ITT: We remember the early-to-mid 2000s

Does anyone else remember the absolute hatred, vitriol and widespread loathing that the media and entertainers had for 2000-era Bush and the GOP? Are there other people that are here BECAUSE of the insane amount of propoganda that was produced during that time period? Was anyone else shaped by the experience of living through that time? Allow me to refresh your memory:

>Literally every single movie, TV show, cartoon, documentary, play, book, comic, magazine, newspaper CONSTANTLY railed with an anti-war, anti-bush, anti-religious message
>You could not watch a windex commercial without a "bring our boys home" message being shoehorned in
>Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had completely unchecked power, no one questioned them, they utterly poisoned an entire generation with Goebbel's-like fanaticism
>writer's strike coincided with peak bush-hatred, so a bunch of hack writers relied heavily on low hanging anti-bush/war/religion fruit since they didn't know how to write
>every single journalist was CONVINCED they would be the next watergate whistleblower, or that they were some Vietnam era war correspondent trying to take down the Nixon/bush administration
>people were goon absolutely insane over climate change

I will never, ever forget what's life was like back then. Every single show. Every single piece of media. Everything was controlled by the DNC. Way more than it is now. You might think hints are bad now, but nothing will compare to 2004-2008. There was no Sup Forums, no Breitbart, no Trump. I was, and still am the only person I know who ever defended bush, republicans, the Iraq war, and conservatism on a whole during that time. It was a complete 1000 to 1 ratio against you at all times. This experience of being a constant, complete, utter underdog for nearly a decade shaped me up into who I am today.

Did any one else have this experience? I feel like peoplefprget about this incredibly tragic period of time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rsuA22V_zpw
townhall.com/columnists/charleskrauthammer/2003/12/05/bush-derangement-syndrome-n940041
beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016
docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0
thejidf.org
thejidf.org/2008/10/about-jidf.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force
youtube.com/watch?v=7dGJDJoeAok
youtube.com/watch?v=KCl_--E3T2c
youtube.com/watch?v=VqC0Lzp-5lo
youtube.com/watch?v=cUY5I1QOC4g
youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8wfEBAz60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You'd think it was tragic because of the bullshit war, torture, spying etc. But it was Colbert who traumatized you? Americans are weird.

>torture
>bullshit war

Right here. This right here. Perfect example of someone who was completely propagandized to the point of no return. You ate this bullshit up with such fervor that even now, years later, you still unironically believe it. This is how powerful the DNC's grip was on the media and culture at that time. Many people who are pro-Trump are somehow anti-Bush and anti-war.

Torture was necessary and justified, you worthless pussy. Same goes for the war- additionally, even if you disagreed with the war, once it was started, pulling out AND GIVING A PUBLICLY AVAILABLE TIME TABLE ON DOING SO was the most retarded thing anyone could have done, and it led to LOTS of torture, rape, and genoicde at the hands of ISIS due to the power vacuum that was created.

You need to rethink your life, yuropoor

George Bush is a war criminal and lefties are pathetic cucks for going along with the current PR image fixing meme where we look back on his le goofy antics with nostalgia and how he was so much more presidential than Trump ect.

its you who was jewed defending your israeli wars
stop projecting

I Have a Plan to Destroy America speech given in 2003 by a Liberal Democrat Governor.

youtu.be/rsuA22V_zpw

yo dawg, are those JNCOs? rad, dude.

Since Trump's presidential election... George W is well liked among the media, now!!. Looking back, there was not much difference between W and OBarry.

>Same goes for the war- additionally, even if you disagreed with the war, once it was started, pulling out AND GIVING A PUBLICLY AVAILABLE TIME TABLE ON DOING SO

You know that Bush is responsible for that, right? You remind me of those people in my country who still defend the communists.

BUSH DERANGEMENT SYNDROME

townhall.com/columnists/charleskrauthammer/2003/12/05/bush-derangement-syndrome-n940041

That's what war is, faggot. Get used to it.

While the war in Iraq was a huge fucking blunder, I do remember the constant attacks hurled at the right nonstop.

And of course, the attacks stopped even when King Nigger was blowing up children and weddings and being proven as an administration that uses the NSA to indiscriminately spy on Americans. Despite this, faggots like Colbert still managed to shit on conservatives for 8 years while the sitting president told right wingers to just shut up and accept every bullshit, idiotic and unconstitutional move he made.

2003-present is a case study of media bias. And people pretend it isn't there, it's like talking to a fucking wall.

The hatred was nothing on the level of Trump.
Compared to Trump, Bush had his dick sucked every day live on TV

Torture is and has always been since thousands of years ago a scam to force innocent people to confess to whatever made up bullshit the torturers want them to (which is why the """"best""" CIA """interrogation""" techniques are things like sleep deprivation and sensory deprivation, things that make you lose touch with reality, a state you wouldn't want someone in to gain the actual truth from them) which is usually horseshit to justify them keeping getting paid by the state and brainlets like you think it's like an episode of 24 where you just beat up the baddy to tell you where the ticking time bomb is.

Yes, I remember that time. But they had a good reason to hate on Bush desu. The Iraq War was a HUGE mistake, the Patriot Act was also something that took away our freedoms. Plus we had revelations that there were torturing going on by US soldiers in the middle east and all other kinds of heinous shit.

If I met a lefty who said they hated Bush, I can relate to them in some level. When a lefty says they hate Trump though, it feels like a joke because Trump hasn't done shit compared to Bush. What, he wants to strengthen the border and deport illegals? That's a bad thing? Give me a fucking break.

It's really strange though how leftys LOVE Bush nowadays. Anybody notice that? I remember the pure hatred they had for Bush back in the days and now they're like "well he wasn't THAT bad." I'm just in pure shock.

"YOUR EITHER WITH US, OR YOUR A TERRORIST" GWB, POST 9/11 (never forget global war on terror and in Mideast totally based on a kike lie)

Fuck off retard
The media was shilling hardcore for the deep state for entire of Bush's presidency

But Bush was shit, you can't deny it. He started the wars in the middle east, introduced the 'patriot' act, and probably did 9/11.

>war criminal

And something else, Brits were by FAR the worst offenders when it came to whining about the war. V for Vendetta was literally one big sob story against bill o'reily and bush. British people lost their fucking minds during go war, literally every one of them was going insane about how it was "evil and criminal" . Fucking worthless pussies, you were only matched (barely) by the French.

obama is an even bigger war criminal than bush

Wazzzzup let's go drink some Zema and listen to Limp Bizket my nizzle

>Did any one else have this experience? I feel like peoplefprget about this incredibly tragic period of time.

Bush deserved every bit of it. Bush did 911 What struck me is the exhilaration of the left over Obama, who did nothing but advance the Bush doctrine, who himself just advanced the clinton doctrine.

Remember, the last president that wasn't an (((nwo))) satanist (aside from Reagan, who was shot, allowing bush sr. to take over the white house) was gerald ford.

What's fucked up is that even "left-wing" outlets have started shilling hardcore for deep state apparatuses. The only opposition now is the anti-establishment right

I remember the walkouts in high school because of the Iraq War and having to listen to annoying liberals complain about him in my AP Gov class.

But even that is nothing compared to the relentless, coordinated media campaign against Trump.

Bush started the war, use did not prematurely end it to get elected, causing the creation of ISIS and leading to the fall of several regimes in the region. If McCain had won (even though he's an annoying prick now), the same vacuum wouldn't have been created. Once you start a war, you need to finish. You and all the other faux-altruistic retards ended up causing an infinite amount more death, rape and destruction because you virtue signaled yourself into a stupor with family guy and Jon Stewart, and demanded that we pull out of Iraq the second kind nigger was elected

>Right here. This right here

you're a blue pilled idiot. Dubya did 911 and here you are defending him because he was a fake conservative. kys

No one can see a pattern of "Criminals In chief" dating back to Daddy sr?

>Looking back, there was not much difference between W and OBarry.

The only difference is that everything bush started doing, barry did 100X worse- and the left loved him for it.

In my life, I've watched the public completely switch stances on evil shit based entirely on the party of the president engaging in evil shit.

>Torture was necessary and justified, you worthless pussy. Same goes for the war
BASED NEOCONS
Looks like Kristol was /ourguy/ the whole time

Fucking worthless Brit. You were so indoctrinated that even post-Brexit, you are incapable of immunizing yourself against obvious liberal bullshit

Oh and by the way, the hate Bush got is NOTHING compared to Trump.

Yes, the hate Bush got was pretty bad and all, nobody is denying that. But he never got 24/7 coverage on every lefty news channel and they didn't try to paint every little thing he did as some sort of scandal.

Alot of the hate was also pointed towards his administration rather than Bush himself. Like Dick Cheney and others in his cabinet.

theyve been ramping up now things that would get a president impeached or jailed in the 70s are common practice

Contrary to popular belief, it is common to hate GWB's administration while supporting Trumps. The fact is GWB had an administration that was full of lies and fucked up military ops, and even more odd is that most don't see that the Obama presidency was pretty much a rough extension of the goals set forth by that administration. We've had, at minimum, 16 years if establishment control and Trump is the first president that is breaking that trend.

Did you read my post? Bush was the one who negotiated the withdrawal timetable.

Fpbp

freedom fries

>If McCain had won (even though he's an annoying prick now), the same vacuum wouldn't have been created.

you're a fucking dumbass rino that's hopped on the trump train but you're just as stupid and dangerous as rino's ever were. fuckin die

It's pretty obvious why, Bush wasn't a threat to the intelligence agencies. In fact he expanded their powers massively.

>Yes, the hate Bush got was pretty bad and all, nobody is denying that. But he never got 24/7 coverage on every news channel

That's because Dubya, while a figurehead and an idiot, never spewed vitriol into the internet or baited the news media for sweet, sweet airtime.

>Insulting the person and not the argument.
Step your game up shill.

They can blame Trump all they want but this has been brewing since the Bush days. Obama threw gasoline on the fire. Now here we are.

Well, Bush was fucking terrible, a complete globalist shill, and lied all the time. Fucking hated that guy.

A thing I remember is the concept of "rage overload". GWB triggered liberals so consistently for so long, that some liberals lost the will to care.
I have faith this rage overload will happen again.

At the beginning and the end of every single msm newscast was a soldier dearth count ... every fucking time...
I stopped watching the news because the insane hatred and idiocy was so obvious
The second asshole liar kenyaboy fraud got in it never happened again

>2003

Sure, that was the pattern, Bush did something during his administration, like increase our deficit or have questionable wars...and then under Obama, he did the same things Bush did, only on steroids.

You want a summary of the 2000s?

BUSH DINDU NUFFIN

that's pretty much all u hear from these fucking GOP establishment shills

Worst president in American history. Until Trump

this, dubya was a hardcore neocon (((globalist))) shill.

This is actually false. Believe it or not, post-Obama the media and internet became incredibly fractured, allowing for multiple, smaller streams of information and media. It used to be all one. It was just what you saw on tv and read in newspapers. The DNC got hold of it, and there was a 100% anti-republican message running 24/7. The media now has a much less tighter grip on the overall narrative, and they've been spun off into an irrelevant shrill echo chamber that is now only getting exposure among its already radically loyal base. They attempted to do what they did during the bush years during Trump's campaign. This is why it s shook them so bad. The formula they used to use, the power they used to have - it is no longer working. In many ways the DNC is a victim pro it's own success in the bush years, becuase they didn't adapt and are now outdated, complacent and behind the curve

so is trump

>t. gaslighting kike

The CTR/Shareblue Shills and Payments:

beta.fec.gov/data/disbursements/?two_year_transaction_period=2016&disbursement_purpose_categories=other&committee_id=C00578997&min_date=01-01-2015&max_date=10-05-2016

docquery.fec.gov/pdf/318/201607159020655318/201607159020655318.pdf#navpanes=0

thejidf.org

thejidf.org/2008/10/about-jidf.html

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Internet_Defense_Force

youtube.com/watch?v=7dGJDJoeAok

The rest of the world having only 7% more anti-war sources doesn't prove shit. So much for superior European education.

And we're not even discussing news here. This is overall media. Pop media, movies, television shows, commercials, music, etc. That shit was near universally anti-Republican. And all that anti-war, anti-torture, anti-spy bullshit was abandoned the moment President Obama took office. Fuck right off, you dumb bitch.

They were fucking Neocons and went with the Jewish Isreal war all for fucking oil. We died for Isreal not even for our own country.

This!

I wasn’t very political at the time, but looking back, the Bush years were some of the worst in recent memory. Sure the “liberal” media shit on him constantly, but the same media (in conjunction with the State Department) lied through their teeth about Saddam and his WMDs as justification for putting us in Iraq War 2. This set us on the path of renewed regime change in the Middle East that continues today. Liberals were right to rail against the administration about these illegal wars. Unfortunately that stopped the moment Kang Obama was elected. Suddenly the Patriot Act, detaining US citizens for no reason, and raining death from the skies was cool again. Add a couple more wars and the continuation of arming young rebel groups that will turn on us and we’re all gravy. The Trump haters today can’t even criticize him on the war front without being hypocrites. But at least Obama said he wanted to close Gitmo.

>Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert had completely unchecked power
To do what? Make fun of the Republican government? On a basic cable show?
Wowee, so much power.

Remember when Conservatives tried to make their own Daily Show with hookers and blackjack? Now that was some awful shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=KCl_--E3T2c

the bush worship was as insane as the bush hate.

I've always been red-pilled. i was looking at you assholes from the outside. The hate was a wsham, just wwe for the masses. congress, senate, and the media all pushed bush policies while complaining about bush, and the asshole neocons were the primary forces in working to absolve bush from wrongdoing when he crashed planes into the trade centers,

you were all mindless fucking idiots and the fact that you haven't come to terms with that, that you're still trying to justify your own monumental partisan stupidity tells me you're just an asshole due to genetic predisposition

Yep. They almost had their way with Iran as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=VqC0Lzp-5lo

>patriot act took away our freedoms

Let me guess, you voted for trump right? You realize you are 100% beholden to the media's narrative, right? I'm glad you see wh light now, somewhat, but it is still freightening how people are STILL to his very day clinging to lies from the DNC.

The patriot act didn't take your fucking rights away, despite what Jon Stewart told you, you fucking moron. If Trump came down with be Patriot act today, we would recognize it for what it is, a necessary tool to BTFO mudslimes

Neocons just suck the Jewish cock and have zero chsrisma, they sold us out years ago. Fuck them.

I agree with you that alternative news sites weren't as developed. However, the vitriol was not as bad as now. Furthermore, it only started in about the last 2 years of his presidency. With Trump it literally started before he even got inaugurated, he had no honeymoon period to begin with.

dat cringe

man i forgot ann coulter was a total shill for bush

chris rock asked if she was fucking dubya

youtube.com/watch?v=cUY5I1QOC4g

it's amazing how fast the GOP "rebranded" themselves after bush

they'll have to do the same after trump

exactly
spying on citizens also got out of hand pretty quickly
i hope trump at least doesnt ramp it up

>the Patriot Act totally didn't take away our freedoms
oy vey

No you fuck you neocon apologist.
Bush was never based, neocons destroyed our country and it's a fucking miracle Trump got elected to fix their mistakes.

you're dumber than the shills.

The modern left is guilty of everything they accused the right of during the Bush era.

amen brother. this guy is an asshole

Fuck you crypto-bernie bro

George W. was a shitty president, user. I'd never defend that retarded faggot.

W was a legit evil piece of shit who fucked our country up.

We could've fixed our infrastructure coast to coast (while adding jobs) and provided greatly-subsidized college for citizens. There would still have been money left over for bigger middle-class tax cuts.

W turned a blind eye to illegal immigration, which IMO is treasonous to conservatives as it works to replace us AND because we know dems support the illegals so it MUST be fixed by republicans.

The media is garbage, but they were telling the truth when they said that Bush's #1 goal was starting a war with Iraq.

Satanic piece of shit

this guys tone deaf shilling for rino's makes me wonder if the gop hired ctr to do pr for them to try to sway trump voters into accepting gop globalism

Don't forget all the illegals are here because Bush didn't do his fucking job. Neocons lied to the right about enforcing immigration law for decades.

tits or gtfo. on second thought, just gtfo

don't forget the $6 trillion he spent on iraq that ur still paying for

Dude, the war was one of the biggest mistakes in USA history.

You are an absolute cucked faggot if you defended the Iraq war.

The US pulled out of Iraq because the country and the UN would no longer protect the US from war crimes you double nigger. There was no choice. Now Iraq is more fucked than ever, not because we didn’t install some shit government most of the people don’t want, but because we destabilized a volatile area.

Yes, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert were by FAR the most common news source for 18-24 year olds, the same retards who voted Obama in. How can you be so retarded? Leibowitz and Colbert had a huge, huge impact on getting the narrative turned against the GOP and getting Obama elected. I'm glad you are likely a trump supporter now, but the fact that you're such an unbelievable retard makes me scaredfor the future. As soon as the DNC figure out how to control the narrative again, idiots like you will start voting blue in droves

he is a shill

I remember rapidly falling wages in 2005 in the housing industry while it was at its peak because the gates were thrown so wide open to illegals

I'm aware of it now.

GWB wasn't a good Pres but the propaganda machine made him worse than he was.

No here's the real secret
It was a huge fucking nothingburger

The lead actress rallying behind the anti-war message and then embracing candidate Obama was very typical. Eye opening, but typical.

Just thinking about when people were calling Bush, McCain, and Romney mean racist Hitler man makes me laugh now. I wish Trump was the menace they made him out to be.

Or it could be that they forced us into a war, that we did not need to fight, during a depression further fucking our debt.

the fox news propaganda machine propped him up

he would have easily been impeached otherwise

>he is a shill
yep. we had democrat shills and now we have GOP shills. apparently the gop realized they can't fight trump and they're hoping we've forgotten what utterly insufferable cunts they really are

>There was no choice. Now Iraq is more fucked than ever, not because we didn’t install some shit government most of the people don’t want, but because we destabilized a volatile area.

Iraq is actually doing alright now. ISIS is done for in Iraq and is nearly done for in Syria. You should visit the Syria general some time because you seem to believe it's still 2014 - 2015.

The only mistake about the war was not going in as conquerors.

Iraq and Afghanistan should've been literally taken over and turned into States. Antthing else was a waste of time.

>GWB wasn't a good Pres but the propaganda machine made him worse than he was.

. . .while they supported all of his policies. that's the thing- the outrage on the left was completely fake. it was theater

no it wasnt. not specifically anyways. american imperialism has been fucking us over since the banana wars. the biggest mistake this country ever made was probably the 1913 legalization of the fed, and then the ending of the gold standard in 1971.

the petrodollar needed something. war was on the table. this has been an easy "solution" ever since the carnegie institute figured out they can start wars for fun and caused world war 1

American fries. Very 1970s. I like the sentiment.

>Everything was controlled by the DNC. Way more than it is now
Wrong. The Dubya era was my first presidential administration I lived through as an adult. While the media was indeed frothing at the mouth about their hatred for Dubya, they have taken it to a new level with Trump. Which is ironic, because a lot of the shit that they were saying during Dubya's years, Trump was in agreement with them (War was started on flimsy premises, should have never been in there to begin with, etc.) and had gone on record many times during Bush's terms to express his views. Bush was indeed a shithead, but there were a slew of democratic and liberal mishaps during his reign that were totally glanced over or outright ignored because of the media's absolute disdain for Bush (The housing market crash was a direct result of democratic policies, John Edwards affair, etc.)

The Left was rabid with Bush. They have completely lost their minds with Trump. The only saving grace through all of this is the fact that the media is so blatantly biased that many Americans see it for what it truly is--unfettered and unapologetic propaganda.

Pure coincidence Bush is not a (((pedofiend))) facilitator and he most definitely not a Satanus

and while the war in the middle east has been influenced more in part by corruption and profit, the fact remains that islam is an extreme danger to the west

found the kike

The war against Pakistan was 100% justified.
Iraq was not.

Tbh the obama lawlesness was prefigured by the bush admin, but what people really HAVE forgotten is that Obama was elected in large part because he implied he would enforce the rule of law against the previous administration, AKA cheney in handcuffs.
That was the first major deception of the public Obama perpetrated.

It seems that promising to bring your predecessors to justice as a campaign pitch and letting the issue slide after the election is becoming a trend in post 9/11 America....

Bush is the best thing USA will ever get

>he would have easily been impeached otherwise
there's no way he would have been impeached. you fell for the spectacle. the dems in government were 100% behind bush, they just couldn't let their voterbase know that.

it was WWE- the dems and reps increasing partisan bitterness was just a game to divide the population so that we could be conquered. They were all on the same team. The only difference is that the fringe lefties at that point were still opposed to the democrats. They weren't brought into the fold until the progressives managed to switch their ideology from anti-capital to anti-white

>That was the first major deception of the public Obama perpetrated.
i thought it was not closing tanamo. now that it's still open i wonder if trump is going to dump the nigger there

>Pakistan

youtube.com/watch?v=Ly8wfEBAz60

doesn't come close to how badly right wing retards lost their shit when Obama was president

they started making up whole new unemployment rates because their feelings got triggered so hard

>tan suit
>dijon mustard

At least Democrats were pissed at Bush for actually crashing the economy and lying the country into a war