Dragon Ball should not have continued past the buu saga. Prove me wrong

Dragon Ball should not have continued past the buu saga. Prove me wrong.
You can't.

Dragon Ball should not have continued past the Namek saga.

fpbp

Do you say this because super saiyan shit was brought in afterwards, making literally every other character besides a saiyan useless as fuck? If so, you might be onto something and might have to retract my statement in the OP.

Yes and also because the Android and especially the Buu saga had a lot of asspulls. I still do relatively enjoy the Android saga because it had some great moments.

Well, I like that DBO got made because it gave us Buu-girls.

I also like some minor things about GT and Super, even though both are trash.

I don't know, I don't particularly care than new stuff got made, I can easily ignore it despite all the fanboys squealing about how Super is canon.

But that is where it ended. Everything else is non-canon.

But I like ssj3 goku

The Namek saga is objectively the least interesting. The stakes are pretty high but it doesn't happen on earth and it's just fights after fights.
The buu saga is objectively the best because what makes dragon ball is how the world actually advances, and the characters in the world have lives that don't just revolve around the plot. Dragon ball takes place over 30+ fucking years and the buu saga is where you get to watch it all unfold, everyone at their strongest with the stakes being at a maximum and the powers being awesome and all over the place. The Uub ending is the ultimate ending because of the fact it shows how the adventures of Goku will never end because that is his personality and even at times of peace he will seek adventure.
GT's last 20 episodes are okay but the ending is not as good as the Z world peace saga.
Super is boring because it happens in a limbo of peace with no stakes.

It's not that the absolute quality of Dragon Ball went down over time, but rather that the ratio of good ideas to bad ideas decreased. There are moments in the Buu saga I like as much as moments from early Dragon Ball, but there are a lot fewer of them. Vegetas death, Vegito, Gohans fight with Buu, I loved all of those. But the shitty execution of the main story made it harder to enjoy, I actually dropped it back when Gohan was defeated by Buu when I first watched the series, I didn't pick it up again for a few years.

>but it doesn't happen on earth
Shit fucking taste dude, that's what makes it great.

Dragon ball has never been about fantastic writing or story telling. It never had either one, so there was no loss in stretching it onward as, I, and the majority of people derive entertainment from watching it past the buu saga.

owned noob lol

It's not really it being earth, as it is Namek being boring. GT had some cool planets.

Dragonball should've ended after Dragonball. Z and everything after that was a mistake

/thread

you're right, I can't prove you wrong, because an opinion is not truth-apt. this thread can safely 404 now.

>The buu saga is objectively the best

It thematically fits as the proper end
GokuĀ“s adventures finally take him to space and he avenges his father, discovers the origins of his race and he becomes the one and only legendary super saiyan.
The end.

Its perfect.

Dragon ball should have expanded on fusions after they introduced them, until it was like a fusion bargain sale

I really wish that goten and trunks could only go ssj when fused.
The editor forcing him to make them kid SSJs should have been fired.
That editor might have also been the one who forced him to make Vegeta the one go Maijan rather then Piccolo.

Dragon Ball should've ended after Gohan defeated Cell.

The moment Trunks "lol im from da future guyz" appear you can just tell
You can fucking tell the show was supposed to end when freeza dies on namek

Or they could've saved the Goten SSJ for when Buu killed Chi Chi or something. As it happened that whole thing played out pretty weird

Didn't Toriyama himself say that he was supposed to end it after Frieza?