I can get why some Republicans are running for the hills, but Trey Gowdy? This guy was a hopeful attorney general

I can get why some Republicans are running for the hills, but Trey Gowdy? This guy was a hopeful attorney general...

Where are they going? Why?

Trey is going to become a judge or prosecutor.
He's leaving politics for justice. Pay attention.

Honest politicians don’t make much money in government jobs. They tend to do it out of a sense of service.

Probably has a federal judicial appointment in the hopper.

Hes a fucking textbook conservacuck neocon

jesus what the fuck is wrong with Sup Forums

In case you haven’t noticed, muellers investigation is wrapping up. He’s got some damned good dirt on trump and Russia collision, and you can bet pennies to peanuts that every republican and their mother has some level of culpability in the matter. They’re trying to get out while they can but it’s not going to do a lick of good in the end, these people are traitors through and through.

He's going to be a witness for Mueller.

This.

They're getting on a lifeboat before the Blue Tsunami kills these motherfuckers

Supreme Court Justice Gowdy. That's going to be a good day.

>Serving under Trump
>Ability to maintain your facade of morality
He cracked - so long.. Republicans are finished, and now, a literal trainwreck

This. I'm hoping he caught wind of a Supreme Court seat to open in the near future. His not running for re-election makes a LOT of sense. If he held his position and then left it for the Supreme Court, there would be one of those special state elections again, and we'd have another Louisiana situation with the entire country stomping down on one state to force a Dem in.

The entire GOP is funded and controlled by Russia trying to stop the Democrats from bringing back the Soviet Union. It’s a bit of an outrage.

Gowdy's case is he's likely returning to law.

In most of the other cases these guys were in districts that went for Clinton, barely Trump or whither under constant attack. Many also were at the end of their tenures on committee as well.

Not good news for us, but polls tightening is. We have to have candidates though.

no they are leaving because they were implicated in the sexual harassment funds list with other democrats holy shit do you have the memory of a goldfish ?

This guy is all bark, no bite.
Fuck him.

Please release the memo.
Then Mueller can add to the obsruction/sedition indictments:
Goodlatte
Gowdy
Nunes
Gaetz
Ryan
Jordan

Foxnews just said he turned one down

Steam release valve.

The is an open US Attorney seat in SC, and an opening on the 4th Circuit.

Gowdy has made it plain for years he did not enjoy living in DC/the Beltway game. I think also understands the correct idea of public service, i.e., professionals leave their work, serve the country for a period of time, and then return, not spend 40 years with your hog at the gubmint trough. Without term limits, the latter will continue to dominate our electoral system.

Personally, I'd love to see Sessions shown the door and Gowdy take over AG.

Yeah this is true unfortunately. Guy absolutely wrecks the shit out of people verbally and is totally toothless when it comes to pushing paperwork and putting asses in cells.

You shitlibs are stuck on Fantasy Island.

Supreme Court

Keep in mind, there are a couple of libs Supreme court justices who are sick as fuck and there is about to be a large number of openings in the FBI and DoJ.

>AG

Oh fuck yeah! I'll take that.

>(((republicans)))

One of theirs could use some pillow therapy.

LOL

It's payback time!

He's leaving politics to return to the Justice system. Watch him get appointed to some high level role at the DOJ.