Why are japanese mechs so shitty?

Other urls found in this thread:

sarna.net/wiki/Warhammer
sarna.net/wiki/Unseen
youtube.com/watch?v=OC2lsZU_Y4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are you so gay?

What's the left one from?

I know the joke. the right's from Macross, but I am curious about the left.

>Mechs holding guns
Why is this allowed?

I like mecha on stilettos.

I think it's from 40k or something, All I remember is it's a western design.

>cherrypicking.jpg
left looks like complete garbage

>mecha
>accurate killing machine

yes that is the point my retarded little friend

Why are Japanese people so much better at designing mecha than Westerners?

>my shit is more polished than your shit
Both designs are completely impractical. Say all you want but at least the Jap design is self aware and just focused on fun over anything else whereas the western version insisted on placing science in a genre that ridicules it

>that waist
what kind of super-alloy is that thing made out of?

Reminder that Macross and Battletech outsourced mech designs to the same company.

>tfw mechs are not viable in actual warfare and would just get shit on by tanks/artillery, air support, and maybe even some infantrymen with the right tools.

PLOTonium

High heels and clown shoes on mecha are disgusting.

Stubby feet are also terrible but not as bad.

What about tiptoes?

Yes but does the west have a GORILLABOT?

Is that a Warhammer from Battletech?

Man I haven't played Battletech for years.

Shut up Sigint

Yes it's MBR-04-Mk.VI Destroid Tomahawk

>Is that a Warhammer from Robotech?

> Robotech
user are you ok?
sarna.net/wiki/Warhammer

As stupid as that might be, I fucking love it.

Should I finish watching the Original Gundam series? Or should I watch the movies instead?

What about giant balls of death?

Left is THICC

For those too young, right is a destroid tomahawk, from macross, aka robotech, designed by Shōji Kawamori.

Some one you may not be aware but smart enough not to say so, I applaud you for not having autism like myself

The designs from battletech were cannibalized from his designs, like the marauder aka the gulag from marcross/robotech

sarna.net/wiki/Unseen

And yes I'm here because I'm hungry for bait

Daily reminder.

Why do not you know Kazutaka Miyatake?

Is this a functional mech design?

How about the Gundam series ? Try a little harder next time would you

>all mechs are humanoid

this is the biggest problem and missed opportunity for mecha anime.
It's so boring. a robot you can build to be any shape and any functionality. Why would they ALL have two arms and two legs and be shaped like a hominid?

it's just so limiting. all robot fights end up being sword fights with some special attacks thrown in.

you're limiting yourself from a whole world of possible combat choreography.

Think of Roujin Z. AMAZINGLY inventive and innovative robot combat. UNMATCHED anywhere else.
japan needs to take inspiration from roujin z and ghost in the shell and use and think of more non-humanoid mechs and robots.

Yeah, I remember that now.

It's just been so long since I've had anything to do with Battletech/Robotech.

I think that had something to do with one of the Mechwarrior games being cancelled a while ago didn't it?

Legal issues with some of the designs.

Western Mechs are way more intimidating at least, they also seem to be more functional (even though mechs are rarely if ever functional) and act more like a giant mobile weapons platform

Super jets are better then flying mechs at least.

Because Japanese understand mecha as a fantasy trope, not a sci-fi trope

I do know who designed many Battletech mechs illegally licensed through Twentieth Century Imports. Again though,
> Robotech

> I think that had something to do with one of the Mechwarrior games being cancelled a while ago didn't it?
Nope.
If you mean MechWarrior Living Legends, it was a free fan game better than official MechWarrior Online. They just tried to killed the competition.
Otherwise Battletech tabletop/computer games have nothing in common with Robotech/Macross except some illegally obtained and retconned concept designs.

And I mean jets are better then super mechs in awesome factor, the design just goes together way better.

>If you mean MechWarrior Living Legends, it was a free fan game better than official MechWarrior Online.
Nah, not that one. I think it was going to be developed by Smith & Tinker.

This one: youtube.com/watch?v=OC2lsZU_Y4A

>Why would they ALL have two arms and two legs and be shaped like a hominid?
Because HUMANITY FUCK YEAH if you have any problem with two legs and arms you should get on all four and bark like an idiot you are because human shape is apparently too much for you.

Why are Westerners so gay?

tanks can carry more weapons and remain more stable and armored then a mech, and less of a target

planes are more aerodynamic and capable of better armor then a mech too, thus they would realistically move faster

>ght is a destroid tomahawk, from macross, aka robotech, designed by Shōji Kawamori.

It was designed by Kazutaka Miyatake, moron.

east sees weapons as an extension of the self

west sees them as an empowering tool

You can't delude yourself into wanting to fuck the western robot.

the joke is that the right is from a japanese anime and the left is from a shitty american MOBA you fucking retards

Why would a mech compete with tank or plane? Ground based mech would be infantry support vehicle, flying mech would fill the role of helicopter that can still move and provide fire support after landing. Remember that "plane can't knock to your door" meme? Mech can.

A ground based mech would be neglected in favor of actual infantry support vehicles unless they're more akin to fucking power armor which makes it a completely different thing. Because the advantage of a tank also applies to any wheeled vehicle in this case.

A flying mech wouldn't be any better then a helicopter and probably won't have a team that's operating it for better control. A helicopter also has multitudes of turrets that can still be used while landed.

>then
*than

I'm waiting for the future where soldiers loses their human shape and become more like tanks, drone or tentacle machine with hands.
I mean, the hands and brain is the only thing useful in a human body.
So instead of making human shape robots, making humans looks less human shaped is more realistic.

Finish the series if you already started it, you dork.

>Because the advantage of a tank also applies to any wheeled vehicle in this case.
Not in city or village, 10m mech assisting infantry squad searching for terrorists giving them oversight over entire village is something tank can't do. Moving through blocked road is something tank can't don't, lifting concrete pieces of destroyed building to provide cover for infantry is something tank can't do. Mech is much more than gun platform.
>better then a helicopter
>A helicopter also has multitudes of turrets that can still be used while landed.
It don't have to be better, Mech still can operate when enemy have AA missiles but helicopter can't, you can't move helicopter in city from point A to B without it being taken down by missile, but Mech will just walk there.

The brain evolved to control an humanoid body, so I think it's reasonable to keep an humanoid shape.

WE

Don't forget the intimidation factor. A giant metal man is far more threatening looking than a hunk of metal on tracks.

The joke is that it's reversed you idiots

Gee thanks we would never have guessed.

>More functional
>Posting image of a titan from Warhammer
>Where everything in the universe is purposely meant to be cool and not functional at all
And besides, mechs can also transform into super jets too, just look at the Rezel or the Zeta Gundam

that is more like power armor

>Macross
>Pretending to be serious

Nigga

> everything in the universe is purposely meant to be cool and not functional at all
> most powerful land weapon platform, capable of destroying armies of titans, is a ludicrously oversized tracked tank
Really activates your almonds.

>titanfall
>definitive western mech

>Realist mechs
That would be a Guncannon.

Sorry Guntank.

>Humanoid robots
>Accurate killing machine
Please stop embarrassing yourselves /m/

>bipeds
enjoy crippling shots

the hilarious part is that mech on the right was stolen from a japanese show, look up 'battletech unseen'

>reverse image search
>'tengen toppa gurren lagann'
I get that it's big, but come on.
What's this from?

>10m mech
ATGM bait.
>Moving through blocked road is something tank can't
And a mech would fare even worse than a tank. uneven terrain is the biggest enemy of mechs, because high ground pressure and low surface area.

>implying

It's from the Five Star Stories, the iqdb button usually works better than google on here, for me anyway.