Why people not like isekai

its the most fun to read and most satisfying genre

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why you guys not like dryad's

There's a whole load of it and most of it is just dull selfinsert wankery that doesn't bring anything new or original to the genre.

Being picked from the "Let's become a novelist" site doesn't help the quality.

some of them are kinda shit but its still a pretty badass genere

>posting thumbnails
stop doing this you fucking retards

You just described 99% of all consumable media though.

Not that I disagree that most isekai is trash but so is the majority of everything.

Randy please

why you not like me daddy ????

Because if you've read one you've read them all. From one to the other, there's maybe a little tiny aspect that changes. In many of them the isekai part isn't even important at all, the authors just put it there so the reader (and mainly the author himself) can self-insert better. Why not just make a little tiny plot change and go full fantasy? And why always go middle-ages europe?

So, basically, it's not creative and doesn't get the mind going. Once you finish, you probably won't remember 90% of them after a while.

it getting oversaturated nowdays but still the best one I have read are still isekai

Only an author can self insert user.

>think isekai is the best
>posts a thumbnail
Perfect demonstration of the average isekai fanboy's intelligence.

I love sakamoto666, he is the cervantes of our time

I wouldn't go as far as one is enough but yeah, there's a lot of overlap.

I mean, how many times have you read the MC joining adventurer's guild and hearing the same description? Yeah.

>doesn't get the mind going
>reading light novels for this purpose

user...

It's not like I don't like it but the major issue I have a shitload of Isekai are :
- world work like a video game like Overlord and Konosuba (character have a character sheet or speak about level) even if I like those two
- self-insert wankfest (Re-Monster and that one with the evil rapist mage)

I like Gate because it's fun to see two world with two complete different view and tradition collide and you don't feel like the fantasy world is a video game.

There is nothing wrong with Isekai.

The problem with Isekai is that it is cut and paste wish-fulfillment power fantasies, and most of the worlds in Isekai are basically cut and paste worlds from Final Fantasy and Dragon quest, more specifically the medievil worlds.

Make Isekai about a game of thrones style backstabbing and politicking in a steampunk world and I would love it. The problem is that this wont sell in Japan.

Can somebody remind me the name of that isekai anime.
Boy ends up in fantasy world where every conflict is settled through sports.
I can't remember it at all.

>Satisfying.

You mean how there is barely any build up or stakes so payoffs to arcs and ongoing plots feel weak, fights are extremely predictable and are basically just waiting for the MC to be in a position to do something and then he just styles all over the opponent who actually never even stood a chance, villains end up being lame and stereotypical scum with weak motives, and instead of developing relationships or characters the author just throws in more girls who end up lusting for the MC?

Most isekai are like the opposite of satisfying when it comes to stories.

Dog days?

Still w8ing for s4 and have Eclair be a main character again.

>Dog days
Yes thank you

Does no one here read Otoge Isekai?

>Gets isekai'ed by truck-kun
>MC starts with a powerlevel of 8,000,001
>Stronget person in the world are around 1000

Chapters 1-10:
>EEEEEEEHHH MONSUTAA??
>EEEEEEEHHH BATTORU??
>EEEEEEEHHH REBERU APPU??
>EEEEEEEHHH SKIRRU POINTO??

Chapters 11-20:
>EEEEEEEHHH KUESTO??
>EEEEEEEHHH GIRUDO??
>EEEEEEEHHH PAATII MENBA??
>EEEEEEEHHH DANJIN??

Chapters 21-forever:
>EEEEEEEHHH DORAGON KINGU??
>EEEEEEEHHH DEBIRU PURINSU??
>EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH

Isekai is the purest form of writing, it bares all and reveals one's inner soul.

The question you should be asking is "why is isekai such garbage"?

isekai is fucking pointless. why not just make it pure fantasy

The only thing fun about isekai is the setting, which is more or less pre-made for people. Think of it like baking a cake with the core of the cake already complete, and all you have to do is add the toppings to make it perfect.

Then what most novelists end up doing is completely fucking up on the toppings of the cake and making a complete mess. The cake is still edible, but the presentation is completely unprofessional.

That is where you'll find the problem with most isekai novels. Common mistakes include giving the story no tension at all because either everything goes in the MC's favor, or because the MC themselves are too overpowered and have a solution for everything. They become wish fulfillment stories that show no evidence of pre-planning and feel more like the author is making shit up as he goes along and not giving his characters a challenge.

The primary thing that keeps the reader engaged is the setting alone, which many isekai authors did not have to go through the trouble of planning out at all.

Anyone ready the lazy swordmaster?
That little Nainiae is melting my heart.

Arent people getting tired of isekai litterally everything is thrown at mc face drama, xp, skill, shallow harem. Then mc just use his brain doing japan shit thinking. Ffs they even spend/earn enough money to crash local economy.
Well excuse me now i m gonna play some stupid fantasy eroge, same thing but more enjoyable since you already turn off brain when playing

>ESL thread with a thumbnail
Really makes you think, huh?

HA HA OH MY GOD EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE TO ARCHIVE THIS THREAD HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WE HAD PROFESSIONAL COMEDIANS ON FOUR CHAN

MY GOD

SERIOUSLY HOW DOES SOMEONE EVEN COME UP WITH THIS MATERIAL?

GOOD ONE MAN OH GOD CAN I USE THAT?

I'LL TELL PEOPLE WHERE I GOT IT FROM SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY; YOU WILL RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE JOKE

MAN

>Satisfying
Maybe if you've an unfulfilling life that's entirely your fault and haven't matured at all since you were 12

I find this shit absolutely infuriating

No that would straightforward Fantasy.

RPG mechanics in manga are retarded as hell, just go play a JRPG

Same. Hope it takes over anime completely.

>Currently reading 152 titles
>36 are isekai

Help me Sup Forums I can't stop eating garbage

don worry that means that at least a fifth of your tastes is garbage.

/tg/ does it better
1d4chan.org/wiki/Stranded_in_fantasy

Don't worry, there will be atleast 2 dozen more isekai coming out by next year.

Japanese language in general sounds retarded, it's not excluive for isekai.

I hate isekai but for some reason Overlord is one of my favorite anime of all time, I even read the LN despite hating LNs with the force of a thousand suns.

I don't know what's up with it that I just love I can watch that shit multiple times without getting tired. I've reread all volumes except 4 and 5 multiple times. There's something about it I love but I can't point my finger to what exactly.

What else do you expect from someone who was educated through Sup Forums?

For me it's all the sheer autistic attention to detail that goes into all the unnecessary world building

I think it's because author actually has some proper RPG experience.

Japanese is literally the language of misunderstandings.

Release that Witch is my favorite isekai atm, but I wish it wasn't so happy go lucky for the MC. If he actually failed and had shit blow up in his face at times it would be a lot better. Things go too easily for him or conveniently work out, and in another 300 chapters he becomes OP just like every other isekai MC.

Its horrible language, so much that the translations suffer too.

I cant for my life read visual novels because how poorly they are written. Im not talking about the plot but the general writing style and everything it entails

I cant put up with it

Because there is more to it than bone wanking isekai.

>EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE TO ARCHIVE THIS THREAD
It's like I'm really in 2008.

What is the name of that isekai that the mc lets himself get raped for a month to justify his revenge?

user. Hey, user...c'mere...a little closer...

His name is spelled "Gatsu."

They really stretch how much a mechanical engineer can do.
Dude remember shit that has nothing to do with his field of expertise and manages to pull off most of his inventions on the first try.

people are in general threatened by things that are perfect, it just seems completely unnatural compared to their perceptions of reality.

Are you reading good things or are they all garbage? Also have you read the good ones?

Good Isekai:
Mushoku Tensei
Lazy King
My Trans-Dimensional, Overpowered Protagonist, Harem Comedy is Wrong, as Expected.
Ore to Kawazu-san no Isekai Hourouki
Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban
Tondemo Skill de Isekai Hourou Meshi

AND NOTHING ELSE.

Why isekai is good:
>a truthfully interesting concept in theory
>fun way to completely flip turn upside down the original setting/characters by dumping them into the relative unknown
Why isekai is bad:
>ultimately unfulfilling, no sense of true progression, main character is always the special snowflake with a cheat ability or le modern japanese knowledge
>you could play bingo with the stereotypical tropes and even the so called good isekai will land most spaces
>"isekai" in itself might as well be a synonym for "overpowered author self-insert harem wankathalon"

What about all the isekai that aren't part of the current crap trend?

>Good Isekai:
>Mushoku Tensei

Into the trash your opinion goes.

I like to think that they're normalfags who's contented with their lives. I mean they don't understand the feeling of thinking that you're born on a different reality.

Isekai is for iintelligent human beings.

>Isekai
>Always medival magic fantasy
>MC have power that other people dont have
>MC loved by many girl
>japanese language is standard in isekai world that MC understand

>Vote to Archive

do newfags even know this system used to exist?

AND NOTHING ELSE.
The only old Isekai I've read is Those Who Hunt Elves, which isn't as good as the authors other works.

Mushoku Tensei has the best character ever created.

>not Release the Witch
>not Overlord
>not Dungeon Defense

Overlord has the overpowered MC problem.
Dungeon Defense is too edgy and everything immediately starts revolving around the MC.
Imma read Release the Witch now, but anything with 300+ chapters without resolution is shite.

Isekai is like tamplated that author lazy create world building

What's up with third title.
Searching as it is gives weird responses

Why not use our current world then?

Annoying Isekai for me is Isekai who use MMORPG/GAME system and the main character goes,
>"Oh my god, if i raised my Dex, my aiming will be more accurate. This is totally new information that others didn't even know"

When the author hyped the most pleb/common technique and somehow everyone in the setting didn't know how to use it... Sigh...

>Overlord has the overpowered MC problem
It's not really a problem when the story doesn't really focus on the fights and chooses to focus on the character interactions and the world reacting to MC instead.
The problem with overpowered MCs is that most author insists on focusing on the MC fighting different foes despite the fact that it's pretty clear that he is fucking invincible and thus all fights will be boring as shit.
>Dungeon Defense is too edgy and everything immediately starts revolving around the MC
I don't consider it over-the-top edgy. It's more darker than most stories and some characters are total edgelords but the story is engaging and the MC being smart is done right for once.
No idea what you mean about everything revolving around MC, so far he has forced himself into most situations in order to advance his plans.

I think the worsh is MC understand the isekai world because muh magic translation

As much as I agree, there's at least on isekai that proves you wrong on "they're all the same".

To think of it, Magic Knight Rayearth is technically Isekai.
And Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is technically multi world Isekai.

But possibly among my favorite "technically isekai" that i can remember know would be Magic world saga of Mahou Sensei Negima.

because it's become far too common and therefore obnoxious and uninspired desu senpai

>read a story written by a nipponese basement dweller
>expect a literary masterpiece

Because its LN and WN if we have actual novel maybe another story

>isekai anime popular = masterpiece

>speed reader

Everytime, isekai truly is pleb filter.

Old isekai were pretty good, like Dunbine and Escaflowne.

12 Kingdoms is still absolutely untouchable by modern isekai stories.

Dunbine is like old mecha genre that isekaied

>To think of it, Magic Knight Rayearth is technically Isekai.

Yes. Yes it is. The concept of traveling to another world as part of a story is older than dirt.

The problem with Isekai isn't that part. The problem is that more often than not there's no actual story. It's some bland asshole who gets a super power that lets him cheese wins and then turns into a harem where nothing happens for 20 volumes.

Shows like Rayearth, Escaflowne, El Hazard etc told actual stories. With beginnings middles and endings. The characters had to overcome obstacles and achieve a goal.

The problem with isekai is that the author writes down "MC-kun is a neet shut in who gets reincarnated into X world" and that's the end of his plan

Old isekai > modern isekai

He had an easy time because his third sister cause so much trouble that the church didn't realize what was going on in the west. It's a shame he will never get to meet her

When isekai is good now just trash

user can you list old isekai

Zero no tsukaima old or modern isekai.

>Old isekai

Hell, in slightly recent isekai, Isekai seikishi monogatari AKA Tenchi War on Geminar
We have overpowered mc with tons of girls fawning over him and still pretty damn fun to follow.

what went wrong with todays crop of isekai.

Zero no Tsukaima predates modern isekai and lacks most of the generic shit seen there.
That said, you could say Zero no Tsukaima being so popular was one of the reasons the isekai genre got so popular and eventually turned to shit.

You can't even really draw that line, since there's plenty of stuff that is still "new" that is fine like Isekai Seikishi Monogatari.

It's the last 5 years or so where the crap has multiplied. And even then, there are decent examples like Overlord, Log Horizon, Konosuba or Youjo Senki. Even manga like Shut Hell edge on the genre with entertaining results.

The real problem is that the necessary quality of entry for LNs is so low that even the worst bottom feeder shit eater LN authors can vomit out tripe in the genre and have success as offering a self insertion point for hopeless losers will always be popular.

Any field, any genre of anything if you combine a highly profitable, nearly foolproof formula with an extremely low skill floor to get on it you'll have an endless wave of talentless hacks looking to cash in. That's just a fact of life.

Nips have shit taste and will eat the same formula over and over again and nip authors care more about rollin in dosh than writing actually good stories so they tend to write the generic shit that they know will sell rather than risk doing something original.

>he cant figure out shit from google
Shoo.

Well I gave you a couple already and people have already mentioned others.

Essentially the best advice I can give is to avoid anime based on Light Novels because they never have any intention of telling a real story

Zero no tsukaima is the slightly recent, pre-modern isekai.

Technically it is in the same era with Tenchi war on geminar/isekai seikishi monogatari,

I do, though I came here in late 2012, when chanarchive's death was still fresh, so maybe I'm not newfag enough in this context. I feel like it's mentioned in enough old screenshots and stuff that you shouldn't be ignorant of it after a few years here (assuming you're actually lurking).

It doesn't help that the only thing most Japanese know of fantasy is fucking Dragon Quest.

Honestly an Isekai needs either a great idea, great world-building, or great plot progression. Having 2 out of the three is enough to keep me engaged.