What is the point in living, or anything for that matter...

What is the point in living, or anything for that matter, if there is no God and therefore death (complete non-existence) is inevitable?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5339341/Record-number-condoms-years-Winter-Olympics.html
archive.is/GHQQz
thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/dr-jordan-peterson-gateway-drug-christianity-just-highbrow-joel-osteen/
archive.is/ozS5q
truthism.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if there is not intrinsically a point for life, then we are arbitrarily free to create the point ourselves, and since there is no superior force to deny it, that point will be the only and true one.

I live to feel the maximum possible pleasure.

>I live to feel the maximum possible pleasure.
That's revolting.

You're the reason there is so much suffering in the world

hedonism is degenerate

I think of this everyday desu. However, being young and ostracized by society, i assume my nihilism is due in part to sentiments arising as a consequence of that. Still, i don't see why i shouldn't kill myself other than the fact that i see myself ultimately as valuable ( many impressive skills) and worth keeping alive. Drugs too. Drugs music and film keep me going. This is the importance of valuable arts

The point of living is to destroy the Jews and bring about peace to the world.

TFW a nihilist gets a wave of revulsion from your hedonism

>Mexican Intellectuals but unironically

well, we are here - and apparently we have consciousness - so anything can happen.

You sound like a virgin

I lie to myself that theres a point.

>if there is not intrinsically a point for life, then we are arbitrarily free to create the point ourselves, and since there is no superior force to deny it, that point will be the only and true one.
And I agree with you argument. I reached that conclusion a while ago and tried to live by it, but it isn't satisfactory to me. The void hasn't been filled, only grown wider.

> i think god is a man-like figure in the sky
Oh it's that thread again.

HEDONISTS WILL BE PURGED

oh great, we get to come up with it ourselves!
i need some help here, does anyone happen to know what the point of my life should be?

Certainly not dwelling on a Guatemalan bobsleigh practice board if you are not paid to do so.

just here for the maymays

Embrace the Faustian Spirit deep within your soul anons! The light is always there as a dim glow waiting to be set ablaze

>The Faustian urge in our race-soul says to us: “Thou shalt not rest or be content, no matter what thy accomplishments. Thou must strive all the days of thy life. Thou must discover all things, know all things, master all things.”

>European man’s Faustian urge is quite different from the urge in the Levantine soul to accumulate, to possess, the craving to pile up money beyond all reason, the lust for personal aggrandizement. And it is, of course, antithetical to what might be called the mañana spirit of the Latin peoples, which says to them: “Enjoy life. Don’t hurry. You don’t need to know what lies beyond the next ridge.”

>It is the source of both our basic restlessness as a race and our basic inquisitiveness. It is what makes adventurers of us, drives us to risk our lives in ventures which can bring us no conceivable material benefit—something which is totally foreign to other races, accustomed to judging everything according to its utility only.

Go to r9k faggot.

Talk about completely missing the point of Faust...

Doesn't sound fulfilling to me. What's the point if I'm going to be dead in the end and anything I've accomplished will be dust?

guy in pic is probably a trans by now

I'm not a virgin and I've got a loving gf.

We sold our soul to master everything. Is that not it? Give me your insight kraut

I think it is your selfish individualistic thinking that makes you nihilistic. We are members of a super-organism. The greatest super-organism to ever exist, called Western Culture. I find inspiration being a part of something great and feel a duty to be the best I can for my people. To wake up the dormant spirit within them, to gas the kikes that have subverted us and parasite us. Plus I have an unquenchable desire to learn everything. My death doesn't ever come into my thoughts

first of all there is a god, whether or not you like it. the problem is we can mean different things with the word "god", i don't believe the myth of the old bearded man from the bible, symbolism aside, and i don't expect to ever "understand" the mystery of god other than through a very abstract leap of faith and the fact that the universe is manifest and that we each have the gift of consciousness and free will.

second of all, you may not understand your purpose until the proper opportunity presents itself in your life. it's very possible your life will suck, be boring and unfair for years on end until a random tuesday afternoon when you will make a "positive" action that will have eternal consequences and will proove you are an agent of divine good. even then, there is no avoiding suffering, and thankfully you are more than an android computer programmed for a single predictable purpose.

We live to fulfill our need for power.

The living are those who can go beyond themselves.

>if there is no God and therefore death (complete non-existence) is inevitable?
Why, to test that theory ofc.

Life is an x-phon virtual reality sandbox linear RPG with level and skill progression but also regression based on many other factors. There is no "purpose", your individual self or if you're too much of a weakling, instincts conjure you up a purpose to live by. Your personality gets wiped everytime you die and are not strong enough to hold on to it.

Enjoy. Our company is one of the best in Simulated Realities™ type of ventures. In fact we're the only one.

>I think it is your selfish individualistic thinking that makes you nihilistic. We are members of a super-organism. The greatest super-organism to ever exist, called Western Culture.
One that will be annihilated and consumed by an expanding star, if it ever makes it that far. Also, the your idea of belonging is purely make believe. Most people in history, the people that you admire, the greats of history, would look down at you like a peasant.
'Western civilisation' is an abstraction that implies unity and cohesiveness when in reality the 'west' has done nothing but fight and compete against each other leading to countless disasters. The idea that there is long stretching kinship between you and Galileo or Socrates or whomever, is pure egotistical fantasy on your part.

Just a typical level of Sup Forums antisocial.
Having to slog through banal interactions to get my dick wet just doesn't equal out for me.

To quote the Buddha:
*Holds up a flower*

Sup Forums is such a sissy board now, talking about flowers and meaning of life gayness

The purpose of life is to eliviate suffering, for yourself, others or both.

Aliens will resurrect you.

Go bin your knife and get your TV license. Make sure you have your license to buy soap.
Also, make sure you lube up for your daily mudslime raping.

To help other people.

To look at the death and think about your own demise is something most people are too scared to do, they hide away from it until it punches them in the face.

Kill yourself and find out.

What a stupid comment.

To experience the dread and sorrow

You know what to do

>What is the point in living, or anything for that matter, if there is no God
There is no point, so you might as well kill yourself.

>To look at the death and think about your own demise is something most people are too scared to do, they hide away from it until it punches them in the face.
I fuck death then let her aids behead me for the cycle of sentience renews itself and I shall be born of her again as everyone and everything has before, for life is the illusion we all live as the lifecycle of children.

You should KYS. I hear it's the ultimate pleasurable experience.

>There is no point, so you might as well kill yourself.
That is one logical conclusion, but it would be disrespectful to family.

mind blown

no point at all... do this to yourself

I wish I was that mantis

What is the point of living, or anything for that matter, if there IS a god?

jesus fucking christ why on gods green earth is this in existence.

You know there's probably people around who've stuck their own dicks in hornets nest's right?

I embraced paganism because I no longer wanted (((Christians))) telling me I cannot be LGBT. Thankfully I found varg and he taught me about how Loki would switch gender in the Icelandic sagas.

Fuck your "ethnostate" christcucks, you will not put people of color and LGBT people down for much longer.

Follow thulean perspective on YouTube if you're tired of your homosexuality being repressed by christcucks. Sharing the seed of your brothers is the closest bond of closeness you may share. Paganism is the way

>One that will be annihilated and consumed by an expanding star
I do not disagree with you, although the next and final frontier of Western Culture is space. It is our destiny to conquer the stars, whether that is to be fulfilled or not is to be seen.

>Also, the your idea of belonging is purely make believe.
Na, our ancestors are on my side

>Most people in history, the people that you admire, the greats of history, would look down at you like a peasant.
Yes that is kind of the point in being great. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop admiring or deriving inspiration from them

>'Western civilisation' is an abstraction that implies unity and cohesiveness when in reality the 'west' has done nothing but fight and compete against each other leading to countless disasters. The idea that there is long stretching kinship between you and Galileo or Socrates or whomever, is pure egotistical fantasy on your part.
Just because a culture has intra-warfare doesn't mean it isn't a culture with a unique identity, soul, personality, destiny as compared with other cultures, past and present.

i turned 22 before all those thoughts dissapeared. all that fog and existential bullshit left me over hte course of a month or so. now all i can think about is my family, and getting my bjj black belt. and also my health and the health of my family and friends. literally existentialism is so selfish now that i look back at it.

story please

>how Loki would switch gender in the Icelandic sagas.
Wasn't it something about turning into a mare then getting pregnant?

They should make that an episode in MLP

based British poster of greater purposes

Mantis scores a chick
Probably got squished later
But that's the mantis life
Hell it's what marriage is anyway

Spotted the brainlet, errr I mean master of irony.

To bust fat nuts to loli hentai.

>literally existentialism is so selfish now that i look back at it.
I am in agreement with this

why would they let it eat the nipple, it bleeds :(

This mantis has more experience with women than me ... sad :(

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5339341/Record-number-condoms-years-Winter-Olympics.html
archive.is/GHQQz

>why would they let it eat the nipple, it bleeds :(
The Mantis was trying to suckle his gf's titty but their mantoid mouth's won't allow it.

I'm sure the chick was just masochistic enough to enjoy it anyway

> muh gen Z

for the glory of Britain

murder

>bearded man from Bible

where the fuck in the Bible does it talk about God's beard?

>Implying the omnipotent don't exist
Shiggydiggy

Hedonism is debunked by decadence. People who do not suffer from external struggle will create their own internal suffering to struggle against. In order to actually maximize happiness, you need to find a goldilocks zone between pleasure and suffering. Just enough suffering for life to be an exciting challenge, but just enough pleasure for goals to be rewarding and fulfilling.

God is real. Seek him and repent and ask for understanding.

You are free! That's the problem! All of us are enslaved by other's people ideas and orders, but truly we are ever powerful and ever free! And that's what we refuse to see, hence we life like shit.
GOD'S with us! but we refuse it, and we are full of clutter in and out. How come it get this bad, well shit happens. What do? Clean, clean, clean until you see the SUN!

brother, I have been repenting ans asking for understanding for over 20 years. I have been patient as a human can be...

>28
>Looks like a teen
HOOWWW? That's a girl ain't it?

Did you read this article today?
thefederalist.com/2018/02/01/dr-jordan-peterson-gateway-drug-christianity-just-highbrow-joel-osteen/
archive.is/ozS5q
>Cultures in decline have passed a point of no return, when its people wake up to the knowledge that the myths founding their societies are indeed just stories. They lack confidence, disoriented and confused at the slightest challenge, their founding principles in tatters.

It's a coping mechanism
don't be so hard on him

Then why the fuck are you even alive? Life has like a 100:1 misery to pleasure ratio. Hedonists are just escapists in denial.

Because this life, no matter how meaningless or short it appears, is the only life we've got, and there are is so much potential to unlock within us to achieve great things and beauty to behold, so we should seek to realize what we personally hold dear

I personally live to see a white European ethnostate where Huwhite people threw off the shackles of their rootless cosmopolitan overlords, kicked out all the hordes of mudpeople and return to a dignified life in harmony with Nature on a massively depopulated Earth.

You can also live for a greater cause, an ideal, or take the path of nihilism and hedonism, or just kill yourself. It's up to you.

>Existence precedes essence.
Fake it till you make it son. Just keep trying to kick as much ass as possible until you stumble across your purpose. Some times they are moments and experiences and knowledge that can only be attained through strife. The is much to be gained from the qualia of experiences you may see as empty or pointless untill you have personally experienced them. Climbing a mountain seems like an arduous waste of time untill you struggle your way up a glacier with your muscles screaming and your heart pounding. You will only truly know what it means when you claim victory at the summit and taste the air that most men never will. You feel something totally unique that can only be felt by you accomplishing such a feat of endurance and triumph of will. Then you know what it means to climb a mountain.

mein nigga

Fuck the world. It's shit and it's only getting worse.
I never asked to be on planet hell but I'll try to get the most enjoyment I can get from of it.

Let's imply life had meaning.
If it is a achievable goal, once it were achieved, we'd be back to having no meaning. That's not even including that if the meaning were something you don't agree with or is stupid, like producing as many yellow microwaves as possible, it would be absolutely soul crushing.
Then if it's something unachievable, why would that be relevant? Since you'd be aiming for a pipe dream.
Just make your own shit up on the fly, my man. Be aware that this life is just a ride, though.

>before pol vs after pol
Backstory on the pic?

What's the point of living if there is a god?

You're right.
Most retards think you're talking about having sex and drugs though, they don't understand true pleasure comes from conquest and construction.

they overdosed on bogpills

This, though full disclosure i do enjoy drugs.

this is almost as funny as a mantis making a nipple bleed for pleasure

I understand, but its still not right Bulgaria bro.

Glory =\= pleasure.
Anyways, both are short lived in comparison to the constant misery that is being alive. They are just meaningless "feels" that eventually fade into nothingness. For all his victories and glory, Napoleon died sad and alone locked up in some island.
Peace of mind is the one true purpose.

Find your own purpose.
Perhaps fight cultural Marxism, they can always make you suffer while you live.

>I live for pleasure
And that's but a small reason why you and your people will forever be third world parasites.

That's how hell would be created for sure.
Pleasure brings pain which brings suffering.

truthism.com

>What is the point in living, or anything for that matter, if there is no God and therefore death
What's the point of living if there is God and heaven? You might as well die. life is about direction and things that mean something to THIS life.

oh no Im gonna die :((((( laife is sad :(((

Burger King and Overwatch.