Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvV0IFjIkBE
youtube.com/watch?v=_b2zzxY24q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Read, then watch.

Read, tha pacing of the anime is really slow

Keep in mind that it's really depressing

why do that when there is this?

Is there any chance of the Manga being scanlated properly? I want to read it but the only available scans are left to right

Read.

If you want to see things moving, just watch the recap movies.

Shhhh, Big Brother Joe is sleeping

Yeah

Why is he sleeping in boxing ring?

Boxing is a very tiring sport

Our goddess place

It becomes right to left around chapter 4.

Joe losing to Mendoza was extremely bullshit. He completely dominated him during the whole fight.

>But muh white ashes winning or losing doesn't matter
Still bullshit.

Do both? i guess who i am to tell what you do.
Anyway it's sad and old fashioned. Damn i still fell for that Rikishi dude, i wish neither of them were so god damn stubborn.

I actually just finished reading this about an hour ago.
100% worth it, would recommend.

Watched the anime last year, hajime no ippo is much better

Should I read or watch Ippo?

I'm hoping we get a western release one day with the amount of old school manga like Devil Man and Harlock we're getting next year.

Do I make this or Hokuto no Ken the 100 + episode anime I watch over summer?

neither

Are they the whole series?

>start reading the manga
>its pretty good
>scanlation quality goes to absolute shit at the very end of Volume 3

Whatever nerd. Try reading it as it was coming out at a fucking snails pace especially with all the cliffhangers

Will Japan ever mourn a fictional character as much as Rikishi?

This is still one of the best OP themes ever. I listen to it every time I work out.
youtube.com/watch?v=qvV0IFjIkBE

It's worthwhile to do both.

Go to prison, get beaten by a gorilla but still get a KO. Suddenly coach NTRs you with a literal no one skeleton for some silly reason you could teach him in seconds if you told him. And the other guy is actuyally good with just that.
This was stupid, this is certainly not a sports manga.

I dropped the manga after the Machine fight. It was so onesided that I just assumed that's how it'll be for the rest of the series; onesided repetitive fights.

Guys, I don't know how to tell you this, but after reading the manga I only have 1 thing to say.
It's incredibly silly and the writing is stiff as fuck. I have 2 example pages but I'll just upload the writing part (maybe it's just the translation).

Fuck it here's the other one.

How to convey hate towards a character?
Say it explicitly, Jesus lord what am I reading?

He really freaking didn't. I think only 4-5 rounds were either in Joe's favor or so even it could've gone either way.

I feel like Ashita no Joe 2 (covers the second-half of the story) is superb and can be enjoyed even by someone who is not used to watching old anime

I do the Joe whistle and sing the first OP all the time, especially when lifting.
youtube.com/watch?v=_b2zzxY24q4
I wish I had a cool Joe shirt but I've never seen one that looked good.