green card.

Burger health system is fucked, someone should fix it.
>America has the highest incarceration rate in the world, ahead of Turkmenistan, El Salvador, Cuba,
Tough to fix this when population is 15% African. Offer them early parole for vasectomies.

What is poverty? Its very hard to go hungry in america...like REALLY hard.This must be for city faggots who cant grow food or raise animals.Living really hasnt changed since ancient times.Food,shelter etc etc.Medical and taxes are a new problem,but if you knwo how to live off the land then you can be pretty well off.

These people who bitch about rising costs of apartments and other city shit should move into rural areas and vote to keep said areas farm like

What did they mean by this?

We need to stop giving handouts to Israel and other countries that right there would save is $50 billion

Cut DoD budget from $700 billion to $500, reinvest that $250 billion to infrastructure, build world class airports, build giant commieblocks to keep niggers and spics in California and New York.

Nah fuck that we gotta protect Israel and their interests.

How did Trump get the chicken from the KC bucket without knocking over all the food on top of him?

>We need to stop giving handouts to Israel and other countries that right there would save is $50 billion
Obungu who Bibi fought hard so he won't get reelected gave Israel the best hand out in history. ;DDdD

The best part about this image even though its edited to add a Jew, The Black family would have almost half a billion dollars, yet they're still unsatisfied.

I'm surprised you double niggers aren't the 51st state or that we haven't moved the capital of the US to Jerusalem as well.

>California
Spics
>Alabama
Niggers
>Georgia
Niggers
>Puerto Rico
Not even America
>West Virginia
Inbreds with literally no jobs to get
>Washington DC
Niggers

>>Washington DC
>Niggers
How didi DC end with so many Afro Africans?

Now imagine how poor the prospects of Israel, here most of the population are dunecoons, all the upper classes get foreign passports now asap.

They all wanted to be kangz, so they thought hanging around the kang long enough would give them a turn.

Lower lifeforms are attracted to power, you should know this.

>Lower lifeforms are attracted to power, you should know this.
I know this TOO WELL

I love bitching poorfags in the morning.

The wealth gap is merely settling towards the reality that well over 80% of you deserve to be purged generations ago.

Poorfags will NEVER get an inch.

the UN is gayer than you are

>Merger of:
>Gahal
>Herut
>Liberal Party
>Free Centre
>National List
>Movement for Greater Israel
I'm so sorry.

How are Americans even starving?

>have enough money to eat
>have enough money to rent an apartment
>have enough money to own a computer and internet
>have enough money to own cable tv
>this is called poverty in america.

heres a crazy thought: work harder.

Nobody gives a shit about the UN or its reports, kike.

Puerto Rico isn’t America. It’s a shithole, kind of like Israel. (Which wouldn’t exist without America’s funding anyway)

They're not. Obesity rates are the highest among the poor. It's stunning how these kikes can lie like this.

Im honestly getting tired of this. Yeah niggers and spics arent helping. But our tax structure is completely fucked it favors those that already have and makes it harder to come out on top.

> Make 1 million buy a 250 grand house and pay 1 grand a month in mortgage
Get 4400 back from the tax man
> Make 60k buy a house get a 100k house pay 100 a month for a mortgage
Only get 2700 back in taxes
> Poorfag that lives in shitty apartmemt for 900 a month for rent
You get no tax exemption

Also that person making 1 million will claim all his taxes in capital gains so he will only pay 15% in taxes.

You faggots on here are nothing but ceo and kike cock globblers. No where else in a developed country can a ceo make 4-500 times, the next runner up is the uk at 50 times.

I meant 1000 a month for the 60k same as the other one

It's not the tax structure that is depressing wages for the working class, it's competition from third world countries and the 30 million third worlders our politicians have flooded our country with. Supply of unskilled labor is at an all time high while demand is shrinking. Deport the spics and stop shitskin immigration.

>Living really hasn't changed since ancient times
Explain hunting licenses then, faggot.
The entire design purpose for them is to limit hunting wild game, and is treating hunting as if it were a sport, not a necessity. It's all regulated by the government in the name of conservation efforts to protect the wilderness from getting completely upended, but it still stifles us from feeding ourselves.

>You faggots on here are nothing but ceo and kike cock globblers. No where else in a developed country can a ceo make 4-500 times, the next runner up is the uk at 50 times.

This isn't something anybody needs to care about though... It's literally none of your business what the CEO of an investment bank makes.

It's not treated as a sport. The populations are managed so that they remain stable. The population of the US has double in the last 50 years. It's reasonable to put in some limits on game animals. There are no such limits on smaller animals or vegetable production.

> muh immigrants hurting the wages.

Thats part of it, theyre finding every way to cut corners to pay people.

The best method is to base wage off of company size, dont allow a ceo to make 550 times his workets wage. If he wants an extra million hes going to have to find a way to increase wages by 10 grand.

> muh free transaction, muh no governmemt intervention
The whole purpose of the idea of free market and capitalism is that its supposed to be economy maximizing. As in everyones standard of living goes up naturally. This isnt the case they are just profit maximizing, no one elses standard of living is going up and the middle class is going away.

> muh ceos are worth it and would move countries
Theres no other country that pays them nearly as much

They should be acting in the best interest of the stakeholders not the shareholders.

TLDR: the dumb stay poor

>They should be acting in the best interest of the stakeholders not the shareholders.

The business exists to serve its owners. They are the only ones who have the right to decide the purpose of a business.

> the rich person should get more money back than the average earner for doing the sane exact thing.
Really firing my neurons

You seem to not know farms very well homosex.On my families farm if the deer,which there are tons of,is eating their crops they can freely shoot them.Hence why I said growing and farming and the like.two deer can feed you for a year...maybe three depending on how you eat them.the Farm should be the main source of food though.Im not saying go completely primitive.If you grow and raise animals you should feed yourself 80 to 85% of the time.The store can be emergency or that last 15%

Explain why I should care about naturally occurring poverty?
What have you done to earn a paycheck?
If you happen to have no use to anyone and no one is interested to feed you, why should you live?

If you receive tax money because you can't sustain yourself independently, please promptly go bankrupt/starve to death/die of illness.
You are a burden to me and others and allowing the government to rob me and other people from their property with the use of force. KYS.

You really believe that a business can conduct anyway it sees fit and they have no moral obligation to the people it effects?

> Gunning down protestors is ok
> Child labor is ok
> 80 hour work weeks with no extra pay is ok

CEO pay is irrelevant in the context of income inequality. It's a wonderful talking point, but it's utterly silly. If CEO pay were in line with other countries, the net benefit to workers would only be a few hundred dollars a year. I agree with you that CEO pay is probably too high, but that is a matter for companies to settle. It's difficult to quantify the benefits of a good CEO and most boards prefer to overspend by a few million dollars rather than risk losing the billions in potential earnings a good CEO can bring in.

>The whole purpose of the idea of free market and capitalism is that its supposed to be economy maximizing. As in everyones standard of living goes up naturally.
The "point" of capitalism is to maximize utility, not to increase living standards. The role of government is to protect its citizens. The government has allowed our borders to be overrun, our manufacturing base to be offshored, and our economy to run off of inflationary spending.

When slavery was legal everybody had
a job
a home
healthcare
food
retirement security

So what's wrong with that?
As long as it's all consentual.

>Gunning down protestors is ok
Only in self-defense.

>Child labor is ok
We allow children to do some labor, be it gardening, paper route, and such.
If parents consent and allow it, then what is your business?

>80 hour work weeks with no extra pay is ok.
Then don't work 80 hours. Strike, get fired or work somewhere else.

I see no problem with child labor or 80 hour work weeks, both of these are necessary conditions for industrializing countries. As countries develop, they begin restricting this activity more, but in the beginning it is certainly necessary.

I don't know why you put "gunning down protesters" in there. I guess you ran out of examples?

>that picture
I disregarded your entire post shill. If you want to communicate a point, maybe have a picture that isn't obvious trolling.

saged

Even if you want to go the utility maximizing they arent even doing that. The more money people have at the bottom the more money that can be used to purchase more of tgeir product. These companies are working short term to get money now.

Then you have cases like monsanto where they create crops that only ladt one cycke so people have to keep rebuying seeds. Then they bully others out of the market.

They have a higher bargaining power they have no other choice. Thats a big reason why im big against immigration. It fractures people groups so they wont work together.

They did that in costa rica when they tried to form a union

>Then you have cases like monsanto where they create crops that only ladt one cycke so people have to keep rebuying seeds. Then they bully others out of the market.
I see no problem with this either. Monsanto spent billions of dollars developing a soy bean seed that is resistant to herbicides. If you prevent companies from making money on these products, the research will never be done.

>Even if you want to go the utility maximizing they arent even doing that. The more money people have at the bottom the more money that can be used to purchase more of tgeir product.

Businesses only seek to maximize their own utility. If a business were to pay more than market rates, it would have to increase prices of its products, which would put it at a competitive disadvantage. This market approach to labor rates maximizes labor utility.

Yeah, the UN is trustworthy guys.

>They have a higher bargaining power they have no other choice. Thats a big reason why im big against immigration. It fractures people groups so they wont work together.

As you point out, this is a broader problem with the society. If everyone in society is poor, they will have no bargaining power, and thus they will live bad lives.

The problem isn't the idea of consentual employment, the problem is that EVERYBODY IS POOR.

When everybody is poor in an area, people are going to live hard lives. This law your trying to think up to fix the problem doesn't solve it. It just creates other problems.

Nobody defends murdering peaceful protesters. It's disingenuous of you to suggest otherwise.

sage

> i see no problem in a company prevening people from utility maximizing even though this is my entire argument for defending captialism

Basically you are ok with corporations using their money to make the rules. But not ok with governments looking out for tgeir citizens.

My fix would help thise within the boarders. Plenty of otger countries in europe have similar things to what im suggesting and theyre doing fine.

So you do believe they have moral obligations. Where do those start and end?

>Puerto Rico

I'd love for governments to look out for their citizens. I simply don't think setting wage caps is the best way to go about it, nor do I think corporations are to blame for labor rates.

I think its a better system than the governmemt footing the bill. When you have minimum wage it hurts smaller businesses get in the market.

Then if you have welfare its given to the people in a way where they cant save up capital to invest in interest or people groups to further their interrests.

If you base wage off business size its a better sysytem for people to save and create more business. While letting smaller businesses use cheaper labor.

Ditto.

sage

>Plenty of otger countries in europe have similar things to what im suggesting and theyre doing fine.

They would be doing fine regardless. It's a matter of degrees.

Except they have less homeless and better wages.

I'm not sure how a government could effectively control wage rates based on a company's size, nor would such a ham-fisted approach be advisable. I agree that minimum wage laws cost jobs, but I don't think the antidote to that is to increase the government's power to control wages.

The business would still control wages. Its just those at the top are set at a cap unless they give everyone else a higher wage.

They're also more white and feel a sense of philia among their population. It's impossible to impose an effective welfare system on a mulatto cesspool like that United States where everyone is trying to fuck everyone else over.

Why would an artificial limit on compensation at the top help anyone else at the bottom. The net cost of overcompensation of CEOs is a mere rounding error for companies. Ending overcompensation isn't going to help the average worker. The only thing it will do is satisfy your own moral outrage.

Its to incentivize actually growing the company from bottom up.

Moral outrage isnt the right word. I find it inefficient on a grand scale. More money at the bottom grows the economy better than it all beimg funded to those that mostly save.

How many ppl died from hunger in the USA last year?

>More money at the bottom grows the economy better than it all beimg funded to those that mostly save.
That's actually not true. Saving and investing is what grows the economy, not consumption. But again, your concern is misplaced. CEO compensation gets alot of the media coverage, but as a total percentage of annual wages, the overcompensation is a rounding error. The flood of cheap immigrant labor and outsourcing of manufacturing should be of much greater concern.

>build giant commieblocks to keep niggers and spics in California and New York
Mass graves are cheaper and you don't have to worry about them slipping out and ruining respectable neighborhoods

Puerto Rico is a territory not a state. This starts off with a factual error. Are we really suppose to take this seriously?

Yep
Total bullshit
Let’s listen to the crying nigger minstrel show

I dont care about the actual ceo wage. Its simply a fix for them to have an interest in rising wages instead of only acting for the benifit of the shareholders.

You want a million raise? Find a way to pay your employees a wage of 26 grand instead of 16 grand.

1. Show me a graph that shows this isnt the case.
2. If they have to compensate more, it doesnt matter how saturated the job market is. They have to pay the same regardless so theyll hire john instead of juan.

Mup da bix nood mo’ money fo dem programs
Ayo fuck whitey gibs me dat

So as with most things in life the answer is: niggers (and to a lesser extent, Mexicans). If both those populations vanished overnight then those statistics would rapidly change to be more in line with western European nations.

>Except they have less homeless and better wages.

Yea, and there's a longterm cost to that inefficiency.

Whites are the majority of people in poverty. Capitalism has its faults and one of them is incredible income inequality.

>Its simply a fix for them to have an interest in rising wages
The only way to meaningfully do this is to actually manage the labor pool. Setting artificial wage restrictions has always been a disaster.
In all reality, wages have always been outpaced by returns on capital. Eventually, the middle class will disappear and we will return to the oligarchy thats ruled the world for most of our history.

Whites are only a majority of those in poverty because we are the majority of people (for now). Poverty rates for whites are substantially below rates for shitskins.

Thats bad use of statistics friend

Why were we able to do from the 30s-70s till lobbyists rolled back all the laws?

"Starving" is that they are not meeting recommended nutritional requirements, not being calorie deficient. That's because of shitty diet stemming from laziness to actually cook a healthy meal, not some shortage of food.

>wealth
>welfare
Pick one, jew-en

The only reason the modern middle class exists is because the World Wars and Great Depression effectively hit the reset button on capital distribution. We're slowly returning to the historical norm.
There will be a small managerial class, as there was before the War, but it will never be anything like the middle class of yore. If you're smart, you'll exploit this opportunity and accumulate capital for your posterity.

Forgot to include my graph.

Palestinians. You Jews have no ground to stand on when talking about poverty or hardship. Fuck off, you inbred mutt.

What is this proving?

I said prove the economy growth is better under few people having all the wealth. This is just distribution.

This is just showing capital distribution before and after the Wars and Great Depression. These events hit a reset button on capital distribution, but we're returning to a centuries-old norm.

Fucking kike

We had laws that was preventing from happening as fast. Why did we have to repeal them?

Its only a norm if you let them control policy.

a politically motivated report by the liberal establishment.

Ignored.

The temporary middle class created during this time was a side effect of America's position as the only untouched manufacturing base in the world. It had very little to do with "regulations." As other countries began to rebuild, we had to lower wages to compete. This started happening in the 1960s and really took off in the 1970s. This is why we did away with pensions, began flooding our country with shitskin labor, converted to the gold standard, and started looking to exploit Asian markets.

More like 40million leeches live in poverty fuck this UN. Maybe they should look at the 8billion we send the Jews every year and split that up and give to the 40million people? Make them insta millionaire
Nonono we can't do that we need to increase taxes, increase welfare, artificially increase wages, increase wages for females, provide free Healthcare, and free education. By doing this we will allow our children to be in the middle of the biggest economic boom in history! Right! Am I right?

Fuck that shit, give me lower taxes, lower regulations, lower pay, let me pay for Healthcare, and you know prices will lower for everyone and then everyone will be able to start a business to become rich or work for a wage that can easily pay your rent, food, mortgage etc.

>Jew
>U.N. global oligarch

Fuck off and mind your own business.

40 million people living in poverty by their own power of agency to make the choice to live off of the government teat rather than getting a job and bettering their station in life.

It's self-imposed. A product of apathetic complacency.

>it's obvious trolling to make fun of Trump

Boi you must be triggered all the damn day considering he's the biggest joke in the world right now.

Except working full-time in America doesn't mean you are living above the poverty line. Hell some people work more and are still poor.

>crunchy cheetos
IMPEACH